IndyJan
post Apr 18th 2008, 12:08 PM
Post #121

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ Apr 18th 2008, 4:16 AM) *

exactly my point! actually it's a pity that sg1 has ended it'd be nice to learn what happened with the gadmeer
were they destroyed by the gould? did they survive? how has their civilisation progressed?

This is an ongoing debate. There are way too many people and stories that were left and should have been revisited, but TPTB decided otherwise. smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jacksworld
post May 3rd 2008, 1:10 PM
Post #122

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,030

I just bought this movie and watched it last night and i have to say that i am very pleased with it. I thought it was great. I saw opnions of others and how they mention that they felt that it was to compacted. I honestly did not feel that it was. It had plenty of action and it certainly kept me interested and wanting to watch it one more time. I certainly can't wait to see the next movie, and look forward to many more.
+Quote Post
Simon111
post Jun 11th 2008, 8:20 AM
Post #123

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 19,463

Just joined the forum, and may I say I LOVED the movie! The reaplcator twist was a good one too.

Anyways why has their been soo many complants about the sub-plot? I just don't get it :S
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Jun 11th 2008, 8:31 AM
Post #124

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(Simon111 @ Jun 11th 2008, 2:20 PM) *

Just joined the forum, and may I say I LOVED the movie! The reaplcator twist was a good one too.

Anyways why has their been soo many complants about the sub-plot? I just don't get it :S

Some people (apparently, I'm not one of them) said that a film that was designed to deal with the Ori shouldn't have the Replicators as a large aspect about it. I personally loved the idea of the Replicators returning, and thought it was really good. But some fans felt it should have exclusivly been on the Ori.

I do like the film, but Ori plot wise I felt it was done better in the series. In the show there was always a feeling of 'OMFG how the hell are we going to beat these guys!!1!?!' and it was great. But this being a film where they ARE going to beat them this feeling was obviously not present, so part of what I liked most about the Ori wasn't in the film. But hey, it was still a good film, and watching it on DVD as opposed to TV I've got to say it was better watching it on DVD.
+Quote Post
Simon111
post Jun 11th 2008, 9:56 AM
Post #125

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 19,463

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Jun 11th 2008, 2:31 PM) *

Some people (apparently, I'm not one of them) said that a film that was designed to deal with the Ori shouldn't have the Replicators as a large aspect about it. I personally loved the idea of the Replicators returning, and thought it was really good. But some fans felt it should have exclusivly been on the Ori.

I do like the film, but Ori plot wise I felt it was done better in the series. In the show there was always a feeling of 'OMFG how the hell are we going to beat these guys!!1!?!' and it was great. But this being a film where they ARE going to beat them this feeling was obviously not present, so part of what I liked most about the Ori wasn't in the film. But hey, it was still a good film, and watching it on DVD as opposed to TV I've got to say it was better watching it on DVD.

Yeah same with other 2007 - 2008 movies in cinemas nowadays, hell even CGI is being slammed for some reason. Anyways yeah I do agree that movie should have had a sub-plot and it was there wether people like it or not. It was there none the less.

The only thing that made me laugh in the move, was the replacator/human thing kinda looked like the Terminator lol.

Anyways got my version of the DVD today gonna watch it later tonight, maybe even post a review of it tomorrow.

This post has been edited by Simon111: Jun 11th 2008, 9:56 AM
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jun 11th 2008, 12:58 PM
Post #126

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

If the movie didn't have the Replicator subplot it would have meant having more of Adria onscreen. All the evidence needed in support of the subplot IMO.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Jun 11th 2008, 2:44 PM
Post #127

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Jun 11th 2008, 6:58 PM) *

If the movie didn't have the Replicator subplot it would have meant having more of Adria onscreen. All the evidence needed in support of the subplot IMO.

Actually no it wouldn't have, Morenna Bacarrin was only available for one day of filming. The scenes she was in were the most that they could film. If she was available for more Rob Cooper said she would have been in the film more, same with the Doci.

And the reason Rob Cooper said he put in the Replicators were 1) He liked them, he did actually cite that reason smile.gif And B) Because he knows that some fans did like the show more in seasons 1-8 and maybe didn't like the Ori storyline as much so wanted something there to entertain those fans as well. And also to produce a slightly old school SG-1 feel within the movie as well.

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Jun 11th 2008, 2:45 PM
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jun 12th 2008, 3:35 PM
Post #128

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Jun 11th 2008, 2:44 PM) *

Actually no it wouldn't have, Morenna Bacarrin was only available for one day of filming. The scenes she was in were the most that they could film. If she was available for more Rob Cooper said she would have been in the film more, same with the Doci.

