post Sep 28th 2010, 10:22 PM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Season 2, Episode 1 - Intervention
Air Date: (US) September 28, 2010

Colonel Everett and the crew continue to clash with the Lucian Alliance soldiers over control of the Destiny.

(This topic is for people who have seen the episode to discuss it. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read this topic.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Sep 29th 2010, 12:05 AM
Post #2

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,251

I almost forgot that I was waiting for this show to come back.

I think we all knew that there wasn't going to be a baby on this ship. That just wasn't reasonable for the show.

Now there's room for a larger dynamic with the Lucian Alliance there. Similar to having the Athosians on Atlantis.

Robert Knepper is popping up everywhere. His character Simeon might be trouble later.
+Quote Post
Shylodog
post Sep 29th 2010, 10:09 AM
Post #3

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,463

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Sep 28th 2010, 10:05 PM) *

I almost forgot that I was waiting for this show to come back.

I think we all knew that there wasn't going to be a baby on this ship. That just wasn't reasonable for the show.

Now there's room for a larger dynamic with the Lucian Alliance there. Similar to having the Athosians on Atlantis.

Robert Knepper is popping up everywhere. His character Simeon might be trouble later.

» Click to Show Spoiler «
+Quote Post
Reignfire
post Sep 29th 2010, 8:00 PM
Post #4

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,640

I have to admit I forgot about this forum until this morning. whistling.gif

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Sep 29th 2010, 12:05 AM) *

This situation gave me a flashback to the first episode of Star Trek: Voyager where the Voyager and Maquis crews were stuck on the farside of the galaxy and joined together to survive.

QUOTE(Shylodog @ Sep 29th 2010, 10:09 AM) *

I'm not going for ascension yet, being a new species who knows what kind of abilities they have. As for the whole "it would appear differently to everyone else", I took it differently. I don't think he was referring to the child, but the whole visit. She would be the only one to believe her time on the planet actually happened and everyone else would only think it was a dream or delusion. And for Cloe, maybe something to do with her time with the blue aliens? Too early to tell at this point.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Oct 3rd 2010, 5:04 PM
Post #5

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Shylodog @ Sep 29th 2010, 8:09 AM) *

Yes, I was thinking about that. I thought ascension for sure. I thought the people took the baby to save it's life.

QUOTE(Reignfire @ Sep 29th 2010, 6:00 PM) *

I have to admit I forgot about this forum until this morning. whistling.gif
This situation gave me a flashback to the first episode of Star Trek: Voyager where the Voyager and Maquis crews were stuck on the farside of the galaxy and joined together to survive.
I'm not going for ascension yet, being a new species who knows what kind of abilities they have. As for the whole "it would appear differently to everyone else", I took it differently. I don't think he was referring to the child, but the whole visit. She would be the only one to believe her time on the planet actually happened and everyone else would only think it was a dream or delusion. And for Cloe, maybe something to do with her time with the blue aliens? Too early to tell at this point.

I think the explanation about things appearing differently was a way to explain to us why she didn't try to explain what was wrong, and not to be too heartbroken over the loss of the baby. The view of whatever celestial event was probably a tool to let us know that her experience was "real". That had a very BSG feel to me.
+Quote Post
Shylodog
post Oct 4th 2010, 10:15 AM
Post #6

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Oct 3rd 2010, 3:04 PM) *

... The view of whatever celestial event was probably a tool to let us know that her experience was "real". That had a very BSG feel to me.

I totally agree. But I liked BSG so I'm very ok with it, as long as they don't make it a habit of ripping off ideas.
+Quote Post
Arcady
post Oct 4th 2010, 10:27 AM
Post #7

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

At least they seem to have stopped the bumpy camera movements they took from BSG. That is so damn annoying.
+Quote Post
Shylodog
post Oct 4th 2010, 12:33 PM
Post #8

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Arcady @ Oct 4th 2010, 8:27 AM) *

At least they seem to have stopped the bumpy camera movements they took from BSG. That is so damn annoying.

As well as overdone. Kinda like the jump-kick camera movements from The Matrix. Was cool at first, but when everyone starts doing it, it gets real old, real quick.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Oct 17th 2010, 11:34 AM
Post #9

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

I cant say I was really looking forward to watching season 2, to be honest I'd forgotten it was on. It feels like more of a chore to watch at the moment.
It was pretty obvious Rhona Mitra's character was going to die but the least they could have done was show her death on screen, all they had to do was film a short scene last year.
Tamara's baby's death was pretty obvious too. Kind of cold of TPTB but obvious nonetheless. I dont really believe the whole ascension thing happened with her baby.
They're doing their best to make Chloe special but they're not achieving it. She was close to death at the end of season 1, now all of a sudden her wound was ok.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 28th 2014 - 9:33 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.