post Sep 30th 2010, 9:45 AM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Season 2, Episode 3 - Awakening
Air Date: (US) October 12, 2010

The crew encounters a ship remarkably similar to Destiny, which may hold the key to their returning home.

(This topic is for people who have seen the episode to discuss it. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read this topic.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Shylodog
post Oct 13th 2010, 4:27 PM
Post #2

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,463

This was a fun episode. I liked how they encountered another race that was not unlike the blue-man-group they encountered before. Sucks to be Telford, but I'm certain we'll see him again. And Rush? Yeah, everyone's got their suspicions now.
+Quote Post
Hazaa3000
post Oct 13th 2010, 5:44 PM
Post #3

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,412

Good episode but ruined by the last minute of emotional clips. Yawn!
Telford is either going to get a good probing or he's gonna make some powerful friends - I guess we'll see him in the series finale? Saving the day or something?
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Oct 13th 2010, 9:49 PM
Post #4

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

I kinda liked this episode. i knew they weren't going to get to go home, but it was in such a jacked up way. I expected the gate to connect, and some people to make it home and then for them to get cut off, and to have to let the Lucian alliance out in order to help.

Telford is on a ship filled with stargates, I'm sure he will gate into Destiny before too long.
+Quote Post
jacksworld
post Oct 17th 2010, 6:18 PM
Post #5

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,030

I am going to make a theory if you will. Could be way off, but its a fun and interesting idea. Perhaps the aliens found on that ship were meant to be on there? They hibernate in those things in case something happens like, alien beiings getting on baord, or trouble with the gates being created or sent to planets? This way Telford says alive, and in the process gains allies through these things?
+Quote Post
StarFighter
post Oct 19th 2010, 6:02 AM
Post #6

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,924

QUOTE(jacksworld @ Oct 17th 2010, 7:18 PM) *

I am going to make a theory if you will. Could be way off, but its a fun and interesting idea. Perhaps the aliens found on that ship were meant to be on there? They hibernate in those things in case something happens like, alien beiings getting on baord, or trouble with the gates being created or sent to planets? This way Telford says alive, and in the process gains allies through these things?

I don't think the aliens are suppose to be there. I figure they boarded the seeder ship like the other alien race tried to do with Destiny. Maybe those two alien races are at war and each is attempting to acquire Ancient technology.

I'm sort of bored with where this show is going. The story arcs seem to be moving along slowly and some seem to just vanish.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Nov 21st 2010, 6:09 PM
Post #7

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

The one thing I dont understand is why the two races we've seen so far seem to want what is aboard the Ancient ships. It would be different if the Ancients had colonised the galaxies but Destiny and the seeding ships are just passing through. First the blue aliens want to control destiny and now the short aliens want something aboard the seeding ship. I dont find it all that believable.

Theres no doubt Telford will return. I guess TPTB had to somehow make his a recurring character rather than a regular.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Nov 23rd 2010, 5:23 PM
Post #8

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Nov 21st 2010, 3:09 PM) *

The one thing I dont understand is why the two races we've seen so far seem to want what is aboard the Ancient ships. It would be different if the Ancients had colonised the galaxies but Destiny and the seeding ships are just passing through. First the blue aliens want to control destiny and now the short aliens want something aboard the seeding ship. I dont find it all that believable.

Theres no doubt Telford will return. I guess TPTB had to somehow make his a recurring character rather than a regular.

I thought the same thing about the aliens. Why would they want that old technology?
+Quote Post
Shylodog
post Nov 23rd 2010, 5:48 PM
Post #9

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,463

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Nov 23rd 2010, 2:23 PM) *

I thought the same thing about the aliens. Why would they want that old technology?

Well, remember what Thor once said. Even at the pinnacle of their technological advancement, the Asgard still could only scratch the surface of Ancient technology.

Old Ancient tech is still better than most of the advanced races' tech, most likely.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Nov 24th 2010, 8:33 AM
Post #10

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shylodog @ Nov 23rd 2010, 2:48 PM) *

Well, remember what Thor once said. Even at the pinnacle of their technological advancement, the Asgard still could only scratch the surface of Ancient technology.

Old Ancient tech is still better than most of the advanced races' tech, most likely.

I remember that. It's a great point. And what if the aliens figured that the Acients discovered the signal? Perhaps they want the ship for the same reason that Rush does.
+Quote Post
TheCordler
post Nov 24th 2010, 8:52 AM
Post #11

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,086

well seeing as destiny is collecting and most likely decyrpting the Background cosmic energy for over a million years and countless galaxies, it has at this point more data about the message before creation. That may be what the aliens find in value with the Destiny.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Dec 11th 2010, 2:40 PM
Post #12

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(Shylodog @ Nov 23rd 2010, 10:48 PM) *

I was thinking more along the lines of the contact the Ancients had with the races. From what I remember, the blue aliens hadnt set foot on Destiny and its jumps out of hyperspace were pretty short. It just doesnt seem to make much sense that they would desperately want a ship they dont know much about.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 26th 2014 - 11:02 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.