Rating  5
Superfreak
post Mar 11th 2004, 3:25 PM
Post #121

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,830

I find it almost hilarious, how when ever Jack gets zapped with an Ancient Repository... it instantly turns him into Mcgiver again.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Capt.Rey
post Mar 11th 2004, 5:08 PM
Post #122

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,877

QUOTE (Superfreak @ Mar 11 2004, 03:25 PM)
I find it almost hilarious, how when ever Jack gets zapped with an Ancient Repository... it instantly turns him into Mcgiver again.

LOL

I found it funny that the Ancients have lazyboyz with remote control for chairs. On the first planet you have an overhead projector. And on earth you have a planet security system.

Has anyone found it funny that 302 has a bald captain? Can anyone can remember Jack's suggested name for the ship when it was first launched ... whistling.gif
+Quote Post
ted_simple
post Mar 11th 2004, 5:34 PM
Post #123

SIR Ted Simple
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 3,194

Since there is a season 8, it makes me question whether or not Anubis is really dead. (they need something to do for an entire season) Since he can "ascend" wouldn't he just take that form after he dies just like everyone else has that has ascended before?

The character was never given much depth, he was less more than the incarnation of a power-thirsty man. An episode like Serpent's Song (for the character of Apophis) wasn't written, and so I believe the writers don't have a problem just to kill Anubis off. They obviously don't want to explore the character. He has been literally totally defeated now, that's the perfect end for him and the only language this guy ever spoke. And I'm so glad!! I've had enough of him, he was no real character to me.

As for season eight - I'm wondering how the remaining system lords will react when they learn that the ta'uri have a weapon capable of destroying motherships. Will they be terrified and test our defenses? As others said before, the weapon can most likely not be used again...

The main cliffhangers from this episode - which has really turned the world of Stargate upside down - that I want to see answers for (I think nobody here made such a list before):

1. What were the Asgard doing!? - The answer better be good! And hopefully has something to do with season 8 plotline, that would be elegant. And otherwise I would be disappointed - "sorry, we had to do some of our own business, nothing to do with you"

2. Who will save Jack? - I guess the Asgard again. Perhaps some time has passed, and SG-1 will have to tell Jack what happened in the meantime. That would be clever to fill us in. But that should happen right in the first episode, it would ne a very poor excuse for RDA to be absent from the show if they just leave him in stasis for a few episodes.

3. What did the world notice/what will go public!? - HOPEFULLY, and I pray for that, they will deal with this topic and not just go on with SG-1 missions. But considering the way they started with disclosure, followed by heroes and then the recent episodes, I think there's hope for that. I don't say everything must go public, but it should be dealt with - nobody can overlook 30+ motherships around the planets and the precise destructing of the power grids and communications needs if not a full disclosure a very sophisticated cover story (which I want to know in detail).

4. No new gould villain, please. And if so, please do it right, and not Anubis-style again. This would be very flat. In any case, answer the question how the other system lords react to earth managing to destroy Anubis (as I wrote above).

(5. What happens to the SGC? - Okay, I don't have to mention it, they writers can hardly forget it. Probably in the first episode the SGC is already rebuilt and some time has passed, so that the missions can go on.)

This post has been edited by ted_simple: Mar 11th 2004, 6:16 PM
+Quote Post
Ronin Phoenix
post Mar 11th 2004, 5:56 PM
Post #124

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,333

QUOTE (VectorDP @ Mar 11 2004, 11:52 AM)
Well the way that I see it is that Jack was linked mentally with whatever that weapon was and he was directing the targets. I think that is why the light was on him and when the attack was over the light went out and his head slumped a little.

hmmmm.....makes sense.....yeah thatll work for me....thx VectorDP
+Quote Post
Majikthize
post Mar 11th 2004, 6:27 PM
Post #125

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,130

QUOTE (Sam's Sister @ Mar 11 2004, 02:14 AM)
Jack and Sam left it unspoken, too (I had a suspicion that Sam was intending to tell Jack how she felt back at his house, but was interrupted).? As always, they have continued the UST into the next season.? And rightly so, fellow shippers -- remember, we have a whole 8th season to resolve all that, if that is what they intend to do.? All in good time.? Savor the journey...

Of course. It's the journey that's important not the destination. That's pretty much my ethos and, I suspect, much that of much of the shipper community. (You have no idea how difficult it was to make that sentence sound grammatically correct!)

