Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate Atlantis: General Discussion

This area is for general discussion of Stargate Atlantis only. Atlantis spoilers belong in the Spoilers & Speculation section. There are separate categories for Stargate SG-1 Discussion and Stargate Universe Discussion. Complete forum rules are available here.

Atlantis Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The subspace capacitor, The subspace capacitor was mentioned in 1 of SGA's late episodes.
nayy z
post Aug 4th 2009, 12:40 AM
Post #1

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,524

READ THIS LINK BEFORE ANSWERING THE QUESTION BECAUSE IT'LL HAVE EXTRA INFO ON IT THAN I HAVE PROVIDED. **** YOU SHOULD NOT READ THE LINK IF YOU DONT WANT TO SEE ANY SPOILERS**** (although there is hardly anything in it to spoil just saying it incase)

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Subspace_capacitor

In Stargate atlantis season 5 episode Deadalus variations we seen
» Click to Show Spoiler «
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nayy z
post Aug 5th 2009, 6:06 AM
Post #2

Civilian
Group Icon

well maybe i can start it off seeing that this isnt taking very well.

Its fairly obvious by the name that it would bring in its power from subspace, maybe zpe, maybe gama rays, who knows what power sorce it feeds off. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA'S?[
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Aug 5th 2009, 2:38 PM
Post #3

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

Oh, let me have a go at this... please? I'll promise I'll be good. 1.gif

First off though, let me ask you to kindly spell check your posts, as it is terribly difficult to read them. The majority of words can be understood due to the similarity with the real words, but what if people have a nasty accident while their head aches from reading your post? rolleyes.gif

Secondly, there is not much information in the link you have provided, only a few lines. And in those few lines it does nothing but answer the question you created this thread for. The subspace capacitor drives energy from subspace, isolating it in artificially created pockets. 1.gif

Thirdly, you asked your question inside spoilers, so given that you warned people to stay off those spoilers, many people will have doubts about the purpose of this thread. 1.gif

And finally, "Its fairly obvious by the name that it would bring in its power from subspace, maybe zpe, maybe gama rays, who knows what power sorce it feeds off. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA'S?["
The device is in fact a power source, so it doesn't feed off another power source. It works similarly to a ZPM, but it's a much weaker and less stable version. biggrin.gif

I have some other ideas, but well, I think I used another thread to inform people of how a ZPM works. This device will work in a similar matter. Where was that thread? whistling.gif
+Quote Post
nayy z
post Aug 16th 2009, 3:26 AM
Post #4

Civilian
Group Icon

First of all, sorry about my spelling i'll try my best to keep it in cheak. Secondly,
The device is in fact a power source, so it doesn't feed off another power source. It works similarly to a ZPM, but it's a much weaker and less stable version."

What do you mean by this, if you mean what i think you mean (which could not be) your saying subspace is a powersorce, no its not its a layer of space or "dimension", this Subspace capacitor would have to use a sorce of energy inside subspace to work, like a ZPM would use subspace to extract ZPE (in other words gets ZPE from subspace instead of normal space).

Sorry if i misspelled.
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Oct 1st 2009, 11:16 AM
Post #5

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,443

i suppose it works similar to the device that was in the sg1 episode the road not takenonly instead of taking energy from another universe it takes it from subspace (kinda funny seeing as how mckay once had an idea of using the stargate to channel energy from subspace to recharge a zpm! not sure if they ever actually tried it tho) and instead of continually drawing power it would do it only for a small amount of time and charge the capacitor so as to make the energy source more stable! but thats just my opinion and i may be totally wrong
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 25th 2014 - 1:44 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.