post Mar 26th 2010, 2:16 PM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Season 1, Episode 11 - Space
Air Date: (US) April 2, 2010

A mishap with the communication stones sends Colonel Young's consciousness to an alien vessel, provoking the crew's first extra-terrestrial encounter.

(This topic is for people who have seen the episode to discuss it. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read this topic.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Reignfire
post Apr 2nd 2010, 11:15 PM
Post #2

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,640

Good action episode. I was disappointed that Rush not only reappeared, but made it back to the ship. It felt rushed to me, like he could have been missing for a few episodes, but that could be because the slower pace of the show. Also, I didn't like the SGA vibe I got with the aliens (Wraith) wanting Destiny (Atlantis). Oh, almost forgot, did I miss an explanation why what's-her-name was crying at the end? Or was it just the stress of the situation?
+Quote Post
Shylodog
post Apr 3rd 2010, 10:12 AM
Post #3

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,463

QUOTE(Reignfire @ Apr 2nd 2010, 9:15 PM) *

Good action episode. I was disappointed that Rush not only reappeared, but made it back to the ship. It felt rushed to me, like he could have been missing for a few episodes, but that could be because the slower pace of the show. Also, I didn't like the SGA vibe I got with the aliens (Wraith) wanting Destiny (Atlantis). Oh, almost forgot, did I miss an explanation why what's-her-name was crying at the end? Or was it just the stress of the situation?

She was crying because she is alone. She has some feelings for the communications stones guy in this episode, but he wants to keep it professional. They showed Scott and Chole all snuggly and then cut to her all lonely and crying, showing the contrast.

At least now we know what the "bug ship" from the pilot episode was about....
+Quote Post
Lt. Michael
post Apr 3rd 2010, 12:34 PM
Post #4

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,527

QUOTE(Shylodog @ Apr 3rd 2010, 5:12 PM) *

At least now we know what the "bug ship" from the pilot episode was about....

Don't you mean episode 3? In the end there is a small ship/pod detaching from Destiny.
+Quote Post
StarFighter
post Apr 3rd 2010, 11:00 PM
Post #5

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,924

I was looking forward to this episode and felt let down in a big way. Rush making it back to the Destiny did seem awfully convenient. It would have made more sense if he figured a way to catch up to Destiny on his own.

I was hoping that this show would get better since I'm one of the people that dislikes it. Sadly I don't feel it has improved.
+Quote Post
Shylodog
post Apr 4th 2010, 3:58 AM
Post #6

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,463

QUOTE(Lt. Michael @ Apr 3rd 2010, 10:34 AM) *

Don't you mean episode 3? In the end there is a small ship/pod detaching from Destiny.

Yes. That's what I meant.
+Quote Post
RJLCyberPunk
post Apr 4th 2010, 9:24 PM
Post #7

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,415

QUOTE(Reignfire @ Apr 3rd 2010, 12:15 AM) *

Funny I did not get that kind of vibe, the aliens are totally different from the Wrath or anything else seen before in the franchise. The Wraith wanted Atlantis out of the way, that's all so they could eat their favorite snack humans at will whenever wherever. I liked the aliens look and their thrilling voice.

They had to bring Rush back somehow. It was either no alien threat ever emerges and Rush manages to fix the ship he found and catches up with Destiny or what happened in the episode.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Apr 5th 2010, 1:44 PM
Post #8

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

I liked this stuff. They managed to mix in character interaction with stuff actually happening. I watched this episode on the DVR, so I didn't have a good idea for the pace. I thought the ship was going to leave with Chloe and rush still on board. That would have been dynamic

As for next week's episode...
» Click to Show Spoiler «
+Quote Post
Reignfire
post Apr 5th 2010, 9:52 PM
Post #9

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,640

QUOTE(RJLCyberPunk @ Apr 4th 2010, 9:24 PM) *

Funny I did not get that kind of vibe, the aliens are totally different from the Wrath or anything else seen before in the franchise. The Wraith wanted Atlantis out of the way, that's all so they could eat their favorite snack humans at will whenever wherever.

Actually, they wanted Atlantis because it had the only Gate that went to Earth aka the buffet. biggrin.gif
They had to bring Rush back somehow. It was either no alien threat ever emerges and Rush manages to fix the ship he found and catches up with Destiny or what happened in the episode.

I didn't have a problem with them bringing Rush back, but I thought it was too soon. Waiting an episode or two would have felt more realistic to me.

This post has been edited by Reignfire: Apr 5th 2010, 9:56 PM
+Quote Post
replicant
post Apr 7th 2010, 7:06 PM
Post #10

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,783

I though this was an awesome ep. I t kept me guessing the whole way through. I was a bit dissapointed with the aliens as to me they were just Asgard clones. They are just less advanced. the cutting hte hole in the ship reminded me of the SGA ep first contact I was expecting a ring device to come through the hole. Other than that and Chloe not dying I thoughtit was one of the better Eps the SGU has done.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Apr 11th 2010, 10:09 PM
Post #11

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

At one point, I actually thought RUsh was working with the Aliens and helped them interfere with the stones. I'm not sure that I'm over those thoughts yet.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 17th 2014 - 2:46 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.