Rating  4
wonderland
post Dec 20th 2004, 7:32 PM
Post #49

Major General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,411

QUOTE (Kaileron @ Dec 20th 2004, 4:54 PM)
I gave it 6. It is interesting to see the baby born but also the fact that Sha're did not betray them... I simply dont understand why when moments ago she tried to like kill them.
And in another episode where she snuffs it after getting shot by Teal'c, didnt she try to kill Daniel?

It wasn't Sha're who was trying to kill Daniel in "Forever in a Day", it was her snake, Amonet. Sha're, and maybe Amonet, was trying to communicate to Daniel that he had to save the child.
In that scene at the gate, I took it that was Sha're in control and she allows herself to be taken by Apophis to save Daniel and the child, but that's just my opinion.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kaileron
post Dec 21st 2004, 8:44 AM
Post #50

Major General
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,284

QUOTE (wonderland @ Dec 21st 2004, 2:32 AM)
QUOTE (Kaileron @ Dec 20th 2004, 4:54 PM)
I gave it 6. It is interesting to see the baby born but also the fact that Sha're did not betray them... I simply dont understand why when moments ago she tried to like kill them.
And in another episode where she snuffs it after getting shot by Teal'c, didnt she try to kill Daniel?

It wasn't Sha're who was trying to kill Daniel in "Forever in a Day", it was her snake, Amonet. Sha're, and maybe Amonet, was trying to communicate to Daniel that he had to save the child.

I stand corrected. It's just always so confusing with the hosts and names wink.gif
+Quote Post
wonderland
post Dec 21st 2004, 9:05 AM
Post #51

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kaileron @ Dec 21st 2004, 8:44 AM)
I stand corrected. It's just always so confusing with the hosts and names wink.gif

I had to watch "Forever in a Day" several times before I really understood what was going on. There are so many little subtle things you don't get the first time, or at least I didn't.
+Quote Post
BrandonTheGreat
post Jan 13th 2005, 5:12 PM
Post #52

Unregistered

Gotta like the realism of this episode, you know secrets, you get killed. Hence, it is called secrets.
+Quote Post
cvvrede
post Feb 9th 2005, 12:13 PM
Post #53

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,767

QUOTE(wonderland @ Dec 21st 2004, 3:05 PM)
I had to watch "Forever in a Day" several times before I really understood what was going on. There are so many little subtle things you don't get the first time, or at least I didn't.

I agree, I too had to watch it twice before I got what was going on.

What I didn't really get from this episode though, was why when Sha're was in control for a moment(she didn't rat out Daniel) she didn't flee. Did she think she couldn't make it or did she think that if she'd run Daniel and co. would be found?
+Quote Post
ClampenShaften
post Feb 26th 2005, 11:33 AM
Post #54

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,227

QUOTE(cvvrede @ Feb 9th 2005, 5:13 PM)
I agree, I too had to watch it twice before I got what was going on.

What I didn't really get from this episode though, was why when Sha're was in control for a moment(she didn't rat out Daniel) she didn't flee. Did she think she couldn't make it or did she think that if she'd run Daniel and co. would be found?

i agree she is a goa'uld after all, scum of the unverse. i dont understand that either, maybe because sha're still had some influence over amunnette due to the birth minutes before.
+Quote Post
MasterBetty
post Sep 17th 2005, 8:51 AM
Post #55

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,132

best part was where oneil throws his knife in to snake boys hand. one thing i dont get is that his sheild was failing so he ringied himself out but there was enough tim eto kill him so why didnt Oneill do it
+Quote Post
starryeyes
post Nov 4th 2005, 2:41 PM
Post #56

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,982

QUOTE(MasterBetty @ Sep 17th 2005, 9:51 AM)
best part was where oneil throws his knife in to snake boys hand. one thing i dont get is that his sheild was failing so he ringied himself out but there was enough tim eto kill him so why didnt Oneill do it

I think we've seen before where objects with less velocity can get by the shields like arrows and knives. O'Neill probably only had his gun left and the shield protects against that.

Great episode BTW. I'm also surprised that Amonet didn't give away SG1's position at the end. As others have said, Sha're must have been in partial control.
I wonder who was behind the murder, err accident of the reporter? I sure got the impression that O'Neill felt Hammond was in some small way responsible.

