post Nov 3rd 2010, 11:16 PM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Season 2, Episode 9 - Visitation
Air Date: (US) November 23, 2010

Members of the crew left behind in another galaxy make a shocking return to Destiny.

(This topic is for people who have seen the episode to discuss it. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read this topic.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Reignfire
post Nov 24th 2010, 12:48 AM
Post #2

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,640

It didn't occur to me at first, but this is a very dark episode. We find out the people left on the planet died, rather horribly at that, then get resurrected just to die again, Greer promises to put Chloe down and TJ's hopes get crushed. At least they get a mint condition shuttle and the knowledge that those advanced aliens are still out there (Furlings? kidding 1.gif).
+Quote Post
TheCordler
post Nov 24th 2010, 9:14 AM
Post #3

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,086

i like how they non-chalantly inputed through Col. Young that they already discovered that Destiny hacked her mind to convince her of her baby's miscarriage he sounded confident when he told her, like they went through the logs of the Destiny Dream simulator.

What i loved about the episode:

GREER!! another reason i love his character so much, this guy has me clinging to his scenes, being able to lock box his emotions and be the ROCK that supports the others, even when he wishes he couldn't.

Rush putting Kane in his place, look good preacher, you keep preaching, i know of god and religion, don't press your views over mine! You can fully believe God saved you and did this, i can fully believe he's too powerful to go half-way, god doesn't make mistakes but advanced races always do!

Kane surviving in the end, this will make this man sooo unstable now.

more insight into the Aliens, while advanced enought to create a solar system and planet, instant move objects through space, not good enough to replicate living bodies past their death date akin to A.I. where despite being able to clone the body, when the soul has passed and the internal cosmic timeline is done the body will always die again.

loved the robot working on the destiny bio dome area, bout time.

loved that while brief and short, Rush's fear that no one wants to follow destiny's mission is true, as Brody, James, and Random guy 3 were like who cares about this older than time data being collected which made him sigh and take his toy to another room.

Things i didn't Like:

The shuttle return, i hate the cheap way they got another shuttle for use, like the entire story was nn excuse for TPTB to undo their mistake in destroying the other one. Lame writing to me, but honeslty i wouldn't trust using the shuttle knowing that all the life forms reverted to their natural state they were found in over time, meaning that at any moment it's possible for the shutt to become a PoS.

Chloe, i really want this awkward mutation thing to end!
+Quote Post
Shylodog
post Nov 24th 2010, 1:13 PM
Post #4

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,463

QUOTE(TheCordler @ Nov 24th 2010, 6:14 AM) *

Kane surviving in the end, this will make this man sooo unstable now.

I essentially agree with all of the points you've made except this one. I didn't think Kane lived. I thought we saw his last moments.

OR...

Was it the fact that the flash took place before he died?

Now I'm mildly confused. huh.gif

But that won't stop me from lovin' this show! cool.gif
+Quote Post
StarFighter
post Nov 27th 2010, 8:31 AM
Post #5

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,924

QUOTE(Shylodog @ Nov 24th 2010, 1:13 PM) *

I essentially agree with all of the points you've made except this one. I didn't think Kane lived. I thought we saw his last moments.

OR...

Was it the fact that the flash took place before he died?

Now I'm mildly confused. huh.gif

But that won't stop me from lovin' this show! cool.gif

I didn't realize that until the poster mentioned it. I think Kane may have lived since according to the kino the "flash" occurred while Kane was still alive.

I gotta say that I did not like this episode. So we encountered a race that is so powerful that they could rebuild humans, ships AND instantly transport them to another galaxy? As mentioned it seemed like a way to get the shuttle back.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Nov 28th 2010, 8:34 PM
Post #6

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

This episode was intersting. I agree with most of what was said. I think Kane lived, as he was alive when the flash occurred.

I certainly think that this was a way to get a shuttle back. It will be important in upcoming episodes.

I don't think the aliens rebuilt or cloned knew bodies for everyone. It seems to me more like they used some sort of rewind on the their existing bodies. Taking them back to a time just before they died.

It really sucks that the aliens instead of back to Earth, since that seems like it should have also been in their power.
+Quote Post
TheCordler
post Nov 29th 2010, 8:51 AM
Post #7

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,086

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Nov 28th 2010, 8:34 PM) *

This episode was intersting. I agree with most of what was said. I think Kane lived, as he was alive when the flash occurred.

I certainly think that this was a way to get a shuttle back. It will be important in upcoming episodes.

I don't think the aliens rebuilt or cloned knew bodies for everyone. It seems to me more like they used some sort of rewind on the their existing bodies. Taking them back to a time just before they died.

It really sucks that the aliens instead of back to Earth, since that seems like it should have also been in their power.

again even if this was the case, i wonder how long the shuttle has until it's number is up and it reverts to it's found state.
+Quote Post
BigusDickus
post Nov 29th 2010, 1:12 PM
Post #8

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,661

But maybe because the shuttle isnt made up from organic material then it wont revert. Its just like putting a new engine in a car and give it a paint job, good as new ^.^
If you think, the aliens found the humans dead so their cells had already started to break down. So the only DNA they had to go by was from their current state. Even though they managed to bring them back to life, their cells were already dead so they wouldnt last long before they broke down again.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Nov 30th 2010, 5:53 AM
Post #9

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(BigusDickus @ Nov 29th 2010, 10:12 AM) *

But maybe because the shuttle isnt made up from organic material then it wont revert. Its just like putting a new engine in a car and give it a paint job, good as new ^.^
If you think, the aliens found the humans dead so their cells had already started to break down. So the only DNA they had to go by was from their current state. Even though they managed to bring them back to life, their cells were already dead so they wouldnt last long before they broke down again.

I totally agree with this. The ship is inorganic, so there shouldn't be any reason for it to break down. Of course if it did, then it wouldn't be a very good plot device would it?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 23rd 2014 - 6:53 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.