Rating  5
Magnavox
post Oct 9th 2004, 6:02 AM
Post #97

Posts with an accent...
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 3,724

First off, just looking at AR Carter (or is it O'Neill)'s hair was painful! I think it was a wig as opposed to hair extentions, cause it looked like the nylon was stickin' up all over the place. Definately one of my all time fav. eps. action, romance, comedy, wonderful! Could really see the beginnings of something new here wub.gif, O'Neill got to see a different side of Carter he wouldn't normally, really made him think. Teal'c killing his alternate self, lol! only on Stargate! It was good that Carter didn't get along with 'herself' straight away, they're bound to have different personal expiriences so they'd both deal with things in different ways. That quickly changed when AR Carter got 'sick' and Carter comes in and goes to hold her hand. I'm suprised O'neill didn't go do it after their 'deep and meaningful', would have added another layer to the story!

Tee hee... evil twins with goatees!!!

Yeah, why do evil twins always have facial hair?

Concidering that the Quantum mirror was at area 51 which is under NID control how could Hammond order the mirror destroyed? It wasn't under his juristiction, was it? Of course he could have told them to destroy it but the rogue NID could have gotten their hands on it as a way to procure more alien tech. Just a thought..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wonderland
post Oct 9th 2004, 12:46 PM
Post #98

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,411

QUOTE (magnavox @ Oct 9th 2004, 6:02 AM)
Yeah, why do evil twins always have facial hair?

Because TPTB assume that we, the audience, are so damn stupid that we wouldn't immediately pick up the differences between the real and the alternate realities.
So they feel inclined to hit us over the head with the differences.
+Quote Post
cosmos
post Oct 23rd 2004, 12:28 AM
Post #99

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,080

I don't know about you, but I would be very afraid of not being able to get back to the EXACT reality I was from. I mean, that mirror seems WAY too inaccurate to be sure. Daniel noticed that one reality had captain Carter waiting instead of Major Carter. What if it was something he couldn't outright see.

They should have instructed Carter to do something out of place while waiting so that no other reality could possibly overlap with ours and be confused about where we are going to end. Eg. Carter reading a newspaper or holding a balloon...

Anyway, what do you think of this one?

When the jaffa were running through the gate to escape, the last one barely made it as the gate was deactivated and a piece of his weapon was left behind.

Now i thought that as long as there is something into the matter stream the gate cannot disengage, other than doing a manual override from the computer (which was not the case) and allowing the gate to reach the final seconds of the 38 minute window.

Remember in 'Shades of Grey' O'Neil holds the gate open just by stretching his hand into the matter stream (into the wormhole past the event horizon).
+Quote Post
BrandonTheGreat
post Jan 13th 2005, 5:47 PM
Post #100

Unregistered

QUOTE(cosmos @ Oct 23rd 2004, 12:28 AM)
[b][/b]

They should have instructed Carter to do something out of place while waiting so that no other reality could possibly overlap with ours and be confused about where we are going to end. Eg. Carter reading a newspaper or holding a balloon...

They took a chance and they were in the same reality. It was great to see Kawalsky in this episode again.
+Quote Post
cvvrede
post Feb 11th 2005, 12:33 PM
Post #101

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,767

QUOTE(magnavox @ Oct 9th 2004, 12:02 PM)
Definately one of my all time fav. eps. action, romance, comedy, wonderful! Could really see the beginnings of something new here wub.gif, O'Neill got to see a different side of Carter he wouldn't normally, really made him think. Teal'c killing his alternate self, lol! only on Stargate! It was good that Carter didn't get along with 'herself' straight away, they're bound to have different personal expiriences so they'd both deal with things in different ways. That quickly changed when AR Carter got 'sick' and Carter comes in and goes to hold her hand. I'm suprised O'neill didn't go do it after their 'deep and meaningful', would have added another layer to the story!

