Guests cannot vote 
synthetik_whore
post Dec 30th 2004, 5:56 PM
Post #25

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,385

I don't think the Stargate producers will let this engagement last very long. Something is going to happen... It might, we never know, but I don't see it in the near future. Something's going to happen with Pete and I'm definitely sticking around to see what harm will come to him. Sorry all Pete sympithizers I'm for Jack and Sam all the way!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
elbrookes
post Jan 13th 2005, 7:57 AM
Post #26

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,576

I have go agree with you. The Sam/Jack relationship is rather important. They couldn't allow Sam to marry Pete. Poor Pete, but I think something really bad will happen to him.
Even if something doesn't happen to him, she may realise in the end she can't marry him because of Jack.
+Quote Post
PokeThePuddle
post Jan 14th 2005, 12:23 AM
Post #27

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,583

biggrin.gif Samantha & Jack.

Jack is general. Jack is old. Jack retires. Regulations nolonger apply. Jack & Sam marry. But sam and jack are both old, so i guess they'll have a higher chance of getting deformed babies... But jack jr. will be pretty much as smart as jack.

SAM & JACK
JACK & SAM

either way you look at it, its CARTER AND O'NEILL--O'NEILL AND CARTER.
+Quote Post
Mac.Fan
post Jan 14th 2005, 12:52 AM
Post #28

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,500

Yep that is true. She still got feelings for Jack. In the episode 'lost city pt2' in the end, it looks like she was going to cry crying.gif At lest both Daniel and Teal'c are there for her. I hope she relies that her feelings for Jack are more stronger than feelings for Pete.

QUOTE(elbrookes @ Jan 13th 2005, 7:57 AM)
I have go agree with you. The Sam/Jack relationship is rather important. They couldn't allow Sam to marry Pete. Poor Pete, but I think something really bad will happen to him.
Even if something doesn't happen to him, she may realise in the end she can't marry him because of Jack.

+Quote Post
MajikthizeII
post Jan 14th 2005, 7:28 AM
Post #29

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,365

QUOTE(PokeThePuddle @ Jan 14th 2005, 12:23 AM)
But sam and jack are both old, so i guess they'll have a higher chance of getting deformed babies...

Well that's a cheery thought.
+Quote Post
synthetik_whore
post Jan 14th 2005, 4:36 PM
Post #30

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(MajikthizeII @ Jan 14th 2005, 7:28 AM)
Well that's a cheery thought.

rolleyes.gif Yes, lovely mental images are conjured there...
+Quote Post
lillina
post Jan 14th 2005, 10:11 PM
Post #31

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,460

I hope she relies that her feelings for Jack are more stronger than feelings for Pete.
[/quote]

if she calls off her engagement i hope she does it because she realises it is the best thing for her - and not just because of her conflicting feelings for jack. i sometimes wonder if pete will do it for her though ... now wouldn't that be a nice way to remove him from the picture without him meeting an untimely end? seriously though ... as much as i find the sam/pete prospect distasteful, AT's comments about how this relationship is rounding Sam out in the love department, ring very true. Lets be honest: this woman is rather 'immature' emotionally - she really does need all the experience she can get. She is learning a lot about herself in the process - it really will stand her in good stead if she does manage to have someting with o'neill. otherwise she'll just get eaten alive .....
+Quote Post
MajikthizeII
post Jan 15th 2005, 2:44 PM
Post #32

Senior Airman
Group Icon

QUOTE(lillina @ Jan 14th 2005, 10:11 PM)
She is learning a lot about herself in the process - it really will stand her in good stead if she does manage to have someting with o'neill. otherwise she'll just get eaten alive .....

...although being eaten alive by O'Neill doesn't sound too shabby to me... whistling.gif
+Quote Post
lillina
post Jan 15th 2005, 7:20 PM
Post #33

Civilian
Group Icon

[quote=MajikthizeII,Jan 15th 2005, 3:44 PM]
...although being eaten alive by O'Neill doesn't sound too shabby to me... whistling.gif

indeed it does not .. but i was thinking more along emotional rollercoaster lines. He is a man of the world with a LOT of baggage and a lot of experience. She adores him but i suspect may not be able to keep up with him on the same level unless she gets some exposure. Which she is now getting with pete; and as much as i am not taken with the scenario it has to be doing good on some level. I have faith in our heroine - she won't 'settle'!!!
+Quote Post
synthetik_whore
post Jan 16th 2005, 8:55 PM
Post #34

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

We can only hope...
+Quote Post
Lt. Colonel Samantha O'Neill
post Jan 17th 2005, 4:51 PM
Post #35

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,391

[quote=lillina,Jan 14th 2005, 10:11 PM]
I hope she relies that her feelings for Jack are more stronger than feelings for Pete.
[/quote]

if she calls off her engagement i hope she does it because she realises it is the best thing for her - and not just because of her conflicting feelings for jack. i sometimes wonder if pete will do it for her though ... now wouldn't that be a nice way to remove him from the picture without him meeting an untimely end? seriously though ... as much as i find the sam/pete prospect distasteful, AT's comments about how this relationship is rounding Sam out in the love department, ring very true. Lets be honest: this woman is rather 'immature' emotionally - she really does need all the experience she can get. She is learning a lot about herself in the process - it really will stand her in good stead if she does manage to have someting with o'neill. otherwise she'll just get eaten alive .....

