Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Ultimate Shipper Combo, Who is the best of the best?
Which is the better ship?
Which is the better ship?
Sam and Jack [ 101 ] ** [82.11%]
Sam and Daniel [ 1 ] ** [0.81%]
Sam and Thor [ 2 ] ** [1.63%]
Sam and Pete [ 2 ] ** [1.63%]
Sam and Martouf [ 4 ] ** [3.25%]
Sam and Orlin [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Daniel and Janet [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Daniel and Sarah [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Jack and Laira (100 days) [ 1 ] ** [0.81%]
Cassandra and Dominick (The Rite of Passage) [ 1 ] ** [0.81%]
Janet and Gen. Hammond [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Jolinar and Lantash [ 3 ] ** [2.44%]
Teal'c and Ishta [ 3 ] ** [2.44%]
Teal'c and Drey'auc [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Other (if so, explain which ship) [ 5 ] ** [4.07%]
Total Votes: 123
Guests cannot vote 
Lt. Colonel Samantha O'Neill
post Nov 26th 2004, 6:05 PM
Post #1

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,391

I'm wondering who is the best ship combo...the other one is missing a couple of shippings, so I created this one to compensate. I've also added an "other" option because once you start the poll you don't realize how many couple options there are and Carter has a great amount of boyfriends...personally I'm voting for Carter and O'Neill...if I could voye twice I'd pick Daniel and Janet as my second shipping.

Happy shipping and let the polls begin!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mac.Fan
post Dec 2nd 2004, 9:56 AM
Post #2

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,500

I voted for Jack & Sam.
I see that 10 out of 11 votes are for them so far.
+Quote Post
xayeidemon
post Dec 2nd 2004, 10:41 PM
Post #3

Always a cousin, never a boochi!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,544

Other. Jack/Sara had more chemistry.
+Quote Post
aliaras
post Dec 2nd 2004, 11:53 PM
Post #4

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,066

I went out on a limb and voted Sam/Martouf.

Although I am a Sam/Jack shipper, I'm being forced to acknowledge that that probably will end. Of all the other relationships, I think Sam/Martouf was the best.

It was in canon, it wasn't in defiance of any regs. While that might of made it rather boring, it meant that there was nothing for anybody to complain about. Sam/Jack's still my fave, but the "best" all around is Sam/Martouf.

This post has been edited by aliaras: Dec 3rd 2004, 12:46 AM
+Quote Post
Magnavox
post Dec 3rd 2004, 12:35 AM
Post #5

Posts with an accent...
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 3,724

Jolinar and Lantash. These guys were together for like a hundred years! Clearly they would have had a wonderful relationship to last that long.

Jack & Sam are ok, they do have chemistry but circumstances dictate that relationship.
+Quote Post
Nikki
post Dec 9th 2004, 2:47 PM
Post #6

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,724

Jack & Sam are ok, they do have chemistry but circumstances dictate that relationship.

Thats what makes this ship the most interesting. Jack and Sam are just so meant to be together and the chemistry between them is obvious. Jack and Sam are definitely the best couple. wink.gif cloud9.gif
+Quote Post
Nicole_Sheppard
post Dec 14th 2004, 10:56 AM
Post #7

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,057

I'm probably the only one who voted for Daniel/Sam, huh? Oh, well.
+Quote Post
post Dec 16th 2004, 6:35 PM
Post #8

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Boy, people are one sided here...most people are J/S shippers...and no one shares their opinions...it'd be nice if you guys would share...and debate...because it feels a bit...well...dead...

I personally find that if anything Daniel loves Carter like a sister and he couldn't think any different of her than as a sister. Carter feels the same about him, they are more like siblings than anything else.

Ssad thing is, I have always been a fan of hopeless relationships...and for me Daniel and Janet were that. Daniel's too shy and reserved to ask her out...and Janet has her job on her mind as well as Cassie. She has never really looked for anything beyond her job. It was really sad lately and she probably died too soon for any kind of relationship to form.
+Quote Post
Nikki
post Dec 23rd 2004, 7:38 PM
Post #9

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,724

I personally find that if anything Daniel loves Carter like a sister and he couldn't think any different of her than as a sister. Carter feels the same about him, they are more like siblings than anything else.

