Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate Atlantis: General Discussion

This area is for general discussion of Stargate Atlantis only. Atlantis spoilers belong in the Spoilers & Speculation section. There are separate categories for Stargate SG-1 Discussion and Stargate Universe Discussion. Complete forum rules are available here.

Atlantis Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> naquadria?
lancelot2
post May 23rd 2008, 1:08 PM
Post #1

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,443

i was just wondering if the goul'd steal all their technology was naquadria perhaps also an ancient invention and the goul'd who created it on pangaera was just using notes that he'd stolen from some ancient source.
if that is the case could there be some notes on how to get a stable reaction from it in the ancient database in atlantis? because if that was the case wouldn't a naquadria generator be able to better power atlantis's sheild/weapons and maybe even the hyperdrive (of course you'd probably need 4-5 of them for that). I was just watching fallen/homecoming and thought of how we don't ever hear about the element anymore and how it'd be nice to hear about it's use again even if it was just for a bomb (the mark 9 bombs are still naquada and not naquadria which i still don't understand)also if detonating a naquadria bomb will start a chain reaction to produce more then could we create our own on a lifelesss planet? just a few random ideas.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post May 23rd 2008, 1:59 PM
Post #2

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ May 23rd 2008, 9:08 PM) *

i was just wondering if the goul'd steal all their technology was naquadria perhaps also an ancient invention and the goul'd who created it on pangaera was just using notes that he'd stolen from some ancient source.
if that is the case could there be some notes on how to get a stable reaction from it in the ancient database in atlantis? because if that was the case wouldn't a naquadria generator be able to better power atlantis's sheild/weapons and maybe even the hyperdrive (of course you'd probably need 4-5 of them for that). I was just watching fallen/homecoming and thought of how we don't ever hear about the element anymore and how it'd be nice to hear about it's use again even if it was just for a bomb (the mark 9 bombs are still naquada and not naquadria which i still don't understand)also if detonating a naquadria bomb will start a chain reaction to produce more then could we create our own on a lifelesss planet? just a few random ideas.

I really doubt the naquadria arc will be retaken for Atlantis. At the moment, they have the potential to power the city with ZPMs. Whenever they would run out of one, they will find a way to get more.

The chain reaction was set to create naquadria out of naquadah. So, if there wouldn't be any naquadah already, no, we wouldn't be able to create our own on a lifeless planet. smile.gif
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post May 23rd 2008, 3:50 PM
Post #3

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ May 23rd 2008, 7:59 PM) *

I really doubt the naquadria arc will be retaken for Atlantis. At the moment, they have the potential to power the city with ZPMs. Whenever they would run out of one, they will find a way to get more.

The chain reaction was set to create naquadria out of naquadah. So, if there wouldn't be any naquadah already, no, we wouldn't be able to create our own on a lifeless planet. smile.gif

well the naquadria arc was and is still valid even if they chose not to use it.

also I when i said about the chain reaction I did mean on a planet that already had naquadah.at which point they would then have the ability to creat as much as they'd ever need. one thing i am wondering is if the chain reaction would work on another element that was similar to naquadah? if so maybe they could use that as a way to produce a stable reaction from a new type of naquadria that was more stable and yet still gives off the tremendous power?
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post May 23rd 2008, 4:37 PM
Post #4

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ May 23rd 2008, 11:50 PM) *

well the naquadria arc was and is still valid even if they chose not to use it.

Where did I mention that the naquadria arc was not valid? There are so many old story arcs never revisited by the writers. What makes you think this one would be different? 1.gif

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ May 23rd 2008, 11:50 PM) *

also I when i said about the chain reaction I did mean on a planet that already had naquadah.at which point they would then have the ability to creat as much as they'd ever need. one thing i am wondering is if the chain reaction would work on another element that was similar to naquadah? if so maybe they could use that as a way to produce a stable reaction from a new type of naquadria that was more stable and yet still gives off the tremendous power?

For SG-1, there is too little time to go into exploring naquadria and how it could be obtained from similar elements. Frankly, the writers will not bother with this.

For Atlantis, since it was not mentioned in 4 seasons, I doubt it will be mentioned now, as TPTB have shown they want few connections between SG-1 and Atlantis, plus I already mentioned "only ZPMs".

Don't misunderstand. It's not that I don't want naquadria to be used again, it's that I think it is highly unlikely. There are many old story arcs I want revisited. smile.gif

P.S.: Don't bring anything up regarding Universe without spoiler tags and a proper announcement. whistling.gif

This post has been edited by KillerMarv: May 23rd 2008, 4:37 PM
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post May 24th 2008, 1:54 AM
Post #5

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ May 23rd 2008, 10:37 PM) *

P.S.: Don't bring anything up regarding Universe without spoiler tags and a proper announcement. whistling.gif

i haven't mentioned universe at all in this thread?
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post May 24th 2008, 3:00 AM
Post #6

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ May 24th 2008, 9:54 AM) *

i haven't mentioned universe at all in this thread?

