Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate SG-1: General Discussion

This area is for general discussion of Stargate SG-1 only. SG-1 spoilers belong in the Spoilers & Speculation section. There are separate categories for Stargate Atlantis Discussion and Stargate Universe Discussion. Complete forum rules are available here.

SG-1 Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

18 Pages V « < 16 17 18  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Star Trek Ships Vs Stargate Ships, Let the battle begin
Star Trek Ships Vs Stargate Ships
Star Trek Ships Vs Stargate Ships
Star Trek (Borg Cubes, Enterprise, Warbirds, etc) <br> [ 277 ] ** [37.13%]
Stargate (Goa'uld Motherships, Asguard, etc) [ 469 ] ** [62.87%]
Total Votes: 746
Guests cannot vote 
SGater84
post Jan 7th 2007, 1:40 PM
Post #409

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 12,169

i chooce Stargate ships because they look cooler smile.gif bow.gif

all to respect to Star Trek ships though! smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pegasus Angel
post Jan 7th 2007, 3:42 PM
Post #410

Awakened...
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 11,176

QUOTE(Vill @ Jan 2nd 2007, 5:29 PM) *

Who? blink.gif 1.gif
How about pitting a borg cube against the replicators...? I reckon that wouldn't necessarily be a foregone conclusion... biggrin.gif

Hell yeah, what an amazing fight that would be, but inevitably the replicators would overcome...

I voted Stargate, I'd like to see the Scimitar (sp) take on an Ori Warship wink.gif
+Quote Post
redfirewiz
post Jan 24th 2007, 6:23 PM
Post #411

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13,113

StarTrek > StarGate

Well here -
StarTrek Ship Classes

Reman
- Scimtar Class (Advance Cloaking - 52 Disruptor cannons - 27 Torpedos Bays - And Radiation Emmiters that can destory planets - and scorpion attack fighters)

Romulans
- Valdore Class (Faster and well armed)

- Planet Killer and BioShips (Not affected by engery weponds - and can kill a bord cube in one hit)

Voth City Ship
- (Biggest ship in startrek - can prevent you from firing engery weponds - Weponds and defences are unknown)

Federation
- Wells Class (time-ship - able to travel back in time - weponds - Heavily armed - temperoal engeines - aeon fighters)

- Galaxy Refit Class (Heavy phase cannons - q torpedos - p torpedos - heavily sheilded - Possible cloaking technology)

-Soverign Class - Main battle ship for the federatoin

-Akira Class
-Defiant class
-Prometheus Class
-Steamrunner Class

-Intrepid Class
-Intrepid Class (Modified) - Transphasic Torpedos - Heavy Hull armor

Borg
-Borg Cube
-Borg Sphere
-Borg Tatical Cube

STARTREK able to timeTravel
-----------------------------------

It would be an epic battle if it ever happen O.O

Ancients > Starterk
Ori < Startrek
Asguards < Startrek
Tuari (earth) < STartrek
Jaffa < Startrek
Gould < Startrek
Torka < startrek

Stargate < Startrek

Who cares if earth has nukes they take time to set up----in startrek the reman have the radation which will desotry all life on a planet - 8472 can desotry planets with single shots - and you can't compare anything really because when you fight someone you can creat new ships and weponds to counter their stuff.

Look at what you have ----

Wells class (time ship) can just travel back in time and destory everone =O...... also they can travel into the future and see the weak points of the their enemy..

i dont think the goauld would allie them selves with Earth, or the asguards..neither would the ori...

in startrek the dominion and federation would allie, and possibaly the borg may allie... 8472 would mostliky never allie with anyone...

why compare speed O.O

and mostly STartrek has superior strats

QUOTE(god of war @ Mar 14th 2006, 12:57 PM) *

what about the fact that a glider could take out a shuttlecraft very easy
but on the other had
the defiant could do alot of damage against another ship
and what about the borg would they stat to asimalate the asgard ship and kick ass
just like the repliactors

