Guests cannot vote 
Blazingcomet
post Jun 30th 2003, 6:19 PM
Post #25

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,746

I think they can flirt just a little to keep things intersting. But not to the point where on of them would have to leave and loose perspective. They worl well together.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
French Carter
post Sep 26th 2003, 12:03 PM
Post #26

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,179

Jack/Sam = Flirt and more!! During the last seasons it was flirt, maybe we can have something stronger than we have before.
+Quote Post
OdinisThor'sDad
post Sep 26th 2003, 1:03 PM
Post #27

ASSgards are pussies!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 490

Flirt more...what the hell is this high school. unsure.gif
+Quote Post
Sam's_twin
post Sep 26th 2003, 4:03 PM
Post #28

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,189

Flirting is more fun when you increase the stakes by coming increasingly closer to "the line" where it is no longer "flirting." wink.gif cool.gif
+Quote Post
stargatefan2006
post Sep 28th 2003, 3:04 PM
Post #29

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,387

no because if they get caught they might get court marshaled
+Quote Post
peta44444
post Sep 30th 2003, 3:23 PM
Post #30

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,377

Ok, ok. I admit it. I am a Jack and Sam shipper. They make such a cute couple. So I obviously voted for them to flirt...and get a little serious. cloud9.gif

"It's my sidearm, I swear. No giggling."
+Quote Post
scullpell
post Sep 30th 2003, 3:46 PM
Post #31

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,359

smile.gif Flirting is needed!!!!! ohmy.gif It makes the whole thing better. They shouldn't do it constantly just one or two things per episode.

I'm a shipper really, but getting them together now won't be good! I'd like to have a last episode in which Sam finally agrees to go fishing with Jack. And that in a way where shippers can think of more and nonshippers see it as freindship!

I think that would be good! Hey I'm not asking for an X-Files ending. I think that would make too many people angry.

This post has been edited by scullpell: Sep 30th 2003, 3:47 PM
+Quote Post
Carter Look Alike
post Sep 30th 2003, 5:19 PM
Post #32

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,264

I think they should flirt their little selves until they cant flirt anymore....yes if its not noticeable im a hopefull shipper tongue.gif hypocrite.gif
+Quote Post
Ares
post Sep 30th 2003, 10:38 PM
Post #33

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 672

QUOTE (OdinisThor'sDad @ Sep 26 2003, 01:03 PM)
Flirt more...what the hell is this high school. unsure.gif

Crap, that's what it feels like this forum is turning into. All these stupid Jack and Sam topics keep me out of general discussion and the polls.

It's getting really annoying. mad.gif
+Quote Post
peta44444
post Oct 5th 2003, 10:27 PM
Post #34

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,377

This is for all you Jack and Sam shippers that think they should be more than friends....

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
P3g^5u5
post Oct 6th 2003, 2:29 PM
Post #35

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,300

Thanks for the pic.
I'm not a shipper, though I may not show it. And I couldn't help not post this pic from Ascfi defacing images...
It's still somewhat on topic because it deals with Jack and Sam. Other than that, it's just for those shippers out there:

Jack and Sam...say what?

+Quote Post
princessgater
post Oct 8th 2003, 8:12 AM
Post #36

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,447

YIPPIE 4 Sam & Jack.
they so should flirt more...maybe more but not anything to over the top as i can't see it working out
What I'm i saying...I better go and watch divide and conquer again. wub.gif
+Quote Post
MajorSam
post Oct 12th 2003, 3:10 PM
Post #37

Airman Basic

Member No.: 2,486

Flirt and get more serious! They've been flirting throughout the whole show, and it's great to watch! But they should start getting more serious, it's been 6 1/2 years, for cryin out loud!!! Either step up the flirting, or go beyond it wub.gif whistling.gif
+Quote Post
princessgater
post Oct 13th 2003, 6:13 AM
Post #38

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,447

QUOTE (Major Gmed @ Jun 24 2003, 01:53 PM)
The way it is just now is just natural, but if on the very last episode Jack was to walk up to Sam, put his arm around her and say something corny like "your place or mine" then I think that would be a good end to the whole will they or won't they plotline.

