Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate Atlantis: General Discussion

This area is for general discussion of Stargate Atlantis only. Atlantis spoilers belong in the Spoilers & Speculation section. There are separate categories for Stargate SG-1 Discussion and Stargate Universe Discussion. Complete forum rules are available here.

Atlantis Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> why not shoot through the wormhole?, ummm.
tommo123
post Nov 26th 2009, 5:27 PM
Post #1

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,928

watching ep 11 of Atlantis S1 (with the genii take over of atlantis) and when shepperd shoots kolya. Kolya then goes through the gate - if shepperd just blasted the P90 at the stop where kolya was, then the bulletts would enter the wormhole and exit with the same velocity right? meaning Kolya is dead.

in SG-1, plenty of staff blasts made it through, and the trinium dart made it through as well so i'm assuming this it true
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave312
post Nov 26th 2009, 5:39 PM
Post #2

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,343

While yes he could have kept shooting and the bullets would have gone through the wormhole, if he did so, he would have hit Weir.
+Quote Post
tommo123
post Nov 26th 2009, 5:58 PM
Post #3

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,928

QUOTE(Dave312 @ Nov 26th 2009, 10:39 PM) *

While yes he could have kept shooting and the bullets would have gone through the wormhole, if he did so, he would have hit Weir.

ok, if neither she, or he moved. nothing stopping him running past her and shooting at the event horizon though and spraying wildly in the hope of killing more genii. hell, why not chuck a few grenades through for more damage as well
+Quote Post
Abaddonian
post Nov 27th 2009, 4:42 AM
Post #4

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 34,911

Because the Genii started the entire thing; wait for a second, keep reading, I'll try to explain.

The Genii are deceptive, and like to twist the truth to suit their goals. Sometimes their perception of what's going on around them warps to whatever they feel is happening. If Sheppard had kept firing, he would have given the Genii further excuses and explanations for their attack, and they would have also demonstrated that the Atlantis Expedition is just as aggressive as the Genii are. They aren't aggressive, and don't start fights with anyone without a reason (except for the Replicators; they make constant excuses to attack them).
+Quote Post
OdinisThor'sDad
post May 29th 2010, 10:17 AM
Post #5

ASSgards are pussies!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 490

I know it's been forever but "firing blindly through a wormhole" goes against military procedure. You have to know your target to hit it. You don't fire bullets blindly into a crowd of people. That goes against the rules of engagement set up by the US military. If Sheppard fired blindly he could have hit a noncombatant.
+Quote Post
domio
post Jun 2nd 2010, 2:59 PM
Post #6

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 44,422

i always use to think that the sg teams did not kill unless it was completley neccessary.
saved weir and rodney geni were gone and saved city smile.gif

good ep tho i watched it other night lol
well i got till few eps in season 2 been watching them all again last few night s smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 23rd 2014 - 4:39 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.