Rating  5
DR Larry Murphy
post Jun 15th 2004, 5:57 PM
Post #25

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,388

I'm surpised theres not a lot of posts for one of my favourite episodes it was one of the first that got me into SG1.I think that daniel was a little dim come on he forgot Zero, dumbass.It was kinda like galaxy quest that amazing beast of a film, it was even mentioned in the directors commentary.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Too Fun!
post Jul 8th 2004, 6:11 PM
Post #26

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,434

I loved where Daniel explains why he brought books instead of a laptop. LOL LOL
I think his sarcasm is well placed most of the time smile.gif
+Quote Post
Dr Sam
post Aug 5th 2004, 3:55 PM
Post #27

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,804

Yeah - I'm surprised there aren't more posts for this one too!

What's with the "math thing" though? Remember how Daniel originally translated the code as "three to the blue, four to the orange," and it didn't work? And Sam figured out that they must also have a zero? And after that, somehow, Daniel entered two to the blue, three to the orange." Wasn't he supposed to go four to the blue, five to the orange instead?

No, that was right. I took it as Daniel had seen the numbers in a sequence and assumed the first one is 1, the next 2, then 3 and so on. So if the first one then becomes '0', what was 2 becomes 1, 3 becomes 2 etc. Hope that makes sense (diagram might make more sense).

Old 1 2 3 4 5
New 0 1 2 3 4

QUOTE?
(My shipper heart especially likes when Jack dives forward to drag Carter out from under it as it starts to sink. My hero! <g>)
I like it even better when he gets down on the floor to look underneath the bomb and he's definitely crowding Sam's personal space.

Yes yes yes! And then after that they are squeezed into a corner together!

I'm with you there guys! Definately a good bit cloud9.gif

Regarding Jack's flying/piloting capabilities - he must know the ropes as we see him pilot the X302 in season 5 (I think, might be 6) with Sam as co-pilot.

But I'm not military - are special ops and pilot trainng mutually exclusive?? BTW there has been talk about the badges, what are they/what do they mean? I've been wondering for a while but I just assumed it was to do with rank.

I'm not really clear on why Jack flies anything. He doesn't seem to grasp enough math/science for pilot training. His backstory is that he joined the USAF at 18 and was Special Ops. So I always figured that he came in through the enlisted ranks and educated himself up to officer.

I think Jack is a lot smarter than he demonstrates most of the time. He was pretty clued up on burning the missiles as thrusters in 'Tangent' even though the actual calculations had to be done back at base. And as for his route to becomming an officer *possible spoiler - highlight to read* don't we see Jack's AF Academy graduation certificate on the wall of his office in season 7 - I haven't seen it yet but there was post about it somewhere (sorry, can't remember exactly where - it was something to do with working out Jack's age from the date on the certificate).

Edit - I found that link *still possible spoiler*SG1 Archive - What is Jack's real age?

This post has been edited by Dr Sam: Aug 6th 2004, 3:18 AM
+Quote Post
Magnavox
post Nov 11th 2004, 5:10 AM
Post #28

Posts with an accent...
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 3,724

I liked this one, quite a few different stories going at once. That dude interegating Teal'c was one cooling looking freaky bad guy. I think they could have used him in another ep. And I must say Apophis was looking very stylish biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
BrandonTheGreat
post Jan 15th 2005, 10:32 PM
Post #29

Unregistered

That great laser war at the end was the best part. With the ships firing at each other. But like always, Apophis always gets away....
+Quote Post
cvvrede
post Feb 18th 2005, 3:54 PM
Post #30

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,767

QUOTE(BrandonTheGreat @ Jan 16th 2005, 4:32 AM)
That great laser war at the end was the best part. With the ships firing at each other. But like always, Apophis always gets away....

He does that a lot.

I liked the scene in the cargo-ship to. With Jack flikking his watch with Carter next to him reading books. And of course when the bomb allmost blows and he pulls Carter away. I agree, very heroic of him.

And we learn a new goa'uld word: "hashak" means something like "guard".
+Quote Post
Sighfienerd
post May 16th 2005, 9:29 PM
Post #31

Beyond here there be dragons
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,150

Oh, Teal'c. What have they done to you? That torture scene was pretty nasty and graphic. While I was, of course, glad that Teal'c escaped...the manner in which he did seemed a little too easy.

However, that scene where Jack took over piloting the Tok'ra vessel in the mine field was hilarious. They cut away to show Carter, Daniel, and Jacob sweating bullets over the mine that they were reprogramming inside the ship...and then cut back to Jack trying to brush away the mine field with his arm. Great little Jack moment.
+Quote Post
wonderland
post May 17th 2005, 4:39 PM
Post #32

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,411

QUOTE(Sighfienerd @ May 16th 2005, 9:29 PM)
  That torture scene was pretty nasty and graphic.

