Rating  4
blackbelt83
post Jan 24th 2006, 1:41 PM
Post #73

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,345

I think that ms is a good actor to be abel to play some one totaly insane like that and also in

» Click for Spoiler «
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jan 24th 2006, 1:56 PM
Post #74

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(blackbelt83 @ Jan 24th 2006, 6:41 PM) *
I think that ms is a good actor to be abel to play some one totaly insane like that and also in
» Click for Spoiler «

» Click for Spoiler «

This post has been edited by Dafmeister: Jan 24th 2006, 1:57 PM
+Quote Post
xayeidemon
post Jan 24th 2006, 3:05 PM
Post #75

Always a cousin, never a boochi!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,544

» Click for Spoiler «
+Quote Post
Janos
post Jan 24th 2006, 4:38 PM
Post #76

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,403

Well, I don't think he meant literally crawling back, as in begging for his job back... but after that rough spanking in the movie industry, he realized where he really belonged.

» Click for Spoiler «
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jan 24th 2006, 6:38 PM
Post #77

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(xayeidemon @ Jan 24th 2006, 8:05 PM) *

» Click for Spoiler «

That may be so but I doubt they had to twist his arm or pull out all the stops to convince him to return to the show and I doubt that Shanks kept them waiting for his decision whether or not to return.
+Quote Post
xayeidemon
post Jan 24th 2006, 6:50 PM
Post #78

Always a cousin, never a boochi!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,544

Why should he if the money's good? Besides, it's not like he left Stargate and MGM on bad terms. Sure, he didn't appreciate Daniel being wallpapered, but he left the door open for his possible (and eventual) return. There was no bad blood to speak of. It was the fans who blew the whole thing out of proportion.
+Quote Post
god of war
post Feb 22nd 2006, 2:32 PM
Post #79

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,149

ph34r.gif verry good episoed and shows that michel shanks can act
and go realy insane and then act like a geek so easly
+Quote Post
Apis
post Feb 26th 2006, 6:24 PM
Post #80

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,116

lol, I know I'm supposed to read through all of this before I post but it's not happening this time ;) .

Anyways, remember when Carter first speculated that Pyrus wasn't a Goa'uld? Well she also hinted that the Jaffa in this episode weren't actually Jaffa either, but I don't believe that it was confirmed. I'm just curious, were the Jaffa in this episode actually humans just posing as Jaffa or were they actually Jaffa?

QUOTE(Carter @ "Need")
Colonel. He isn't a Goa'uld. I don't think these are real Jaffa either.

I always thought that Carter simply meant that the Jaffa weren't "real" in that they were not in service of a Goa'uld. However, I'm starting to think that maybe they're just humans.

Opinions?

This post has been edited by Apis: Feb 26th 2006, 6:26 PM
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Feb 26th 2006, 6:37 PM
Post #81

General
Group Icon

The "Jaffa" were just Humans posing as Jaffa to fool anyone, who was loyal to the Goa'uld, that could show up. True Jaffa would never follow a Human ruler.
+Quote Post
Janos
post Feb 26th 2006, 6:39 PM
Post #82

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,403

QUOTE(Apis @ Feb 26th 2006, 4:24 PM) *

However, I'm starting to think that maybe they're just humans.

Opinions?

That makes sense... I mean, after a few years, there'd be a bunch of new Goa'ulds on the planet. huh.gif

The logic escapes me, the whole planet knows (if I remember correctly) that the reason they still mine Naquadah is so the Goa'uld don't come back. They just have to make the people on the other side of the Stargate believe the Goa'uld are still around... It doesn't make a lot of sense to pretend they're still around on this side of the gate. Maybe it has to do with the whole power trip thing. The old guy was drunk on power - or some older generation was and they started the tradition - and wanted to make believe they had the power of the Goa'ulds (ordering people that look like Jaffa around) to go with their delusions.
+Quote Post
Apis
post Feb 26th 2006, 7:40 PM
Post #83

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,116

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Feb 26th 2006, 4:37 PM) *

The "Jaffa" were just Humans posing as Jaffa to fool anyone, who was loyal to the Goa'uld, that could show up. True Jaffa would never follow a Human ruler.

I thought about that too, but humans posing as Jaffa wouldn't really trick any Goa'uld because the Goa'uld would sense the lack of symbiotes immediately upon arrival (I'm only mentioning this because this was an episode where they were strongly emphasizing the Goa'uld's ability to detect other Goa'uld).

I do agree, however, with the arguement that Jaffa would never follow a human leader as well as Janos' point about new Goa'uld springing up after a couple of years.

+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Feb 27th 2006, 4:45 PM
Post #84

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

This is a good episode for many reasons. First being that MS is given a chance to really show his range of acting. I might add that his hairstyle added to his craziness, LOL! RDA did a superb acting job as well. I have said it before and will again, RDA does more with his facial expressions, eyes, everything without having to say a word.

I guess they had to show that the sarcophagus can heal for future episodes coming. I think they had to show that it was evil or else it would be something that SG1 could use over and over again. If they had one, there would be no point to Janet.