I'm a huge UST fan, huge angst (and especially angst romance) fan, so actually I'm really pretty happpy that there was no mad or sappy/cheesy verbal declarations of love from anyone. That would have made it extremely difficult to not address the issue really early on in season 8 and...much and I would like a happy ending...well it comes back to that journey being important thing again.

By the way, the homage to SW, if that's what it was, was fine, IMO (I love SW).? But remember, SG-1 established a precedent for frozen ancients last season, so a cryogenic chamber for Jack isn't just copycatting the Han Solo ending.? If you want to make the comparison, Sam does actually attempt to tell Jack how she feels (back in the scene where he is zatting the crystals on the ship) and he answers exactly as Han Solo did: "I know."? Just a little less cocky about it, though.? Fuel for thought?

Yes this is true. I dunno about not cocky though. Sounded pretty cocky to me but then again he always does. Part of Jack's appeal for me, I suspect.

But Jack didn't have a moment with Daniel...forshadow?? Not really goodbye, just see ya later?
No that kind of dissapointed me really. It would have balanced out the 'ship and kept the non shippers a lot happier. But as I said I think they did a good job of keeping it subtle enough for most people not to be pissed off at it. Teamly concern and all that (yeah right!) Really Teal'c was the only one who got any kind of private moment at all. He even got a great big hug off of Jack at the end of part one. Hmm...I'm skipping over to the slash thread the see what everyone there made of that.

Have to just add that I agree with Albion on the whole resolution of the Jack-In-Stasis plot line. I shall definitely be mightlily fed up if they resolve it in Atlantis and not SG1. Yes, as I'm a complete Sci Fi nut and it has the word "Star" somewhere in the title it's pretty much a given that I'll watch Atlantis but that doesn't mean I want to be forced to watch it just to find out what happens next. Especially given that they've already said there will be very little crossover between them.

BTW, to whoever said:
Has anyone found it funny that 302 has a bald captain? Can anyone can remember Jack's suggested name for the ship when it was first launched

But William Shatner wasn't bald. unsure.gif

Edited to correct gramatical errors. Oh the shame!

This post has been edited by Majikthize: Mar 11th 2004, 6:28 PM
+Quote Post
executor04
post Mar 11th 2004, 8:41 PM
Post #126

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,888

With what SlavsyaRossiya said about some of the funny text in the show, yeah all that great.

My personal favorite dialog was
Bra'tac: You are correct, Alkesh and Gliders appraoch, many.
Bra'tac: They will be in firing range in 30 seconds
Bra'tac: More Ships approaching from the opposite direction.
Sam : Sir, Were about to get our asses..
Bra'tac : They are not Goa'uld

Enter the 302s ect, music ect, great huh?

Completely off topic, i wouldn't mind being a tok'ra tongue.gif

This post has been edited by executor04: Mar 11th 2004, 8:48 PM
+Quote Post
executor04
post Mar 11th 2004, 8:58 PM
Post #127

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,888

Oh yeah, just to confirm, I counted 22 302's, thats correct right?
+Quote Post
Ares
post Mar 11th 2004, 9:34 PM
Post #128

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 672

QUOTE (ramuund @ Mar 10 2004, 06:18 AM)
Just to add to what i said, which i got reminded of whilst readin B's post, is that; Did anyone else get a almight *thudd* in there hearts when they saw the Tau'ri coming to defend the carge ship..

"Sir, we are going toget are arsses...."
"They are not Goa'uld...."

OMG! That just gave me the over whelming sensation of joy and pride!

Exactly what I thought. It was goose-bump city at my place when he said that.

I loved the Ancient's weapon; apparently they don't need big honkin space guns to take out 30+ ships. Heck, I was glad it wasn't a gun; it would've lowered the Ancient's tech a bit(if that makes any sense).

Yay for Kinsey being fired, yay for limited shippiness, yay for great ending.

Damn good ep.

4 stars, all the way.
+Quote Post
CKatz
post Mar 12th 2004, 12:49 AM
Post #129

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,718

QUOTE (PAL @ Mar 10 2004, 08:44 PM)
Hayes said to inform Canada about the invasion. When did they tell Canada about the stargate, or anything? I know Britain, France, China, and Russia were informed, but not Canada. I'm thinking its the drop-in line to make a Canadian SG memeber in SG:Atlantis make more sense.