I liked this episode too. But I think it would have become weird if O'Neill instead of Carter had held Alternate reality Carter's hand. Things would have become strained between the real Carter and O'Neill. It's the same as imagining what would have happened if Dr. Carter had stayd and she and O'Neill had started dating. Imagine how Major Carter would have felt knowing that O'Neill had seen her naked, well not her but it's close enough.
+Quote Post
ClampenShaften
post Mar 2nd 2005, 8:02 AM
Post #102

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,227

QUOTE(cvvrede @ Feb 11th 2005, 5:33 PM)
I liked this episode too. But I think it would have become weird if O'Neill instead of Carter had held Alternate reality Carter's hand. Things would have become strained between the real Carter and O'Neill. It's the same as imagining what would have happened if Dr. Carter had stayd and she and O'Neill had started dating. Imagine how Major Carter would have felt knowing that O'Neill had seen her naked, well not her but it's close enough.

its a good episode, very clever and really interesting, to see how other reality's could appear to be. however, seemed a bit far fetched in some ways.
+Quote Post
zeroFantasy
post Apr 24th 2005, 9:10 PM
Post #103

Airman Basic

Member No.: 8,729

THis episode was ok. Long hair don't look good on Carter, does it? I like the short hair better!

Aww it was sooo sad when the other Carter kissed Jack and Sam was there in the mirror, sad... I wanted to cry, really. I really want for them to be together sad.gif
There are so many episodes like that and Sam is always sad and Jack just doesn't see anything.
+Quote Post
scjon
post Apr 24th 2005, 9:42 PM
Post #104

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,003

I liked this episode! On one of the many behind the scenes things that I've seen (I'll have to rewatch them all to see which one) it was said that the writers used the AR episodes to explore the Carter/O'Neill relationship in ways that they couldn't in the 'normal reality', because of the regulations.
+Quote Post
starryeyes
post Sep 15th 2005, 7:12 PM
Post #105

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,982

Really enjoyed this episode alot. Liked seeing a possibility of romance between Jack and Sam in the future. I think his experience with alternate Sam definitely had him thinking. Jack at this stage though seemed so uncomfortable with the whole thing.

Gotta love the Asgard. I think I read in an earlier post someone speculating about
why the Asgard didn't revive the alternate Jack like they did Hammond. I think Jack was dead for two long of a period for the Asgard machine to work. Or maybe the Goa'uld destroyed his body which seems to be the probable explanation.
Anyway, great episode.
+Quote Post
Flynch
post Dec 5th 2005, 6:07 PM
Post #106

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,614

QUOTE(Anzac @ Nov 21st 2003, 9:17 AM)
In our reality it is called The SGC, wich stands for Stargate Command.
But in the alternate reality it is called The SGA, what does that stand for?

QUOTE(Aesir @ Nov 21st 2003, 12:52 PM)
I don't believe that it was ever revealed what SGA stood for in any of the alternate reality episodes. I even checked through the transcripts but could find nothing revealing the meaning of the acronym.

I guess it's just one of those mysteries like 'NID' rolleyes.gif

I'd say SGA would stand for Stargate Agency. the A would be the Like A is the in CIA : Central Intelligence Agency

My guess for the NID would be : surNatural Investigation Department
Notice where the N is taken from... a covert operation would sometimes take another letter in their name to keep it secret
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Dec 5th 2005, 7:59 PM
Post #107

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,565

There is no definition for NID. Even in the commentaries the producers and writers have said as much.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Dec 5th 2005, 8:26 PM
Post #108

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Dec 6th 2005, 12:59 AM)
There is no definition for NID. Even in the commentaries the producers and writers have said as much.

Yeah, they say that it was originally Not a Real Division. But that they thought NID just sounded better so they went with that.

Although i reckon that the producers didnt even attempt to make SGA stand for something. I just think they wanted to have something 'alternate-reality' so they went with that. But i dont think they thought up something for what it meant.

This post has been edited by invisible painting: Dec 5th 2005, 8:26 PM
+Quote Post
togar
post Dec 25th 2005, 7:21 PM
Post #109

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,212

ok, alternate reality and time travel are 2 things they never should have gotten into on the show. ok, the remote for that thing couldnt possibly find the reality they left (in either case) because according to what they explained, a different reality stems from every possible choice... there are trillions upon trillions of living things on earth alone (not all human, but they do make choices) and many many more throughout the galexy... ever second that passes, a person has been faced with many many decisions... so in the few days that passed between going back to theirs, there would have been an unrealisticly large number of realities to go through (most would be similar, since few choices would influence the sgc or sga) but every single jaffa on base would be constantly making choices... so the never would be able to find the one they left

carter looks better w/ long hair though
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Dec 27th 2005, 9:22 PM
Post #110

