Rating  4
SSG Ret
post Jun 29th 2003, 7:36 AM
Post #25

Captain
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,926

QUOTE (The Moody Goa'uld @ Feb 12 2003, 03:58 PM)
The death of Seth in this episode is gruesome, wow, but it seemed carter was a bit disturbed from the experience. As if she had to bring up thoughts or ideas into her head that she did not like in order to kill with the hand device.

Possibly, but it might also have been just the first time she had ever killed somebody up close.

I wonder where he was getting all this gou'ald technology. If he was destroying his bases behind himself, where did he get the equipment for the next attempt? Of course, he might not have been using the zats and whatnot before. Earth might have been getting advanced enough where he thought he needed it, and/or that enclave could have been the seed for an attempt to take over completely.

This post has been edited by SSG Ret: Jun 29th 2003, 7:44 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Major Gmed
post Jun 29th 2003, 5:01 PM
Post #26

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 979

QUOTE (SSG Ret @ Jun 29 2003, 01:36 PM)
The death of Seth in this episode is gruesome, wow, but it seemed carter was a bit disturbed from the experience. As if she had to bring up thoughts or ideas into her head that she did not like in order to kill with the hand device.

Possibly, but it might also have been just the first time she had ever killed somebody up close.

I don't think that was the reason because as a soldier she is programmed to kill without question. I think it was more to do with the fact that she had to go to a place where she really didn't want to go. It is almost like she had to go to the worst part of her personality to get the device to work, and she didn't like what she saw, and was quite possibly afraid about having to go there again.
+Quote Post
Firefly
post Jun 29th 2003, 7:51 PM
Post #27

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,304

Jack cracks me up. "Eunichs? As in snippity doo dahs?" lol
+Quote Post
SSG Ret
post Jul 1st 2003, 10:10 AM
Post #28

Captain
Group Icon

QUOTE (Major Gmed @ Jun 29 2003, 05:01 PM)
QUOTE (SSG Ret @ Jun 29 2003, 01:36 PM)

I don't think that was the reason because as a soldier she is programmed to kill without question. I think it was more to do with the fact that she had to go to a place where she really didn't want to go. It is almost like she had to go to the worst part of her personality to get the device to work, and she didn't like what she saw, and was quite possibly afraid about having to go there again.

Programmed to kill without question?? You have been watching too many movies, and bad ones at that.
huh.gif

When are we going to see more of Selmak's wonderful sense of humor (according to Sarush)? So far, he seems one of the more emotionless of the Tok'ra.
+Quote Post
Major Gmed
post Jul 1st 2003, 3:15 PM
Post #29

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 979

QUOTE (SSG Ret @ Jul 1 2003, 04:10 PM)
Programmed to kill without question??  You have been watching too many movies, and bad ones at that.
huh.gif

Programmed to kill without question is just an expression. I am sure you are intelligent enough to ascertain the meaning. Seth was a threat to Carter and she responded with her training, to use lethal force in response. It was simple enough, it was either him or her, and survival took over.

In the UK some of the guys in the armed forces do refer to being programmed to kill without question, so I am in the habit of hearing the expression when I talk to my friends. It was also referred to when I went to sign up by the Major that was in charge that day.

This post has been edited by Major Gmed: Jul 1st 2003, 3:17 PM
+Quote Post
SSG Ret
post Jul 1st 2003, 7:10 PM
Post #30

Captain
Group Icon

Sorry. No offense meant. I agree with you in the sense that she has been trained in the idea of 'If you have to do something, get it done.' It just irritates me sometimes with some of the really weird ideas people have about the military.
It is not referred to that way in the U.S. 'Programming' in that sense means the same as 'brainwashing'.
A senior officer insinuating that that is his/her goal would almost certainly suddenly have massive roadblocks put up by subordinates in the way of passive resistance. I remember one case where an officer wanted something that was not technically against regulation but was morally indefensible. While someone went through channels to report it, the rest of the section went into massive incompetence mode. Forgot how to do the simplest things, took two weeks to do something that normal took two days. Never had so much fun in my life! biggrin.gif

Tommy's father mentioned 'deprogrammers'. I don't know if they are called the same in England, but that is what they call the people that 'rescue' kids that have been sucked into whacky cults (and some normal religions, too!) and try to 'bring them to their senses'. Whatever that means. Anyway, there are more people in the U.S. who would prefer the whacky cult to the deprogrammer, unless there was really STRONG evidence that the clut used brainwashing techniques to get the recruit in the first place.
+Quote Post
Apis
post Jul 2nd 2003, 6:02 PM
Post #31

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,116

I didn't find this episode boring at all. I only wish that Seth didn't die so quickly he would make for some good action episodes "at home".
+Quote Post
Aesir
post Jul 3rd 2003, 2:41 AM
Post #32

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,811

QUOTE (Apis @ Jul 3 2003, 12:02 AM)
I didn't find this episode boring at all. I only wish that Seth didn't die so quickly he would make for some good action episodes "at home".

