Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> About this area

The loitering zone is for discussions about things other than Stargate. Please use the appropriate section when posting, and be sure to read the forum rules.

Loitering Zone Index: Off Topic Chatter | TV, Movies & Music | Computer Talk | Sports Talk | Forum Games

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Futurama Renewed For New Season., 26 episode season to start 2010.
Invisible Painting
post Jun 10th 2009, 8:46 AM
Post #1

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,819

Futurama officially renewed for new season.

I was going to post this in Rant and Rave but thought there isn't a Futurama thread at the moment. So why not. Anyway it's pretty cool news it's a 26 episode season as well. All new episodes. Plus the fact that it's on Comedy Central means they don't demand as high ratings and the show will probably stay on the air for many years to come, hopefully.

Anyway, what did people think of the movies as well. People seen them?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jun 10th 2009, 1:22 PM
Post #2

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Jun 10th 2009, 6:46 AM) *

Futurama officially renewed for new season.

I was going to post this in Rant and Rave but thought there isn't a Futurama thread at the moment. So why not. Anyway it's pretty cool news it's a 26 episode season as well. All new episodes. Plus the fact that it's on Comedy Central means they don't demand as high ratings and the show will probably stay on the air for many years to come, hopefully.

Anyway, what did people think of the movies as well. People seen them?

I still haven't seen the movies all the way through... I guess I'll do that tonight.

My friends and I love this show, and I am very excited about a new season of the show. I can say right now that I will watch every episode without question.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jun 10th 2009, 5:58 PM
Post #3

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

I've seen "Bender's Big Score" and "The Beast With a Billion Backs" and loved them. I've always thought Futurama is better than The Simpson's and am glad it is back. Like JTMAG1 though, I doubt I'll watch them as they air but I'll watch them at some point.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Jun 10th 2009, 6:36 PM
Post #4

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Jun 10th 2009, 11:58 PM) *

I've seen "Bender's Big Score" and "The Beast With a Billion Backs" and loved them. I've always thought Futurama is better than The Simpson's and am glad it is back. Like JTMAG1 though, I doubt I'll watch them as they air but I'll watch them at some point.

I've seen all of them, and I will say that the first two are the better ones. Although a fair few people seem to think that the fourth one is really good as well but I didn't think so.
4th movie:
» Click to Show Spoiler «

The third one, well I felt the first half was really good. The second half was....bad. It seemed the writers were just writing for themselves rather then the audience at large, but the first half was very good.

But Benders Big Score and Beast I thought were very good. And I'm hoping these new 26 episodes will capture what was great about the series. But I'll probably watch the episodes as they come out, it's how I did it with the series originally.

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Jun 10th 2009, 6:37 PM
+Quote Post
Rogue Ashrak
post Jun 11th 2009, 6:24 AM
Post #5

Hero of Time
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 7,502

Sweetness. It's always nice when prematurely cancelled good shows get a second crack at it. Too bad the same thing didnt happen to Jericho a few years back, that was really starting to get interesting. I'm sure the Firefly fans would be having similar thoughts too.

Hopefully we'll get Futurama at a decent timeslot in Oz.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Jun 11th 2009, 7:23 AM
Post #6

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rogue Ashrak @ Jun 11th 2009, 12:24 PM) *

Sweetness. It's always nice when prematurely cancelled good shows get a second crack at it. Too bad the same thing didnt happen to Jericho a few years back, that was really starting to get interesting. I'm sure the Firefly fans would be having similar thoughts too.

Hopefully we'll get Futurama at a decent timeslot in Oz.

Didn't Jericho get renewed for a season 2? Admittedly a 7 episode season but I remember a big fuss made about it. Last I heard even a movie was being done for it....

Also Dead Like Me got a nice little unexpected revival in the form of a DVD movie (think Ark of Truth), which having seen about 2 months ago I thought was absolutely amazing.

But you're right, this was overdue and fully deserved. Especially if Family Guy can have about 4 cracks at it....
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jun 11th 2009, 10:31 AM
Post #7

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Jun 11th 2009, 12:36 AM) *
I've seen all of them, and I will say that the first two are the better ones. Although a fair few people seem to think that the fourth one is really good as well but I didn't think so.

What are the titles of the other two? I thought I'd seen three different movies on sale as DVDs but I couldn't remember the other title. I didn't know a fourth had been made though.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Jun 11th 2009, 10:42 AM
Post #8

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Jun 11th 2009, 4:31 PM) *

What are the titles of the other two? I thought I'd seen three different movies on sale as DVDs but I couldn't remember the other title. I didn't know a fourth had been made though.

The third is 'Benders Game' and the fourth is Into 'The Wild Green Yonder', that one came out about 2 months ago. While 'Benders Game' came out November-ish.
+Quote Post
Rogue Ashrak
post Jun 11th 2009, 6:55 PM
Post #9

Hero of Time
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 7,502

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Jun 11th 2009, 10:23 PM) *

Didn't Jericho get renewed for a season 2? Admittedly a 7 episode season but I remember a big fuss made about it. Last I heard even a movie was being done for it....

Yeah, I kinda meant after that 1.gif . The end of season 2 left off at the start of the Second American Civil War (East vs West this time). No movie is going to cover all of that surely. The untapped potential is just a shame IMO. Dark Angel was another classic example of that too.

Still as far as I'm concerened theres one thing worse than cancelling a sereies prematurely and that's dragging it on past the point it should have ended. Some of you are already aware of my thoughts on S9 of Scrubs. Given the nature of the S8 finale, S9 just cheapens the whole thing.

Network execs really need to learn when the right time is to end shows properly.
+Quote Post
Halb
post Jun 12th 2009, 5:23 AM
Post #10

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,998

N-gnh Good news everyone!

Yeh I liked this show. Best cartoon for a long time. I saw some of the 'films' split into a series on sky, don't know how many I watched but I liked all I saw. I'm just a fanboy for Futurama and it was always funny to me.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Jun 12th 2009, 6:37 AM
Post #11

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rogue Ashrak @ Jun 12th 2009, 12:55 AM) *

Yeah, I kinda meant after that 1.gif . The end of season 2 left off at the start of the Second American Civil War (East vs West this time). No movie is going to cover all of that surely. The untapped potential is just a shame IMO. Dark Angel was another classic example of that too.

Still as far as I'm concerened theres one thing worse than cancelling a sereies prematurely and that's dragging it on past the point it should have ended. Some of you are already aware of my thoughts on S9 of Scrubs. Given the nature of the S8 finale, S9 just cheapens the whole thing.

Network execs really need to learn when the right time is to end shows properly.

That's why the end of BSG was good to watch for me, one if the first shows in a long time where the show ended on it's own terms. It's generally either cancel it, or it's doing well so they drag it out. Most shows fit into one category...and one reason why I really hope they end Supernatural (if anyone watches it) after the shows next season. As the creator says that's where he wants to end it and structured the story to conclude then, which you can tell when watching it. But pesky networks don't always think that way wink.gif

But I agree about Scrubs, there shouldn't be a season 9. End of.

As for Futurama, cancelled way before it should have. Which I'm sure we all agree on. So hopefully that'll be good for the series to come back and hopefully there'll be many years to come. smile.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 30th 2014 - 10:19 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.