I agree with you, i just dont see any kind of romantic attraction between daniel and sam and they do treat each other more like brother and sister.

Ssad thing is, I have always been a fan of hopeless relationships...and for me Daniel and Janet were that. Daniel's too shy and reserved to ask her out...and Janet has her job on her mind as well as Cassie. She has never really looked for anything beyond her job. It was really sad lately and she probably died too soon for any kind of relationship to form.

Personally i never saw the attraction between daniel and janet but now that i think about if they hadn't have killed her off mad.gif then i see the potential for a relationship.

+Quote Post
post Dec 24th 2004, 11:43 AM
Post #10

Airman First Class
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nikki @ Dec 23rd 2004, 7:38 PM)
Personally i never saw the attraction between daniel and janet but now that i think about if they hadn't have killed her off mad.gif then i see the potential for a relationship.

There really hadn't been any clues to the possible relationship, except that the personalities were compatible and that Daniel was a very requent infermary visitor, but we'll blame that to he can be accident prone and has allergies, thus he had to take medication.

I am still hoping that Carter and O'Neill somehow get together...we know that supposively O'Neill is going to be in the show less and less. Either they will be focusing on the Gate travel, or O'Neill really hates his job. I'm not sure, but I'm eagerly awaiting new episodes to find out.
+Quote Post
gatenut
post Dec 24th 2004, 2:51 PM
Post #11

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,513

Jack/Sam all the way!!! cloud9.gif

This post has been edited by gatenut: Dec 24th 2004, 3:00 PM
+Quote Post
synthetik_whore
post Dec 30th 2004, 9:30 PM
Post #12

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,385

I voted for Jack and Sam because I'm a J/S shipper fan all the way... but here's your explanation if you seek justice as an anti-shipper in shipper haven.

Sam and Daniel: Brother and Sister in a candy store together full of scientific discovery.

Sam and Thor: Do I have to explain this one? Okay, the plumbing just doesn't fit.

Sam and Pete: Here we go again. Pete isn't the right type for Sam. He strikes me as the type that doesn't like his girl hanging around guys all the time. Sam hangs around guys 27/7 so that wouldn't work. Pete gives off bad vibes for Sam's future, and he has a strange look about him.

Sam and Martouf: Martouf would live much longer than Sam and that wouldn't be fair. Besides, Martouf only loves Sam because of her brief encounter with Jolinar.

Sam and Orlin: Orlin, the poor guy we was just obsessed with Sam. Orlin is more advanced than Sam could ever imagine and wouldn't reach on her on her humanity personal level like Jack could.

Daniel and Janet: Yes, as you said Daniel is a frequent visitor to the infirmiry. Poor Janet, she took one look at Daniel without too much clothing on and she couldn't help herself, it was inevitable. I don't really think Daniel had romantic feelings for Janet, but I do think their might have been "some" sparkage.

Daniel and Sarah: This relationship could've worked. But, we all know how it ended and that prevents it from being the ultimate shipper combo.

Jack and Laira: Just wasn't meant to be. She was desperate, he didn't see any other way out for himself, couldn't get over the fact that he would never see Sam again so he went for it. "Desperate times calls for desperate measures..." Not a very good slogan for a relationship.

Cassandra and Dominick: Teenagers, they've got some time and some things to live up to before they can become the ultimate shipper combo.

Janet and Gen. Hammond: This is why horses and cats don't go together.

Jolinar and Lantash: Yes, they've been around for a while, but that doesn't mean they quailfy for the ultimate shipper combo. Besides, she did sleep with someone else to escape Hell and never told him about it. And now, after her death he is chasing Sam to some degree.

Teal'c and Ishta: They've only been together a few times and are separted most of the time.

Teal'c and Drey'auc: Drey'auc married someone else even though she knew in some part of her heart that Teal'c was still out there and would come back some day as promised.

Jack and Sam is the only logical choice, and boy do they qualify as the Ultimate shipper combo.

"EXCELLENT..." - Jack
+Quote Post
post Dec 31st 2004, 10:17 AM
Post #13

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Sam and Daniel: Brother and Sister in a candy store together full of scientific discovery.