I disagree - I think this was great as a single episode and if they had Seth in any more episodes (especially if they were always on Earth) it would have spoiled his character.
+Quote Post
ramuund
post Jul 8th 2003, 2:48 PM
Post #33

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,871

yep i agree it is good to have a goa'uld that we can just turn up and distroy with out having to take two seasons too learn his character- a very good search and distroy! w00t.gif
+Quote Post
Emmyloo
post Jul 8th 2003, 2:56 PM
Post #34

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,745

QUOTE (Aesir @ Jul 3 2003, 02:41 AM)
QUOTE (Apis @ Jul 3 2003, 12:02 AM)
I didn't find this episode boring at all.  I only wish that Seth didn't die so quickly he would make for some good action episodes "at home".

I disagree - I think this was great as a single episode and if they had Seth in any more episodes (especially if they were always on Earth) it would have spoiled his character.

The episode was ok, but i didnt think that Seth had much personality about him. Mabye because it was only one ep to get to know him, but the guy just seemed boring compared to the other Goa'ulds.
+Quote Post
ramuund
post Jul 8th 2003, 3:02 PM
Post #35

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

if he could of been in other episodes it would of been fun to watch him turn people in to unics- i mean wouldn't it be great if colonel. maybourne just ahppened to get caught and was not recued in time before the snipping took place!!!!!!!! w00t.gif
+Quote Post
Daniel V
post Jul 21st 2003, 10:15 AM
Post #36

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,069

seth has to be one of the scariest goulds around apart from sokar but there both dead know so it dosent matter.
+Quote Post
Daniel V
post Jul 21st 2003, 10:16 AM
Post #37

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,069

Has enyone else noticed that seth looks really like the bloke who played Daniels father in the Gamekeeper Season 3
+Quote Post
Aesir
post Jul 21st 2003, 11:49 AM
Post #38

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,811

I didn't think that Seth was very scary at all. Maybe it's because he didn't really have any power, no real Jaffa, not much technology etc..

By the way, if you are the last to post in a thread and you want to post something more (or you just forgot to add something in your post), use the 'Edit' button instead of posting twice in a row... I notice that you've been double posting in several places - you're probably going to annoy a lot of people (including the moderators) if you keep it up.
+Quote Post
Spacen
post Jul 24th 2003, 12:10 PM
Post #39

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,105

QUOTE (ramuund @ Jul 8 2003, 03:02 PM)
if he could of been in other episodes it would of been fun to watch him turn people in to unics- i mean wouldn't it be great if colonel. maybourne just ahppened to get caught and was not recued in time before the snipping took place!!!!!!!! w00t.gif

I don't even want to think about that! I just want to see Maybourne punched really hard.
+Quote Post
SSG Ret
post Jul 24th 2003, 8:48 PM
Post #40

Captain
Group Icon

I'm with Jack on that subject. Let's shoot him instead.
+Quote Post
Spacen
post Jul 29th 2003, 9:37 PM
Post #41

Colonel
Group Icon

QUOTE (SSG Ret @ Jul 24 2003, 08:48 PM)
I'm with Jack on that subject. Let's shoot him instead.

Or beat the crap out of him. wink.gif
+Quote Post
French Carter
post Aug 8th 2003, 12:16 PM
Post #42

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,179

I just love the power that Sam has got when she uses the ribbon!
+Quote Post
SSG Ret
post Aug 8th 2003, 1:19 PM
Post #43

Captain
Group Icon

I don't think Sam loves it much. Did you see the look on her face afterwards?
+Quote Post
French Carter
post Aug 8th 2003, 2:01 PM
Post #44

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,179

QUOTE (SSG Ret @ Aug 8 2003, 01:19 PM)
I don't think Sam loves it much. Did you see the look on her face afterwards?

Yes I have seen, she is very astonished by the power of that and maybe dispointed by what she has done.
But, she will not cry because she has killed a Goau'ld!
+Quote Post
ramuund
post Aug 8th 2003, 4:48 PM
Post #45

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

my personel opinion is that she gave that look cause she killed something with a "power" inside her- she didn't like that in my opinion, thats why she doesn't use it more regulary.
+Quote Post
SSG Ret
post Aug 10th 2003, 8:11 PM
Post #46

Captain
Group Icon

I agree. I think the ribbon device generally gives her the creepy horrors. She will probably use it again if she has to, but won't if she has a choise. The healing device on the other hand is another matter. I would not be surprised if she carried one on missions, although I would be surprised if she uses it as anything but as a backup.
+Quote Post
Spacen
post Sep 18th 2003, 11:29 AM
Post #47

Colonel
Group Icon

QUOTE (SSG Ret @ Aug 10 2003, 08:11 PM)
I agree. I think the ribbon device generally gives her the creepy horrors. She will probably use it again if she has to, but won't if she has a choise. The healing device on the other hand is another matter. I would not be surprised if she carried one on missions, although I would be surprised if she uses it as anything but as a backup.

I think it is because she still can't control it like she wants to. Better to use a weapon you can control completely.
+Quote Post
SSG Ret
post Sep 23rd 2003, 9:49 AM
Post #48

Captain
Group Icon

That too, but I do think a weapon which you have to literally 'will' to kill someone would give any normal person the creepy horrors. Pulling a trigger is putting at once remove so to speak.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 19th 2014 - 10:50 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.