post Oct 12th 2008, 9:02 PM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Season 5, Episode 11 - The Lost Tribe
Air date: October 10, 2008

Sheppard races to an Ancient laboratory to save McKay and Daniel Jackson before Todd arrives to destroy a weapon that has a devastating side-effect. Daniel uncovers the identity of the hostile new species.

Episode Guide | Spoilers | Teaser

(This topic is for people who have seen the episode to discuss it. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read this topic.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Oct 13th 2008, 12:10 AM
Post #2

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,251

Thanks for opening this up Arc.
I'll just transplant my thought from the spoiler thread.

There are two reasons why the Asgard ships weren't better. For one, they said that all of their intergalactic ships (meaning the ships they brought with them) had been destroyed, and they didn't have the resources to build new ones in Pegasus. That would support the arguement of Daf and I, that knowing how to build something doesn't mean that you can just start doing it. Also, the Asgard we knew and love had been advancing their military tech for the past 10,000 years due to constant military conflict. Meanwhile these Asgard were living in seclusion after getting their asses kicked by the Wraith. Now, that brings me to another point...

Now, the Asgard and the Ancients were defeated by the Wraith. I'm sure the Asgard were also technologically superior. The Wraith have a lot of military credibility now.

Also, they threw in that the stargates are indeed made of naguadah. Which some people were wondering about.

I thought both of these were great eps. I like the Travellers coming to ask for help, and being the ones to provide it. I did not see that coming at all. Once we did see them, I expected it to be in their Aurora class ship. It should have been the fastest, but then again, that would have made the battle at the end too easy. Shep would have destroyed everything with the drones, and that would have been the end of that.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Oct 13th 2008, 1:03 AM
Post #3

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

I have no idea how to go about it, but can the posts in the spoiler section for this episode we transplanted to this thread?
+Quote Post
Revan
post Oct 13th 2008, 2:48 AM
Post #4

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

I enjoyed seeing some of Ronon's vulnerability in this episode, when he told Keller he didn't have feelings for her.

I liked the space battle, and the new angle on an old friend... I hope we see more of the asgard before the end of the season.

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Oct 13th 2008, 2:03 AM) *

I have no idea how to go about it, but can the posts in the spoiler section for this episode we transplanted to this thread?

Copy and paste them?
+Quote Post
Vill
post Oct 13th 2008, 7:16 AM
Post #5

so long and thx for all the fish...
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,481

QUOTE(Revan @ Oct 13th 2008, 12:48 AM) *

Copy and paste them?

Nah - thread merge... wink.gif

Anyway - great conclusion to the story, although imo they could have stretched this one out for one more ep if they'd had the cajones to actually trash the Daedalus on the planets surface, and strand the survivors there instead of pulling the "hyperspace jump thru the planet" trick with the traveler vessel...

But that's just me... whistling.gif

Having said that - loved the space battle, had a lot of laughs at the back and forth between Daniel and McKay, as well as at Zelenkas' scenes in the Traveler ship engine room... biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Reignfire
post Oct 13th 2008, 5:39 PM
Post #6

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,640

My thoughts:
-Why is it they can't leave ended storylines alone? They decided to kill off the Asgard, giving them a peaceful death (sort of), but no. They just don't bring them back, but make them evil.

-I liked the Daniel/Rodney interacts, but they always had so much to say, they always seemed to talk really fast.
-Looks like I was right about Todd, he was around for the first time the device was active.
-I was hoping Larrin would show up, but it can't be her every time the Travelers show up.
-Why would the Travelers setup their first colony just not at a time the Wraith are active, but desperate for sources of food?

I probably have more, but it's been to long since I've seen the episode.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Oct 13th 2008, 6:33 PM
Post #7

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Reignfire @ Oct 13th 2008, 5:39 PM) *

My thoughts:

-I liked the Daniel/Rodney interacts, but they always had so much to say, they always seemed to talk really fast.

It wasn't that they had so much to say as the fact that is their characters. Whether, Rodney on SGA or Daniel on SG1, they both always talk fast. They always have. It's built into their characters. It's why I'm so glad I watch in closed caption, so I don't miss anything. wink.gif
+Quote Post
Reignfire
post Oct 13th 2008, 8:19 PM
Post #8

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,640

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Oct 13th 2008, 6:33 PM) *

It wasn't that they had so much to say as the fact that is their characters. Whether, Rodney on SGA or Daniel on SG1, they both always talk fast. They always have. It's built into their characters. It's why I'm so glad I watch in closed caption, so I don't miss anything. wink.gif

laugh.gif
I know they talk fast, but this seemed faster than usual to me. I don't know, maybe it's just because they were both doing it.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Oct 13th 2008, 11:52 PM
Post #9

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Reignfire @ Oct 13th 2008, 8:19 PM) *

laugh.gif
I know they talk fast, but this seemed faster than usual to me. I don't know, maybe it's just because they were both doing it.