And the reason Rob Cooper said he put in the Replicators were 1) He liked them, he did actually cite that reason smile.gif And B) Because he knows that some fans did like the show more in seasons 1-8 and maybe didn't like the Ori storyline as much so wanted something there to entertain those fans as well. And also to produce a slightly old school SG-1 feel within the movie as well.

I'm like you, I did like the Replicator storyline in it. In fact, I was extremely surprised by it because I had no idea they would be there. I had done my best to stay away from spoilers, so it was a total surprise. I also have to agree, I did enjoy the stories more in seasons 1-8, so I was glad that they went back to that.

And I'm thankful everyday that Morenna couldn't be in the movie more. whistling.gif
+Quote Post
Kinghans
post Jun 12th 2008, 4:11 PM
Post #129

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,327

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Jun 11th 2008, 2:44 PM) *

And also to produce a slightly old school SG-1 feel within the movie as well.

Why not bring all of the band together?

Let Hammond run the show, Jack play the clownesque hero and the others swarm around them!

I guess if y're making a movie, everyone wants to have a piece...

O, and just to make it clear; I loved "The Ark"...
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Jun 12th 2008, 4:31 PM
Post #130

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kinghans @ Jun 12th 2008, 10:11 PM) *

Why not bring all of the band together?

Let Hammond run the show, Jack play the clownesque hero and the others swarm around them!

I guess if y're making a movie, everyone wants to have a piece...

O, and just to make it clear; I loved "The Ark"...

Actually Rob Cooper said once that they could have had Jack there in a limited role, but fans would just say they're just throwing him in for the sake of it without any real reason (like in season 9), and felt partly that to conclude the last couple of years you should conclude it with the characters that were there the whole time. So he decided not to bother trying and to just leave Jack until Continuum where he can have a bigger more fleshed out role.

But still, his point about putting something in there for the old school fans isn't bad.
+Quote Post
Kinghans
post Jun 16th 2008, 4:33 PM
Post #131

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Jun 12th 2008, 4:31 PM) *

Actually Rob Cooper said once that they could have had Jack there in a limited role, but fans would just say they're just throwing him in for the sake of it without any real reason (like in season 9), and felt partly that to conclude the last couple of years you should conclude it with the characters that were there the whole time. So he decided not to bother trying and to just leave Jack until Continuum where he can have a bigger more fleshed out role.

But still, his point about putting something in there for the old school fans isn't bad.

I'm not up to speed on the Continuum storyline, so I have no clue as to what part Jack might play in that, but I do agree that if a character, be it Hammond, Jack, Apophis, or any other, is to re-appear in an episode or movie, at least give them he respect they deserve, by making sure the role they're playing adds something to the piece...

If you're talking old school, let's bring Ra back aswell! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Jun 17th 2008, 10:25 AM
Post #132

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(Kinghans @ Jun 17th 2008, 12:33 AM) *

If you're talking old school, let's bring Ra back aswell! biggrin.gif

Yes, they can use that time machine PJ to do it too. And they can blame it on the fact that Jack was getting bored about the lack of Goa'ulds lately. 1.gif
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jun 17th 2008, 12:03 PM
Post #133

General
Group Icon

Ra was made out to be a powerful enemy but he wasn't portrayed that way - he was just a kid in a mask who hid behind other kids. There are far better Goa'uld to bring back. Personally I'd want to see Sokar again or Anubis before he ascended. Given that Anubis' actions were considered even too much by Goa'uld standards, it would be interesting to see what he was like as a Goa'uld.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Jun 17th 2008, 12:53 PM
Post #134

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Jun 17th 2008, 8:03 PM) *

Ra was made out to be a powerful enemy but he wasn't portrayed that way - he was just a kid in a mask who hid behind other kids. There are far better Goa'uld to bring back. Personally I'd want to see Sokar again or Anubis before he ascended. Given that Anubis' actions were considered even too much by Goa'uld standards, it would be interesting to see what he was like as a Goa'uld.

Sokar was indeed awesome and I was so sorry to see him go that early. I would think that Anubis before ascension was a more powerful version of Sokar. I think that the character would have created the same effect as Sokar getting more powerful. I would choose Anubis though, he seemed to have a superior menacing intelligence. wink.gif

This post has been edited by KillerMarv: Jun 17th 2008, 12:53 PM
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jun 17th 2008, 4:57 PM
Post #135

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Anubis vs. Sokar, hmm, well Sokar had an extremely menacing posture. He hated to be bested as well. I'm like Daf though, Anubis was banned by all the Goa'ulds. That has to stand for something. Was it that Anubis was the most vile, or was he the most barbaric, the most menacing to the Goa'uld? Having only scene Anubis' face as an halfway Ascended being, or as taking on someone else for awhile, I think it would be kind of interesting to actually see what he was before, who is host was. I have to admit that Apophis' host was very good looking. Ra's host, as Daf said was just an immature boy, who hid behind other immature boys. I'm pretty sure someone could make something of that. whistling.gif

Nirritti was definitely menacing, but I think we saw enough of her. We definitely got to see what she was all about. We also got to see hathor and what she was all about. Sarah as Iris was very interesting and I would have wanted more but she worked for Anubis.

