Rating  5
Janos
post Apr 9th 2005, 3:32 AM
Post #73

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,403

This was one of the very first episodes of SG-1 that I ever saw... It was probably back when they were showing it on air for the first time.... a few years, definitely.... Needless to say, I was quite confused..... Imagine watching this episode without knowing who the Goa'uld were or who Machello was.... Hmmm...

Those doctors were quick to jump to conclusions that Daniel was a nutjob.... After 2 years of traveling through the gate and seeing a variety of strange things, wasn't it at least a distinct possiblity that something could have been wrong with him? How did they jump immediately to crazy?

And to be honest, I could have done without the booger-coming-out-of-the-ear imagery.

Overall, I still liked it. Watching Season 3 again really gives you perspective. It's amazing how well done these episodes are compared to later seasons.... I never noticed it the first time around, but now on a second viewing of the DVD's, it's quite obvious.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
scjon
post Apr 9th 2005, 8:30 AM
Post #74

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,003

QUOTE(mithwriter @ Jan 22nd 2005, 9:31 PM)
Yeah, I've always liked this one, even though I don't watch it much. I don't know about the protein marker issue, but the one thing that never quite felt right was when the rest of SG-1 went to visit him in the padded room and they kept their distanct from him.

Now, I could understand it if they thought he was contagious, but at the time they thought he was just nuts, so the separation between Daniel and the rest of them always seemed awkward to me.

I'm only guessing, but perhaps they were told to keep back by the staff, because the medics were afraid that Daniel would suddenly become violent?

I thought it was a very interesting episode. Great acting from MS & the rest of the cast.
+Quote Post
Wendell
post May 10th 2005, 6:31 PM
Post #75

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,895

Since Sci-Fi channel aired this episode today I thought I would make a couple of comments and see if anybody else wanted to talk about it.

I think that MS put up a terrific performance here. He really is a talented actor. Also the other cast members did very well too.

I have been watching all the DVDs in order and just finished up season 6. Is it just me or does anyone else think that the cast seemed to put forth a little more effort in their performances in these earlier seasons?

Maybe it's just that they have faced so much danger by season 6 that they are just cooler under pressure.

I still love the later episodes and would rather watch them than about anything else that they put on TV these days.

+Quote Post
Jack.go.marry.Sam!
post Jul 29th 2005, 9:20 AM
Post #76

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,651

this is slightly offtopic but still..
some ppl here thought it would have been a great idea if Sam and Jack switched bodies in the episode 'holiday'..
i have to agree and i found something, a very nice, funny fanfiction related to 'holiday' where Sam and Jack switched bodies smile.gif

http://sjnc17.stargate-brats.net/viewstory.php?sid=887

this is why sg1 kept their distance from daniel (this is taken from the transcript)

Scene: Air Force Hospital
Jack, Sam and Teal'c follow MacKenzie down a corridor. They get to a room and MacKenzie opens the door.
MACKENZIE: 'Don't expect too much. If he becomes agitated, call the aides.'

this is why they jumping to the conclusion that daniel was nuts.. (also taken from the transcript)

HAMMOND: Part of Dr. MacKenzie's work involves analysing psychological data from SG units specifically looking for side effects to Gate travel. Dr. Jackson's episode yesterday may have uncovered a serious one.
MACKENZIE: Dr. Fraiser's been treating you for headaches lately, hasn't she?
O'NEILL: Yes. What's that got to do with Daniel?
MACKENZIE: Well you're not the only one.53% of SG field personnel also have a history of them.
O'NEILL: A lot of people get headaches. What's your point?
MACKENZIE: Dr. Jackson has experienced what I'd characterise as a first break psychotic episode, which may be manifesting full blown hebephrenic schizophrenia.
FRAISER: Migraines are often one of the first signs.
O'NEILL: Wait a minute. Daniel's a schizophrenic and it's caused by the Stargate?
FRAISER: It's the only logical explanation we have right now, Colonel.
O'NEILL: Well it sounds fairly theoretical to me. Does anybody think it could be stress?
FRAISER: As much as I'd like to think that's all it is, the evidence just doesn't point that way. Daniel has paranoid delusions, auditory and visual hallucinations.
MACKENZIE: Dr. Jackson's dopamine levels have increased in the left hemisphere of his brain. All these symptoms are textbook schizophrenia.

This post has been edited by Jack.go.marry.Sam!: Jul 29th 2005, 11:37 AM
+Quote Post
David_ofthe_Tar'e
post Aug 10th 2005, 1:19 PM
Post #77

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,996

I thought MS played a schizophrenic very convincingly. More so then when TR and RDA got infected, but the circumstances were different. Sam's facial expressions were really good when the team went to see Daniel in the Hospital. You could really see that she cared for Danny and felt bad for him. Mackenzie was a real muppet thou. I didn't like him at all.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Aug 10th 2005, 4:26 PM
Post #78

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(Janos @ Apr 9th 2005, 3:32 AM)
And to be honest, I could have done without the booger-coming-out-of-the-ear imagery.

I have to admit that those things bothered me, a lot. Yes, I know they were balloons but still just really creepy.
+Quote Post
Asgardian
post Dec 5th 2005, 4:02 PM
Post #79

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,613

They need more episodes with Michangelo (sp) in it, or at least more of his inventions. Are there more episodes (after season 4) where he or his inventions are in it?
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Dec 5th 2005, 5:11 PM
Post #80

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(Asgardian @ Dec 5th 2005, 9:02 PM)
They need more episodes with Michangelo (sp) in it, or at least more of his inventions.  Are there more episodes (after season 4) where he or his inventions are in it?

Machello died in 'Holiday', how could he appear in more episodes?
Click for Spoiler
+Quote Post
mini_jack
post Dec 5th 2005, 5:53 PM
Post #81

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,835

also all of his tecnology was used against the gau'ld so if they had broken is code for his notes then it would now be useless seeing that the gau'ld don't pose as much of a threat as they once did.
+Quote Post
SGCforever
post Feb 1st 2006, 10:25 AM
Post #82

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,990

I think I'll have to go ahead and agree with pretty much everyone on this forum, Michael Shanks' acting in this episode was amazing. As mentioned earlier, his hand gestures and other idiosyncrasies were well acted. It definitely was a stranger episode, and as Jack put it "a little creepy" especially with the dead Goa'uld he was seeing around. Overall an excellent episode! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
blackbelt83
post Mar 6th 2006, 2:23 AM
Post #83

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,345

again anothere ep. partly about machello that I dint think was all that interesting. I think it was just filler
+Quote Post
manfromdownunder
post Jul 7th 2006, 9:50 AM
Post #84

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,666

This was a good episode. Micheal Shanks was brilliant.
+Quote Post
NiinaC
post Apr 20th 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #85

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,411

Co-koo Daniel "sobering up" was fun to watch, especially him debating with himself to proove his sanity was pretty amusing.

Otherwise not very extremely cool, I'll give it 7/10.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 30th 2014 - 12:11 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.