Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate Atlantis: Spoilers & Speculation

This area is for Atlantis spoilers. There are separate categories for SG-1 Spoilers and Universe Spoilers. Complete forum rules are available here.

Atlantis Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 5.11 'The Lost Tribe', Mid-season two-parter conclusion
Aussie_Bloke
post May 9th 2008, 1:06 AM
Post #1

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,259

From Solutions....

» Click to Show Spoiler «

I can't believe it!!! Isn't anything that dies on Stargate really dead?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joda
post May 9th 2008, 1:25 AM
Post #2

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,542

Maybe it takes place before Unending?

Though I doubt that... maybe a few Asgard decided not to kick it, or they just didn't get the memo.

Could be interesting... I'd like to see how Todd gets out of this one without a shot to the head from Ronan's blaster.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post May 9th 2008, 2:35 PM
Post #3

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

Considering Janus' tech is involved, I can see this involving time travel. I really can't see TPTB bringing back an Asgard then releasing an episode description that says the Asgard knows his race is dying.
+Quote Post
Aussie_Bloke
post May 10th 2008, 8:41 PM
Post #4

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

What about a "Pegasus Asgard" theory? Surely we would have heard from then by now...but you never know....
+Quote Post
Dave312
post May 11th 2008, 2:39 AM
Post #5

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,343

QUOTE(Aussie_Bloke @ May 11th 2008, 11:41 AM) *

What about a "Pegasus Asgard" theory? Surely we would have heard from then by now...but you never know....

What do you mean by a "Pegasus Asgard" theory? A group of Asgard's set up a base in Pegasus?

This is another episode that looks rather interesting. I agree with Daf that it sounds like it could involve time travel and we do know that this takes place after the SG-1 episode Unending.
+Quote Post
Aussie_Bloke
post May 11th 2008, 6:58 AM
Post #6

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

I just mean similar to the 'Pegasus Replcators' - in that they are entirely seperate from the Ida Galaxy Asgard and might have better (or worse) technology. This could explain why they didn't participate in the big bang???

But most likely just a small group or maybe even 1 asgard managed to get ahold of a Janus Timeship and jumped ahead of their own species' destruction.
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post May 12th 2008, 4:43 AM
Post #7

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,443

perhaps
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post May 12th 2008, 1:00 PM
Post #8

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

An interesting possibility but
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post May 12th 2008, 4:23 PM
Post #9

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

I agree since Janus is involved, I'm sure it will have something to do with Time Travel, but what?

I have a hard time believing they would bring back an Asgard when they went to the trouble to kill them all off, but with M & M involved who knows what their thinking might be. I truly hated the demise of the Asgards. Like Jack, I liked those little gray guys. smile.gif
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post May 13th 2008, 9:58 AM
Post #10

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ May 12th 2008, 7:00 PM) *

An interesting possibility but

+Quote Post
BigusDickus
post May 14th 2008, 1:00 PM
Post #11

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,661

Well loki was a rogue asguard hiding from all the other asguard when he cloned o'neill in sg1. And by the looks of this asguard's methods, mabye he is a rogue one too who fled to the pegasus galaxy. Who knows Lighten.gif
+Quote Post
JC1
post May 14th 2008, 1:20 PM
Post #12

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 342

From the the title of the episode, "The Lost Tribe", I would guess that this Asgard they encounter is a part of a small group Asgard that broke away from the rest of the Asgard some time ago.

Obviously they wouldn't have been blown up with the rest of Asgard, but they still have the same genetic degradation problem, so they're still a dying race. Thats my theory anyway, based on what we know so far.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post May 14th 2008, 4:27 PM
Post #13

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(BigusDickus @ May 14th 2008, 1:00 PM) *

Well loki was a rogue asguard hiding from all the other asguard when he cloned o'neill in sg1. And by the looks of this asguard's methods, mabye he is a rogue one too who fled to the pegasus galaxy. Who knows Lighten.gif

If that is the case, then maybe they haven't been cloned as much as the Asgards we have seen and known. Maybe they are more humanoid and procreate the way humans do, minus the cloning. wink.gif
+Quote Post
Aussie_Bloke
post May 14th 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #14

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

If it is part of a small group of asgards that broke away from the main group before the big bang, then possibly they would not have made the upgrades the main group have made (beam weapons)...so maybe we now have better technology than the asgard!
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post May 15th 2008, 3:10 AM
Post #15

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aussie_Bloke @ May 15th 2008, 5:36 AM) *

If it is part of a small group of asgards that broke away from the main group before the big bang, then possibly they would not have made the upgrades the main group have made (beam weapons)...so maybe we now have better technology than the asgard!

well if we did have more tech than this small group of asgards (if it is a small group)then it'd be nice to see us sharing our technology with them for once instead of the other way around! imagine if we gave them an asgard core like what we've been able to recreate for our ships (in the alternate timeline ship the phoenix)
also with their superior understanding of science it'd be good to see how an asgard would operate in atlantis
perhaps even going as far as to see a small group of them in atlantis searching for a way to stave off thier genetic degradation!
+Quote Post
Aussie_Bloke
post May 15th 2008, 10:36 PM
Post #16

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

The Asgard had so much more tech than weapons though.... I think I would still take on oniell class over a 304....they just look better
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post May 16th 2008, 9:07 AM
Post #17

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aussie_Bloke @ May 16th 2008, 4:36 AM) *