I have an answer to the shuttle thingy ---- Delta Flyer ----- Future Janeway's Shuttle ----- Aeon Fighter
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Jan 24th 2007, 6:30 PM
Post #412

Major General
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(redfirewiz @ Jan 25th 2007, 1:23 AM) *

StarTrek > StarGate

Well here -
StarTrek Ship Classes

Reman
- Scimtar Class (Advance Cloaking - 52 Disruptor cannons - 27 Torpedos Bays - And Radiation Emmiters that can destory planets - and scorpion attack fighters)

Romulans

- Planet Killer and BioShips (Not affected by engery weponds - and can kill a bord cube in one hit)

Voth City Ship
- (Biggest ship in startrek - can prevent you from firing engery weponds - Weponds and defences are unknown)

Federation
- Wells Class (time-ship - able to travel back in time - weponds - Heavily armed - temperoal engeines - aeon fighters)

- Galaxy Refit Class (Heavy phase cannons - q torpedos - p torpedos - heavily sheilded - Possible cloaking technology)

-Akira Class
-Defiant class
-Prometheus Class
-Steamrunner Class

-Intrepid Class

Borg
-Borg Cube
-Borg Sphere
-Borg Tatical Cube

Ancients > Starterk
Ori < Startrek
Asguards < Startrek
Tuari (earth) < STartrek
Jaffa < Startrek
Gould < Startrek
Torka < startrek

Stargate < Startrek
Who cares if earth has nukes they take time to set up----in startrek the reman have the radation which will desotry all life on a planet - 8472 can desotry planets with single shots - and you can't compare anything really because when you fight someone you can creat new ships and weponds to counter their stuff.

Wells class (time ship) can just travel back in time and destory everone =O...... also they can travel into the future and see the weak points of the their enemy..

i dont think the goauld would allie them selves with Earth, or the asguards..neither would the ori...

in startrek the dominion and federation would allie, and possibaly the borg may allie... 8472 would mostliky never allie with anyone...

why compare speed O.O

I have an answer to the shuttle thingy ---- Delta Flyer ----- Future Janeway's Shuttle ----- Aeon Fighter

Ummm... interesting... you created your very own membership just to come here and post us about your Star Trek all-mighty ships, didn't you??? I'd say that certain people do have the strangest behavior possible... You seem to know the names in Stargate though (although your spelling is bad) blink.gif dry.gif

Why does Star Trek look so "wicked", on top of physics even...? Ummm, I'm not the one to say this, uncyclopedia is, so quote: "they make sh*t up". wink.gif

What are you going to do next: Post only in the Star Trek subforum in the Movies section??? whistling.gif

This post has been edited by KillerMarv: Jan 24th 2007, 6:32 PM
+Quote Post
Revan
post Jan 24th 2007, 7:01 PM
Post #413

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(Pegasus Angel @ Jan 7th 2007, 3:42 PM) *

Hell yeah, what an amazing fight that would be, but inevitably the replicators would overcome...

I voted Stargate, I'd like to see the Scimitar (sp) take on an Ori Warship wink.gif

I wonder who would win... it is unlikely an Ori Toilet-ship would ever manage to hit The Scimitar, so I believe the Reman birdy would win laugh.gif They can't even breach goa'uld cloaking tech, which is comparably weak.

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Jan 24th 2007, 6:30 PM) *

What are you going to do next: Post only in the Star Trek subforum in the Movies section??? whistling.gif

I hope... whistling.gif
+Quote Post
Halle
post Feb 5th 2007, 5:07 PM
Post #414

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,209

Hello, I'm new here, and is a big Stargate fan!

Now: We shall not forgot the funny guy named "Q", who would just snap his fingers and the entire Ori fleet would dissapear. 1.gif

What about the ID4 aliens vs startrek/stargate? Maybe there already is a thread about this?

