Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> About this area

The loitering zone is for discussions about things other than Stargate. Please use the appropriate section when posting, and be sure to read the forum rules.

Loitering Zone Index: Off Topic Chatter | TV, Movies & Music | Computer Talk | Sports Talk | Forum Games

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Transformers - Rise of the Fallen, What do yo think?
JTMAG1
post Jun 25th 2009, 1:25 PM
Post #1

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,251

I saw it twice yesterday, and I thought it was pretty good. It was everything that I expected. My expectations weren't incredibly high at all. I wanted to see violence and transformers and I got them both. I loved the references to things that were never shown in the original versions of the animated series in the US, but were part of the story none the less. They have the trip into the matrix to talk to the old Primes, they had Fallen as Megatron's master.

I've read some mixed reviews, but all and all I'd have to say it was pretty good.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rogue Ashrak
post Jun 25th 2009, 3:49 PM
Post #2

Hero of Time
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 7,502

I saw it last night myself (albeit 3 hours later than the session we expected courtesy of an idot freind and his terrible time management skills rolleyes.gif ).

I thought it was great, and a solid improvement on the first movie. The story was a lot deeper, and the action much easier to follow. And like JT said, delving into some more elements of the Transformer mythos was pretty cool.

» Click to Show Spoiler «

That being said, anyone who's dead inside and doesn't like the concept of giant robots beaing the snot out of each other (what's wrong with you people?! ohmy.gif ), they probably won't find anything to get excited about this time around either. wink.gif

+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jun 26th 2009, 1:51 AM
Post #3

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

I'm glad that you two appear to have liked the show. I have heard from other friends that they did not. It was too long and not much substance. I guess I will probably wait until it comes out on DVD to see it, if ever. I haven't seen the first one and from people who did see it, I probably won't see it. wink.gif
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Jun 26th 2009, 7:51 AM
Post #4

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Jun 26th 2009, 7:51 AM) *

I'm glad that you two appear to have liked the show. I have heard from other friends that they did not. It was too long and not much substance. I guess I will probably wait until it comes out on DVD to see it, if ever. I haven't seen the first one and from people who did see it, I probably won't see it. wink.gif

True, and same wink.gif

It does seem the the higher the ratio of enjoyment of big robots fighting to story content = to higher enjoyment of the film. wink.gif
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jun 30th 2009, 11:41 AM
Post #5

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

Oh yes, I will not watch a Michael Bay film for substance. That's just like searching a coal mine for fresh air. When I see a bay film, I expect car chases and explosions. I knew that going in and that's why I think I was so satisfied.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 22nd 2014 - 6:05 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.