[/quote]

I wouldn't say that Carter is 'Immature'...emotionally, I think she is rather mature, in fact...it is relationship-wise that she is not immature, but lacking. We all know that she has it bad for her CO and that she's with Pete (which I hope will not last for much longer), but if we think logically her past relationships have not been very good. First off, she has been previously engaged, but she broke off the engagement (then her ex became kind of psychotic) and the past three love interests that she has had some mutual admitted interest in have all ended badly. Now just because a girl (or a woman) has not had the best experiance relationship-wise doesn't mean that she is emotionally immature...she is pretty much hurt or even in disbelief that her romances have been...sluggish, means that well...she has rotten luck.

I would like to see a future relationship with O'Neill, but we all know that Pete has to go before that otherwise...she's well, cheating on Pete (not that I mind that much). I do agree that she is still learning about herself, but can you blame her? She works in an enviornment where she may get a call any moment with an emergancy or she is off-world...it is kind of hard to have a relationship in an enviornment like that...none of SG-1 as we have seen have really attempted a relationship of any kind...just an observation...and I'm wondering if it's personal choice or because of work.
+Quote Post
lillina
post Jan 17th 2005, 7:48 PM
Post #36

Civilian
Group Icon

I wouldn't say that Carter is 'Immature'...emotionally, I think she is rather mature, in fact...it is relationship-wise that she is not immature, but lacking. ..she has rotten luck.

what i think i meant is that she is emotionally immature when you compare her to o'neill and his life experience - although perhaps my choice of words was a bit harsh. And she has had rotten luck, poor mite. i think her need to love and be loved is way more integral to her character than it is to his - he has been a lot more hardened by life's curveballs than she has, and has learned to handle things better.

I would like to see a future relationship with O'Neill, but we all know that Pete has to go before that otherwise...she's well, cheating on Pete (not that I mind that much).

well, since she is in conflict deep down she has never been totally loyal to him (pete i mean)

I do agree that she is still learning about herself, but can you blame her?

not at all ... i still think the whole pete scenario is helping her discover facets of herself that might not otherwise have seen the light, with all the repressing of emotions for o'neill she has had to do. it's tough being in situation where you want to say something to someone and you can't. I'm almost apprehensive about watching Threads at this point - i so felt for her in Lost City when she showed up at jack's house and there was all that stress. i really felt he wasn't receptive to what she was trying to tell him; like he really didn't want to hear ...

none of SG-1 as we have seen have really attempted a relationship of any kind...just an observation...and I'm wondering if it's personal choice or because of work.

i think it's a combination of both. when you work in a team that shares something like this you sometimes don't feel the need to look outwards. i remember working as a stewardess about 13 uears ago and there was one particular crew that i was with for several months - we were just everything to each other without the need for others out the team. Funny hours, some emergencies, lots of time together in confined spaces ... it brings you close.

i haven't given up on something eventually happening between them:)
+Quote Post
cvvrede
post Feb 3rd 2005, 2:26 PM
Post #37

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 7,767

She should definitly marry Jack.

1. he's the hottest of the three
2. They'll be sure it'll work out since they've seen it in other realities.
3. That would make me very happy(well, that's not actually an reason, but it's true).

I think they're meant to be. If there is something as fate, they're definitly destined for eachother.
+Quote Post
?berSG-1Fan
post Feb 4th 2005, 1:55 AM
Post #38

Airman Basic

Member No.: 7,218

QUOTE(Tanwen O'Neill @ Sep 19th 2004, 7:25 AM)
just because she gets engadged to Pete doesn't mean she'll marry him. 

I can personally attest that this is true since I got engaged at 18 to a guy named Michael Rose. That was 13 years ago and my last name never changed to Rose (I definitely dodged that bullet).
+Quote Post
?berSG-1Fan
post Feb 4th 2005, 2:01 AM
Post #39

Airman Basic

Member No.: 7,218

if she calls off her engagement i hope she does it because she realises it is the best thing for her - and not just because of her conflicting feelings for jack.

