Rating  4
Kero
post Dec 3rd 2003, 7:01 AM
Post #73

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,424

I thought this episode was good too. (I should learn to be pickier, i suppose.) I liked the new people, and the x303, and everything. Good good.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mike
post Feb 1st 2004, 1:54 AM
Post #74

I Piss Excellence
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 957

QUOTE (Alexh2345 @ Mar 11 2003, 01:16 AM)
That episode wasn't so great......

Just like the quality of your posts.

+Quote Post
Sam&Jack4eva
post Feb 29th 2004, 4:23 PM
Post #75

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,461

Personally I think the X303 and it's crew are like the enterprise...but boring.

Inside it looks like the enterprise, the unifoprm looks like the enterprise! If someone painted the enterprise beige, Braga starting writing some really uneventful episodes (not just rehashes of next gen scripts, just really boring ones) and Scott bakula started talking in a very slooooow and booooring voice, it would, it WOULD be the promethius.

This was a boring episode, like much of this season. The most amusing moment was Teal'c smiling in the background.

+Quote Post
Dr Sam
post May 15th 2004, 3:09 AM
Post #76

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,804

QUOTE (Chirp @ Feb 8 2003, 07:34 PM)
By the way does anyone now when Sam and Jack put there little love bracelets on? I noticed them in Paradice Lost, but they had them on before then. Where is the story behind the bracelets?

Don't know if we're talking about the same thing but I read an interview with Amanda Tapping somewhere (might have been official MGM SG-1 site) and she says they went to visit some troops in Iraq and one regiment has these bracelets that they all wear til they get back home and they gave them to the team and they wanted to keep them on too, so they sorted it out with the costume people and they said OK.
+Quote Post
Colonel
post May 17th 2004, 12:46 AM
Post #77

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,795

ok i got this question

when they were wrighting this episode why would they put this episode two before season end since they were saying at the time that it would be the last season i mean u wouldnt expect a stand alone episode at the end of a series

but other thatn that episode was great
+Quote Post
mithwriter
post May 17th 2004, 8:22 PM
Post #78

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 885

I'm not gonna talk tech, cause I don't know sh*t about it. That's for all you X303 (or whatever its called) fans out there. Instead, I'm going to say a bit about the story....

...which was, as Earth was once called in Douglas Adams's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.....mostly harmless....and toothless. Once they jumped through the tech-mumbo jumbo plot hoops about how to get the ship stranded, there really wasn't much of a story, unless the whole point of it was to simply do a comparitive tale to how Earth's gate was re-discovered after being buried.

I don't think it was a coincidence that many of the shots that were used during the gate's raising from the ground looked very much like ones from the original movie. (ropes, the sun, the gate being raised, lots o' bodies pulling on ropes, ect)

The obstacles that blocked our heros from completing their tasks were a bit too heavy on the idealogical/philosophical bent. I would've liked to see somebody actually take a shot at someone else and raise the stakes a bit like what was done in Red Sky, when the rocket was actually sabatoged (blown up) and SG people were actually killed. That too was over ideological differences, but it had a bit more ooomph behind it, if you know what I mean.

+Quote Post
Mac.Fan
post Jul 21st 2004, 6:52 AM
Post #79

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,500

QUOTE (Joans Quin @ Jan 20 2003, 08:27 PM)
all the X-303 epsoides have been good so I will agree, but can't sg1 just use the sensors on the ship to find out were the stargate is, they did that to find the stargate that was in antartica.. <!#emo&:D#>user posted image<!#endemo#> <!#emo&:D#>user posted image<!#endemo#>

they use the X303 to find the second stargate. The second gate was accidently found in season one "Solitude. It is the episdoe where Daniel and Teal'c ended up back at the SGC, Jack and Sam ended up at antartica. It was Daniel who work it out in the end and they found them in time.
+Quote Post
Magnavox
post Jan 17th 2005, 6:36 AM
Post #80

Posts with an accent...
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 3,724

I don't know why but I found this episode intriguing. Maybe it's something to do with the fact that these people have only 3 hundred or so years of recorded history yet they seem to have developed technology wise in leaps and bounds to the point of being close to or even slightly above earth's level of tech. You'd think for a society to acheive such advancement they'd be a tight-knit and somewhat open-minded bunch, they didn't really seem that way did they?
+Quote Post
Heru-ER
post Jun 12th 2005, 1:09 PM
Post #81

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,089

Very good episode, great civilization love the city but the globe weapons where i dont know bad design

Another planet Of Horus
+Quote Post
stargate_addict
post Aug 20th 2005, 12:53 AM
Post #82

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,195

I loved the visual shot as the stargate was rising and the sun was being sheilded by the stargate. I like these type of episodes and finnaly a planet with cars 1.gif
+Quote Post
starryeyes
post Oct 10th 2005, 6:41 AM
Post #83

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,982

I found some aspects of this episode interesting but on a whole it was boring. The inhabitants of this planet were interesting but why is there always one that they make out to be less enlightened. I wanted to slap him against the side of his head for his backward views. Liked the leader and it's always nice to see Robert Foxworth.
Liked the power struggle between the two colonels.

+Quote Post
Spineshank
post Oct 11th 2005, 1:23 PM
Post #84

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,951

QUOTE(starryeyes @ Oct 10th 2005, 7:41 AM)
I found some aspects of this episode interesting but on a whole it was boring. The inhabitants of this planet were interesting but why is there always one that they make out to be less enlightened. I wanted to slap him against the side of his head for his backward views. Liked the leader and it's always nice to see Robert Foxworth.
Liked the power struggle between the two colonels.

I agree, it always seems that the SG team can easily escape but there is always one guy who wants to make it rough for them. I guess they run out of ideas after awhile though, how many episodes they on now. Still i did like the episode, showed that most of the civilization there wanted to help find out about their history when in fact one guy didn't and wanted control. I love the X303 i wish i had one.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 2nd 2014 - 7:27 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.