I agree with you, the level at the moment is natral and comfortble but the ending you came up with would be so cool. The funny thing is I can actually see that happening in my mind. whistling.gif (a very scary place).
Maybe we'll be lucky and we'll get some shippy episodes before the last episode cause that wait would just be way to long.

SAM & JACK ROCK
wub.gif
+Quote Post
Lord Sokar
post Oct 13th 2003, 6:54 AM
Post #39

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,483

I think that things should stay as they are, but perhaps "relight" the fire a bit more, because I think things have quitened down between them. It sort of creates an atmophere, that makes the relationship interesting.

Lord Sokar
ph34r.gif cool.gif ph34r.gif
+Quote Post
Major Sam Carter O'Neill
post Oct 13th 2003, 11:42 AM
Post #40

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,459

All the way thats what i say!!! As a hopeless shipper what else can i say , i uunderstand about the regulations of course but when the show ends i think it will be a huge dissapointment if it isnt mentioned or even acted upon i mean think of all those shippers out there!! cloud9.gif
+Quote Post
angelpuss
post Oct 14th 2003, 6:41 PM
Post #41

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,511

IT is time these two get together. They have flirted for almost 7 years. The problem is the military policy on no marriages/relationships between two persons within the SAME Command. Sam could go civilian and still be part of SG 1 and then would be free to have a relationship with Col ONeill. These two have been "in love" for quite awhile. Sam being with someone else would ruin the oversall effectiveness of the SG 1 team. The same is true for any relationship for Col O'Neill.
Besides Col ONeill is like a lost puppydog without Sam. rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
Aesir
post Oct 15th 2003, 4:23 AM
Post #42

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,811

QUOTE (angelpuss @ Oct 15 2003, 12:41 AM)
IT is time these two get together. They have flirted for almost 7 years. The problem is the military policy on no marriages/relationships between two persons within the SAME Command. Sam could go civilian and still be part of SG 1 and then would be free to have a relationship with Col ONeill. These two have been "in love" for quite awhile. Sam being with someone else would ruin the oversall effectiveness of the SG 1 team. The same is true for any relationship for Col O'Neill.

Even if Sam resigned and became a civilian working for the SGC, I would think that the Air Force would frown about putting her and Jack on the same team if they were involved. I believe the only plausible option would be to assign them to different comamnds so that he's not her commanding officer or even in the same chain of command. This would make the relationship possible, but I would still say it's a bad idea.

As for Sam or Jack having a relationship with anyone but each other... well it's happened before, for both of them. Admittedly Sam's guys always die or leave and Jack hasn't had much luck either.

*SEASON 7 SPOILER* (highlight to read)
However in the second half of season 7 we are going to see Sam get a boyfriend that doesn't die. It sure will be interesting to see how it affects Sam and Jack's relationship, but they are both professionals and I don't think it would really affect their work too much
+Quote Post
angelpuss
post Oct 15th 2003, 1:49 PM
Post #43

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE (Aesir @ Oct 15 2003, 04:23 AM)
QUOTE (angelpuss @ Oct 15 2003, 12:41 AM)
IT is time these two get together. They have flirted for almost 7 years.  The problem is the military policy on no marriages/relationships between two persons within the SAME Command.  Sam could go civilian and still be part of SG 1 and then would be free to have a relationship with Col ONeill.  These two have been "in love" for quite awhile.  Sam being with someone else would ruin the oversall effectiveness of the SG 1 team. The same is true for any relationship for Col O'Neill.

Even if Sam resigned and became a civilian working for the SGC, I would think that the Air Force would frown about putting her and Jack on the same team if they were involved. I believe the only plausible option would be to assign them to different comamnds so that he's not her commanding officer or even in the same chain of command. This would make the relationship possible, but I would still say it's a bad idea.

As for Sam or Jack having a relationship with anyone but each other... well it's happened before, for both of them. Admittedly Sam's guys always die or leave and Jack hasn't had much luck either.