That could be it. Usually it's Rodney on SGA, by himself. Then it's usually Daniel on SG1, by himself. You get the two of together and they just don't stop. What I find funny, they both at the same time, do they even listen? wink.gif
+Quote Post
StarFighter
post Oct 15th 2008, 7:49 AM
Post #10

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,924

I really liked First Contact but I thought this episode was a bit weak. It seemed all too easy. Everything from how they turn the device off by simply pulling the crystal to that Traveler's ship being able to take out all the Asgard ships. And then of course after they burn out their hyperdrive there were able to get it back up in time to save the Daedalus. All too easy.

Really the only thing I'm looking forward to is seeing how they repair the gate room. If I'm correct the last time the gate room was destroyed it took the Replicators full attention and parts of their ship.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Oct 18th 2008, 1:13 PM
Post #11

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(StarFighter @ Oct 15th 2008, 8:49 AM) *

Really the only thing I'm looking forward to is seeing how they repair the gate room. If I'm correct the last time the gate room was destroyed it took the Replicators full attention and parts of their ship.

Before it was repaired, there was blast damage on the walls of the control room. I also wonder if they are going to keep all the new blast scarring... and, what about the windows (which all got blown out)?
+Quote Post
d1craig
post Oct 28th 2008, 6:41 PM
Post #12

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,236

well nobody ever said there wasnt any asgaard out there that wanted to help themselves and NOT die (makes sense to me). the asgaard all seemed to good, there wer never any asgaard that wer real bad asses (like criminals or sumit) except loki and he wasnt really bad, everything he done he fixed and never really harmed any1 or thing.

this is my favourite episode of the series so far and it made me come and check these forums again for the 1st time in about 9 months only to find that the show has ben cancelled by the b*****ds at sci fi, fu** stargate universe i prefer this show as it isnt in the future like star trek or most other sci fi shows.

oh well i guess we wont get to know much about pegasus wraith sad.gif
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Oct 29th 2008, 12:56 AM
Post #13

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

Another good episode. I was really hoping the writers had changed Ronon but they took him back to the original "shoot first" character. They just don't seem to know what to do with him.
The Asgard were a very good addition. I liked that they were willing to do whatever it took to survive. The leader said their intergalactic ships had been destroyed, was it the Wraith who did that? I kind of fell alseep towards the end and missed the last 15 minutes so I'll have to go back and watch it. I just wish they'd drop the love triangle they have set up.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Oct 29th 2008, 2:33 AM
Post #14

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Oct 29th 2008, 12:56 AM) *

Another good episode. I was really hoping the writers had changed Ronon but they took him back to the original "shoot first" character. They just don't seem to know what to do with him.
The Asgard were a very good addition. I liked that they were willing to do whatever it took to survive. The leader said their intergalactic ships had been destroyed, was it the Wraith who did that? I kind of fell alseep towards the end and missed the last 15 minutes so I'll have to go back and watch it. I just wish they'd drop the love triangle they have set up.

Yeah the Wraith destroyed their ships and they didn't have the means, materials, etc. to make them once again. I'm also like you about the love triangle. I feel it's a waste of time and takes away from the story that I would like to see happen. Once again, this was a good episode.
+Quote Post
d1craig
post Oct 29th 2008, 9:27 AM
Post #15

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

i hate that this episode has come so close to the end of the series, introduce our best freinds again and then end the series. we can be sure the head of sci fi doesnt watch the show sad.gif
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Oct 30th 2008, 9:44 AM
Post #16

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Oct 28th 2008, 10:56 PM) *

Yes, Daf, it's like Indy said. And I loved how they pointed out that they didn't have the means or materials to build replacements, despite the obvious know how. That's a discussion that has gone on here many times.