(Forgive my english, I'm from SWE).
+Quote Post
System lord Mars
post May 21st 2008, 3:27 PM
Post #415

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 19,276

Anubis weapons ship destroyed 4 Goa'uld ships in one shot in full cirle.
In Apophis attack on Earth, Earth used warheads equiverlent of 1,000 megatons. No Star trek ship has weapons like that.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post May 22nd 2008, 12:53 AM
Post #416

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(System lord Mars @ May 21st 2008, 11:27 PM) *

Anubis weapons ship destroyed 4 Goa'uld ships in one shot in full cirle.
In Apophis attack on Earth, Earth used warheads equiverlent of 1,000 megatons. No Star trek ship has weapons like that.

Why do you think nuclear warheads are everything in terms of weapons? One must know how to use them efficiently first for they are a waste if not. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Heruure
post Jun 29th 2008, 2:16 PM
Post #417

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 19,657

eh, a Ancient ship from stargate could easily kill every Star trek ship tongue.gif, They actally got Drones!, they would penetrate every shield

-Heruure
+Quote Post
Heruure
post Jun 29th 2008, 2:47 PM
Post #418

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 19,657

Daedalus class (Stargate)

Affiliation Earth
General Characteristics
Fighters F-302s
Armaments Railguns
Nuclear ordnance
Asgard Plasma Beam Weapons
Defences Asgard Shields
Trinium Hull
Cloaking device
Propulsion Asgard Hyperdrive
Sublight Engines
Power Naqahdah Generators
Zero Point Module
Asgard power core

Star Trek

Defiant Class
EV Kestrel:
Speed: 225 AU/h Accel: 187 Turn: 900/sec Shields: 130u
Charge: 0.33u/sec Armor: 50u Guns: 6 (max) Turrets: 3 (max)
Space: 120 tons Cargo: 80 tons Fuel: 500u (5 jumps) Length: 80m
Mass: 230 tons Crew: 196 Avail: 5 / (73) Cost: 10,000,000 cr
Weapons: 1 Torpedo Launcher + 4 Torpedos
2 Missle Racks + 10 Missiles
2 Proton Turrets
1 Lightning Bay + 2 Lightnings

+Quote Post
PYX-340
post Jul 19th 2008, 4:48 PM
Post #419

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 19,869

Heh... Stargate Ships would own most Star Trek ones... because Stargate vessels have better shields and weapons + they are much faster than any Star Trek ship there is atm... Tau'ri, Asgard, Ancient ships easy travel to other galaxies in little time, Star Trek Voyager it would take 75 years to get from one part of the galaxy to another...
Even if on battlefield Star Trek would start winning all it would take for Stargate ship is to enter hyperspace and they would be unreachable for Star Trek vessels...

Lets take Replicators vs Borgs.. both assimilate tech, but Borgs are organic based, they just depend on technology... while Replicators are machines, they dont need organic systems to support them, as they are as adaptive as borgs, it wont take much time for replicators to assimilate Borg vessels, as we've seen Replicator boarding capsules can penetrate Asgard shields and take control of every system, Replicators are also resistant to any energy weaponry, and as Star Trek dont use projectile weapons Borg would have very hard time repelling Replicator attacks...

Lets compare Ancient Aurora-class and Star Fleet Enterprise E, 2 most powerful ships in the series ( but taking recent Tau'ri ship upgrades its hard to tell which ship is stronger now Tau'ri or Ancient, as we seen at battle over Asuras, Ancient warships easy get destroyed by Tau'ri ships, but that battle is too contradictionary ). But lets look at these two, Ancient vessels have strong shields and are powered by ZPM's also they are armed with Ancient drone weapons, that can penetrate some shields. Enterprise E has a lot of armaments, but as all Star Trek ships it has serious shield issue... so all Ancient ship has to do it to last hold its shields long enough for drones to reach enemy ship, from there the Star Trek ship has little chance...

Star Trek ships are more maneuverable tho... this gives advantage, but it has little effect if enemy has superior defenses and offenses.

And to statement that Star Trek can time travel.... Stargate (Ancients) also have time travel tech, but they didnt use it cuz of fear of altering history.

