post Nov 3rd 2010, 11:14 PM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Season 2, Episode 7 - The Greater Good
Air Date: (US) November 9, 2010

Young and Rush are trapped on an abandoned alien ship, while Destiny is stranded in deep space. Rush continues to refuse to divulge his secret.

(This topic is for people who have seen the episode to discuss it. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read this topic.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Shylodog
post Nov 10th 2010, 2:25 PM
Post #2

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,463

QUOTE(Arcady @ Nov 3rd 2010, 8:14 PM) *

Season 2, Episode 7 - The Greater Good
Air Date: (US) November 9, 2010

Young and Rush are trapped on an abandoned alien ship, while Destiny is stranded in deep space. Rush continues to refuse to divulge his secret.
(This topic is for people who have seen the episode to discuss it. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read this topic.)

I really liked this episode. They finally addressed the issue of someone 'using' someone else's body, and the effect it has on others. Nice.

I really don't like that Lucian Alliance fella. He sooooooo needs to be airlocked. And knowing how he is, why do they always put a 'redshirt' on him to keep track of him? You just KNEW he would break away.

I thought it was funny towards the end when you see everyone having taken their positions on the bridge. Like they were finally able to act out their wildest nerdy Star Trek fantasies... lol I was waiting for Young to tell Ely, "Out of the chair!"

In regards to the abandoned ship, what style did that look like? Did it look like Destiny, or some other race we've seen? It seems like that 'eyeball' porthole is sooooo familiar.
+Quote Post
StarFighter
post Nov 11th 2010, 11:21 AM
Post #3

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,924

This episode was good for advancing the story. It is now known that Rush gained control of the ship and kept it from everyone. It is also known that Rush has no interest in returning home. So at this point I don't see how anyone could trust him.

We have more info about Destiny's mission. From what I understood Destiny was launched to get to the epicenter of the big bang because hidden information was found in the background radiation. Something about finding out what or who created our universe.

The only thing that bothers me about that is if it is so important why didn't the Ancients ever follow up on it? I still struggle with how this show makes Destiny and its information the ultimate in tech. The tech and info on Atlantis is far greater yet this show tries to make Destiny the must have ship.

I agree about that Lucian Alliance guy. I would have dropped him on a planet a long time ago.

This post has been edited by StarFighter: Nov 11th 2010, 11:23 AM
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Nov 12th 2010, 1:47 PM
Post #4

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

I liked this episode. I've been craving information for a while, and finally we got a bunch of it.

QUOTE(StarFighter @ Nov 11th 2010, 8:21 AM) *
This episode was good for advancing the story. It is now known that Rush gained control of the ship and kept it from everyone. It is also known that Rush has no interest in returning home. So at this point I don't see how anyone could trust him.

We have more info about Destiny's mission. From what I understood Destiny was launched to get to the epicenter of the big bang because hidden information was found in the background radiation. Something about finding out what or who created our universe.

That's pretty much what I understood. The Ancients found the signature of the creator of the universe and so they went to track them down.

I liked this episode. I've been craving information for a while, and finally we got a bunch of it.

The only thing that bothers me about that is if it is so important why didn't the Ancients ever follow up on it? I still struggle with how this show makes Destiny and its information the ultimate in tech. The tech and info on Atlantis is far greater yet this show tries to make Destiny the must have ship.

I don't think the Ancients needed to follow-up on it, because they learned to ascend. Once they made it to that higher plane of existence, all of that information was available to them. I don't think they tried to make Destiny the must have ship. When they went through the gate, they had no idea where they would end up. Now they're on the ship and it is what is it. Less advanced than what they're used to, but at the same time, more advanced than any current Earth technology.

I agree about that Lucian Alliance guy. I would have dropped him on a planet a long time ago.
+Quote Post
TheCordler
post Nov 17th 2010, 9:44 AM
Post #5

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,086

It was nice to finally get some info on what the destiny was built for, but i wonder how the destiny goes about collecting or decrypting the information of the universe, and is the process covert or overt. I would love to see the entire ship shut down for a small amount of time while it decrypts the universal code of universe 121.

i figure that it was this background cosmic radiation that split the Ancients into religion vs science before leaving their Alterra. Seems that something had to start the religion/ascension ideology and i wonder if this was the event, discovering that a message was written into teh universe as a whole, was it from God or was it form another advanced being.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Nov 19th 2010, 11:33 PM
Post #6

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCordler @ Nov 17th 2010, 6:44 AM) *

It was nice to finally get some info on what the destiny was built for, but i wonder how the destiny goes about collecting or decrypting the information of the universe, and is the process covert or overt. I would love to see the entire ship shut down for a small amount of time while it decrypts the universal code of universe 121.

i figure that it was this background cosmic radiation that split the Ancients into religion vs science before leaving their Alterra. Seems that something had to start the religion/ascension ideology and i wonder if this was the event, discovering that a message was written into teh universe as a whole, was it from God or was it form another advanced being.

Well, our society is split into science vs religion vs neither vs both, and I don't think we've needed to discover anything on that level. I think that as the level they are describing, God and their advanced being could be one in the same. A being that existed before space-time I mean.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Nov 21st 2010, 6:26 PM
Post #7

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

Another good episode, nice to finally see what Destiny's true mision is. This episode also showed how over inflated Eli's ego is. He takes it upon himself to read private messages and insert himself where his not wanted or needed. He storms into the bridge yelling what is going on and tries to take control of the ship. This proves that Rush's actions hiding the fact that he could access the bridge and the ship's systems was the right course to take. The sooner Eli is shot, dumped on a plante or eaten by an alien the better.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Nov 23rd 2010, 5:40 PM
Post #8

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Nov 21st 2010, 3:26 PM) *

Another good episode, nice to finally see what Destiny's true mision is. This episode also showed how over inflated Eli's ego is. He takes it upon himself to read private messages and insert himself where his not wanted or needed. He storms into the bridge yelling what is going on and tries to take control of the ship. This proves that Rush's actions hiding the fact that he could access the bridge and the ship's systems was the right course to take. The sooner Eli is shot, dumped on a plante or eaten by an alien the better.

I didn't think that it was odd for Eli to snoop, because young had previously asked him to keep an eye on Rush. I found it odd that the other doctor was so willing go along with his plot.
+Quote Post
Reignfire
post Nov 24th 2010, 1:16 AM
Post #9

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,640

The name of the ship makes sense now. For someone as advanced as the Ancients to call something Destiny would have to be pretty important. Also, now we know why those short aliens ended up on the seeding ship, their ship got smashed up somehow.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 19th 2014 - 12:15 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.