IndyJan
post Aug 25th 2008, 12:35 PM
Post #25

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Aug 25th 2008, 9:22 AM) *

What was the point of this post. You said the same thing 3 hours before. You don't like drama. You are welcome to only be in it for the action, but even the best actin shows on tv have their share of drama.

I agree. The drama isn't what made this episode bad. It was the fact that it was Tao of Rodney in reverse. There was nothing there. I love Kate as his sister, but she was worthless in this episode. As others have already said, trying to show that there was a relationship between Rodney and Keller was stupid. They had one drink together, nothing more. The only thing good about this episode was the action of David.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Aug 25th 2008, 1:23 PM
Post #26

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Aug 25th 2008, 6:35 PM) *

I agree. The drama isn't what made this episode bad. It was the fact that it was Tao of Rodney in reverse. There was nothing there. I love Kate as his sister, but she was worthless in this episode. As others have already said, trying to show that there was a relationship between Rodney and Keller was stupid. They had one drink together, nothing more. The only thing good about this episode was the action of David.

They weren't trying to show there was a relationship, they were trying to set it up. I happen to think they go very well together, they're both each others types in their own weird ways. But they go well imo, and to be frank, I'd rather see them develop a relationship like this then just set up that two characters may like each other, hint at it every season or 2, and then do nothing with it.

(I do happen to also think that you're more likely to think McKay and Keller work as a relationship if you like Kellar...yeah, that helps!)

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Aug 25th 2008, 1:23 PM
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Aug 25th 2008, 4:44 PM
Post #27

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Aug 25th 2008, 1:23 PM) *

They weren't trying to show there was a relationship, they were trying to set it up. I happen to think they go very well together, they're both each others types in their own weird ways. But they go well imo, and to be frank, I'd rather see them develop a relationship like this then just set up that two characters may like each other, hint at it every season or 2, and then do nothing with it.

(I do happen to also think that you're more likely to think McKay and Keller work as a relationship if you like Kellar...yeah, that helps!)

Well since I'm not a Keller fan and the annoying Rodney irritates the heck out of me, I guess for the rest of the season, I can just FF their scenes. wink.gif Seriously, I actually saw more chemistry between Keller and Ronon during Quarantine then I have seen between Rodney and Keller. I actually liked Keller during that episode because she became more real to me. She was more fleshed out. We found out things about her and Ronon became more real because he shared with her, as well. In fact, I think I said the same in the episode thread. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Aug 26th 2008, 6:37 AM
Post #28

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 745

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Aug 25th 2008, 9:23 PM) *

Change that to "not actively dislike her" - I don't have a [problem with the relatinoship and I don't particularily like her, I just don't bother to actively dislike her. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Wisdonplusone
post Aug 26th 2008, 5:25 PM
Post #29

Airman Basic

Member No.: 17,414

Remember the look on Wosley's face when he heard that Rhonin was hunting at age six - What a sheltered life we humans live...

Rhonin vs. McKay for the affections of Jennifer....Wonder who would set the rules and who would win?
+Quote Post
Joda
post Aug 30th 2008, 6:34 AM
Post #30

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,542

Mckay would win. He's brainier. He'd just beam Ronan out into orbit or something clever like that.

Maybe McKay is in rebound mode... Has anyone here ever been in love with someone, then had the relationship end for whatever reason, then meet someone else and you're still feeling the feelings from the previous relationship? You think you're in love with this new girl, and maybe you are, but you're mostly just all messed up. Course, maybe he's recovered and really does love her. It happens too.

Anywho, always good to see Jeannie. Ronan... he's a mans man for sure. The dock scene, well done. Hewlitt's performance, excellent. I liked this one.
+Quote Post
Wisdonplusone
post Sep 9th 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #31

Airman Basic

Member No.: 17,414

Love the fact that we can see the same episode the following week, nice to see what I missed the previous week. Still think that this is the best McKay, but considering Hewlitt's bare butt in Men of Atlantas - the man has guts.
+Quote Post
OdinisThor'sDad
post Sep 18th 2008, 6:21 AM
Post #32

ASSgards are pussies!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 490

QUOTE(Revan @ Aug 24th 2008, 4:25 AM) *

Well he bought her a drink once, and then she ate his fruit cup. smile.gif

As a fellow Canadian I know for a fact that we don't share our fruit cups until the 5th or 6th date.