So to what conclusion we came:
Star Trek ships - maneuverable, well armed but weak weapons, weak shields, slow FTL drive, cloak availability, time travel (some ships)
Stargate ships - not very maneuverable, well armed and strong weapons, strong shields, faster FTL drives, cloak availability, time travel (Ancient ships only)

In conclusion Stargate ships have +16% advantage over Star Trek vessels.
+Quote Post
JinxyKatte
post Jul 27th 2008, 11:05 AM
Post #420

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,942

ok i have read the 1st page or so and am now ready to throw in my 2 pennies.

Firstly there are alot of very flawed arguments.

1 that star trek is set in the future is meaningless, 90% of races in startrek are reasonabally evenly matched its like a bloody mmorpg (note i love startrek and stargate) while yes in star gate earth has only recently been making ships but the asguard have been for thousands of years.

the o neill class ships are really powerful note the modifications the asguard made to the odyssey and how much more powerful that ship became imo i think the odyssey would be enough to take on and federation ship, at least it would be a good fight. the asguard ships esp the oneill it wouldnt even be a fight. now the ancient ships have drones which would presumabally pass through all sheilds in trek, the borg wouldnt be able to adapt to them either.
stargate has it hands down imo
+Quote Post
asdfasdf
post May 27th 2009, 7:17 AM
Post #421

Unregistered

star trek vs stargate hm ill have to go with stargate

stargate ships are hell lot of faster than federations ships. a gould mothership can cross milky way in a week or so(how the hell do u think those system lords went everywhere so fast?) while star trek ships take 70 years to travel half the galaxy. stargate can use the speed to their advantage by striking where theres poor defences destroy em and pull out before reinforcements arrive. they can also give fast reinforcmentswhere they need them because of their speed. also ill have to say that sg weapons are better than st weaps because a gould mothership can dish out a 200mt of energy at maximum and st with 129 mt with a quantum torp. saying 129 mt is extremly generous because even if its a directed hit at the sheilds only half of its energy will be directed at the sheild and other half will radiate into space. now if a quantum torp hits a gould mothership then it will only give it 64 mt or something while of everything goes ok and set at max power most of that 200 mt will be directed at that fed ship. thats lots more than 64 mt. sheilding cant say i have saw lots of gould sheilding but i can say that asguard sheilding is better than st sheilding and in the ds9 battles i hardly saw any sheilding in the second battle of bajor and chintoka. other times i saw it as a bubble and in stn e-es sheilds were right against its hull. in ground combat itll be a match the gould have armour(obviously) feds does not. st phasers have been known to desintegrate ppl and blast holes in rocks but i doubt that they can metal. the density of ppl is just higher than water. stones have light density. metal has high density. so ill say this the fed will have a hard time punching through em with phasers and goulds have staff weaps and staff cannons. anyway ill say than gould would win against star trek.

what about the tauri?
well the tauri had no ships at the start but they did in season 5 or 6 or 7. now the prometheus was still weaker than other battlecruisers of its time but the daedalus class is made for going a hatak 1 on 1. it is fitted with asguard hyperdrives and sheilds. their sheilds can take 2 hit from a ori ship(for those who dont know wats ori u should check season 9-10) before it callapses. 1 hit of those can destroy a hatak with full sheilds. so i can say that daedalus's class sheilds are 2-3 times stronger than it. now weapons daedalus class have railguns and nukes. nuclear weapons have a yeild greater than 26 mt when makay says that they had to dial the yeild down. as i said before onl half this energy will be targeted at the target while other goes to space. i have not started with asguard plasma beams but ill come back to it later.
on ground i have to say that it clearly goes to tauri. why? because fed have handguns, assault rifles, that bozooka that worf has and sniper rifles. we have only seen mortars that appeared in that tos episode involving gorns. tauri well is the us army. thay basically have everything to pistols to nukes. now st is limited types of weapons so they cant preform some of a modern armies jobs but modern day army have everything. they just bombard the army with artillery and have it done with. now back to ships. asguard plasma beams. destroyed a ori mother ship in 7 shots. obviously qite powerful and can own st ships.
ill give to the tauri.