Agreed, however, fans do see them together...as strange as it sounds.

Sam and Thor: Do I have to explain this one? Okay, the plumbing just doesn't fit.

Also, agree, but fans like it...and I think it's a bit...well, not right...

Sam and Pete: Here we go again. Pete isn't the right type for Sam. He strikes me as the type that doesn't like his girl hanging around guys all the time. Sam hangs around guys 27/7 so that wouldn't work. Pete gives off bad vibes for Sam's future, and he has a strange look about him.

AREE!!! I am a big anti-Pete person, if I had it my way (which I might), Pete would be out of the picture. I hope that they break up and never talk again. In general Pete gives off bad vibes and looks strange.

Sam and Martouf: Martouf would live much longer than Sam and that wouldn't be fair. Besides, Martouf only loves Sam because of her brief encounter with Jolinar.

Yeah...but in this show there are a lot of things that weren't very fair. I mean, Sha're died after Daniel tried so hard to find her and all of Carter's boyfriends have died (including Martouf). Then again, it was a "coupling" (sort of) on the show.

Sam and Orlin: Orlin, the poor guy we was just obsessed with Sam. Orlin is more advanced than Sam could ever imagine and wouldn't reach on her on her humanity personal level like Jack could.

You're right...but he was charming, that's what I did like about him, he had charms (unusally creepy ones, but still). Somehow I think the writers of SG1 are sending a message that Carter can't ever really be in a happy relationship if her love interests are close to the line of fire.

Daniel and Janet: Yes, as you said Daniel is a frequent visitor to the infirmiry. Poor Janet, she took one look at Daniel without too much clothing on and she couldn't help herself, it was inevitable. I don't really think Daniel had romantic feelings for Janet, but I do think their might have been "some" sparkage.

I think this is one we may never know too much on, since she died and I don't think Daniel would want to talk about it much. If Janet did have any romantic feelings for Daniel, Carter would be someone who may know the most about it and O'Neill for Daniel. There were some sparkage, but I don't think enough for many people would take notice of it.

Daniel and Sarah: This relationship could've worked. But, we all know how it ended and that prevents it from being the ultimate shipper combo.

Exactly...

Jack and Laira: Just wasn't meant to be. She was desperate, he didn't see any other way out for himself, couldn't get over the fact that he would never see Sam again so he went for it. "Desperate times calls for desperate measures..." Not a very good slogan for a relationship.

OK, I do agree, I hate Laira, after seeing "100 Days" I cursed the woman for months. I still do curse her, but they were a sort of couple on the show.

Cassandra and Dominick: Teenagers, they've got some time and some things to live up to before they can become the ultimate shipper combo.

:::Shrugs::: Again, they were a couple on the show and I wanted to have more options.

Janet and Gen. Hammond: This is why horses and cats don't go together.

Exactly, but on the other Shipper poll, they had made quite a mark and I couldn't ignore it. I would have never come up with this pairing in my life,

Jolinar and Lantash: Yes, they've been around for a while, but that doesn't mean they quailfy for the ultimate shipper combo. Besides, she did sleep with someone else to escape Hell and never told him about it. And now, after her death he is chasing Sam to some degree.

I think they could be if you include the fact that their love was real, no one would deny that Jolinar and Lantash were a real and lasting couple. He's chasing Sam slightly for the fact that she knows hoe Jolinar felt and why she did what she did.

Teal'c and Ishta: They've only been together a few times and are separted most of the time.

There is attraction though.

Teal'c and Drey'auc: Drey'auc married someone else even though she knew in some part of her heart that Teal'c was still out there and would come back some day as promised.

I think, really it goes beyond that. The only reason why she remarried is so that her son could live a better life. Mothers want their children to be safe, if that means going behind their husband's back, they would do so and I think that's exactly what Drey'auc was thinking. Teal'c did forgive her and when she died, Teal'c was devsistated and cried. I think there was more than what we saw to this relationship.

Jack and Sam is the only logical choice, and boy do they qualify as the Ultimate shipper combo.

