Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate Atlantis: General Discussion

This area is for general discussion of Stargate Atlantis only. Atlantis spoilers belong in the Spoilers & Speculation section. There are separate categories for Stargate SG-1 Discussion and Stargate Universe Discussion. Complete forum rules are available here.

Atlantis Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zats in Atlantis?, Should they have them or should they stick to P90s?
Zats in Atlantis?
Should they have them or should they stick to P90s?
Bring them in! [ 5 ] ** [45.45%]
Leave them with the Jaffa! [ 6 ] ** [54.55%]
Total Votes: 11
Guests cannot vote 
Reyvin_Vinnex
post Aug 1st 2008, 11:29 AM
Post #1

Airman
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,278

Should Atlantis Personnel pack hot Zat'niketels or would they be redundant?

Consider the fact that besides Aris Boch, no species ever observed has survived two shots from a Zat. There is also the magical vaporizing third shot to consider!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Aug 1st 2008, 2:39 PM
Post #2

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

I don't see any reason why they should. Why make it easy? The Atlantis team already have access to some Wraith stunners.
+Quote Post
Reyvin_Vinnex
post Aug 1st 2008, 5:00 PM
Post #3

Airman
Group Icon

True, that, my freind. But can you kill with a stunner (skewering yer target with the sharp end don't count, do not even think about posting that!)? No, never!

Zats are like utility weapons; you can flare up a campfire to scare off mosters ("1969"), you can make all sorts of stuff go away forever ("Serpent's Lair" I think . . .), you can spice up a crude hyperdrive ("Lost City"), and the list goes on. What can you do with a Wraith stunner? Stun people. Some people. And it don't even hurt. Sure, if your'e ready for it, the Zat dosen't even K.O. you, but it WILL knock you on your butt, garunteed! Enzyme junkies barely blink at the blast of a stunner! (the hive that seemed to have countered this was destroyed, so it's quite possible that Ford's posse [presuming he survived the destruction of said hive] won't have the same problem.) Stunners are just too . . . one functional! And untill the Atlantis Expedition can get the Travelers to fork over an armory of those uber-sweet pistols of theirs, the Gao'uld Zat'niketel is the best thing for a Stargate Team member to keep in their shin holster.

"That's my Story, and I'm Stickn' to it!" whistling.gif

PS; AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by Reyvin_Vinnex: Aug 1st 2008, 5:03 PM
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Aug 2nd 2008, 5:36 AM
Post #4

General
Group Icon

The stunners can't kill, they just stun. The Wraith use them to incapacitate Humans so they can return them to their ship.
I agree the Zats are an effective weapon and logically every team should have them as a side arm but having a weapon than can kill in two shots doesn't make an interesting episode.
+Quote Post
Reyvin_Vinnex
post Aug 2nd 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #5

Airman
Group Icon

Well, I disagree. But that's okay. We have a right to differ. I just hope I get some votes someday . . . I haven't gotten a rignle response to my topic in the fan art section; "Atlantis Sounds; where, oh where could they be?". Dozens of views, ZERO responses . . . not even a "no, I haven't seen any, anywhere" post!!! I might as well just add posts myself in a vain and desparate attempt to draw some attention - ANY attention - to my seemingly ignored topic!

crying.gif WAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
SKATO
post Sep 4th 2008, 5:50 PM
Post #6

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 14,622

I cant see the team sitting around a camp fire tongue.gif

If they want to stun someone they'll use a stunner. If they want to kill someone they'll use a P90.

In the words of Jack, "This is a weapon of WAR, Its made to KILL your enemy!" biggrin.gif

EDIT: Oops... Old topic.

