IndyJan
post Feb 5th 2009, 11:22 PM
Post #49

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Feb 5th 2009, 1:56 PM) *

Fantastic episode. I do not follow spoilers so had absolutely no ideal that the show had been cancelled. It was a total shock to me. Sad, as I was finally getting into the show and enjoying it.

I was also unaware that Don Davis had died and thought that it was odd that they put that Hammond had died in the episode. Now it makes total sense and I find it touching.

Hey Em, yes Don Davis did pass away and I quite liked the mention. In that regard they got it right. I also liked that they remembered that General O'Neill was responsible for things.

I won't be sad that it's gone. I will be sad that there is not a lot of good stuff left to watch on sci-fi anymore. While not on the par of SG, Atlantis was still better than 90% of the stuff on sci-fi now. Atlantis was just okay, it was no Stargate. Atlantis did too many shows that were repeats of SG and SG did them first and better.

The one that they did on Atlantis recently that was good, IMO, was the Vegas episode. It was a totally different type of AU show. They pretty much lost me when they killed off Beckett for no reason whatsoever.

Since I'm a SG fan, I will check out the new series, just to see. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky! wink.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Parmenides
post Feb 7th 2009, 5:14 PM
Post #50

Birds ate his face.
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,770

Hrm, that was an alright send off for Atlantis I suppose. I agree though, that it felt very rushed. Identity was a hellish episode, and really could have been missed out, leaving plenty of room to split this up into two episodes.

Why is the prospect of a ZPM powered hive ship so daunting? Haven't we got our own ZPM powered ships? With which we could kick its arse? Just wondering. 1.gif

Should've left Ronon dead. And I too had no idea who that unknown girl was who appeared at the end. I was like "Aww, what a nice scene on the balcony to end with...but who is that random chick?"

Hammond was a nice touch. smile.gif The wormhole drive was not. mad.gif With the gate connection anyway, couldn't Atlantis just have sent through a naquadah generator rigged to be a bomb?

Fare thee well, Atlantis; you were a strange, hotchpotch, patchwork quilt of a show. I might not notice you're gone. 1.gif
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Feb 7th 2009, 5:24 PM
Post #51

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(Parmenides @ Feb 7th 2009, 5:14 PM) *

Fare thee well, Atlantis; you were a strange, hotchpotch, patchwork quilt of a show. I might not notice you're gone. 1.gif

Sadly, I believe that for the most part this is true. It's how I have felt. While I totally missed SG and watch it anytime it's on, I just don't feel that way about Atlantis. sad.gif
+Quote Post
replicant
post Jun 22nd 2009, 9:53 PM
Post #52

Airman
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,783

I loved the ep. one thing that has me baffled was the thing they said about the Atlantis gate taking precidence over the earth gate. So does that mean that atlantis now becomes SGC. as all incoming travellers will go there instead of Cheyenne Mountian
+Quote Post
Omnislash
post Jan 5th 2010, 7:16 AM
Post #53

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

Hello all Ive not been here for a very long time.
I liked this ep although like ppl have said it was rushed. I believe I will miss Atlantis I grew to love it like I did SG. Im looking forward to the film! But first Im going to start my SG1 DVDs again biggrin.gif .
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 1st 2014 - 3:07 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.