Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> News Info

You can always read the latest 20 news stories at: www.sg1archive.com/news

Tip: Receive the latest Stargate news via email by subscribing to this forum.

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SyFy Channel Cancels Stargate Universe
KillerMarv
post Jan 14th 2011, 3:47 AM
Post #25

Major General
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(Shylodog @ Jan 13th 2011, 7:11 PM) *

Aw. It's too bad if you can't get V. My best friend in boot camp is one of the executive producers for the show, and it's pretty freaking awesome! (Especially with Morena Baccarin in it!!!!) biggrin.gif

I am watching V and The Event. I said it before... biggrin.gif

I am not watching and don't have the time for No Ordinary Family, Hawaii 5-0, V, Fringe... rolleyes.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Jan 15th 2011, 1:23 PM
Post #26

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Jan 14th 2011, 8:47 AM) *

I am watching V and The Event. I said it before... biggrin.gif

I am not watching and don't have the time for No Ordinary Family, Hawaii 5-0, V, Fringe... rolleyes.gif

How is 'The Event' anyway? Wasn't sure whether to watch it or not, as all the adverts seemed purposefully vague (and I get why). But it made it hard to tell whether it was something worth watching or not. And it could be the sort of show that just comes off as kinda...pretentious.

And V I saw the first two episodes, meant to watch the third just haven't got round to it yet tongue.gif

Also, Mallozzi says that 'things are looking positive' for Universe last time I heard, so maybe something will happen. But they said that about Atlantis with the film as well.

But overall, I think Universe made a number of mistakes which cost it. There were some really interesting episodes, but they were bundled in with too many unnecessary stuff early on, like the constant 'Earth body swapping' stuff. (Sometimes it works, but only in episodes where there is a genuine reason for them going to Earth, like when Rush was trying to find out if Telford was a spy, otherwise it was pointless). Too much random and seemingly unconnected character moments often unrelated to the plot. The show found a better balance in season 2, but the show had established itself with audiences by that point and many had stopped watching.
We'll see what happens...
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Jan 18th 2011, 10:13 AM
Post #27

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Jan 15th 2011, 9:23 PM) *

How is 'The Event' anyway? Wasn't sure whether to watch it or not, as all the adverts seemed purposefully vague (and I get why). But it made it hard to tell whether it was something worth watching or not. And it could be the sort of show that just comes off as kinda...pretentious.

And V I saw the first two episodes, meant to watch the third just haven't got round to it yet tongue.gif

Also, Mallozzi says that 'things are looking positive' for Universe last time I heard, so maybe something will happen. But they said that about Atlantis with the film as well.

But overall, I think Universe made a number of mistakes which cost it. There were some really interesting episodes, but they were bundled in with too many unnecessary stuff early on, like the constant 'Earth body swapping' stuff. (Sometimes it works, but only in episodes where there is a genuine reason for them going to Earth, like when Rush was trying to find out if Telford was a spy, otherwise it was pointless). Too much random and seemingly unconnected character moments often unrelated to the plot. The show found a better balance in season 2, but the show had established itself with audiences by that point and many had stopped watching.
We'll see what happens...

Oh, The Event has a certain degree of espionage and counter-espionage feeling to it. For now, everything is pretty well setup, although action seems to be evolving pretty slow. The science fiction idea behind it sounds pretty intriguing, although, the aliens present in the series don't look very alien. I like it and I am willing to recommend it for now, although nobody knows very sure if a series is worth watching until at least the second season. Lost was recommended to me only after two full seasons.

Hoping for the best in our beloved Stargate franchise. Maybe things can be improved soon.

This post has been edited by KillerMarv: Jan 18th 2011, 10:14 AM
+Quote Post
willlar
post Feb 2nd 2011, 9:17 PM
Post #28

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 76,058

I think that your site is very interesting and nice. Good job !
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Feb 8th 2011, 10:27 PM
Post #29

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Jan 18th 2011, 7:13 AM) *

Oh, The Event has a certain degree of espionage and counter-espionage feeling to it. For now, everything is pretty well setup, although action seems to be evolving pretty slow. The science fiction idea behind it sounds pretty intriguing, although, the aliens present in the series don't look very alien. I like it and I am willing to recommend it for now, although nobody knows very sure if a series is worth watching until at least the second season. Lost was recommended to me only after two full seasons.