I don't think these concepts are mutually exclusive. She could realize she still has conflicting feelings for Jack whilst simultaneously realizing that Pete is not her man.

i sometimes wonder if pete will do it for her though ... now wouldn't that be a nice way to remove him from the picture without him meeting an untimely end?

I agree here too. I can giggle and come up with fun ways for Pete to meet his maker (I think the most intriguing would be if Jack or Sam were for some reason forced to kill him), but I for once would like to see Sam end a relationship with a guy without him pushing up daisies.

Lets be honest: this woman is rather 'immature' emotionally - she really does need all the experience she can get. She is learning a lot about herself in the process - it really will stand her in good stead if she does manage to have someting with o'neill.

Sam needs this time so she can fully understand her feelings for Jack and for Pete. Then she can honestly make the determination if Pete is the one for her (wrong decision) or if she's meant to be with Jack (right move, of course). smile.gif
+Quote Post
Mega Trout
post Feb 14th 2005, 6:13 PM
Post #40

Airman Basic

Member No.: 7,720

For those who have seen it, what are all you guys thinking about this issue post-"Threads"?
+Quote Post
MajikthizeII
post Feb 15th 2005, 5:40 AM
Post #41

Senior Airman
Group Icon

I'd love to comment, Mega Trout, but I doubt I could say anything meaningful without littering it full of spoilers. As it hasn't been aired in the U.S. yet, I'll posptpone until it has. Hey, it's only a couple of weeks - I can re-watch it and take it all in while waiting for them to catch up.

I'll just say that this topic makes quite interesting reading though, post Threads.
+Quote Post
post Feb 15th 2005, 12:03 PM
Post #42

Airman First Class
Group Icon

As much as I hate or dislike Pete, I don't want him to die...I mean, can we impose a crueler fate to Carter? She has no luck the the area of love and romance, can we all please give her a break? Think about it, all of her previous boyfriends have met some unhappy fate and we should have them break-up, if anything have them become friends, talk once in a while, but death is a little extreme. Granted, I think that if there was one soulmate for every person, then by all means, I agree with my whole heart that Jack O'Neill is the man for Carter. To have Pete killed just because you hate him is a little much. I think the 'Black Widow Curse' is a source for the anti-shippers and anti-Carter fans to get at us as well as the focus on 'Another one Bites the Dust: Samantha Carter's "Black Widow Curse" claims another victim' idea that I have seen on SDJ.com (Save Daniel Jackson). A lot of Daniel fans hate her because the focus of the show was taken off Daniel and O'Neill and placed on Carter and O'Neill...and also her 'curse'. Even though I sound like I'm begging (and perhaps whining a bit), I'm really trying to make a point that perhaps death is a little too extreme for this case and maybe a simple and easy break-up would be a lot less painful and annoying to anti-shippers. Then perhaps we can rest the whole 'curse' where I think it belongs, its grave.

Now...who agrees with me? :::Looks around hopefully:::

This post has been edited by Lt. Colonel Samantha O'Neill: Feb 15th 2005, 12:05 PM
+Quote Post
Nikki
post Feb 15th 2005, 5:00 PM
Post #43

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,724

All i have to say is that I completely agree with you Lt.colonel sam carter and

spoiler from threads

Click for Spoiler
+Quote Post
synthetik_whore
post Feb 15th 2005, 5:08 PM
Post #44

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Ahhh! Why did I read the spoiler!!! I told myself not to, but I couldn't resist biggrin.gif

For the love of Pete, Nikki!!! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
post Feb 15th 2005, 7:12 PM
Post #45

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Nikki, you just made my day! I'm already telling all my online SG-1 buddies about it, man, am I happy and not to mention dancing. I have been waiting for this since the end of season 7!!! We all know what that means...so yeah...not being a spoiler person to all those who hate spoilers, but I found one yesterday that brought my day down.

Click for Spoiler
+Quote Post
Mac.Fan
post Feb 15th 2005, 11:57 PM
Post #46

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,500

w00t.gif Sam dumps pete. This is good news for all Jack and sam shipper fans out there. From what i have read, she gose fishing with him up at his cabin *finally*

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
post Feb 16th 2005, 11:49 AM
Post #47

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Now that's something we've been waiting for!! And look! She's so happy, bye bye Purina Pete, hello O'NeillxCarter shippiness. When is Threads showing in the US? :::Gets a pad to write the date down::: I'm going to record it and show all my friends the amazingness of shippiness...my dad will look at me like I'm nuts, but what's new? I haven't been sane since I started watching this show.
+Quote Post
synthetik_whore
post Feb 16th 2005, 5:35 PM
Post #48

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

It taking forever for them to play threads in the U.S.!!! Come on!!! Sorry, just ranting away. I want to see this before I really, truely believe it. But I want to, I really want to... biggrin.gif
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 16th 2014 - 12:27 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.