Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate Atlantis: General Discussion

This area is for general discussion of Stargate Atlantis only. Atlantis spoilers belong in the Spoilers & Speculation section. There are separate categories for Stargate SG-1 Discussion and Stargate Universe Discussion. Complete forum rules are available here.

Atlantis Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what sort of damadge do you think a tollan ion cannon would have on a
what sort of damadge do you think a tollan ion cannon would have on a wraith hive ship?
what sort of damadge do you think a tollan ion cannon would have on a wraith hive ship
destroy [ 2 ] ** [33.33%]
severly damadge [ 3 ] ** [50.00%]
slight damadge [ 1 ] ** [16.67%]
no damadge [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 6
Guests cannot vote 
lancelot2
post Apr 29th 2008, 11:18 AM
Post #1

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,443

so lets see what the fans think what damadge do you honestly believe a tollan ion cannon would have on a wraith hive ship and why do you think this?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Apr 29th 2008, 11:31 AM
Post #2

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ Apr 29th 2008, 7:18 PM) *

so lets see what the fans think what damadge do you honestly believe a tollan ion cannon would have on a wraith hive ship and why do you think this?

I can't believe you made such a topic. It's another one of them vs type threads that everyone hates. And here comes the storm against you. blink.gif

I thought you misspelled at first, but now I see you seriously believe that damage is spelled damadge. Spelling correction is not what I do, but the word is used so often in your post, poll choice and title as well.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience my post may have caused. Have a nice day. smile.gif

This post has been edited by KillerMarv: Apr 29th 2008, 11:32 AM
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Apr 29th 2008, 12:57 PM
Post #3

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

I don't see any reason why this topic shouldn't have been opened but the best we can ever do is speculate. We don't know all that much about the Ion cannons and we know little about Hives. Asking what people think is pretty irrelevent because it is their opinion and therefore they are not going to be wrong. Only when we have evidence can a "real" discussion take place on this subject.
+Quote Post
Dave312
post Apr 29th 2008, 5:46 PM
Post #4

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,343

The only way that I can think to look at this would be to compare the Ion Cannon to a Hives weapons. I would say that the Ion cannon would not quite be as effective and we have seen hives open up on each other dealing a decent amount of damage. For this reason I chose slight damage.

Like Daf said, there really is no way to tell since we really have no evidence.
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Apr 30th 2008, 9:49 AM
Post #5

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dave312 @ Apr 29th 2008, 11:46 PM) *

The only way that I can think to look at this would be to compare the Ion Cannon to a Hives weapons. I would say that the Ion cannon would not quite be as effective and we have seen hives open up on each other dealing a decent amount of damage. For this reason I chose slight damage.

Like Daf said, there really is no way to tell since we really have no evidence.

well i chose severe damage because i think the wraith weapons are about on par with the goul'd and
the ion cannons were better than goul'd weapons.also the wraith hive ships don't have shields!
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post May 8th 2008, 2:46 AM
Post #6

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Apr 29th 2008, 5:31 PM) *

I can't believe you made such a topic. It's another one of them vs type threads that everyone hates. And here comes the storm against you. blink.gif

I thought you misspelled at first, but now I see you seriously believe that damage is spelled damadge. Spelling correction is not what I do, but the word is used so often in your post, poll choice and title as well.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience my post may have caused. Have a nice day. smile.gif

i am sorry for the spelling mistake marv but english is not my first language and sometimes i do get confused it is also why sometimes my posts are a little hard to understand because in welsh how you spell words is also how they are pronounced(in most cases anyway) so once again marv i do apologise.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post May 14th 2008, 2:45 PM
Post #7

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ May 8th 2008, 10:46 AM) *

i am sorry for the spelling mistake marv but english is not my first language and sometimes i do get confused it is also why sometimes my posts are a little hard to understand because in welsh how you spell words is also how they are pronounced(in most cases anyway) so once again marv i do apologise.

Well, you should not apologize at all, because there is nothing to apologize for. Anyone can make a mistake, it's only human. rolleyes.gif

On another note though, English not being your first language is not an excuse, I'm sorry to say that. English is not my first either, I only started learning it when I was 8 years old. But I did know how to spell the word damage correctly at 10 with no problem. Video games helped my English a lot, and it did sound weird that someone so close to England (even with English not first language) can make the mistake. I do apologize if I sounded offensive about correcting you.

BTW, in Romanian how you spell words is how you pronounce them as well. wink.gif

This post has been edited by KillerMarv: May 14th 2008, 2:48 PM
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post May 15th 2008, 3:16 AM
Post #8

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ May 14th 2008, 8:45 PM) *

Well, you should not apologize at all, because there is nothing to apologize for. Anyone can make a mistake, it's only human. rolleyes.gif

On another note though, English not being your first language is not an excuse, I'm sorry to say that. English is not my first either, I only started learning it when I was 8 years old. But I did know how to spell the word damage correctly at 10 with no problem. Video games helped my English a lot, and it did sound weird that someone so close to England (even with English not first language) can make the mistake. I do apologize if I sounded offensive about correcting you.

BTW, in Romanian how you spell words is how you pronounce them as well. wink.gif

you started learning english a lot earlier than i did! i didn't learn until i was 11! the part of wales i am from there is almost no english spoken until the tourists are around! and there is no need to apologise i'd really
appreciate it if a mod would change the spelling for me,a lot of the time when i type things into my computer i am thinking in welsh and since in welsh things are said differently my posts sometimes are harder to understand for instance if i was to say good morning it would be bore dda which literally translated doesn't mean good morning but morning good so you can see where i get confused.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post May 15th 2008, 10:08 AM
Post #9

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ May 15th 2008, 11:16 AM) *

you started learning english a lot earlier than i did! i didn't learn until i was 11! the part of wales i am from there is almost no english spoken until the tourists are around!

This would have to make you as advanced as I was 3 years ago, and still under better conditions of no English spoken around as I was (I have never, to this day, talked to an English-speaking person, and the only place I ever heard one speaking is on TV). I must apologize that my personal opinion finds it very weird that a Romanian's written English looks better than a Welsh person's. But this should be continued through PM. smile.gif

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ May 15th 2008, 11:16 AM) *

and there is no need to apologise i'd really
appreciate it if a mod would change the spelling for me,a lot of the time when i type things into my computer i am thinking in welsh and since in welsh things are said differently my posts sometimes are harder to understand for instance if i was to say good morning it would be bore dda which literally translated doesn't mean good morning but morning good so you can see where i get confused.

If we're into the Mod changing the title a little, there should also be taken into consideration the length of the title (it would look nice shorter, like Tollan Ion Cannon's damage against a Wraith Hive Ship). biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by KillerMarv: May 15th 2008, 10:10 AM
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post May 18th 2008, 3:34 AM
Post #10

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ May 15th 2008, 4:08 PM) *

If we're into the Mod changing the title a little, there should also be taken into consideration the length of the title (it would look nice shorter, like Tollan Ion Cannon's damage against a Wraith Hive Ship). biggrin.gif

well that title works for me biggrin.gif so if a mod is looking at this thread can you change it to that please?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 21st 2014 - 6:59 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.