*SEASON 7 SPOILER* (highlight to read)
However in the second half of season 7 we are going to see Sam get a boyfriend that doesn't die. It sure will be interesting to see how it affects Sam and Jack's relationship, but they are both professionals and I don't think it would really affect their work too much

It is true that the military frowns upon married couples serving in the same chain of command. Usual reason being that they are concerned that offspring will lose two parents instead of one; however, it does occur within the military. At least it did twenty years ago. They try to avoid this problem but it is sometimes unavoidable. Jack being her superior officer is a bigger problem because of the "appearance of improprity" ; however, to date he has not shown favoritism in regards to Sam and he loves her. What difference does a ring and a piece of paper make. The military solution to having two parents in the military is to sign legal guardianship of children to a friend or close relative in case of deployment or worse case scenerio (loss of both parents). Physical and legal custody of the children remains with the military parents unless both are deployed.
+Quote Post
Cynical_Coat
post Oct 16th 2003, 10:46 AM
Post #44

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,669

I'm gonna get slammed for this...
I don't think they should flirt more. I think they should let it go. They can't get together unless one of them leaves SG-1 and the military, and that's the last thing you guys want, right? No more Sam, or no more Jack? That's a decision none of us want to make. So I think they should let it go. They're only hurting themselves.
+Quote Post
angelpuss
post Oct 16th 2003, 6:35 PM
Post #45

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

IT is NOT true that one of them has to leave the SG-1. In the military you can be within the same command;however, you can not be within the same unit.

Example My husband and I were both in Health Services Command; however, we were not in the same unit. In other words one of them can change SG teams. Col Oneil would then not have amy impact as a whole on Sam's evaluations.
+Quote Post
Aesir
post Oct 17th 2003, 6:42 AM
Post #46

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,811

QUOTE (angelpuss @ Oct 17 2003, 12:35 AM)
IT is NOT true that one of them has to leave the SG-1. In the military you can be within the same command;however, you can not be within the same unit.

Example My husband and I were both in Health Services Command; however, we were not in the same unit. In other words one of them can change SG teams. Col Oneil would then not have amy impact as a whole on Sam's evaluations.

I'm not and never have been in the military, but I've heard two different views on this, one being that it would be Ok as long as Jack wasn't her commanding officer (therefore changing teams would make it acceptable, but still frowned upon) and another being that you must be in a different chain of command, meaning that while they are both still in the SGC under General Hammond it's not acceptable.

You say you were both in 'Health Services', was that under the same chain or command or different chains of command doing a similar thing?
+Quote Post
angelpuss
post Oct 17th 2003, 7:15 AM
Post #47

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Technically we were in the same chain of command. Example everyone in the military has the same commander and chief...The President.

My husband and I had at the very top of the chain ... the commanding General of Health Services. however, we had different military occupational skills (MOS), therefore, we were in different units or under different service. My commanding officer was totally different from his commanding officer. We had no impact on each others evaluation, etc. Although I out ranked by husband we were both enlisted NCO's. Problems sometimes arise if an officer is married to an officer but
even this also occurs. It is frowned upon but it does happen and you will not be courtmartialed for it. They will probably transfer you to another military post; however, with proper paperwork that hass been approved they must attempt to keep married couples within a 50 mile radius of each other. When I was active duty my NCOIC (NCO In CHarge) was an E-8 who was at one time a O-3 (Captain).

During Vietman he was critically wounded and althouigh he was still medically OK to be in military. He was not OK to be in an infantry unit. He was married to another Captain who was an RN with the medical command. In order to stay in the military and complete his 30 years to retirement he was offered to stay in but
change MOS. He would go in the medical field which required retraining and took
a reduction in rank. He and his wife were both in Health Services Command. He was enlisted. She was an officer. When he retired from the Army he received the retirement pay of an O-3 because it was his highest rank obtained.

As you can see there are many way to circumvent regulations without breaking regulations. These regulations are there for specific reason; however, the military is aware that human beings can not alway predetermine all the events in their life. The military is a highly organized and often protective body that works as a team therefore it is important to feel that there is no discrimination, no favoritism and nothing that can prevent you from working as a team. In many ways the people in your unit is your second family. Unless you have been in the military it is often difficult to understand. Your life and well being my depend on the soldier next to you....
+Quote Post
angelpuss
post Oct 17th 2003, 7:18 AM
Post #48

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

correction to the previous message...problems sometime arise when an officer is married to an enlisted personal. sorry..
+Quote Post

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 26th 2014 - 2:06 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.