I cannot stand to watch those scenes, they're just too realistic. Great acting on Christopher's part. bow.gif
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post May 17th 2005, 7:05 PM
Post #33

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,565

I just watched this one today. Loved it. Great acting is right Wonder. CJ really hung there for the whole filming so it would seem real. They said his shoulders were killing him afterwards. Damn I bet it hurt. Now that was method acting. I think sometimes we over look CJ to much for MS and RDA's acting.
+Quote Post
Heru-ER
post May 20th 2005, 11:55 AM
Post #34

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,089

Another great episode, Apophis destroy his old enemy Heru-UR and is preparing to absorb all his resources

+Quote Post
Martin
post Jul 14th 2005, 10:22 AM
Post #35

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,473

Just watched it,Heru-Ur's face was like "Momma,Im done!" after he saw Apophis' ships there.Jack was hilarious as always,great acting from them all.
This seemed to be one of the few episodes where they didn't go through the stargate. Things are getting very cool now that Apophis has Heru-Ur's army. (This is currently the lastest episode I've seen)
+Quote Post
arbiter
post Jul 31st 2005, 2:52 PM
Post #36

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,710

What I didn't get is, if Rak'nor was Jaffa, why would he have a Tok'ra password to answer Jacob's hail? The Jaffa and Tok'ra have centuries of bad blood between them as shown in 'Allegiance', and Rak'nor wasn't exactly a peacekeeper in that episode.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jul 31st 2005, 3:48 PM
Post #37

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(arbiter @ Jul 31st 2005, 8:52 PM)
What I didn't get is, if Rak'nor was Jaffa, why would he have a Tok'ra password to answer Jacob's hail? The Jaffa and Tok'ra have centuries of bad blood between them as shown in 'Allegiance', and Rak'nor wasn't exactly a peacekeeper in that episode.

Teal'c would have probably known it. He wasnt unconscious when he was in the glider so he could have told Rak'nor the password.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Jul 31st 2005, 3:57 PM
Post #38

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Jul 31st 2005, 9:48 PM)
Teal'c would have probably known it. He wasnt unconscious when he was in the glider so he could have told Rak'nor the password.

Well i took taht as being true, i didnt really put any more thought into it other then that was the case. That is how he knew. Ps brilliant episode, and a good ending!!
+Quote Post
Asgardian
post Dec 6th 2005, 4:47 PM
Post #39

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,613

Well most episodes that have to do with the story line are really good. Expectially the ones that take place in space! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
blackbelt83
post Dec 20th 2005, 2:27 AM
Post #40

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,345

QUOTE(DR Larry Murphy @ Jun 15th 2004, 5:57 PM)
I'm surpised theres not a lot of posts for one of my favourite episodes it was one of the first that got me into SG1.I think that daniel was a little dim come on he forgot Zero, dumbass.It was kinda like galaxy quest that amazing beast of a film, it was even mentioned in the directors commentary.

well its not that he forgot zero its just that ancient phoniecian culurt dint have one and it would have been added later after they where taken form eath and evolved.
I thought I was one of the best episodeds It was funny I like it when carter is under the mine and daniel tells her to touch the circle withe the cross in it then yells for her to stop right befor she touches it then says never mind all in all it was very funny great storie and I like it that it had two stories going at once. one of my favorites
+Quote Post
togar
post Dec 26th 2005, 10:30 PM
Post #41

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,212

QUOTE(Spacen @ Sep 18th 2003, 11:57 AM)
It's the air force.  Even if you're not a pilot, you have to know a lot about flying.

im pretty sure only officers can fly, regular enlisted personelle cannot... it has been mentioned several times though that he is a pilot, along w/ carter. there are tons of jobs someone can choose in the airforce, very few actually involve piloting an aircraft

ok, i just scrolled through quickly, but one thing didnt make sense: raknor, and those other 2 jaffa were serpant, the kid was serpant, so why would they take their prisoner to heur'ur? they would earn far more in rewards if they take him to apophis, and heur'ur is the enemy of their god...
+Quote Post
Asgardian
post Dec 27th 2005, 12:44 AM
Post #42

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,613

That is one question which would be in the nitpicking forum because I think that until later on in the seasons, they mostly just used Apophis's emblem on the jaffa.
+Quote Post
togar
post Dec 27th 2005, 1:40 AM
Post #43

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,212

im not gonna start a nitpick topic over an issue like that, this is a discussion over the episode, we cant be expected to just praise the episode blindly and not nitpick it some

the reason most of the jaffa were apophis sect in the early seasons was because apophis was the primary enemy

raknor even made a speech about how apophis was so great, came back from the dead to slay sokar, now commands the greatest army ever know, power to slaugher millions in an instant... he never should have given teal'c to heur'ur, it just doesnt make sense. can anyone shed some light on this, am i missing something?
+Quote Post
danielfan
post Dec 27th 2005, 10:47 AM
Post #44

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,002

QUOTE(Spacen @ Sep 24th 2003, 12:39 PM)
Don't they put you through a whole bunch of classes even if you're not going to pilot?

Nope, DH served 20 yrs in the AF and knows nothing about flying.
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Dec 27th 2005, 9:18 PM
Post #45

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,565

QUOTE(togar @ Dec 27th 2005, 1:40 AM)
im not gonna start a nitpick topic over an issue like that, this is a discussion over the episode, we cant be expected to just praise the episode blindly and not nitpick it some

Togar you do not have to start a topic over a nitpick. There is a thread there called "Mistakes they left in" for cases such as these.
+Quote Post
SGCforever
post Mar 1st 2006, 8:12 AM
Post #46

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,990

Oh wow, this episode was pretty sweet. I love the whole undercover thing. I don't know if it's just me who thinks this, but wasn't that bomb relatively easy to change frequency and stuff, I mean all they had to do was turn a dial...still I guess it did need to be translated. I have to add, I think Chris Judge's acting in this episode was really good. Poor Teal'c getting tortured for what he believes in, that scene almost reminded me of the Braveheart torture scene, but in the Stargate fashion of course. This episode had a pretty sweet ending to it, if I'm not mistaken it was Heru-ur's ship that was the first to go? hmmm....well in any case an episode that's definitely worth rewatching.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 18th 2014 - 7:12 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.