These options are just various couples that have appeared on the show. I just wrote down 15 of them (plus Other for those who like other pairings). It is for the fans to decide which shipping they support, I for one support Jack and Sam for many reasons (it's very obvious between my name and avitar), but I do want to see who the fans want to see, and we can see that J/S shipping is very popular. My opinion isn't voiced through the choices...I had felt that more options for the poll were needed, now even I don't agree with all of them, but I respect people who support them (well...except Pete....).
+Quote Post
i love si-fi
post Dec 31st 2004, 3:37 PM
Post #14

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,710

sam+jack are the best ship now dought in my opinyon
+Quote Post
Ilzy
post Mar 21st 2005, 4:44 AM
Post #15

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,299

QUOTE(Lt. Colonel Samantha O'Neill @ Dec 17th 2004, 2:35 AM)
Sad thing is, I have always been a fan of hopeless relationships...and for me Daniel and Janet were that.

I am one of the hopeless relationships fans too, that's one of the reasons (probably) why I like the J/S pair so much - they would give the world for each other but they're just too responsible and dedicated to their jobs to start anything dry.gif
+Quote Post
HollyShannensAngel
post Mar 21st 2005, 2:01 PM
Post #16

Airman Basic

Member No.: 7,054

Jack/Sam, although it still annoys me wth the whole will they won't they? Enough is enough people!!!!!! They work well off each other although for a while I did play with the idea of Daniel/Sam, but heh, I came back to my senses lol. biggrin.gif My sister is a shipper of Sam/Daniel's though.

Click for Spoiler
cloud9.gif
+Quote Post
Drizzt Do'Urden
post Jul 15th 2005, 4:19 PM
Post #17

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,083

I picked "other" for Beckett/Perna ("Poisoning the Well" in Stargate: Atlantis). There wasn't much of a relationship, but it was kind of sweet, and Beckett needs someone like that.

user posted image

Click for Spoiler
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Aug 11th 2005, 12:50 PM
Post #18

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

I had to go for Sam and jack. There is no doubt in my mind that they have the best chemistry.
Click for Spoiler
+Quote Post
stargate_addict
post Aug 18th 2005, 9:16 PM
Post #19

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,195

Jack and sam always, they are made for eachother.
+Quote Post
togar
post Nov 14th 2005, 11:37 AM
Post #20

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,212

ok, sorry to go off topic here, but what exactly is ship/slach, and then anti-ship/anti-slash? i dont really wanna start a new topic for this
+Quote Post
MajikthizeII
post Nov 19th 2005, 4:53 PM
Post #21

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,365

QUOTE(togar @ Nov 14th 2005, 4:37 PM)
ok, sorry to go off topic here, but what exactly is ship/slach, and then anti-ship/anti-slash? i dont really wanna start a new topic for this

Ship = short for Relationship ('ship). Defined as an interest in the romantic or sexual interactions and relationships of two or more characters, usually of the opposite sex.

Slash = from the / mark between the two names i.e. Jack/Daniel. Defined as an interest in the romantic or sexual interactions and relationships of two characters (or more...hey this is slash, anything goes!) of the same sex.

Therefore anti-ship = against ship and anti-slash = against slash.

Most anti ahippers or anti slashers are markedly against it. Quite often a shipper will be very anti slash, and a slasher very anti ship. Then again, quite a lot of us are just "meh" about it all and like to indulge in a little of both.

+Quote Post
togar
post Jan 10th 2006, 1:52 AM
Post #22

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,212

mckay and the lt he shard his body with, after an experience like that, how can they not hook up, plus, shes already seen all of him, so...

second would be jack and sam

then daniel and sarah

This post has been edited by togar: Jan 10th 2006, 2:35 AM
+Quote Post
Pegasus Angel
post Feb 18th 2006, 8:14 AM
Post #23

Awakened...
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,176

Jack & Sam first, as this is the first and main ship and I love to watch the shippy moments.

I did however love the Sam / Martouf moments too.
+Quote Post
Kalliope
post May 24th 2006, 3:19 PM
Post #24

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,547

This poll should be updated. Daniel and Vala for me, the chemistry between them is just magical and wonderful.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 19th 2014 - 10:49 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.