post Oct 12th 2008, 8:58 PM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Season 5, Episode 13 - Inquisition
Air date: October 24, 2008

A new coalition of human worlds puts the Atlantis team on trial for their alleged crimes against the Pegasus Galaxy.

Episode Guide | Spoilers | Teaser

(This topic is for people who have seen the episode to discuss it. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read this topic.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Reignfire
post Oct 24th 2008, 10:44 PM
Post #2

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,640

As I figured, it did feel a bit Cor-ai-ish. I was hoping for less of a clip show, but considering the number of charges, I suppose it couldn't have been helped.

I'm curious why they made the Genii evilish again. I thought Laden's coup took care of that. Then they showed up in Harmony and now this.

Not much to say with it being a clip show.
+Quote Post
ZeroPoint
post Oct 26th 2008, 1:23 PM
Post #3

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,525

I spent the whole show on fast forward. As soon as I saw there was a trial with 3 judges, I knew that there was going to be one for and one against, and trying to convince the remainder. The decision would be in the last 5 minutes, and the decision would be the same no matter who was doing the talking.

The interesting and gutsy approach would have had them found guilty. (One of) the most powerful forces, having to be self-restricted.
+Quote Post
ancient01
post Oct 26th 2008, 2:31 PM
Post #4

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,239

I hate clip shows. Stargate has typically done a decent job with them, but it's still a clip show... Hopefully next week will be more worthwhile.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Oct 26th 2008, 7:40 PM
Post #5

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

After the past 3 shows being so superior, I was vastly disappointed in this one.

I do not like the IOA. I feel they clipped SG1's wings and due to Woolsey and the IOA, I think the Atlantis' wings will be clipped as well. You either go all out and they are totally to blame, or the coalition realizes what they have been doing and support them.

Not the best show, and truly, why did they need Woolsey again?
+Quote Post
Cypher
post Oct 27th 2008, 2:49 AM
Post #6

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13,080

Clip show and all, I think this was the worst episode of the series so far... Very unentertaining, boring. I was hoping they would be found quilty and escape by some other means. I'm rewatching some episodes of SG-1 these days and by comparison, this episode was absolute 0 sad.gif
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Oct 27th 2008, 4:27 AM
Post #7

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 745

QUOTE(ancient01 @ Oct 26th 2008, 9:31 PM) *

I hate clip shows. Stargate has typically done a decent job with them, but it's still a clip show... Hopefully next week will be more worthwhile.

They've had good clip shows in the past, though. Citizen Joe was hilarious and Letters from Pegasus was not only inspired but I also felt one of the best season 1 episodes.

This, however... was boring and predictable and rather pointless.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Oct 27th 2008, 9:49 AM
Post #8

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

Yeah nothing major good, and not as good as Atlantis' or SG-1s clip shows on the whole. Although still a mile ahead of Disclosure.

Yeah, it would have been interesting if they'd be found guilty, but at least the argument was swayed by politics rather then them genuinely being found innocent. Because let's face it, they are guilty. It's something I've thought about in the past, how basically they came into the galaxy, woke up the Wraith, created Michael and all those consequences, unleashed the Replicators into the galaxy. All they've done is hurt the galaxy, and I'm glad that that was brought up within the show, and the writers realised it as well. And why I'm glad that they weren't just 'found' innocent after the committee realised how right and heroic we are, there needed to be backhand politics.

But yeah, I've got to say though, in terms of how the clips were structured it did a good job of summing up the 5 years of arcs and stories in the show. But yeah, clip shows aren't great, and this was a bit predictable ect. But there were the points I said as well so... 4/10.
+Quote Post
BigusDickus
post Oct 27th 2008, 1:11 PM
Post #9

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,661

Meh hated this episode! Worst clip show ever! And like someone said, I completely forgot citizen joe was a clip episode as it was so entertaining smile.gif
+Quote Post
Dave312
post Oct 28th 2008, 2:44 AM
Post #10

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,343

I usually like clip shows, well the stargate ones at least. I find they tend to advance the plotline by adding small details to it. And it also allows you to get a clear grasp on everything that has happened so far. I do agree however that this episode wasn't great, but it wasn't that bad as everyone seems to make it out as. There is still Grace which takes the title of worst Stargate episode ever.