They were almost going steady by then ;)
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Sep 23rd 2008, 4:39 PM
Post #33

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

I was expecting this to be a good episode but it wasn't. There was really little point to it. Kate Hewlett was wasted here. Everything seemed too convenient, a parasite common through Pegasus suddenly affects a member of the team, conveniently there a place that allows an infected person have one more day with their friends before they die, conveniently this world is held by 10,000 Wraith (where were they all?) making it dangerous, conveniently the shrine allows Keller to come up with a treatment.
The only good things were David's performance and the few lines Woolsey had talking about his father. Unfortunately, a good actor and a few good lines don't compensate for a pretty weak plot. I would have expected more from Brad Wright.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Sep 25th 2008, 3:15 PM
Post #34

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Sep 23rd 2008, 4:39 PM) *

I was expecting this to be a good episode but it wasn't. There was really little point to it. Kate Hewlett was wasted here. Everything seemed too convenient, a parasite common through Pegasus suddenly affects a member of the team, conveniently there a place that allows an infected person have one more day with their friends before they die, conveniently this world is held by 10,000 Wraith (where were they all?) making it dangerous, conveniently the shrine allows Keller to come up with a treatment.
The only good things were David's performance and the few lines Woolsey had talking about his father. Unfortunately, a good actor and a few good lines don't compensate for a pretty weak plot. I would have expected more from Brad Wright.

Daf ITA and said pretty much the same thing. I was vastly disappointed in this episode and since it was from BW, even more so. The only good thing was David's acting but that doesn't make up for a poorly written episode.
+Quote Post
Parmenides
post Dec 15th 2008, 5:17 PM
Post #35

Birds ate his face.
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,770

Bit of a bore, really. I did not enjoy the monologues of Rodney on the video, they were just tedious to watch, and felt really staged. Also, the jumpy structure of the episode didn't really work - what did it add? They should have just had one big flashback of them explaining things to Jeannie.

The Pegasus sure loves its galaxy-wide parasites, doesn't it? 1.gif
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Dec 15th 2008, 7:17 PM
Post #36

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Parmenides @ Dec 15th 2008, 5:17 PM) *

Bit of a bore, really. I did not enjoy the monologues of Rodney on the video, they were just tedious to watch, and felt really staged. Also, the jumpy structure of the episode didn't really work - what did it add? They should have just had one big flashback of them explaining things to Jeannie.

The Pegasus sure loves its galaxy-wide parasites, doesn't it? 1.gif

I guess because the Wraith are not really all that. They don't have a good enemy like the Gou'ald and they truly didn't do anything remotely well with the Replicators, Human-Form.

Personally, I think they have just run out of stories and don't know what to do. They have recycled quite a few of the SG1 stories, and have not added anything to them, IMO. SG1 was first and did them better.
+Quote Post
Parmenides
post Dec 16th 2008, 1:02 PM
Post #37

Birds ate his face.
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,770

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Dec 16th 2008, 12:17 AM) *

I guess because the Wraith are not really all that. They don't have a good enemy like the Gou'ald and they truly didn't do anything remotely well with the Replicators, Human-Form.

Personally, I think they have just run out of stories and don't know what to do. They have recycled quite a few of the SG1 stories, and have not added anything to them, IMO. SG1 was first and did them better.

I wasn't even meaning the Wraith, but good point! I was talking about that adolescent virus that all the kids in Pegasus seem to get. It was in season four, was it not?

I don't know why they insist on copying SG1/old storylines so much - from copying entire enemies, like the Replicators, to just single episode plots, it's just weird that they think they can get away with it, or that it will be as entertaining as originality.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Dec 17th 2008, 6:07 AM
Post #38

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(Parmenides @ Dec 16th 2008, 6:02 PM) *

I wasn't even meaning the Wraith, but good point! I was talking about that adolescent virus that all the kids in Pegasus seem to get. It was in season four, was it not?

I don't know why they insist on copying SG1/old storylines so much - from copying entire enemies, like the Replicators, to just single episode plots, it's just weird that they think they can get away with it, or that it will be as entertaining as originality.

Mallozzi has said a number of times that as it's different characters it's totally different (seriously). But if you have a big plot, like Lifeline, the characters be they in either show will basically react the same way, heroically. And if you have two stories where the focus of the plot is on the story rather then the characters, it will be the same!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 21st 2014 - 2:38 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.