Rating  4
Arcady
post Jun 5th 2010, 1:06 AM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Season 1, Episode 20 - Incursion (Part Two)
Air Date: (US) June 11, 2010

The Lucian Alliance has boarded Destiny...

(This topic is for people who have seen the episode to discuss it. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read this topic.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
StarFighter
post Jun 11th 2010, 11:27 PM
Post #2

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,924

Well thankfully it looks like so far that guy didn't ascend. But then of course that leaves us to wonder where he went.

But really I wish tv shows would stop ending seasons with cliffhangers. I finding it annoying these days.
+Quote Post
SilentSnake
post Jun 13th 2010, 10:41 AM
Post #3

Unregistered

QUOTE(StarFighter @ Jun 11th 2010, 11:27 PM) *
But really I wish tv shows would stop ending seasons with cliffhangers. I finding it annoying these days.

A classic cliffhanger with completely EVERYTHING being a total mess. To the point it seemed a bit too much.

Normally it's like "oh sh*t, we're in trouble", here, we could make a list:

1. Young and soldiers about to die.
2. shield anomalies about to kill everyone on the ship.
3. Chloe losing it.
4. Johanssen shot and possibly losing her child.
5. Telford and Kiva shot.
6. Scott and Greer still outside.
7. Eli jogging.

I have to admit, though, that I liked the ending with Young looking up and then everything going pitch black biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jun 16th 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #4

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(StarFighter @ Jun 11th 2010, 9:27 PM) *

Well thankfully it looks like so far that guy didn't ascend. But then of course that leaves us to wonder where he went.

Yeah, it's a terrible trend. The most terrible part being that shows don't always get renewed. I guess the writers feel like network is less likely to cancel a show when the viewers are expecting a conclusion. It certainly didn't work for Terminator.

QUOTE(SilentSnake @ Jun 13th 2010, 8:41 AM) *

A classic cliffhanger with completely EVERYTHING being a total mess. To the point it seemed a bit too much.

Normally it's like "oh sh*t, we're in trouble", here, we could make a list:

1. Young and soldiers about to die.
2. shield anomalies about to kill everyone on the ship.
3. Chloe losing it.
4. Johanssen shot and possibly losing her child.
5. Telford and Kiva shot.
6. Scott and Greer still outside.
7. Eli jogging.

I have to admit, though, that I liked the ending with Young looking up and then everything going pitch black biggrin.gif

Yeah, that's how I felt. I thought they could have just finished up the show if they would have resolved at least 1 of those issues.

I thought it was interesting that the ship could fly directly through a star and it recharged the power, but flying that close to the binary cluster was causing those problems.

All and all, I was pretty satisfied with the second half of the season. I started anticipating the show. It had a huge turnaround and I can't wait for it to start again.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Jun 20th 2010, 4:46 PM
Post #5

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

I think this is a great end to a great season.

Characters were interesting and sufficiently relateable to bring me to a point where I care what happens, so by the end of the season, I was invested in the "wheel of fate," so to speak.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jun 23rd 2010, 4:40 PM
Post #6

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Jun 20th 2010, 2:46 PM) *

I think this is a great end to a great season.

Characters were interesting and sufficiently relateable to bring me to a point where I care what happens, so by the end of the season, I was invested in the "wheel of fate," so to speak.

Well said, I totally agree. I complained many times about not caring about the characters. In the end, I was right there.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Jun 24th 2010, 9:08 PM
Post #7

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Jun 23rd 2010, 5:40 PM) *

Well said, I totally agree. I complained many times about not caring about the characters. In the end, I was right there.

Well in, like, Atlantis, I only kinda cared about the characters, and even then, not all of them... It was good story-telling but I wasn't exactly glued to the screen.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Aug 19th 2010, 2:23 AM
Post #8

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Jun 17th 2010, 6:51 AM) *

I thought it was interesting that the ship could fly directly through a star and it recharged the power, but flying that close to the binary cluster was causing those problems.

That may be because they were close to a binary pulsar, formed by a rotating neutron star and a white dwarf or another neutron star. The kind of magnetic interference that this system may cause cannot be compared to that created at the surface of the star. The shield suffers from each contact with the magnetic pulse, or X-Ray (oh, binary pulsars are often called X-Ray pulsars). The power of the pulse depends highly on the rotation speed, because with that rotation speed, the rotating neutron star strips away part of or all of the magnetosphere at the surface of its companion star, and if the companion star is a neutron star, you must realize the power the pulse ray will have because of that.

What I would have liked to see in this is a take on the gravitational effects such a binary pulsar may cause, and relativistic effects. Although, they can say they were at a safe distance from such effects to take place, I highly doubt it, and I would have liked to see it. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Aug 25th 2010, 12:21 AM
Post #9

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Aug 19th 2010, 12:23 AM) *

That may be because they were close to a binary pulsar, formed by a rotating neutron star and a white dwarf or another neutron star. The kind of magnetic interference that this system may cause cannot be compared to that created at the surface of the star. The shield suffers from each contact with the magnetic pulse, or X-Ray (oh, binary pulsars are often called X-Ray pulsars). The power of the pulse depends highly on the rotation speed, because with that rotation speed, the rotating neutron star strips away part of or all of the magnetosphere at the surface of its companion star, and if the companion star is a neutron star, you must realize the power the pulse ray will have because of that.

What I would have liked to see in this is a take on the gravitational effects such a binary pulsar may cause, and relativistic effects. Although, they can say they were at a safe distance from such effects to take place, I highly doubt it, and I would have liked to see it. biggrin.gif

Wow, I really miss those detailed explanations. That's good stuff.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 20th 2014 - 6:41 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.