This post has been edited by starryeyes: Nov 4th 2005, 2:42 PM
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Nov 5th 2005, 8:33 PM
Post #57

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,565

I doubt it. Gen. Hammond is not that kind of man. O'Neill knows that it was the shadow government that killed the reporter and when Gen. Hammond said what he said O'Neill shows his disgust for what happened.
+Quote Post
starryeyes
post Nov 5th 2005, 10:53 PM
Post #58

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Nov 5th 2005, 9:33 PM)
I doubt it. Gen. Hammond is not that kind of man. O'Neill knows that it was the shadow government that killed the reporter and when Gen. Hammond said what he said O'Neill shows his disgust for what happened.

Okay, then I must have misinterpreted it. I'll have to watch that part of the episode again.
+Quote Post
xayeidemon
post Nov 5th 2005, 11:02 PM
Post #59

Always a cousin, never a boochi!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,544

I think it was the NID. They're the only group that has knowledge of the stargate that I could see actually going through with an assassination plot.
+Quote Post
starryeyes
post Nov 5th 2005, 11:09 PM
Post #60

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Nov 5th 2005, 9:33 PM)

Let me clarify this. I think when Gen. Hammond found out that O'Neill was approached, he might have called someone about it not realizing of course the consequences. I got the feeling that O'Neill thought this as well. I might be wrong though so I'm going to watch this episode again.
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Nov 7th 2005, 9:51 AM
Post #61

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,565

I agree with Xay. Starry of course Gen. Hammond called his superiors about a possible leak in the most guarded military facility in the USA. His bosses probably told the NID and they took care of business.
+Quote Post
Sighfienerd
post May 15th 2007, 8:20 PM
Post #62

Beyond here there be dragons
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,150

QUOTE(starryeyes @ Nov 4th 2005, 3:41 PM) *

Great episode BTW. I'm also surprised that Amonet didn't give away SG1's position at the end. As others have said, Sha're must have been in partial control.

I wonder who was behind the murder, err accident of the reporter? I sure got the impression that O'Neill felt Hammond was in some small way responsible.

Sorry to bump this, but.....

This is the first time I've seen this episode. huh.gif annnnd....these are the two thing that stood out. I don't think Sha're was in control. I think it was definitely Amonet showing gratitude or payment of a debt if you will, for Daniel having helped her so lovingly through childbirth even though he was aware of the bitter circumstances surrounding the fatherhood and the purpose of the child's birth. I don't think that kindness during such a vulnerable time is something a woman forgets so easily.

Also, I was SURPRISED that the writers cast even a shadow of a doubt around Hammond's pristine character regarding the murder of the reporter. That would be so UNHammondlike, yet.... hmmmmm.
+Quote Post
wonderland
post May 15th 2007, 8:47 PM
Post #63

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sighfienerd @ May 15th 2007, 9:20 PM) *

Sorry to bump this, but.....

This is the first time I've seen this episode. huh.gif annnnd....these are the two thing that stood out. I don't think Sha're was in control. I think it was definitely Amonet showing gratitude or payment of a debt if you will, for Daniel having helped her so lovingly through childbirth even though he was aware of the bitter circumstances surrounding the fatherhood and the purpose of the child's birth. I don't think that kindness during such a vulnerable time is something a woman forgets so easily.

Also, I was SURPRISED that the writers cast even a shadow of a doubt around Hammond's pristine character regarding the murder of the reporter. That would be so UNHammondlike, yet.... hmmmmm.

I can't believe you've never seen this episode!
It could have been Amonet there at the gate. Having just given birth, her priorities could have shifted to the point that this child was now the single most important thing in her life. Given what Apophis has planned for the child and the protection she thought Daniel could offer, she might have decided letting Daniel live might prove beneficial to the child in the long run.
And that storyline with the reporter was one that should have been pursued at a later date.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post May 16th 2007, 4:39 AM
Post #64

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(Sighfienerd @ May 15th 2007, 8:20 PM) *

QUOTE(wonderland @ May 15th 2007, 8:47 PM) *

And that storyline with the reporter was one that should have been pursued at a later date.

I didn't get the impression that Hammond had anything to do with it. What came across is that someone higher up might have had something to do with it, and Hammond was told to let it go. Be the good soldier, bite your tongue, etc. Which is what he more or less implied to Jack by trying to get him to believe it was an accident. Wonder, I agree, it should have been pursued at a later date.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 27th 2014 - 10:19 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.