As far as the comments by Jack about the addiction, I always felt that he had been addicted to painkillers after being a POW. At the same time, Jack may have fooled around with drugs when he was young. I think he makes that statement at some time.

This was the first of many to come episodes where Daniel gets a woman, LOL! Skaara or no Skaara, they want Daniel. wink.gif

Oh and the actor playing the father, Season 8, Homecoming,
» Click for Spoiler «
SG and Atlantis do this a lot and it truly doesn't bother me.
+Quote Post
I'm a janitor at the SGC 7150
post Mar 1st 2006, 4:10 AM
Post #85

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,279

im sorry i just dont like these types of episodes when people get hooked on drugs and sarcathacagises.....i mean this was as bad as season 4 episode "The Light" i hate that episode....stupid!!!!!!....why didnt the hammond send a rescue team after sg-1...i must have missed somthing....iv only seen this episode twice, first when it came out and second time recently....hated it than hate it now...sorry
+Quote Post
blackbelt83
post Mar 6th 2006, 1:01 AM
Post #86

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,345

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Jan 24th 2006, 1:56 PM) *

» Click for Spoiler «

I dint even know he made a movie what was it called I never heard anything but if it did flop that would be a good reason to go back to stargate. whetere he was invited back or not.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Mar 6th 2006, 5:04 AM
Post #87

General
Group Icon

It is called Sumuru.
» Click for Spoiler «
+Quote Post
Day'mar of Haukshell
post May 5th 2006, 11:41 AM
Post #88

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,212

Daniel you whore! I didn't really like this one. It was more about a winey little princes then SG-1. I have heard that if your in a different state then it is not cheating, so since Daniel was a couple light years away he was not cheating in his eyes.
+Quote Post
SG1 Fans Rule
post May 29th 2006, 7:10 AM
Post #89

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,810

QUOTE(Apis @ Jul 22nd 2003, 9:18 PM) *

Yes I agree, like in the episode "Legacy" Michael Shanks really demonstrates his incredible talent as an actor. The only problem that I had in this episode was the part where Daniel was beating up on colonel O'Neill in the storage room. You'd think that O'Neill's special forces training would at least make him a match for a geeky nerd who probably never lifted a weight in his entire life (this statement is intended to describe the character of Daniel not the physical condition of the actor; so all you michael shanks admirers don't jump all over me with insults).

yeah but if one of your friends went phyco on ya your gonna tryin restrain him not beat him to a pulk
+Quote Post
Andorian15
post May 29th 2006, 12:03 PM
Post #90

:)
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,943

Yes but wouldn't the sarcophagus give him some sort of edge. I know it's doesn't immidiately turn you into some strong guy but it would probably give him a lot of energy and stamina.
+Quote Post
GhozT
post Feb 9th 2007, 3:45 PM
Post #91

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,208

Well, i don't know about you people but i could not put this episode in the list of my "best" episodes. I thought Daniel was acting like a right geek in this episode and i was quite dissapointed. and i also don't know how he could be able to push Teal'c that far away from him. No offence to Daniel or anything but i didnt think he was the strong type 1.gif. Also that woman was so annoying too and i think sam was right about her using Daniel so she can get him addicted with the sarcophogas effects and i really wish Daniel would have pushed her off the edge of that cliff instead of preventing her from jumping biggrin.gif.
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Feb 9th 2007, 4:02 PM
Post #92

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,565

QUOTE(GhozT @ Feb 9th 2007, 4:45 PM) *

Well, i don't know about you people but i could not put this episode in the list of my "best" episodes. I thought Daniel was acting like a right geek in this episode and i was quite dissapointed. and i also don't know how he could be able to push Teal'c that far away from him. No offence to Daniel or anything but i didnt think he was the strong type 1.gif. Also that woman was so annoying too and i think sam was right about her using Daniel so she can get him addicted with the sarcophogas effects and i really wish Daniel would have pushed her off the edge of that cliff instead of preventing her from jumping biggrin.gif.

Obviously you have never seen anyone on drugs gone postal. They have incredible strength and a 90lb woman can hold off 5 men. I have seen it. I have seen a 70 year old woman who's brain was deteriorating fight against 6 people...and win. So yes Daniel under the effects of that sarcophagus may well have been able to push Teal'c away like that.

I thought MS acting was very good in this episode. Escpecially the scene in the supply room between Jack and Daniel. Them both embraced in a caring loving embrace. Rocking back and forth....back and forth...Jack stroking Daniels hair ever so lovingly. Yes, indeed! A wonderful bit of acting. rolleyes.gif smile.gif
+Quote Post
KillerDanny
post Feb 23rd 2007, 11:50 AM
Post #93

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,133

This Daniel-centered episode was indeed great, although I could be saying that because Daniel is my favorite character, but seeing him turn to evil just a little bit was so interesting.

I think it was a pretty interesting plot thing to make the sarcophagus not seem so perfect anymore. It had to have some side effects. Otherwise, whenever we would have gotten our hands on one, it could have made our side seem invicinble.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 25th 2014 - 7:09 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.