SSG Ret
post Jul 18th 2003, 4:44 PM
Post #26

Captain
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,926

Poor Daniel. He WAS somewhat bemused, wasn't he? laugh.gif

I liked the part where Jack said: "...in fact, I order you to put down your weapons until it leaves!" Which they did without question! The without question part is somewhat surprising.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Daniel V
post Jul 21st 2003, 10:12 AM
Post #27

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,069

great episode and it just shows how much jack trusts daniel
+Quote Post
Spacen
post Jul 29th 2003, 10:29 AM
Post #28

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,105

QUOTE (SSG Ret @ Jul 18 2003, 04:44 PM)
Poor Daniel. He WAS somewhat bemused, wasn't he? laugh.gif

I liked the part where Jack said: "...in fact, I order you to put down your weapons until it leaves!" Which they did without question! The without question part is somewhat surprising.

You are trained in the airforce to do what you are ordered especially if they say "I'm ordering you to..." because that means they really mean.
+Quote Post
SSG Ret
post Jul 29th 2003, 5:57 PM
Post #29

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,926

You are not trained to do things that will get you killed or that are unlawful or illegal (not necessarily the same thing). They were in hostile territory where they already knew there were several thousand Jaffa. SG1 was cut off and then suddenly they are OK? Obeying an order like that denoted a large portion of trust on their part. How would they know Col O'Neill was under duress when he gave that order. If they had disobeyed (and survived the experience) I doubt anything would have been done to them.
+Quote Post
Belgian Fan
post Nov 13th 2003, 5:07 AM
Post #30

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,607

When they arrive at the monastery, Daniel takes off his gear before entering and when his jacket falls over his shoulders, you can see that he is wearing a short-sleeved shirt. When he is inside the monastery, talking to the monk, blowing out candles and things, he is wearing a long-sleeved shirt.
First I thouht that he had changed his shirt (they drag a lot with them in their backpack, so why not a clean shirt ?) but he didn't take anything with him when he went inside. So where did that long-sleeved shirt come from ? crying.gif

Besides that, I really like this episode.

+Quote Post
Aesir
post Nov 13th 2003, 12:27 PM
Post #31

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,811

QUOTE (Belgian Fan @ Nov 13 2003, 10:07 AM)
When they arrive at the monastery, Daniel takes off his gear before entering and when his jacket falls over his shoulders, you can see that he is wearing a short-sleeved shirt. When he is inside the monastery, talking to the monk, blowing out candles and things, he is wearing a long-sleeved shirt.
First I thouht that he had changed his shirt (they drag a lot with them in their backpack, so why not a clean shirt ?) but he didn't take anything with him when he went inside. So where did that long-sleeved shirt come from ? crying.gif

Besides that, I really like this episode.

This sounds like a good continuity nitpick and I don't remember reading this one before, so it's likely that it's not been mentioned yet (rare) or maybe I just don't remember or it was before my time. The right place to post things like this is in the Nitpicking and Trivia section - you should post this there smile.gif
+Quote Post
Belgian Fan
post Nov 13th 2003, 1:47 PM
Post #32

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,607

Okay, thanks for the hint. I moved that one. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Mac.Fan
post Apr 23rd 2004, 7:37 AM
Post #33

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,500

Well every thing work out in the end with moast of apophis jaffa was killed by the light that went though them in the end and Daniel realies that the baby is in good hands.
+Quote Post
SiegeDeSpahr
post Sep 3rd 2004, 2:45 AM
Post #34

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,200

Hated the ambiguous lined they gave Danny, but thought that this was a decent episode. Liked how everyone was so trusting and repectfull of Jack that they all complied with his orders emediately. Showed how much everyone looks up to him. And that he trusts Danny fully now. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
wonderland
post Oct 2nd 2004, 2:36 PM
Post #35

Major General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,411

One of the things I loved about this episode was the interaction between Daniel and the baby. When Daniel finds the baby and parts the curtain to see him, the baby just splits his little face grinning. And when Daniel starts to put the baby back down, he grabs Daniel's shirt, as if to say "whoa, there, big fella, where do you think you're going?"
One thing that I thought was very interesting was when Daniel tells them to lower their weapons, who is the first one to follow him? Bra'tac, who doesn't even know him that well but still trusts him, I thought that was pretty cool. I guess they bonded while chatting with the monk. I like Bra'tac, even if he is 133 years old.
Two things that I did not like. When Daniel "took" Jack's gun away, it looked like it was pointing at Jack, I thought that was a little weird. Also, didn't like Daniel's almost callous wave to the Jaffa who were about to get toasted.

This post has been edited by wonderland: Oct 2nd 2004, 2:48 PM
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Oct 2nd 2004, 6:18 PM
Post #36

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE (SSG Ret @ Jul 29th 2003, 5:57 PM)
You are not trained to do things that will get you killed or that are unlawful or illegal (not necessarily the same thing). They were in hostile territory where they already knew there were several thousand Jaffa. SG1 was cut off and then suddenly they are OK? Obeying an order like that denoted a large portion of trust on their part. How would they know Col O'Neill was under duress when he gave that order. If they had disobeyed (and survived the experience) I doubt anything would have been done to them.

I loved this episode, mainly because we do get Bra'tac and his not being ready to die yet. wink.gif

I think the main reason the rest of the teams trusted Jack and did what he said, is they have probably seen things that you do not normally see. So they responded to jack because he was their leader and because of the unexpected.
+Quote Post
Magnavox
post Oct 12th 2004, 11:45 AM
Post #37

Posts with an accent...
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,724

I don't think that Skarra and the others ascended, decended, and then re-ascended. I say this only because when we have seen anyone ascend, it has involved their body disappearing and changing into a glowing form - as Skarra did in this episode, DJ did in Meridian, and Orlin did in Ascension.

