Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate Universe: Spoilers & Speculation

This area is for Universe spoilers. There are separate categories for SG-1 Spoilers and Atlantis Spoilers. Complete forum rules are available here.

Universe Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The General Hammond, SPOILERS for SGU 101
Raz
post Oct 4th 2009, 5:35 AM
Post #1

Colonel
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 726

Hey all,

Ive just finished watching the new eps and couldnt help but notice something stupid.

Obviously for new fans of Stargate they wont know what Im talking about, but the General Hammond should have had those Asgard beam weapons installed (as the Appollo, Odyssey and Daedelus all do) and so 3 Goa'uld mother ships should have had NO effect whatsoever on it. The Hammond shouldve sliced through those mother ships like a knife through butter...and yet when they were cutting back to it they almost got destroyed! Also we know the Hammond didnt take out any of the mother ships as all 3 got owned by the planet explosion.

I just thought it was silly that the Hammond didnt wipe them out as those Asgard weapons were able to take out the most advanced ships ever built (Ori mother ships, Replicator ships (in Atlantis) and also if Im not mistaken Wraith hive ships)...so really whats 3 motherships!

Just nitpicking here!

Why has this forum dropped dead recently? Fair enough SG1 and Atlantis have departed but I woulda thought the forum would be back in full swing given the arrival of a new SG series!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Oct 4th 2009, 10:11 AM
Post #2

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

Raz, some people have been extremely disappointed by this first 2 hursof SGU, for various reasons. You can read the comments on a different thread here. One of the complaints was the very reason you have stated. It makes no sense. My take, TPTB didn't care about the fans of the series. They were just trying to interest new people to the series. That is the same reason I think they went for a much younger cast. I don't think it will work. sad.gif

Regarding the site, it hasn't been used as much lately. Arc/Linz posted a site announcement that it would close on or about October 1. Since then Arc posted that the site would remain up and as is until further notice. So maybe now that SGU has begun people will return. I wouldn't hold my breath though because, IMO, SGU is nothing to get excited about.

This post has been edited by IndyJan: Oct 4th 2009, 10:36 AM
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Oct 4th 2009, 3:43 PM
Post #3

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(Raz @ Oct 4th 2009, 1:35 PM) *

The Hammond shouldve sliced through those mother ships like a knife through butter...and yet when they were cutting back to it they almost got destroyed! Also we know the Hammond didnt take out any of the mother ships as all 3 got owned by the planet explosion.

Yes indeed. The Hammond sliced all 3 Goa'uld motherships using their ultimate master plan: wait until the planet explodes to whack them. biggrin.gif

I just feel ashamed they had Carter commanding the ship. Wasn't she needed in some place else? Like for instance, on the planet, trying to find a way for the reactor not to go critical, or a way to activate the 9th chevron properly? 1.gif

Damn, I need to stop trying to disagree with the premise of the show. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by KillerMarv: Oct 4th 2009, 3:43 PM
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Oct 4th 2009, 4:15 PM
Post #4

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Oct 4th 2009, 3:43 PM) *

Yes indeed. The Hammond sliced all 3 Goa'uld motherships using their ultimate master plan: wait until the planet explodes to whack them. biggrin.gif

I just feel ashamed they had Carter commanding the ship. Wasn't she needed in some place else? Like for instance, on the planet, trying to find a way for the reactor not to go critical, or a way to activate the 9th chevron properly? 1.gif

Damn, I need to stop trying to disagree with the premise of the show. laugh.gif

Yep, as we have said before, Sam and Daniel should have been on that planet to try and solve the problem. The people should not have been so young. Jack should not have been at some young geek guy's home to get him for the job. The three of them were a total waste in this show. Yes, it was great to see them all because I love all of them, but they were not used the way they should have been. Or don't use them, but get other people, highly qualified and older to lead the charge, but they didn't.

Once again, it's very sad that the fans know the franchise better than the so-called PTB. sad.gif
+Quote Post
Arcady
post Oct 5th 2009, 9:08 AM
Post #5

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

RDA looks really fat. :-(
+Quote Post
Shylodog
post Oct 5th 2009, 1:19 PM
Post #6

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,463

QUOTE(Arcady @ Oct 5th 2009, 7:08 AM) *

RDA looks really fat. :-(

/agree

Time and retirement are not agreeing with him at all.
+Quote Post
Raz
post Oct 5th 2009, 3:54 PM
Post #7

Colonel
Group Icon

Yup RDA has let himself go a tad, although he is over 60 now isnt he? He'll just end up like what Don S Davis was, which really isnt TOO bad considering his age, although he should be doin alot more exercise!

Based purely on the SGU pilot, I would actually have preferred another season of Atlantis and the SG1 movie to SGU. Surely the current fans of the series, outweigh any potential fans gained from a new series. I just dont think itll work out in the long run and SGU will run for less seasons than SGA

+Quote Post
daralzand
post Oct 8th 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #8

Unregistered

I agree fully on this point, myself and my 4 buddies were all watching this and when we saw that the Hammond was getting ass wiped we were shocked to say the least. the asgard beams would have wtfpwnd those crappy old motherships.

ahh well what can old fans do about it eh.
+Quote Post
Raz
post Oct 8th 2009, 1:23 PM
Post #9

Colonel
Group Icon

I don't know whether I should take this as seriously as I am, but in relation to the last post, you are correct: "What can us old fans do about it"

Its almost like they are destroying SG1 and SGA in the fictional world (in the storylines bit by bit) just as its done in real life by replacing SGA.

I never was 'angry' at the fact atlantis was canned, but now that really we know it was for SGU Im getting angrier. The next couple of episodes will decide whether I commit to the show or not, and its a COMPLETE shame that theyll have lost a hardcore "since the beginning" fan if it turns out I dont like what I see.

I personally dont think the ratings will stay up, if they consider the 2million mark 'good'. Itll fizzle out.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 26th 2014 - 1:21 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.