(from the Cheyenne Mountain web site - www.cheyennemountain.af.mil)
"CMOC is truly one of the most unique installations in the world. Apart from the fact that it is housed 2,000 feet underground, CMOC is also different from most military units because it?s a joint and bi-national military organization comprised of over 200 professional men and women from the Army, Navy, Marine, Air Force, and Canadian Forces."

Given that the Cheyenne Mountain complex is a centre for NORAD operations, it would be quite difficult to hide the Stargate operations from the Canadian contigent! I'm guessing that Canada probably knew about the Stargate right from the beginning, when it was installed at the SGC.
+Quote Post
seymour
post Mar 12th 2004, 1:46 AM
Post #130

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,394

Loved both Lost City 1 & 2.......What a difference it makes to have both RDA and Brad Wright both back at work on SG-1 (and at the same time!). Clearly, they have been the missing ingredients in the rest of Season 7 since Lost City 1 and 2 really clicked (and to think we used to get this stuff on a regular basis!). As usual RDA brought out the best in all the others and what a moment with Teal'c in LC-2, quite the most moving scene in a long time.

Loved the Princess Leia/Han Solo homage....O'Neill was in fine form not letting anyone tell him how they feel about him (with an "I know" before they could really get started) while he concentrated on more important matters such as the legacy of his Simpsons tapes.

While the introduction of Dr. Weir was an very interesting twist, she seemed somehow too small for the pivotal part she was palying...I guess I mean she had too little screen presence for me and not a good "fit", I certainly couln't imagine her negoiating the major treaties of our time. Loved her line about the US and not allowing it to take Mainfest Destiny out into space...... perfect reasoning for more oversight at the SCG.

Did anyone else think that Kinsey seemed to be in a state of panic or urgency from the beginning of LC-1? Almost as if he had to satisfy some hidden masters within a set period of time.
+Quote Post
cjp_24
post Mar 12th 2004, 3:11 AM
Post #131

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 523

QUOTE (Superfreak @ Mar 11 2004, 03:25 PM)

Hehe, I thought that too.. Very good. I wonder if that was said on the set too.
+Quote Post
Lord_Yu
post Mar 12th 2004, 3:13 AM
Post #132

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,039

Some thoughts...

It seams the only reason SG1 visited Proclaousteonas (however you spell it) was to get the power source. Somehow O'Neill knew the one on earth was depleted.

The colonel became very weak after healing Bra'tac. Ayiana, the women in Frozen(7x04) also had that problem but she was infected by a virus and Jack's brain was almost overloaded by the the knowledge of the Ancients. I guess they have to be in top shape before using their power.

The Lost City is not located on earth. But there are certainly more things in Antarctica because they didn't find that building near the 2nd gate when they fond Ayiana.

I don't know if Anubis can ascend again. I guess he can't count on the help of the Others like Orlin in Ascension(5x03) but I supose they didn't help him much the first time either.

I won't miss the boring villain speeches of Anubis but I hope we can learn where he came from.

I don't know if the ancient's language is still spoken in the Pegasus galaxy. But if some people happen to name planets by their gate addresses. That would make things easier for the Atlantis team.
+Quote Post
cjp_24
post Mar 12th 2004, 3:17 AM
Post #133

Civilian
Group Icon

Season 7, Episode 2. Homecoming.... When Anubus attacked Kelowna he lowered his ship in the atmosphere above the city. I think Anubus should of done that in The Lost City. And to make it more interesting above the whitehouse.

Yay!

Cliff
+Quote Post
Lord_Yu
post Mar 12th 2004, 3:20 AM
Post #134

Civilian
Group Icon

QUOTE (cjp_24 @ Mar 12 2004, 03:17 AM)
And to make it more interesting above the whitehouse.

Independence Day!
+Quote Post
Arcady
post Mar 12th 2004, 3:21 AM
Post #135

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (cjp_24 @ Mar 12 2004, 03:17 AM)
Season 7, Episode 2. Homecoming.... When Anubus attacked Kelowna he lowered his ship in the atmosphere above the city. I think Anubus should of done that in The Lost City. And to make it more interesting above the whitehouse.