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Oct 28th 2008, 1:49 AM) *

Yeah nothing major good, and not as good as Atlantis' or SG-1s clip shows on the whole. Although still a mile ahead of Disclosure.

I actually liked that episode.
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Oct 28th 2008, 8:12 AM
Post #11

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 745

But Disclosure had Thor humiliating Kinsey!

"Supremep Commander" biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Oct 28th 2008, 8:27 AM
Post #12

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pitry @ Oct 28th 2008, 1:12 PM) *

But Disclosure had Thor humiliating Kinsey!

"Supremep Commander" biggrin.gif

Yeah, because 30 seconds of entertainment makes up for 41.5 minutes of extreme boredom.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Oct 28th 2008, 10:34 AM
Post #13

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Oct 28th 2008, 6:27 AM) *

Yeah, because 30 seconds of entertainment makes up for 41.5 minutes of extreme boredom.

Sometimes it does. When you rewatch that ep, you get to hate Kinsey all over again, and see Thor put him down.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Oct 28th 2008, 1:03 PM
Post #14

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Oct 28th 2008, 8:27 AM) *

Yes it does. I agree with everyone. Thor showing up and putting Kinsey in his place was priceless. I loved Thor telling him where O'Neill wanted Thor to send him, but I'm sure he was kidding. Anytime, anyone can put Kinsey in his place, I love it. Kinsey's holierthanthou mentality, just grates all the time. He always knows what is best and he should be the one to do it.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Oct 28th 2008, 1:25 PM
Post #15

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Oct 28th 2008, 6:03 PM) *

Yes it does. I agree with everyone. Thor showing up and putting Kinsey in his place was priceless. I loved Thor telling him where O'Neill wanted Thor to send him, but I'm sure he was kidding. Anytime, anyone can put Kinsey in his place, I love it. Kinsey's holierthanthou mentality, just grates all the time. He always knows what is best and he should be the one to do it.

Yeah, ok fair enough. But if they'd made the rest of the episode better as well then it would have been a good ep. 30 seconds doesn't do it for me, it's one good aspect to an otherwise poor episode. Politics was better because the arguments were more engaging, they were well written arguments. This episode was just people talking in a room, that isn't entertaining especially considering that we only knew a few of the characters and most of them not very well.

If they'd written the rest of the episode better, made the rest more interesting and then had the Thor bit I'm sure it would have been a great ep. But they didn't, and on that front I don't see 30 seconds to a minute making up for it.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Oct 29th 2008, 2:36 AM
Post #16

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Oct 28th 2008, 1:25 PM) *

Yeah, ok fair enough. But if they'd made the rest of the episode better as well then it would have been a good ep. 30 seconds doesn't do it for me, it's one good aspect to an otherwise poor episode. Politics was better because the arguments were more engaging, they were well written arguments. This episode was just people talking in a room, that isn't entertaining especially considering that we only knew a few of the characters and most of them not very well.

If they'd written the rest of the episode better, made the rest more interesting and then had the Thor bit I'm sure it would have been a great ep. But they didn't, and on that front I don't see 30 seconds to a minute making up for it.

I can understand that for you it didn't work, but for me it did. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. In fact, 30 seconds of what I would call bad writing can actually ruin a show for me. So I guess that 30 seconds of good writing, may not be enough to save it for you. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Nov 11th 2008, 4:12 PM
Post #17

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

I didn't think much of this episode, it was a clipshow. I don't need to be told what happened in previous seasons - I already know.
It was obvious the team would be found not guilty and that one of the judges would have a personal grudge against them.
+Quote Post
danielfan
post Nov 16th 2008, 2:18 PM
Post #18

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,002

QUOTE(ancient01 @ Oct 26th 2008, 2:31 PM) *

ITA...I'm not a big fan of clip shows but I do really enjoy Dsiclosure and in general Stargate clip shows are well done. However I just don't believe this one was done very well.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 22nd 2014 - 7:08 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.