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,565

Togar they answered that already in the show if you payed attention! It said it automatically goes back to the closest reality to when the mirror was shut down. It is SciFi so give it a break will you. They can do what they want how they want when they make stuff up that never existed in real life!
+Quote Post
togar
post Dec 27th 2005, 10:07 PM
Post #111

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,212

it doesnt go back to the same reality, it goes back to a nearby reality, you still have to find the exact reality though, but in the time that passed, an infinate number would be inbetween the 2 (sam pointed that out on the show, not in those exact words)
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Dec 28th 2005, 12:03 PM
Post #112

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

Do watch the show only to nitpick every small detail? Do you get any enjoyment out of the show? Like Em said it is science fiction. The events in the show aren't governed by conventional laws.
+Quote Post
mini_jack
post Dec 28th 2005, 7:07 PM
Post #113

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,835

Togar you do have apoint but as alternate carter said that that reailty was only a handful that were not occupied. also Kawalsky also said that when the remote was turned off that it would key into the reality close to the one perviously it was set on.
thats how it was explained losly in the show
+Quote Post
SGCforever
post Feb 6th 2006, 8:55 AM
Post #114

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,990

Wow...oh Wow! This has to be in my opinion, one of the best Stargate episodes so far that I've watched, next to "there but for the grace of god"as my second fav now. I am truly amazed at the range of emotions Sam played in this episode, it was very heartfelt. By the end I almost wanted Jack to stay with her, but I knew that could never happen. What a great episode, I couldn't say that enough. The only question I have is how did Teal'c know that his other self would have a little goatie? I thought that kind of strange, but then Sam and Kawalsky could have told him what he looks like. Anyway's when they start doing the alternate dimension thing all I can think about is Sliders dry.gif I'm not really a fan of that show, but it's just a cool thing to see in this show, other than gate travel all the time.

What an amazing episode. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Feb 6th 2006, 3:55 PM
Post #115

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(SGCforever @ Feb 6th 2006, 8:55 AM) *

Wow...oh Wow! This has to be in my opinion, one of the best Stargate episodes so far that I've watched, next to "there but for the grace of god"as my second fav now. I am truly amazed at the range of emotions Sam played in this episode, it was very heartfelt. By the end I almost wanted Jack to stay with her, but I knew that could never happen. What a great episode, I couldn't say that enough. The only question I have is how did Teal'c know that his other self would have a little goatie? I thought that kind of strange, but then Sam and Kawalsky could have told him what he looks like. Anyway's when they start doing the alternate dimension thing all I can think about is Sliders dry.gif I'm not really a fan of that show, but it's just a cool thing to see in this show, other than gate travel all the time.

What an amazing episode. biggrin.gif

It is a good show. I love them, but anytime that we can get 2 of anyone back, it's great. Since Kowalsky died in season 1, this is the only way to see him, or in flashback scenes, which they have not done.

Sliders was good for awhile, but then lost it's way.
+Quote Post
sparkels
post Jul 28th 2006, 5:48 PM
Post #116

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,113

does anyone know the name of the "jack/sam love theme song" from this episode??????
+Quote Post
NiinaC
post Apr 18th 2007, 12:13 AM
Post #117

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,411

I liked it. laugh.gif Yes, I did.

It's been a long while since I've seen "Alternative Reality" episodes, so it's fun!

Sam looked softer with long hair, and I think it was touching seeing her react to losing Jack.
I liked Jack's fun way of trying to keep Normal-Reality-Sam from knowing about their Alternative Reality Marriage. laugh.gif

I thought it was surprising, and yet not, that teal'c just offed himself. blink.gif

Good one!
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jun 12th 2007, 11:44 PM
Post #118

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

I don't know why they have to put the long hair on Sam in the alternate reality shows, but they do. I guess it's to show that she didn't join the military, so didn't have to follow protocol in haircuts. Personally, I think AT looks so much better with the shorter hair. The longer hair is so obviously fake that it looks silly. Sam had her hair up in the photo of her and jack, and in that her hair looked fine.

One thing that is a plus, the AR Sam has a much friendlier relationship with hammond and Kowalsky. She isn't in the military and can be more laid back and friendly, besides being able to marry Jack, LOL!
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 22nd 2014 - 11:29 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.