Like this?

user posted image

biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Raxor
post Mar 12th 2004, 3:29 AM
Post #136

Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 174

so what movie series are the writers going to ripp off next season?
+Quote Post
eliminator
post Mar 12th 2004, 3:40 AM
Post #137

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 39

QUOTE (MYOB @ Mar 10 2004, 01:17 PM)
Having read most of the posts ahead of mine, I'll try to detail as many points as possible.

1. It felt rushed at the end:
-I agree, but that is probably because the graphics of the x302's and deathgliders were flying by really fast, and this probably tricked the mind of the viewer into thinking things were going by really fast. The conclusion of the battle added to this. We were expecting a long drawn-out battle when they were in-fact, looking for a massive weapon to end it as fast as possible weren't they?

2. It didn't meet all the the hype:
-I don't recall seeing all that much hype, at least yet since this episode won't appear on the Sci-fi channel here for another week and a half. Here in the states things always get hyped big-time due to the overcommericalization of things.

3. The vice-president:
-I would like to have seen his reaction to the victory. To see whether he was upset or tried to chalk it up to SG-1's reckless behavior.

4. The Prometheus's weapons systems
- episode 6x17 had Thor stating they were going to install Asgard designed shields and weapons systems. Considering the size of Prometheus I would have expected it's size to limit the number and effectiveness of those weapons systems, but I still thought they should have been enough to take out the gould ships there in the anarctic? The 302's should have something other than mere rockets right?

5. Most power stations in the united states are close to cities and towns. No way are they being destroyed in a very loud and explosive manner from bursts of repetitive energy projectiles from the sky without drawing the attention of a wide array of people. The chances of this being chalked up to mere meteor showers wouldn't fly since the projectiles were mainly in single file, not dispersed like random shots.

6. Under no circumstances would the President remain in the white house, even if he was brave. He would at least been taken down into one of the many maze-like underground structures severla miles below ground to withstand any of the attacks. Considering how Anubis knows where they were, they should realize that if Anubis shot at ships at sea from above, they could easily just fire a single shot at the white house. They'd never know what hit them. The secret service would have removed him by force if they have to.

7. Jack made them go all that way out there to find a replacement power supply for the earth outpost? How did he know the one there at the outpost would be unused, how did he know the one there on earth was used up?

8. How is this going to affect the ongoing plotline that was put forth by 'Inauguration' and part-1? Is the vice-president fired? Clearly after what had happened he would no longer be vice president? In this case what would those private investors/donors going to do now that they know they're inside man is out? Worse, a vice-president doesn't resign or get fired without major, MAJOR public news and coverage? Kinsey will be humiliated and unable to run for public office again, except for perhaps the WH itself.

9. Anubis was in order for the better part of a day or more. At least that much by my counting. He did afterall wait for our response, plus start attacking naval vessels, so where were the Asgard? Did they remove their detection systems from Earth's proximity? They were there as of 6x11, which was how they knew how to track Prometheus?

10. The Ancient weapon system did indeed look a bit like the Matrix sentinels. Of course they could also be thought of as looking like those little orange creatures that followed Pac-Man around in the old Pac Man video game???

11. What happened to the transport system that Osirus used? Anubis should have been able to beam up anyone he chose right? He should have been able to transport a heck of a lot more super soldiers than those he did send down. Was it six??
He could also have beamed up SG-1 and put an end to the risks they might find and use something?

12. The episode name: Why call it the lost city if they don't actually find the lost city or discover it's whereabouts?

13. I thought Ronan's behavior was also suspicious from the start, and I got the impression that both Bratc and T' thought so too. They did look at each other with that strange impression on their face, Hmmmmmm?
I was half expecting Bratac to catch Ronan the moment he tried to pull something. Considering how cut throat the life of a Jafa in the service of a gould is, I'd of thought these people would be masters of recognizing deception and back-stab tactics?

Overall it was a great episode. I am to much of a fan of the series to let a few discrepencies get in my way of enjoying the episode.
I agree that the way the episode set itself up, and the season's ongoing conclusion lend itself to good drama.

I'd give it 9 out of 10 stars.
It's not my favorite episode, but it was good enough to come close.

My favorite is and always will be the season 3 finale, 3x22, the first appearance of the replicators and the subsequent followup in season 4, 4x01.

MYOB'

For No. 4 the reason whythe prometheus doesn't have enough power to take down a whole ship on it's own is because the weapons from the asgard may not have been thestrongest they could have given us, we wereonly just getting into space, and Anubis might have created his increased shielding for all of his ships, he did have the time and effort to do it.

