post Sep 30th 2010, 9:44 AM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Season 2, Episode 2 - Aftermath
Air Date: (US) October 5, 2010

Desperate for food and water, Rush directs the ship to a planet that has been locked out of Destiny's controls. Young and Wray clash over how far to trust the Lucian prisoners.

(This topic is for people who have seen the episode to discuss it. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read this topic.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Oct 6th 2010, 11:20 PM
Post #2

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,251

This was an interesting episode. A lot of time giving to Riley, who I thought was a minor character. That scene at the end was very difficult to watch. I never thought they would just kick the Lucian Alliance off the ship.

I'm very tired of Rush. He's out of control with his behavior. Inevitably someone will figure out that he's wrong and it will all come crashing down.
+Quote Post
Shylodog
post Oct 7th 2010, 9:58 AM
Post #3

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,463

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Oct 6th 2010, 9:20 PM) *

I'm very tired of Rush. He's out of control with his behavior. Inevitably someone will figure out that he's wrong and it will all come crashing down.

Most likely, he'll do something amazing that benefits everyone on the ship, and that will tip his hand. But no matter what he does, the others will surely crucify him for it.
+Quote Post
BigusDickus
post Oct 7th 2010, 2:38 PM
Post #4

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,661

Wow that last scene with riley made me cry! I know I couldnt have suffocated him like that. I dont see why they just didnt give him a gun though. If he was gonna die at least noone would have a guilty concience then :/.

I wish rush would just tell the others about him being able to control the ship to a certain degree now. With other help they could control the whole ship. But then again where would be the story in that :/
+Quote Post
Reignfire
post Oct 12th 2010, 7:27 PM
Post #5

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,640

Since we never figured out what exactly happened to Franklin, when Rush's wife turned into him I thought maybe he did ascend and was trying to manipulate Rush. It wouldn't be the first time ascended beings have taken other people's forms.

It doesn't surprise me they kicked off the Lucian Alliance, easiest way to get rid of the extras. whistling.gif Now they can just focus on the guest stars (aka those on the list).

I agree, suffocating Riley was a bit odd.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Oct 13th 2010, 9:54 PM
Post #6

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Reignfire @ Oct 12th 2010, 5:27 PM) *

Since we never figured out what exactly happened to Franklin, when Rush's wife turned into him I thought maybe he did ascend and was trying to manipulate Rush. It wouldn't be the first time ascended beings have taken other people's forms.

It doesn't surprise me they kicked off the Lucian Alliance, easiest way to get rid of the extras. whistling.gif Now they can just focus on the guest stars (aka those on the list).

I agree, suffocating Riley was a bit odd.

Yeah, I think they will focus of Teabag, The redhead and the leader guy. The rest of them will be extras which will just be around for convenience.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Oct 17th 2010, 11:51 AM
Post #7

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

A strange episode. Young is becoming unhinged. he could easily have given Riley a gun but to suffocate him was purely sadistic.
The majority of the Lucian Alliance being left on the planet was no suprise, they were unnessecary extras.
The only good character is Rush. He can see how unbalanced Young is and how the civilians and military would fight over control of Destiny. He did what was right in order to save those crashed on the planet, no matter that he didnt tell the others he could control the ship.
I can guess what they found at the end of the episode too.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Oct 19th 2010, 8:17 PM
Post #8

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Oct 17th 2010, 9:51 AM) *

A strange episode. Young is becoming unhinged. he could easily have given Riley a gun but to suffocate him was purely sadistic.
The majority of the Lucian Alliance being left on the planet was no suprise, they were unnessecary extras.
The only good character is Rush. He can see how unbalanced Young is and how the civilians and military would fight over control of Destiny. He did what was right in order to save those crashed on the planet, no matter that he didnt tell the others he could control the ship.
I can guess what they found at the end of the episode too.

I think he couldn't give him the gun, because of the questions the others would have had. It's evidence that he allowed him to kill himself which of course is not allowed.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 18th 2014 - 12:38 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.