asguard
lets see immensly high speeds powerful weaponery powerful sheilds as demontrated in camelot when it took several hits that wouldve destroyed a hatack from a ori mothership. ground i dont know but about groud warfare but they obvioulsy have something but if they dont ill give st for 1 for ground. space battles obvilusly goes to asguard.

anchients
do i really need to explain this 1?

ori
what the hell do u think the ori are?

wraith
lets see no sheilds good weapons huge amout of fighters per ship hull can take a direct hit by a nuke so it can take a photon hit(i dont know why they call it a photon torpedo but the word photon is the name of a particle thats given off from lightbulbs. so a photon torpedo from its name a light torpedo).ground fighter have dematerilizing beam and wraith armed with assult rifles. hm ill have to go with st with ground. evenly matched in space i guess because of fighters.

atlantis
same as anchients so i dont really need to explain it

note: for those trekkies who come to transporters and think that they dont need anything else ur obvioulsy wrong. guess wat sg has em too! and they are stopped by sheilds and wraith have devised a way to counter it. so they cant just beam a torpedo in there and say bye bye.

QUOTE(Halle @ Feb 5th 2007, 6:07 PM) *

Hello, I'm new here, and is a big Stargate fan!

Now: We shall not forgot the funny guy named "Q", who would just snap his fingers and the entire Ori fleet would dissapear. 1.gif

What about the ID4 aliens vs startrek/stargate? Maybe there already is a thread about this?

(Forgive my english, I'm from SWE).

ok u bring the q in there and ill bring in the anchients

QUOTE(Fabolouz @ Aug 2nd 2003, 4:23 PM) *

we also have cloking with Star Trek and that does have an element of surprise...
if the federetion for example cloak and come very close to asgaurd ships they can take out the engines or wathever very fast...

so wat sg have cloak too and we arnt afraid to use it. we also have that dimensional shifting thing that goes through stuff so watch it

QUOTE(Revan @ Jan 24th 2007, 8:01 PM) *

I wonder who would win... it is unlikely an Ori Toilet-ship would ever manage to hit The Scimitar, so I believe the Reman birdy would win laugh.gif They can't even breach goa'uld cloaking tech, which is comparably weak.
I hope... whistling.gif

ori ship has powerful weapons as well as fighters and other smaller calibre weapons. also remenber those priors who preach about christianity? yeah tey have 1 of those. plus even if scimitar gets hit the res follows and those are some mighty powerful weapons on the ori ships. plus they have dectected that gould bomber thingy y the hell would they move towards it then?

QUOTE(redfirewiz @ Jan 24th 2007, 7:23 PM) *

StarTrek > StarGate

Well here -
StarTrek Ship Classes

Reman

Romulans

Voth City Ship

Federation

-Akira Class
-Defiant class
-Prometheus Class
-Steamrunner Class

-Intrepid Class

Borg
-Borg Cube
-Borg Sphere
-Borg Tatical Cube

Ancients > Starterk
Ori < Startrek
Asguards < Startrek
Tuari (earth) < STartrek
Jaffa < Startrek
Gould < Startrek
Torka < startrek

Stargate < Startrek

why compare speed O.O

guess wat sg has time travel too as seen in mobius and also cloaking tech and dimensional shifting device. also do u even know wat the ori are? they are basically the same as ancients. y compare speed u ask? well if sg has speed then we can hit more places quickly and stuff. also replicators. they absorb energy weapons so the borg will have a hard time killing em. second replicators are found in ida pegasus milky way and other galaxys. the borg only controls 1 quadrant. if u send ppl back in time to destroy everyone then sure well do the same. and bioships. hm strong but ill say that they are notoriously weak too ill get more on that later.

anchients>star trek
replicators>star trek
tauri> star trek (refit daedalus class)
gould= star trek
wraith= star trek
tokra= star trek

and we have planet killers as well
anubis' superweapon
gate detonator
mark 9 gatebuster
the replicators can also comvert entire planets as well

bio ships. well we have bio ships. do u know wat they are? yes they are 18th century galleons. now let me ask u this can a galleon beat a modern tank? theres a reason we switched to metal ppl!