No.5 I think they will have announce to the whole world what has been hidden for so long, but eventually had to come out because it was too big to keep secret if we were attacked a lot in the process.

no.9 The Asgard probably had their own problems to deal with (possibly the new threat The Wraith) and needed to bide time to gather enough ships to deal with the protected planet treaty properly, and now Anubis is gone they may have an easier time doing that due to the fact that Anubis was the only one with that amount of power to blow up an asgard ship that wasn't expecting a fight.

No.11 Sg1 probably have a portable anti transport device that stops them from using the technology within a certain area. Remember Chimera?
+Quote Post
Lord_Yu
post Mar 12th 2004, 4:25 AM
Post #138

Civilian
Group Icon

When are they going to kill Bra'tac? In Threshold(5x02) it looked like he reached the end of his life. But they gived him Tretonin and now Jack save him again.
+Quote Post
Narim
post Mar 12th 2004, 4:27 AM
Post #139

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,896

AWESOME episode, no doubt about it!
My fav quote:
DJ: Sphere - planet, label - name.
JO: Following you - still not!

The Prometheus took quite a beating - and consider that it was in the atmosphere where the sheilds are less powerfull (at least that was the case with Anubis's ex mothership). Though "little" ship.
Like it was said here... I can't wait to see the other's goa'uld reactions. As they have enough problems already (I think the Tok'ra will release the bio weapon and wipe most of them out). Speaking about the Tok'ra... I bet they fill pretty silly waging this war against the goa'uld for so long and in the end playing a relative small role in their defeat. I really don't think that is much left of the goa'uld after Anubis's attacks. I hope that season 8 will be more into scientific discoveries and I want to see MORE asgard! I've had it with "the asgard are not responding". Come on, we saved them from the replicators, the goa'uld are no longer a major thread for the protected planets treaty... what can they possibly be doing?
Oh... and one more thing - I really hope that we'll see some tollan survivors - and one of them Narim. smile.gif

Can't wait for season 8 and Atlantis!

This post has been edited by Narim: Mar 12th 2004, 4:29 AM
+Quote Post
cjp_24
post Mar 12th 2004, 4:58 AM
Post #140

Civilian
Group Icon

QUOTE (Lord_Yu @ Mar 12 2004, 04:25 AM)
When are they going to kill Bra'tac? In Threshold(5x02) it looked like he reached the end of his life. But they gived him Tretonin and now Jack save him again.

Spoke to Tony Amendola last weekend at the London and Comin Con. He told me that he believes he is going to be around in season 8 and would like to be Atlantis too. That guy is a genius.. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Lord_Yu
post Mar 12th 2004, 5:18 AM
Post #141

Civilian
Group Icon

On each gate, there's an unique symbol used to represent the point of origin. O'Neill reconized the earth symbol but he can't possibly know all of them.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Mar 12th 2004, 6:27 AM
Post #142

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE (Lord_Yu @ Mar 12 2004, 11:18 AM)
On each gate, there's an unique symbol used to represent the point of origin. O'Neill reconized the earth symbol but he can't possibly know all of them.

If he has the whole knowledge of the Ancients in his mind at the moment then he will know them all. Its like he (or Daniel said) 'All the information is there, he just has to make sense of it'. Not the actual quote, but along those lines.
+Quote Post
Count
post Mar 12th 2004, 7:46 AM
Post #143

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,191

well i for one wanna see something happen around the furlings, perhaps the ancients technology being activated made some furlings think the ancients were alive, come out of the hidyholes they're in, and investigate, at the same time, restoring jack to normal.

also, the Asgard said in the episode when they were upgrading the shields and hyperdrive, they didnt say anything about weapons. And the half-bald man said that they were out of ammunition about halfway to anubis ship. Plus the Promethus was only firing anti-air canon shells into the fray, no asgard tech.
+Quote Post
three fries shortofa happymeal
post Mar 12th 2004, 3:23 PM
Post #144

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,111

i loved this episode from start to finish,

ive just watched it again and i realised that daniel had a p90 (or whatever gun they use)which is really cool coz i think he looks quite funny with one, but also hunky at the same time lol

i didnt notice the first time coz i was too engrossed in everythin else!
+Quote Post

17 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 20th 2014 - 8:02 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.