Even though we didn't really get to see Yu being evil, I think we got a true sense of what he was about. Ba'al of all of them I believe had the best sense of humor and I loved it when he went toe to toe with Jack. They were fun to listen too, especially knowing just how Jack felt about Ba'al after the torturing, and Jack wasn't kidding about what he was saying. wink.gif
+Quote Post
Kinghans
post Jun 19th 2008, 4:30 PM
Post #136

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

I seem to recall that Ra was the supreme system lord and when he was killed by Jack and his merry group of boyscouts, a vacuum was created, leading to war amongst the system lords over who got to lead the band...?

Although he was portrayed as a child, I doubt the snake in his head was very young, having ruled egypt a couple of millennia earlier...
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jun 19th 2008, 4:50 PM
Post #137

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kinghans @ Jun 19th 2008, 10:30 PM) *
I seem to recall that Ra was the supreme system lord and when he was killed by Jack and his merry group of boyscouts, a vacuum was created, leading to war amongst the system lords over who got to lead the band...?
His death didn't really create power vacuum. He controlled the System Lords, without him they didn't cooperate as they used to. The fact that his death caused the first attempted attack on Earth back in season 1 shows the other System Lords held him in a pretty high regard. While each System Lord wanted to be the most powerful, there was never any all out war betwen the System Lords until Anbis remained.
+Quote Post
kordone
post Jun 21st 2008, 5:27 PM
Post #138

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,555

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Jun 18th 2008, 3:03 AM) *

There are far better Goa'uld to bring back. Personally I'd want to see Sokar again or Anubis before he ascended. Given that Anubis' actions were considered even too much by Goa'uld standards, it would be interesting to see what he was like as a Goa'uld.

Couldn't agree more with that bow.gif
+Quote Post
comegatewithme
post Apr 4th 2009, 12:00 AM
Post #139

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,112

A question just popped up that I'm sure I'm just missing all the info for, if someone here can help, thanks much. In Unending, didn't they lose the core and all the Asgard knowledge in order to retain the hyperdrive so they could escape, so there basically was no more core. But in the movie, the core is onboard and that's how the replicator is first made. So what am I missing cause I thought they lost the core, or whatever all that tech/knowledge was called in Unending.

After seeing the movie recently from watching it on SciFi, I can just honestly say that I really do miss Stargate SG-1! It was always entertaining and I miss them guys!!

+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Apr 4th 2009, 6:17 AM
Post #140

General
Group Icon

I haven't see the episode for some time but I don't recall the core ever being lost. At the end, time reversed so if they did lose the core during the episode, everything would have been back to normal.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Apr 4th 2009, 9:20 AM
Post #141

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

As Daf said, they did not lose the core at the end of the final episode, they just could not use it because it allowed the Ori to track them.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Apr 4th 2009, 4:02 PM
Post #142

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Apr 4th 2009, 6:17 AM) *

I haven't see the episode for some time but I don't recall the core ever being lost. At the end, time reversed so if they did lose the core during the episode, everything would have been back to normal.

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Apr 4th 2009, 9:20 AM) *

As Daf said, they did not lose the core at the end of the final episode, they just could not use it because it allowed the Ori to track them.

Exactly, if I remember correctly, Thor was there with Sam to give them all their information because the Asgards were dying, but the core was not lost, especially since time did reverse itself and they were back to normal. By the time of the movie, they needed to access all the Asgard information/technology that they had to help defeat the Ori.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Apr 4th 2009, 5:25 PM
Post #143

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Apr 4th 2009, 2:02 PM) *

Exactly, if I remember correctly, Thor was there with Sam to give them all their information because the Asgards were dying, but the core was not lost, especially since time did reverse itself and they were back to normal. By the time of the movie, they needed to access all the Asgard information/technology that they had to help defeat the Ori.

I always had a problem with that. I thought they could just take the core to Earth, the Ori already knew where Earth was, and they were afraid to go there....
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Apr 4th 2009, 7:28 PM
Post #144

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Apr 4th 2009, 5:25 PM) *

I always had a problem with that. I thought they could just take the core to Earth, the Ori already knew where Earth was, and they were afraid to go there....

Okay, maybe I need to rewatch the movie. I don't remember the Ori being afraid to go to Earth. Refresh my memory please. smile.gif
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 21st 2014 - 7:10 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.