And I haven't mentioned that you did. 1.gif

I should have stated "Don't bring anything up regarding Universe without spoiler tags and a proper announcement in the future of this thread." though. biggrin.gif

I only did that because I stated reasons for not bringing naquadria up for both Stargate shows, and someone might try to bring up a reason for Universe to bring it up. Only took precautions. whistling.gif

This post has been edited by KillerMarv: May 24th 2008, 3:00 AM
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post May 24th 2008, 3:23 PM
Post #7

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ May 24th 2008, 9:00 AM) *

And I haven't mentioned that you did. 1.gif

I should have stated "Don't bring anything up regarding Universe without spoiler tags and a proper announcement in the future of this thread." though. biggrin.gif

I only did that because I stated reasons for not bringing naquadria up for both Stargate shows, and someone might try to bring up a reason for Universe to bring it up. Only took precautions. whistling.gif

oh right i see.but yes i was wondering are there elements similar to naquadah in pegasus? i mean obviously if naquadah is a fairly common element then that will be present but are there similar elements is what i'd like to know.if you think about it plutonium and uranium are fairly similar aren't they? if you look at the
atomic structure!
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post May 24th 2008, 4:42 PM
Post #8

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ May 24th 2008, 11:23 PM) *

oh right i see.but yes i was wondering are there elements similar to naquadah in pegasus? i mean obviously if naquadah is a fairly common element then that will be present but are there similar elements is what i'd like to know.if you think about it plutonium and uranium are fairly similar aren't they? if you look at the
atomic structure!

We know there is no naquadah in Pegasus for sure, the Stargates are built from a different element in that galaxy. Whether that element is similar to naquadah cannot be known for sure.

May I ask why do you think that Uranium or Plutonium would be similar to naquadah? Why not Americium or Curium or Neptunium? For instance, even though Americium is next to Plutonium, it generates 7 times more heat through fusion (14 against 2 kJ/mol) and 5 more kJ/mol than Uranium (14 against 9). smile.gif
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post May 25th 2008, 4:02 AM
Post #9

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ May 24th 2008, 10:42 PM) *

We know there is no naquadah in Pegasus for sure, the Stargates are built from a different element in that galaxy. Whether that element is similar to naquadah cannot be known for sure.

May I ask why do you think that Uranium or Plutonium would be similar to naquadah? Why not Americium or Curium or Neptunium? For instance, even though Americium is next to Plutonium, it generates 7 times more heat through fusion (14 against 2 kJ/mol) and 5 more kJ/mol than Uranium (14 against 9). smile.gif

i wasn't saying that plutonium or uranium was similar to naquadah.i was saying that plutonium and uranium
are similar to each other.also we don't know that naquadah is not present in pegasus but i thnik it may be assumed that there is significantly less of it! now i know you like to show off your smarts but most ordinary none scientifically backgrounded people (like me) have never heard of the elements americium,curium or neptunium! plutonium and uranium are the main ones we would know about so that is why i used those as a comparison to a possible similar element to naquadah.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post May 25th 2008, 5:48 AM
Post #10

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ May 25th 2008, 12:02 PM) *

i wasn't saying that plutonium or uranium was similar to naquadah.i was saying that plutonium and uranium
are similar to each other.also we don't know that naquadah is not present in pegasus but i thnik it may be assumed that there is significantly less of it! now i know you like to show off your smarts but most ordinary none scientifically backgrounded people (like me) have never heard of the elements americium,curium or neptunium! plutonium and uranium are the main ones we would know about so that is why i used those as a comparison to a possible similar element to naquadah.

The fact that I showed you an example on how very similar (on atomic structure) elements can have very different energy readings is not called "showing off". Even if you are not implying that Uranium and Plutonium were similar to naquadah, my example shows you how similarity on atomic level is not always the most important in describing how an element behaves. smile.gif

I understand that none scientifically backgrounded people like yourself never heard of them, but a none laziness backgrounded person would simply type "Periodic Table" on Google and click the first link that pops up which is actually a picture of the Periodic Table describing each element. whistling.gif

This post has been edited by KillerMarv: May 25th 2008, 5:49 AM
+Quote Post
jacksworld
post May 25th 2008, 12:57 PM
Post #11

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,030

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ May 25th 2008, 6:48 AM) *

The fact that I showed you an example on how very similar (on atomic structure) elements can have very different energy readings is not called "showing off". Even if you are not implying that Uranium and Plutonium were similar to naquadah, my example shows you how similarity on atomic level is not always the most important in describing how an element behaves. smile.gif

I understand that none scientifically backgrounded people like yourself never heard of them, but a none laziness backgrounded person would simply type "Periodic Table" on Google and click the first link that pops up which is actually a picture of the Periodic Table describing each element. whistling.gif

Lmao...sorry i don't mean any disrespect to anyone but i do find that kinda amusing.

This post has been edited by jacksworld: May 25th 2008, 1:12 PM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 28th 2014 - 3:29 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.