post Apr 4th 2010, 12:38 PM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Season 1, Episode 13 - Faith
Air Date: (US) April 16, 2010

The crew finds a idyllic planet with an abundance of food and water when Destiny stops -- without its countdown clock running.

(This topic is for people who have seen the episode to discuss it. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read this topic.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RJLCyberPunk
post Apr 16th 2010, 10:24 PM
Post #2

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,415

I can understand why many wanted to stay, I probably would have been among them had I been in that situation myself, I mean choosing staying within the stale confines of a ship or a paradisic planet that has all the fruit, vegetables and fresh water you could need for your whole life. What would you choose?

It is interesting that they are introducing a new species that is even more advanced than the ancients ever where. I wonder if they'll meet them.
+Quote Post
Reignfire
post Apr 16th 2010, 10:49 PM
Post #3

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,640

I can under the desire to stay too, but a month is hardly long enough to determine if a planet permanently livable.
+Quote Post
BigusDickus
post Apr 17th 2010, 7:13 AM
Post #4

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,661

The furlings!!!!! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
jacksworld
post Apr 17th 2010, 11:09 AM
Post #5

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,030

In a way the episode seemed kinda pointless. I kept waiting for something to happen but nothing did. However, it was kind of interesting that the ship stopped by this planet with no timer for the FTL and no record of this place. I was thinking that perhaps it was left out for a reason? The possibility of another race more advance than the ancients? I believe destiny was created long before atlantis and so forth so i imagine that these beings are probably just as advanced as the ancients now. Either way it does raise quite a few questions.
+Quote Post
Lt. Michael
post Apr 17th 2010, 1:52 PM
Post #6

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,527

Maybe those who created this small solar system was some of the ascended ancients which had a more relaxed attitude to the non interference rules. Maybe they felt sorry for team being trapped on one of their old and abandoned inventions.
+Quote Post
StarFighter
post Apr 17th 2010, 3:01 PM
Post #7

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,924

Clearly from the info they gave us that solar system was created by an incredibly advanced race. However there is no way to know if they are still alive. It could be another dead project. The Stargate franchise is full of abandoned projects.

The only thing I was unclear on was some people did stay behind on that planet?
+Quote Post
Shylodog
post Apr 18th 2010, 2:27 AM
Post #8

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,463

QUOTE(StarFighter @ Apr 17th 2010, 1:01 PM) *

Clearly from the info they gave us that solar system was created by an incredibly advanced race. However there is no way to know if they are still alive. It could be another dead project. The Stargate franchise is full of abandoned projects.

The only thing I was unclear on was some people did stay behind on that planet?

Yes. Some did stay behind, although Chloe obviously had a change of heart. We didn't see Mr. "I have faith the builders will return" return to Destiny. I think that if any of them did return, they would have made it a big deal to hear at least his reason why he didn't stay.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Apr 29th 2010, 3:21 PM
Post #9

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

I was unclear on how old the planet is. Now I'm very curious how far ahead the seeding ships are. And if there are 4 seeding ships, which one is Destiny following, and if it's only following 1, where are the other Destiny type ships.
+Quote Post
Shylodog
post Apr 29th 2010, 6:21 PM
Post #10

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,463

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Apr 29th 2010, 1:21 PM) *

I was unclear on how old the planet is. Now I'm very curious how far ahead the seeding ships are. And if there are 4 seeding ships, which one is Destiny following, and if it's only following 1, where are the other Destiny type ships.

They were pretty vague about it, saying it should be about 200,000 years old or somesuch, but then it wouldn't have plantlife yet, it would still have a molten shell. They didn't say how long ago the seed ships had passed that area, or else we would have gotten a better age estimate. But I would hazard a guess to say that the seed ships aren't more than 1000 years ahead of Destiny (if even THAT far), so thats what makes the planet so amazing.

As far as the seed ships go, I thing they are all traveling ahead of Destiny sort of like an offensive line in football (American football). They may vary in distance to each other, but their destance to Destiny remains somewhat constant. That's just my guess though.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post May 5th 2010, 3:25 PM
Post #11

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Shylodog @ Apr 29th 2010, 4:21 PM) *

They were pretty vague about it, saying it should be about 200,000 years old or somesuch, but then it wouldn't have plantlife yet, it would still have a molten shell. They didn't say how long ago the seed ships had passed that area, or else we would have gotten a better age estimate. But I would hazard a guess to say that the seed ships aren't more than 1000 years ahead of Destiny (if even THAT far), so thats what makes the planet so amazing.

As far as the seed ships go, I thing they are all traveling ahead of Destiny sort of like an offensive line in football (American football). They may vary in distance to each other, but their destance to Destiny remains somewhat constant. That's just my guess though.

Thats an interesting take. I had imagined they were all going in different directions, but it would be more efficient that way, considering what they were trying to accomplish.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 25th 2014 - 6:54 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.