Also because when they decend they come back naked! ala Daniel (Fallen S7)

Why is the kid so white if both his parent are of egyptian descent?
I also find it hard to believe that Daniel lets just say, got so into/full of himself that he so easily believed he could do all that sh!t.
I did like when Daniel told O'Neill to remove his shoes and O'Neill replies that it would be better for everyone if he kept them on.
+Quote Post
cosmos
post Oct 23rd 2004, 12:43 AM
Post #38

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,080

I particularly liked that episode. What do u think of the enlightenment lines used in making this episode?

O'Neill: Oh you know me, i am a huge fan of subtlety but this is down right encryptic.

Nicely done, indeed!
+Quote Post
wonderland
post Oct 23rd 2004, 8:27 AM
Post #39

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,411

QUOTE (magnavox @ Oct 12th 2004, 11:45 AM)

I also find it hard to believe that Daniel lets just say, got so into/full of himself that he so easily believed he could do all that sh!t.

I don't see that as Daniel being "full of himself", I see it as his willingness to believe that anything is possible. I mean, if that had been Jack who was trying to convince Daniel that he, Jack, could start a fire or manipulate objects, Daniel would buy it.
However, Daniel is the only one that this would have worked for. Carter would have tried to prove it in logical ways, Jack would have just tossed it off, Teal'c simply wouldn't have believed it possible.
Even after all that he has seen and done, there is still that child-like wonder in Daniel that is so damn sexy.
+Quote Post
Magnavox
post Oct 23rd 2004, 8:37 AM
Post #40

Posts with an accent...
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,724

QUOTE (wonderland @ Oct 23rd 2004, 8:27 AM)
QUOTE (magnavox @ Oct 12th 2004, 11:45 AM)

I don't see that as Daniel being "full of himself", I see it as his willingness to believe that anything is possible.

I see what you mean, I just thought it was also quite naive of him to not question it at all. He just seemed to jump in head first, that monk guy could have been evil or anything, aliens have tried to decieve SG1 before. I thought he could have been a little more cautious considering they knew the goauld had been there.

Even after all that he has seen and done, there is still that child-like wonder in Daniel that is so damn sexy.

Agreed! smile.gif
+Quote Post
BrandonTheGreat
post Jan 13th 2005, 7:58 PM
Post #41

Unregistered

Strange isn't it, they make the last episode anti-religion and this episode pro-religion.
+Quote Post
cvvrede
post Feb 11th 2005, 2:51 PM
Post #42

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,767

QUOTE(ramuund @ Jul 18th 2003, 9:57 PM)
i love this episode at the end where they are leaveing and jack says-
"daniel,... shoes".

Me too. I liked it too with the gun being pointed at Jack. The look on his face was priceless.

QUOTE(BrandonTheGreat @ Jan 14th 2005, 1:58 AM)
Strange isn't it, they make the last episode anti-religion and this episode pro-religion.

Don't really think it was pro-religion. It was more an episode with a not-so-bad-that-SG-1-gets-into-trouble religion. The episode was more religion-based then pro-religion.
+Quote Post
ClampenShaften
post Mar 2nd 2005, 8:58 AM
Post #43

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,227

good episode really good in fact i liked it so much its one of my all tme favs
+Quote Post
odie_63
post Jun 26th 2005, 11:54 AM
Post #44

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,217

Indeed a good episode. It introduced what will be a most recurring theme for the next seasons : the "ascension".
Also some Earth-based mythological and religious references which I always appreciate in the show, because it tends to give credits to the story.

I did love the allusion to Raiders of the Lost Ark at the end when the Jaffas are toasted by lightning.
+Quote Post
Spineshank
post Sep 2nd 2005, 11:40 AM
Post #45

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,951

This episode was a bit weird to me, wasn't completely sure that i liked it a whole lot. Ending wasn't what i thought it would be like, still not a horrible episode, id watch it again.
+Quote Post
SGCforever
post Feb 20th 2006, 8:43 AM
Post #46

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,990

I didn't know what to think of this episode. I liked it, yet I didn't like it. The whole buddhist theme was alright and the special fx were really sweet, but it was just so boring for the most part. Not a whole lot happened in this episode. I do like however how the Goa'uld died at the end. It reminded me quite a bit of Raiders of the Lost Ark, and how the germans were killed at the end of that movie. Anyways, I'd probably watch this episode again, but only if I had already watched all the better ones from this season first.
+Quote Post
Aticus
post Apr 1st 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #47

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,280

did anyone think for a moment that the ascended woman was one of the atlantian Ancients?
+Quote Post
sgcl librarian
post Apr 1st 2006, 10:47 PM
Post #48

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,781

QUOTE(Aticus @ Apr 1st 2006, 11:04 PM) *

did anyone think for a moment that the ascended woman was one of the atlantian Ancients?

Yes, for a long time after seeing this episode, I had presumed that Oma Desala was an Ancient.

But as chiroho noted in the Mar 14th 2003, 2:26 PM, post, I later on shook myself from the belief that all Ancients are Ascended beings. Some Ancients are very likely Ascended beings, but not all Ascended beings are Ancients.

The best example of an SG1 enemy who appears to be ascended, then descended, and not likely to be an ancient is....

» Click for Spoiler «

This post has been edited by sgcl librarian: Apr 1st 2006, 10:51 PM
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 16th 2014 - 7:48 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.