Rating  3
ussshorty
post Jun 10th 2004, 12:40 PM
Post #121

Major General
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 215

Yay Agent Barrett. I think Barrett is great and the scenes with him and Sam are great.

The girl who played Anna was amazing. Im sure she will be very big as from what ive seen she has this unique look and style about her.

But Michael Shanks did a great script job and Amanda Tapping was great as a director.

On the extra's of the dvd with this episode on, it has a behind the scene's look and the cast and crew bough Amanda a cap which has Obey me wrote on the front. cool.gif
I thought it was pretty cool.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
CitizenK
post Jun 17th 2004, 7:58 AM
Post #122

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,783

This is one of the few episodes of season 7 that I actually thought was pretty decent inspite of the fact that it borrowed heavily from both Silence of the Lambs and X-Files. The resemblence was hard to ignore.

While I sorely missed seeing Colonel O'Neill, I think that Carter, Daniel and Teal'c (alone with Agent Barrett) did a terrific job without him. However, I do feel that the script written by Michael Shanks lacked creativity. Really, we have seen this story before. I think the problem is that it needed a better villan. While I like Brad Greenquist as Doctor Keffler, he was still nothing more than your stereotypical neo-fascist mad scientist. That character flaw, I blame on MS's script. Do we really need to see yet another neo-nazi scientist ?

I've read everyone else's comments and the one that stuck out was the one that lamented the fact that America seemed to think of Germans as nothing more than nazis. This isn't true. We don't think that.

The problem is the media. It has run out of villans for the US to fight. As I see it, once the cold war ended We (America) lost our one viable enemy, the Soviet Union. Once they, more or less, became our allies, then they ceased being the evil empire and we really couldn't use them as the bad guy in movies or television anymore. Who does that leave ? To put it bluntly, the nazis are the last real personification of evil. Not the Germans mind you, but the nazis. I make the distinction.

In some ways, Stargate is up against the same problem. By killing off all the truly interesting system lords, its left itself with no worthwhile enemy. And what's the use of being a hero if you don't have an interesting villan ?

This is one of the problems I see with the NID. The show really shouldn't have killed Simmons. When Maybourne went over to the good guys, that left a void in the NID. I think that it was nicely filled by Colonel Simmons. His character could really give O'Neill some grief, much in the same way Maybourne did. But, they killed him off and once that happened, the NID ceased to be interesting too. My own personal opinion is that the NID got castrated in season 7. It's lost its cajones. pardon my language.

Which brings me back to Resurrection. Okay, we have a covert NID lab cloning goa'ulds. That has alot of potential. Points to MS. but, some how without Simmons or even Kinsey running the program, it doesn't seem to have as much oomph as it could. points lost to MS.

still, on the whole, I thought the episode was amoungst the better ones of season 7. AT did a credible job directing. scary, but in seven years, the show could only hire ONE female director ! that's pretty sad.

okay... my two cents

+Quote Post
Sam's Sister
post Jul 17th 2004, 8:01 PM
Post #123

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,532

Regarding the kiss photo and the directing:

At a convention I attended in March, AT and MS were asked about the kiss and AT said that they were goofing around on the set and that the promo photographer was just shooting random stills. She indicated that the photo ended up in the promos because the photographer didn't which scenes were part of the show and which were not. Then they were asked if they would demonstrate the kiss, and they obliged, not once, but twice (so everyone could catch it on camera), then they stopped, MS saying "That's enough...we are both married...to different people."

The Kiss

As for the directing, at the recent Burbank convention, MS was asked how that went -- if there was any tension having AT direct his story. He said that there was none because he simply wrote it and turned it over to AT...he trusted her directing ability. She had asked him if he wanted to go over things with her and he said no, she should just go for it.

+Quote Post
Jedidude
post Jul 22nd 2004, 8:31 PM
Post #124

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,985

I thought this was an excellent episode, probably one of my favorites so far. You got to see a different story line that you usually don't see. Usually the other episodes about meating other aliens on different planets, and killing the Gua'uld. But you got to see a Gua'uld hybrid that was actually created to get knowledge from the Gua'uld. Very nice. cool2.gif
+Quote Post
Asgardian
post Dec 12th 2005, 5:14 AM
Post #125

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,613

I really did not like this episode. It was to boring. Nothing really happened that really excited me except for the bomb scenes. So far after watching 5 episodes of season 7, my least favorite season by far. sad.gif
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Dec 12th 2005, 10:57 AM
Post #126

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(Asgardian @ Dec 12th 2005, 10:14 AM)
I really did not like this episode.  It was to boring.  Nothing really happened that really excited me except for the bomb scenes.  So far after watching 5 episodes of season 7, my least favorite season by far. sad.gif

Which episode have you been watching? Have you seen 'Fallen', 'Homecoming', 'Evolution' parts 1 & 2, 'Heros' parts 1 & 2 and 'The Lost City' parts 1 & 2? They the 8 best episodes in the whole season.
+Quote Post
Asgardian
post Dec 12th 2005, 3:11 PM
Post #127

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Well I own this season but becuase I haven't watched the 5th or 6th season, I have only watched episodes that have nothing to do with the main story. I have heard that the best episode of any stargate season is in this one but I'm not sure which one.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Dec 12th 2005, 4:12 PM
Post #128

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

I suggest you get seasons 5 and 6 as soon as possible. If you havent seen those seasons, you are missing a lot of good episodes.
+Quote Post
Asgardian
post Dec 12th 2005, 5:23 PM
Post #129

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

I should be getting them this week, if my friend can remembers to grab them whistling.gif
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Dec 12th 2005, 6:50 PM
Post #130

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(Asgardian @ Dec 12th 2005, 10:23 PM)
I should be getting them this week, if my friend can remembers to grab them whistling.gif

Yeah generally speaking the individual ones are the worst of the season, that usually happens. And so far i think youve watched the bad ones. I reccomend you just watch seasons 5+6 and then watch 7, there are some good episodes there i recomend you see them. If you were to pick out the individual of individual ones from season 3 or 4 youd find it wouldnt be as good. It just depends what ones you watch, ill agree that this episode isnt the best. There are alot better out there.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 19th 2014 - 2:18 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.