now the tranphasic torpedo anyone know if they can plase through stuff or not?

second why wouldnt we have allies. just because we can beat ppl up that doesnt mean we cant make allies. sg has allies before. wraith allied with tauri, asguard allies with tauri tokra allies with tauri jaffa allies with tauri.

plus our transporters are fast as the borg ones. and we can beam gatebusters near ur ship and it will be bye bye.

there is a deception that the borg can adapt to anything. can u explain me why they cant assimilate data and speicies 8472? they obviously cant assimilate everything. replicators cant assimilate everything but they do have the knowledge of several galaxies. several galaxies vs 1 quadrant. hm ill ahve to go with several galaxies
+Quote Post
iacon
post Jul 20th 2009, 4:32 AM
Post #422

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 31,562

Hmmm... There's way more variety in Stargate I think. Wackier ship designs. I love it. Star Trek is fun too, but I have to go with Stargate.
+Quote Post
Blade40012
post Jan 26th 2010, 7:26 PM
Post #423

Unregistered

well, i think that the stargate FTL dive (hyperdrive) is far better than the Star Trek warp drive. However, that is the only advantage that Stargate has over Star Trek. Star Trek ships weapons, shields, sensors and transporters are all better than their Stargate Counterparts.
+Quote Post
Mulege
post Apr 25th 2010, 1:15 PM
Post #424

Unregistered

uh yeah... about the whole FTL thing I think that the borg can beat it becuse they have transwarp remember.

plus the transwarp hub would allow them to keep pounding the tau'ri or anyone else that got in there way and just think it alowed janeway to travel more than 75% of the way in a few minutes! so speed wise I think the borg have Hyperdrive beat
+Quote Post
Eppidemic
post Mar 31st 2011, 8:21 AM
Post #425

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 92,999

It seems a lot of SG fans lack the knowledge to put the Trekies to the ground. So I will clean up the mess.

Stargate would win hands down. Or more to the point. The ancients would win hands down. They were a species that had accumulated all the knowledge of the universe and were on the brink of ascending. they could travel across galaxies instantly with stargates and showed a level of knowledge far superior to anyone in star trek. They were on the verge of becoming Q. Any and all technology had been developed or conceved and deemed to destructive. For instance. a weapon that could destroy any single species, life in general, or ascended "life" in an entire galaxy in an instant. They also built a power source/ weapon that could blow up planets with ease. Hell. even the Azgard could use there time dilation fields to render any opponent dead in the water. They had mastered inter dementional travel, where the trekies had only seen it in a couple of episodes, and usually had no idea how it happened.

these people were on the brink of being onipatant beings like the Q for christ sake. with that knowledge alone it would be hard to believe that any star trek ship would have a chance against Atlantis. I can't believe the Trekies try to say there technology is superior. Thats just insane. But for the hell of it. lets put them up against the borg, or any other ship mentioned.

Ancients win every time. And they only need one weapon to do this. Drones. They penetrate any shield and element in the known universe like it wasn't even there and keeps on going. They would instantly destroy any Trek ship. Game over!! Cloaked or not, the chair user simply thinks "kill enemy" and the drones automatically distinguish between enemy and friendly and destroy the targets.

And thats if the ancients felt like having an up close and personal battle. I forget the name of the machine but they could just use that one device to kill everything in the galaxy but humans. which would leave only the Fed, and some human/borgs around to get mopped up by drones and any number of outpost sites around the galaxy. They would use the censor grid Carter and Mckay eventually found and activated in (i believe) the last episode of Atlantis that could track anything, anywhere in the galaxy in real time. haha! most the trek ships would get taken out before they left there lower planetary orbits.

It's late so I'll stop there. but I could name some other ways the ancients would win.
+Quote Post

18 Pages V « < 16 17 18
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 22nd 2014 - 6:51 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.