This post has been edited by SKATO: Sep 4th 2008, 6:09 PM
+Quote Post
Reyvin_Vinnex
post Sep 23rd 2008, 1:46 PM
Post #7

Airman
Group Icon

QUOTE(SKATO @ Sep 4th 2008, 6:50 PM) *

I cant see the team sitting around a camp fire tongue.gif

I don't see why not! If you're stuck on a cold planet, for some reason, what do you do? Make a campfire. Besides, that was only an example of the utility of the Zat-gun. They're very usefull tools and weapons. Additionaly, the Wraith stunner can take a whole lot of shots to knock someone out, while a zat will at least leave you incapacitated in agony if you don't become unconscious on one shot!
+Quote Post
Carter-Hot
post Oct 16th 2008, 3:18 PM
Post #8

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,067

IMO, they should use Zats as well as P90s as they are rather combat. Originally people say that Zats don't work yet they appear to work quite well.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Oct 18th 2008, 1:16 PM
Post #9

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

Zats tend to be inefficient in some circumstances. Besides, if they really want to stun stuff, now they have Wraith weapons, which do nothing but stun.
+Quote Post
Stargate SG1 Girl
post Oct 28th 2008, 3:28 AM
Post #10

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 21,479

Personally I think the Zats should just stay as a weapon from SG1 and the Wraith Stunners stay as a weapon from Atlantis.
+Quote Post
Reyvin_Vinnex
post Jan 5th 2009, 5:06 PM
Post #11

Airman
Group Icon

And then there are the Travelers' Pistols, Like the one Ronon has. Even Teal'c says he MUST have one. Or two, knowing Teal'c. Too bad the series is going out, it's still got a lot of life left in it. A lot of questions to answer, places to go, relationships to see grow. But they want their money, and they figure DVDs will get it . . . We (as fans of the series) should band together and boycott the Atlantis DVDs when they come out. Tell the producers that we won't take anything but the series. If they want money, too bad! Can't make money if the consumers won't buy the product!
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Mar 23rd 2009, 8:00 AM
Post #12

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(Reyvin_Vinnex @ Jan 6th 2009, 12:06 AM) *

And then there are the Travelers' Pistols, Like the one Ronon has. Even Teal'c says he MUST have one. Or two, knowing Teal'c. Too bad the series is going out, it's still got a lot of life left in it. A lot of questions to answer, places to go, relationships to see grow. But they want their money, and they figure DVDs will get it . . . We (as fans of the series) should band together and boycott the Atlantis DVDs when they come out. Tell the producers that we won't take anything but the series. If they want money, too bad! Can't make money if the consumers won't buy the product!

I don't think that has a chance in hell of working though... 1.gif

First of all, there is the issue of all fans banding together. There are fans all over the world. I don't see how a banding can be achieved in less than 100 years. But if it does succeed eventually, there is:

Second of all, there is the issue of nobody caring what the fans think, and seeing that their project idea was not a success, the producers turning away even from making the movies and releasing the DVDs, due to lack of profit. Fans won't have anything left to do after that, except burn down Hollywood or something. whistling.gif

I do agree with the beginning of your post. I can say that the Atlantis show "died" a little young. It certainly felt that way at the end of Season 5. But than again, SG-1 felt the same when it ended after being revitalized. Fortunately, the franchise is far from dead, hoping that SGU would be a success.
+Quote Post
Reyvin_Vinnex
post Aug 6th 2009, 11:20 AM
Post #13

Airman
Group Icon

Do you mean to say that they're dropping Atlantis entirely?! They'd better not! I wanna see more about those darkside Asgard!
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Aug 6th 2009, 4:32 PM
Post #14

General
Group Icon

Atlantis was cancelled some time ago. There were rumors thatit would continue in DVD movies but considering the third SG-1 movie is in a bit of trouble at the moment, I wouldn't hold my breath for an Atlantis movie.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Aug 6th 2009, 8:27 PM
Post #15

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Aug 6th 2009, 2:32 PM) *

Atlantis was cancelled some time ago. There were rumors thatit would continue in DVD movies but considering the third SG-1 movie is in a bit of trouble at the moment, I wouldn't hold my breath for an Atlantis movie.

Yeah, the SGA - Extrinction movie is having financial issuses and it's status is listed as "pre-production" That update came in May 2009
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 25th 2014 - 12:28 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.