JTMAG1
post Dec 25th 2009, 12:55 AM
Post #25

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Dec 24th 2009, 8:49 PM) *

I have to agree with you about these Asgards. They were extemely interesting. It would have added to the series if they had more episodes involving them. Especially since the Asgards that we knew all died on SG1. This would be a nice way to continue on with them. I always felt that they meant more and were more to the humans than any Ancients. The Ancients didn't care, whereas the Asgards did.

Thats a great point. The Ancients abandoned the humans while the Asgard took it upon themselves to protect them, which didn't really benefit them at all. The only explanation we ever got was that they've watched humans and felt that one day they could become the 5th race. I guess it's easy to wait around when you're pretty much living forever.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Dec 25th 2009, 3:54 PM
Post #26

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Dec 25th 2009, 12:55 AM) *

Thats a great point. The Ancients abandoned the humans while the Asgard took it upon themselves to protect them, which didn't really benefit them at all. The only explanation we ever got was that they've watched humans and felt that one day they could become the 5th race. I guess it's easy to wait around when you're pretty much living forever.

Yeah, they did wait to see what we would do, but Jack made his point, "we are a very curious race, we are out there now, doing the best we can." It was what led them to consider us the 5th race. In the end, by knowing Jack and seeing how far "we are evolved" they felt we had made it, or they wouldn't have transferred everything over to us before they died. It was like a parent, getting ready to move on, but making sure the children had what they needed to continue on.
+Quote Post
Shylodog
post Dec 26th 2009, 12:59 AM
Post #27

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,463

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Dec 24th 2009, 9:55 PM) *

Before we beat the Ancients up too bad, what would we do if we found a race of newly evolved Asgard? Just coming into their own industrial revolution, or better yet, being forced into servitude against their will by the Pegasus Galaxy Asgard? We probably couldn't defeat them entirely, but if we could create a treaty and setup a few planets that were under our protection....

Get where I'm going?

Maybe the Ancients asked the Asgard to watch over us, as they were leaving forever. Possibly due to the Replicators, the Asgard were unable to watch over us for a period of time, and that's when the Gou'ald moved in... so many scenarios, been there, doen that, so little time...

biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Dec 26th 2009, 12:30 PM
Post #28

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shylodog @ Dec 25th 2009, 9:59 PM) *

Before we beat the Ancients up too bad, what would we do if we found a race of newly evolved Asgard? Just coming into their own industrial revolution, or better yet, being forced into servitude against their will by the Pegasus Galaxy Asgard? We probably couldn't defeat them entirely, but if we could create a treaty and setup a few planets that were under our protection....

Get where I'm going?

Maybe the Ancients asked the Asgard to watch over us, as they were leaving forever. Possibly due to the Replicators, the Asgard were unable to watch over us for a period of time, and that's when the Gou'ald moved in... so many scenarios, been there, doen that, so little time...

biggrin.gif

I don't get where you're going... huh.gif

I was saying that the Asgard were noble for doing what they did, they helped humans while it didn't serve them at all (until the replicator issue got out of hand).

There were other races, like the Nox and the Tolan that could have helped theTau'ri and it would have served them greatly in their battles with the Goa'uld but they didn't.

This post has been edited by JTMAG1: Dec 26th 2009, 7:32 PM
+Quote Post
Shylodog
post Dec 26th 2009, 3:10 PM
Post #29

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Dec 26th 2009, 9:30 AM) *

I was saying that the Asgard were noble for doing what they did, they helped humans while it didn't serve them at all (until the replicator issue got out of hand).

There were other races, like the Nox and the Tolan that could have helped theTau'ri and it would have served them greatly in their battles with the Goa'uld but they didn't.

You were so confused you posted twice? 1.gif

I got the feeling from your previous post that we were giving the Ancients a smack on the head for leaving the Asgard to clean up the mess by helping/protecting us. If that wasn't your intent, my bad. I was just saying maybe the Ancients couldn't help us, aside from the rules of ascension, instead of wouldn't.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Dec 26th 2009, 7:35 PM
Post #30

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shylodog @ Dec 26th 2009, 12:10 PM) *

You were so confused you posted twice? 1.gif

I got the feeling from your previous post that we were giving the Ancients a smack on the head for leaving the Asgard to clean up the mess by helping/protecting us. If that wasn't your intent, my bad. I was just saying maybe the Ancients couldn't help us, aside from the rules of ascension, instead of wouldn't.

Oh I see. Yeah, I was giving the Asgard props.

I think that the rules the Ancients follow aren't necssarily their rules, but the rules of those who ascended before them.
+Quote Post
Shylodog
post Dec 26th 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #31

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Dec 26th 2009, 4:35 PM) *

I think that the rules the Ancients follow aren't necssarily their rules, but the rules of those who ascended before them.

totally agree with ya there. Who that is, we'll probably never be told.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Dec 27th 2009, 12:40 PM
Post #32

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Dec 26th 2009, 7:35 PM) *

Oh I see. Yeah, I was giving the Asgard props.

QUOTE(Shylodog @ Dec 26th 2009, 10:59 PM) *

totally agree with ya there. Who that is, we'll probably never be told.

In this I must totally agree with you both. While I can see why they didn't want to give us too much and create something or someone that would do more harm, ascending Anubis, or Orlin (weapon) for instance, I think there were times they could have helped at least with their protection. In that, I believe as JTM does, the Asgards did more for us.

With the NOX, I got the impression that they couldn't be bothered since we were "the very young" and didn't believe as they did. As far as the Tolans, we were "primitive" and they only wanted us or needed us when they were in trouble and couldn't defend themselves anymore against the Goa'uld.

Of the 4 original races, Ancients, Asgards, NOX and Furlings, only the Asgards did their best to try and help us in the only way they good, with protection, and yes the Tolan were not a part of that, but they were a very advanced race as well.
+Quote Post
Shylodog
post Dec 27th 2009, 4:37 PM
Post #33

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Dec 27th 2009, 9:40 AM) *

... yes the Tolan were not a part of that, but they were a very advanced race as well.

Which is what cracks me up, because the Tolan were humans from Earth, according to Daniel. They just didn't have the Dark Ages to stifle their technological development. But just like the humans of earth, they didn't want to share their upper hand.

I'm glad the Tolans got wiped out. Unlike the Nox. The Nox potentially being wiped out makes me cry a little. crying.gif
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Dec 27th 2009, 9:01 PM
Post #34

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shylodog @ Dec 27th 2009, 4:37 PM) *

Which is what cracks me up, because the Tolan were humans from Earth, according to Daniel. They just didn't have the Dark Ages to stifle their technological development. But just like the humans of earth, they didn't want to share their upper hand.

I'm glad the Tolans got wiped out. Unlike the Nox. The Nox potentially being wiped out makes me cry a little. crying.gif

As far as the Tolans, not all got wiped out. They did say that some made it through, but we have no idea how many or where they went to. For the most part, they are pretty much gone. The thing about the Tolans, for me, they were much like the To'kra, very arrogant. I think that is why they became such friends. wink.gif
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 24th 2014 - 2:00 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.