Rating  3
SGCforever
post May 15th 2006, 7:53 AM
Post #49

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,990

This was a pretty cool episode. Definitely a good end to this two parter. Now I don't want to give too much away, not even in a spoiler tag. I wasn't too sure what to think of Jonas Quinn, but now after watching a few episodes with him in it, I'm starting to warm up to him. I'm not sure if he's a complete replacement of Daniel Jackson, seeing as how he hasn't even joined SG-1 yet. Overall though, I think he'll be just fine. As for this episode, if you watched the first part, well, you can't miss out on the ending. It's pretty cool. ;)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lord Nut
post May 27th 2006, 2:23 AM
Post #50

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,823

Someone remind me - what happened to the gate they found in the Antarctic? The one the NID used for a time?
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post May 27th 2006, 2:57 AM
Post #51

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

By this point, the gate was first sealed, so to never be used again... Then the original gate was beamed on Thor's ship, and the one from Antarctica returned to the SGC... The one from Thor's ship was recovered by the russians, who made it working using a DHD... A deal was made, and they shut down the operations, provided that the SGC will share technology and experience with them... Then Anubis atacked the gate at the SGC (the one from Antarctica) with the weapon, O'Neill took it and blew it off through hyperspace. So the Antarctican gate is destroyed, and the original gate back in the SGC.
+Quote Post
Chris_Johnston
post Nov 3rd 2009, 2:20 AM
Post #52

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 33,695

Okay, I'm halfway through watching the episode on Hulu, but I've just seen the scene with Jonas & Carter talking about the shaft, which made me happy for two reasons...

1) I'm now totally sold on Jonas being a suitable replacement for Daniel — the dude is just entirely too cool! His nonchalant look as Carter put the pieces together in her head, then saying, "I knew you'd think of something," had me clapping and cheering.

2) This time last year, I had been playing around with Second Life, and there was a sim that totally duplicated the SGC — the whole mountain! It had all 28 levels, and the whole layout was identical to the show! The whole gate opening sequence, all the right sound effects... it was just like being in the world of the show! (But, sadly, I think it's gone now.)
One detail that caught my eye was the shaft that ran directly above the Stargate up through to the top of the "mountain". I'd said, "Ahhhhh, that would make sense, since those doors and corridors would be wayyyy too small!" I'd kinda wondered if the guy doing the 3D modeling had added that himself.
See, at that time, I had only seen the first season and a half of SG-1 from its first run on Showtime. It's only in the last month or so that I've been getting myself caught up through Hulu. So, this episode was my confirmation about the shaft!

Here are the only good pics I could find online...
IPB Image
IPB Image

This post has been edited by Chris_Johnston: Nov 3rd 2009, 2:23 AM
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Nov 3rd 2009, 4:47 PM
Post #53

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

Chris, I agree Jonas could have been and should have been a good replacement for Daniel. Unfortunately, TPTB were trying to get MS back and so they never truly wrote correctly for Jonas. I thought they gave CM and very raw deal. I think you even saw that with RDA when he said goodbye to him at the end, "hey you earned it."
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 31st 2014 - 3:40 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.