Rating  3
stargate_addict
post Apr 5th 2005, 9:51 PM
Post #121

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,195

biggrin.gif great episode, and i loved the special effects, and the story was wounderful! biggrin.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Apr 12th 2005, 10:55 AM
Post #122

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

Just watched this episode again, and once more was proved just how irritating Laira is. I have never seen such a whiny, needy and grasping woman. So glad that Jack didn't stay or return. Jack only had sex with her because she pushed, and he didn't want to be alone. Notice he left as soon as the team came through. He was so glad to see Teal'c.
+Quote Post
zeroFantasy
post Apr 24th 2005, 9:15 PM
Post #123

Airman Basic

Member No.: 8,729

I loved and hated this episode!
I hated it because of Laira. What is Jack doing liking some random women when Sam is right there??
I loved it because it really showed how Sam feels about Jack.

Do you think Janet realised this? She look at Sam as if she realised it and felt sorry for Sam because Jack wasn't there...
+Quote Post
CluckChicken
post May 30th 2005, 7:26 PM
Post #124

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,974

My biggest problem with this episode is that even when they discuss contacting their interstellar traveling friends nobody mentions the Asguard. Since Jack is such an important person in the Asguard evolution research you think they would have been happy to send a ship to pick up Jack and it probably would have only taken a few moments to get him.
+Quote Post
Magnavox
post May 30th 2005, 11:46 PM
Post #125

Posts with an accent...
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,724

QUOTE(CluckChicken @ May 30th 2005, 7:26 PM)
My biggest problem with this episode is that even when they discuss contacting their interstellar traveling friends nobody mentions the Asguard.  Since Jack is such an important person in the Asguard evolution research you think they would have been happy to send a ship to pick up Jack and it probably would have only taken a few moments to get him.

Thor said in Fragile Balance that Jack wasn't the key to solving their cloning problems, they probably would have determined this right after The Fifth Race, and even so, if they were busy in a bind and such and couldn't get to him they could have concluded that he would be pretty safe there anyway.
+Quote Post
Spineshank
post Sep 1st 2005, 12:57 PM
Post #126

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,951

I loved Teal'c in this episode he was willing to go before they even asked the question. I can't imagine having a friend like that in real life i don't think one like that would exist.
+Quote Post
starryeyes
post Sep 18th 2005, 2:55 PM
Post #127

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,982

I can't understand the dislike for Laira. I thought that if he stayed, they would be a good couple. She seemed to me a very loving and caring woman who allowed Jack time to decide on a physical relationship.
Gotta love Teal'c in this episode. The affection and loyalty he feels for Jack is quite apparent. "Teal'c, you stubborn son of a bitch". Just loved that line.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jan 2nd 2006, 8:59 PM
Post #128

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(starryeyes @ Sep 18th 2005, 2:55 PM) *

I can't understand the dislike for Laira. I thought that if he stayed, they would be a good couple. She seemed to me a very loving and caring woman who allowed Jack time to decide on a physical relationship.
Gotta love Teal'c in this episode. The affection and loyalty he feels for Jack is quite apparent. "Teal'c, you stubborn son of a bitch". Just loved that line.

Laira didn't allow Jack to make the decision. She wore him down. She fed on his knowing he couldn't return. She waited until Jack was drunk and then had sex with him. Laira only wanted another Jack. She didn't truly care for Jack. She was graspy, needy and a total waste.
+Quote Post
SGCforever
post Feb 20th 2006, 8:19 AM
Post #129

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,990

Out of all the episodes so far this season...I think this one had the best story line. This one should have been a two parter with the amount of stuff that went on. The special effects were great and so was the acting. RDA's bit at the end when he sees Teal'c is just amazing. It's funny, just how many times SG-1 is saved by mere chance. Nothing that they did to affect the outcome, just something happens and then someone gets saved. What if Lara hadn't heard the radio, or anyone for that matter. Teal'c would have died down there. Anyways, overall this episode was truly amazing and one of the better ones I've seen so far.
+Quote Post
Luke162
post Feb 8th 2007, 10:03 PM
Post #130

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,222

Wow been so long since ive seen this episode. I thought it was a overall good episode up in my top ten for sure. The best part was deffinatle when Jack saw tilq (sorry cant spell today) I kinda felt bad for the girl at the end of the episode even though alot of people on here are right she was a lil whiny. But over al realy good episode
+Quote Post
Matman
post Feb 9th 2007, 2:33 AM
Post #131

where's my gameboy...
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,164

I only liked this episode cause I'd like to retire on a nice planet like that, work, sleep, fish, be fun.

Janet and Sam's convo, it seemed to me when Sam yapping on about making their big gun thing, Janet seemed all jealous that Sam was so worried about Jack, sometimes I wish this wasnt on cable, yay for fanfics biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
opentheiris
post May 29th 2011, 1:42 PM
Post #132

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 37,949

unrealistic plot:

a) after the particle beam is done and the first cavern is made, the next thing to do is send a large drill robot, or even better, C4 the hole a few times while opening the gate to clean up the falling dirt. After a few runs, the gate will open a cone to the surface. Pretty easy to do! if you are scared of using C4 in case there would be people around then you could start with small charges then increases, as the people outside understand that you are poping the crust over the gate, that is if you haven't told them already with the radio. Everything would have been done in a few hours after the particle beam generator was finished. (and yeah, that could have loan by the tolan or else...)

b) assuming Tealk had ot drill there, why not deliver plenty of oxygen tanks and food, pillow and ipod... There was absolutely no reason to give him just 4 hours...

c) crossing the event horizon from the outer side of a wormhole does nothing. We see this plenty of times in many other episodes, in fact the episode just after, where jack crosses completely the horizon then hold the wormhole opened opened with his arm. That is quite a mistake from writers. Therefore, no reason to suspend anything over the gate. One more reason to send a big drill that pushes way harder than a human.

This post has been edited by opentheiris: May 29th 2011, 2:09 PM
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post May 30th 2011, 4:23 PM
Post #133

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(opentheiris @ May 29th 2011, 7:42 PM) *
c) crossing the event horizon from the outer side of a wormhole does nothing. We see this plenty of times in many other episodes, in fact the episode just after, where jack crosses completely the horizon then hold the wormhole opened opened with his arm. That is quite a mistake from writers. Therefore, no reason to suspend anything over the gate. One more reason to send a big drill that pushes way harder than a human.

In 'Shades of Grey', O'Neill never takes his arm out of the wormhole. If he had, he woul dhave lost his arm. This episode showed that anything going back into an open wormhole is destroyed i.e. the MALP falling back in when it is sent through after the Stargate has been buried by the meteor strike.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 20th 2014 - 1:32 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.