As far as the love triangle.
» Click to Show Spoiler «
+Quote Post
d1craig
post Oct 30th 2008, 11:42 AM
Post #17

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

although i love the series all the things we are discussing has or will become obsolete after they cram it all into 1 final 90minute episde and ruin the series sad.gif

i was quite enjoying the mckay ronon love battle thing lol not that its my favourite story for sci fi programmes lol
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Oct 30th 2008, 3:51 PM
Post #18

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Oct 30th 2008, 9:44 AM) *

As far as the love triangle.
» Click to Show Spoiler «

Because a decision is made and frankly, I just don't care. sad.gif

QUOTE(d1craig @ Oct 30th 2008, 11:42 AM) *

although i love the series all the things we are discussing has or will become obsolete after they cram it all into 1 final 90minute episde and ruin the series sad.gif

i was quite enjoying the mckay ronon love battle thing lol not that its my favourite story for sci fi programmes lol

Whether they cram a story into a finale or not, the show was not been all that great. It's only the 3 episodes before this one that were outstanding. The rest of the series was so-so. It had moments, but just that, not even a whole season was great.

Don't fret they have already said they will not end the story and plan on having at least one movie if not more.
+Quote Post
OdinisThor'sDad
post Oct 31st 2008, 9:13 AM
Post #19

ASSgards are pussies!
Group Icon

Member No.: 490

Does anyone recall a thread years ago about the Asgard?
We were talking about their tech and what the glowing jewels in their hands do.

I then made a joke about Asgards in power armor running around kicking the crap out of everything.

MAn did I call that one. I called it about 5 years too early, but
I called it.

Good ep, but the Asgard turn out to be pussies again.

1) If a diamond tiped drill can't cu throught the armor how did their bullets? (don't give me that teflon coated depleted uranium shell BS.

2) Wouldn't their armor protect them from stun blasts? It seems that armor is prety useless.

What we need to see is Rodney with his personal shield, hook that up to his battle armor and running around kicking some ass.
+Quote Post
d1craig
post Oct 31st 2008, 5:29 PM
Post #20

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

like all super technology that is obtained easily sumit will happen and we will never see it again.

they wer stunned by ther wn weapons so it could be possible(i think).
+Quote Post
Parmenides
post Jan 12th 2009, 9:40 AM
Post #21

Birds ate his face.
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,770

Wow, a nice twist. I was warned before seeing this episode that there was a mega spoiler in it, and when I saw the name I thought "what, did a split-off branch of Goa'uld make the trek to the Pegasus thousands of years ago? biggrin.gif", but the Asgard are much better.

I feel I've seen a ship hyperspacing through a planet before... huh.gif rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
znl
post Nov 15th 2009, 2:30 PM
Post #22

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,573

I have one huge problem wityh this episode.

If the Asgard already knew of their clone problem by the time the accient where in pegasus , why the hell didn't they ask them for help saying that the acien wouldn't aprove on the experiments on humans doesn't cut it , since they should have been able to get the info from the accient without any real experiment, with the accient medical technology and the state of evolution the accient were on which would be close to what the asgard should be looking after.

+Quote Post
hawkes
post Dec 24th 2009, 8:21 PM
Post #23

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,104

It is strange that the Ancients wouldn't have done something to help the Asgard. Perhaps they were withdrawing more and more from other races and cultures at that time, what with losing so many of their people to a plague and then running into the Wraith. That's sure to make most wonder if it's even worth interacting with different races if it's just going to end up biting you in the ass.

Then again perhaps the Ancients choose to avoid anything to do with cloning technology after the situation with the Wraith... Or perhaps it was due to the Ancients helping the Asgard with cloning experiments that lead to the Wraith gaining that technology.

Still back to the episode, i still find this one of the top episodes of the entire run of Atlantis as it finally added a bit more depth that the Asgard really needed. Plus it atleast showed that the Asgard are capable of fighters when they need to be, something that wasn't really shown before and always seemed to be at odds with the gods they chose to identify with. It certainly would have been nice to have seen more of them, and perhaps if they'd been brought into the series earlier we may have had a nice replacement to all those boring replicator episodes. I wonder how long till they show up in Universe...
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Dec 24th 2009, 11:49 PM
Post #24

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(hawkes @ Dec 24th 2009, 8:21 PM) *

Still back to the episode, i still find this one of the top episodes of the entire run of Atlantis as it finally added a bit more depth that the Asgard really needed. Plus it atleast showed that the Asgard are capable of fighters when they need to be, something that wasn't really shown before and always seemed to be at odds with the gods they chose to identify with. It certainly would have been nice to have seen more of them, and perhaps if they'd been brought into the series earlier we may have had a nice replacement to all those boring replicator episodes. I wonder how long till they show up in Universe...

I have to agree with you about these Asgards. They were extemely interesting. It would have added to the series if they had more episodes involving them. Especially since the Asgards that we knew all died on SG1. This would be a nice way to continue on with them. I always felt that they meant more and were more to the humans than any Ancients. The Ancients didn't care, whereas the Asgards did.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 18th 2014 - 2:30 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.