Hoping for the best in our beloved Stargate franchise. Maybe things can be improved soon.

I totally forgot that The Event existed. I need to figure out when it's coming back. I enjoyed it so far. I'm intrigued to learn more about the aliens.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Feb 14th 2011, 10:28 AM
Post #30

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

I'm probably repeating a lot what has already been said. I'm not really suprised the show was cancelled. Season 1 was a chore for me to watch and that didnt really change until around a quarter of the way through season 2. I started to get into the show after that point.
It's a shame the show was cancelled but TPTB clearly went in a different direction to SG1 and Atlantis.
There really isnt much on TV that interests me at the moment. Im waiting for season 3 of Sons of Anarchy to start over here, alog with season 2 of V and season 2 of The Walking Dead. Though im rewatching Galactica reruns on Sky now.
+Quote Post
Happy Hopping
post Feb 28th 2011, 3:33 AM
Post #31

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,501

I am not remotely surprise and quite frankly, glad this show is over. There is nothing there. SG1 is excellent, Atlantis is average, the problem w/ Atlantis is that the formula hasn't change, the enemy's face is different, but essentially the same story.

SGU is well below average. They change the formula, which is good, but it's a bunch of fly by night actors/actresses w/ a ship that gives me the impression that they're on a sight seeing tour. The writers made these actors/actresses a bunch of angry people pissing at ea. other, not much to look forward to on that aspect.

So there isn't a lot to look forward to in the series, having said that, it's still better than Battlestar galactica or caprica.

+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Mar 11th 2011, 11:17 PM
Post #32

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Feb 14th 2011, 7:28 AM) *

I'm probably repeating a lot what has already been said. I'm not really suprised the show was cancelled. Season 1 was a chore for me to watch and that didnt really change until around a quarter of the way through season 2. I started to get into the show after that point.
It's a shame the show was cancelled but TPTB clearly went in a different direction to SG1 and Atlantis.
There really isnt much on TV that interests me at the moment. Im waiting for season 3 of Sons of Anarchy to start over here, alog with season 2 of V and season 2 of The Walking Dead. Though im rewatching Galactica reruns on Sky now.

It's interesting to me that you're not watching much on TV. I find myself watching move shows than I ever have, and I'm going to the movies far less. For the first time ever, I'm watching 4 networks, plus cable. Instead of just cable and fox.
+Quote Post
WriterAngel2
post Mar 30th 2011, 5:04 PM
Post #33

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 92,865

I just hope that they will be able to create another Stargate series, since Stargate is MGM's flagship series. This one goes down in the sci-fi history books. SG-1 is the second longest running sci-fi series of all time, behind Dr. Who. I really hope that they can continue their tradition of Stargate. With a show like that, there are so many possibilities.

RIP Stargate Universe
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Apr 22nd 2011, 4:05 PM
Post #34

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Mar 12th 2011, 5:17 AM) *

It's interesting to me that you're not watching much on TV. I find myself watching move shows than I ever have, and I'm going to the movies far less. For the first time ever, I'm watching 4 networks, plus cable. Instead of just cable and fox.

I guess with my job working outdoors, im not all that interested in sitting down watching TV for any length of time. There are a lot of shows I've just stopped watching even though I used to watch them every week e.g. all the CSIs. There a few new shows Im now watching - the Spatacus prequel and A Game of Thrones.
Im watching more movies now but like you dont watch them in the cinema all that often - mainly because its damn expensive.
Im more into reading now. Its not very often I can just sit and watch a tv show, I usually have to read at the same time.
+Quote Post
StillLoveJeffWebber
post May 12th 2012, 3:23 PM
Post #35

Airman Basic

Member No.: 2,122

Just Sayin'

Glad this is still here!!!
biggrin.gif
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 26th 2014 - 7:31 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.