Rating  5
comegatewithme
post Apr 4th 2009, 9:06 PM
Post #145

Airman
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,112

Thanks guys for answering my question. I think I must have been focusing on Sam and Daniel saying they were going to lose all the Asgard knowledge while the crisis was happening, but it stayed safe in the end.

About the last thing brought up with the Ori, I always wondered what was taking the Ori so long in getting to Earth. The Ori knew how to talk the talk, but they didn't seem to be walking the walk. In other words all the talk of we will smite you, and they were still taking their time going on worlds that if I remember all of them were lower technology. Were any of the planets advanced as Earth? But in the movie it was about how the Ori was going to send more ships likely headed to Earth now.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Apr 5th 2009, 12:55 AM
Post #146

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

We don't really know about anywhere else, but in the Milky Way, they seemed to have been going after more primitive planets. Planets that had been run by the System Lords and the Goa'ulds. Planets that seemed to want to believe in a god, and that is what the Ori provided.

Remember the Ori needed more followers all the time, in order to build up their strength. They didn't necessarily have huge numbers, but by getting more and more believe to give up their free will and believe in the Origin, then they became stronger. They didn't really need the technology, they needed their believers/followers.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Apr 5th 2009, 3:22 PM
Post #147

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Apr 4th 2009, 5:28 PM) *

Okay, maybe I need to rewatch the movie. I don't remember the Ori being afraid to go to Earth. Refresh my memory please. smile.gif

It was said a couple of times in the show, once by Teal'c if I remember correctly. That the Ori somehow knew about the Ancient's weapons chair, and were not willing to send their ships there. Also, I think int he ep where Sam went the the AU, they used the chair to defend Earth from an Ori attack before Sam got there.

In the movie didn't Landry say something to the Prior about why they hadn't come back to Earth?

+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Apr 30th 2009, 12:31 AM
Post #148

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Apr 5th 2009, 3:22 PM) *

It was said a couple of times in the show, once by Teal'c if I remember correctly. That the Ori somehow knew about the Ancient's weapons chair, and were not willing to send their ships there. Also, I think int he ep where Sam went the the AU, they used the chair to defend Earth from an Ori attack before Sam got there.

In the movie didn't Landry say something to the Prior about why they hadn't come back to Earth?

Okay, my memory is going. I cannot remember any of that, definitely not the AU with Sam and the chair being used to defend against the Ori. blink.gif
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Apr 30th 2009, 2:06 PM
Post #149

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

I remember them saying that they wondered why Earth hadn't been attacked directly since it was the biggest thorn in the Ori's side and the response was something along the lines of because they knew their ships wouldn't last long against the Ancient chair. I think the Ori targetted the other Human populated worlds as they couldn't put up a fight and when the Ori had enough power, they could simply attack Earth themselves.

As for the AU episode with Sam, I remember that. The alternate Earth used the Chair to defend the planet against several Ori motherships but used up all the drones. Sam had to modify Arthur's Mantle in order to take Earth into a different dimension.

Sam also mentioned (in the Atlantis finale) the Chair in the alternate reality being moved from Antarctica to Area 51 and that chair was also destroyed.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post May 1st 2009, 12:22 AM
Post #150

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Apr 30th 2009, 2:06 PM) *

I remember them saying that they wondered why Earth hadn't been attacked directly since it was the biggest thorn in the Ori's side and the response was something along the lines of because they knew their ships wouldn't last long against the Ancient chair. I think the Ori targetted the other Human populated worlds as they couldn't put up a fight and when the Ori had enough power, they could simply attack Earth themselves.

As for the AU episode with Sam, I remember that. The alternate Earth used the Chair to defend the planet against several Ori motherships but used up all the drones. Sam had to modify Arthur's Mantle in order to take Earth into a different dimension.

Sam also mentioned (in the Atlantis finale) the Chair in the alternate reality being moved from Antarctica to Area 51 and that chair was also destroyed.[u]

This comment I do remember. Sadly, I just cannot remember the other. It is definitely time to rewatch. whistling.gif
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 31st 2014 - 6:39 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.