The Asgard had so much more tech than weapons though.... I think I would still take on oniell class over a 304....they just look better

i agree about asgard ships looking better,but i don't understand your reference to weapons the asgard core has a total compendium of asgard knowledge and technology not just weapons! so if we gave a group of off shoot asgards a core then they would understand that knowledge better than we would! they would also understand the workings of atlantis better than wwe would too! i've never understood why there has never been a tokra on atlantis as their grasp on technology is greater than ours too!
+Quote Post
jacksworld
post May 16th 2008, 12:34 PM
Post #18

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,030

well, this is supposed to be a continuation from the episode "First contact" right? Could it be that perhaps the asgard will be that new enemy that they encounter in "First Contact"? If so, i think it would be kinda kool to have them as an enemy instead of an ally.
+Quote Post
Dave312
post May 16th 2008, 6:50 PM
Post #19

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(jacksworld @ May 17th 2008, 3:34 AM) *

well, this is supposed to be a continuation from the episode "First contact" right? Could it be that perhaps the asgard will be that new enemy that they encounter in "First Contact"? If so, i think it would be kinda kool to have them as an enemy instead of an ally.

Thats a good point. Daniel might have found some reference in the Asgard Core that mentions a group of them in Pegasus and thats why he came Atlantis. Although my interpretation of the spoiler for this episode was that the Asgard was helping them.
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post May 18th 2008, 3:36 AM
Post #20

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(jacksworld @ May 16th 2008, 6:34 PM) *

i find it very doubtful that the asgard will be an enemy.it's just not in their nature to be enemies of a race
that isn't trying to dominate/destroy the galaxy! i don't even think loki would have attacked earthlings unless they were a direct threat to the galaxy and he was a rogue asgard!
+Quote Post
Dave312
post May 18th 2008, 7:20 PM
Post #21

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ May 18th 2008, 6:36 PM) *

i find it very doubtful that the asgard will be an enemy.it's just not in their nature to be enemies of a race
that isn't trying to dominate/destroy the galaxy! i don't even think loki would have attacked earthlings unless they were a direct threat to the galaxy and he was a rogue asgard!

That doesn't really mean a lot though. Just because the Asgards we have seen are very friendly, that doesn't mean that they all are. Remember that we are speculating about a rogue group so we would expect that their views would be different to that of the Asgards we know. You would have to assume that their was some kind of falling out between them and who knows, it may have been about helping other races.

Loki was just a scientist. He was experimenting with humans for the gain of his race. Just because he was doing it against the Asgard Council wishes does not mean he was the most rebellious among them.
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post May 19th 2008, 5:13 AM
Post #22

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

that is true.however the asgard seem to me to be a fairly logical race of people.governed by logic rather than emotion so i'd have to ask myself
what would be the logic in an asgard attacking humans? we aren't any threat to them! in fact we're still even now with the asgard core nowhere near as powerful as they became before they're destruction!
+Quote Post
JC1
post May 19th 2008, 3:29 PM
Post #23

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 342

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ May 19th 2008, 11:13 AM) *

that is true.however the asgard seem to me to be a fairly logical race of people.governed by logic rather than emotion so i'd have to ask myself
what would be the logic in an asgard attacking humans? we aren't any threat to them! in fact we're still even now with the asgard core nowhere near as powerful as they became before they're destruction!

But again, if this is a different group of Asgard, than the Asgard we've come to know then we don't know anything about them. They may not be as logical and they may be more aggressive than the Asgard we know.

The episode spoiler says, this Asgard is going to use a device to rid the galaxy of the Wraith and Daniel is trying to talk him out using it. Why does this Asgard want to rid the galaxy of the Wraith. Ok the Wraith aren't good, but as far as we know they are no threat to the Asgard, and the main Asgard took no action against them. So this Asgards attempt to wipe them out seems very aggressive.

More importantly, why is Daniel trying to talk this Asgard out of using this device. Ridding the galaxy of the Wraith is good thing, so would Daniel try to stop it. It's possible use of this device involves some sort of sacrifice in human lives or something else that Daniel objects too. If thats the case, it's also possible Daniel takes matters into his own hands and he and McKay sabotage the device, which could make these Asgard a new enemy for Atlantis.

This post has been edited by JC1: May 19th 2008, 3:30 PM
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post May 20th 2008, 4:16 AM
Post #24

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(JC1 @ May 19th 2008, 9:29 PM) *

But again, if this is a different group of Asgard, than the Asgard we've come to know then we don't know anything about them. They may not be as logical and they may be more aggressive than the Asgard we know.

The episode spoiler says, this Asgard is going to use a device to rid the galaxy of the Wraith and Daniel is trying to talk him out using it. Why does this Asgard want to rid the galaxy of the Wraith. Ok the Wraith aren't good, but as far as we know they are no threat to the Asgard, and the main Asgard took no action against them. So this Asgards attempt to wipe them out seems very aggressive.

More importantly, why is Daniel trying to talk this Asgard out of using this device. Ridding the galaxy of the Wraith is good thing, so would Daniel try to stop it. It's possible use of this device involves some sort of sacrifice in human lives or something else that Daniel objects too. If thats the case, it's also possible Daniel takes matters into his own hands and he and McKay sabotage the device, which could make these Asgard a new enemy for Atlantis.

except you are forgetting that we get the new enemy in the episode before this,not in this episode so that tends to discredit your theory! it also says the asgard doesn't think there is time for them to come up with another plan to destroy the wraith together and he wouldn't be thinking off that if he was an enemy of atlantis would he? as too why daniels trying to talk the asgard out of using the device well perhaps it's because he knows from experience that temperal causality isn't something to be trifled with.you can easily end up making things a lot worse e.g mobius.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 21st 2014 - 1:42 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.