Revan
post Mar 13th 2008, 3:28 PM
Post #73

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Mar 13th 2008, 3:07 PM) *

And besides, there are soooo many better ways to get an ancient on the show, preferably one that doesn't involve an incredibly massively fluke happening a third time.

Would you have difficulty suspending your disbelief?

There is a such thing as coincidence, you know. laugh.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 14th 2008, 12:19 AM
Post #74

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(Revan @ Mar 13th 2008, 8:28 PM) *

Would you have difficulty suspending your disbelief?

There is a such thing as coincidence, you know. laugh.gif
No, but only because they've gotten really bad at that lately smile.gif

New writers = A good thing. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Mar 14th 2008, 12:19 AM
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Mar 14th 2008, 5:00 AM
Post #75

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,443

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Mar 14th 2008, 5:19 AM) *

personally i'd like to see brad wright back in charge. that man is a genius when it comes to good storylines that the fans can get into bow.gif !
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 14th 2008, 10:29 AM
Post #76

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Mar 14th 2008, 1:19 AM) *

They need to hire some women to write for them... The shitty female storylines are becoming tragic.
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Mar 15th 2008, 5:18 AM
Post #77

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Mar 14th 2008, 3:29 PM) *

They need to hire some women to write for them... The shitty female storylines are becoming tragic.

i quite agree.i think they should also bring brandy ledford back as a permanent character only as a relative of the scientist girl who died in vengance say a sister who was married to someone on another world.
+Quote Post
Wraith Waxer
post Mar 15th 2008, 5:27 AM
Post #78

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 17,987

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Mar 13th 2008, 2:07 PM) *

And besides, there are soooo many better ways to get an ancient on the show, preferably one that doesn't involve an incredibly massively fluke happening a third time.

Like what they can't use the time travel puddle jumper because that will mess everything up.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 15th 2008, 6:33 AM
Post #79

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Wraith Waxer @ Mar 15th 2008, 10:27 AM) *

Like what they can't use the time travel puddle jumper because that will mess everything up.

Ok why does it need to be a time travelling ancient? Why can't they just either use a decended one or even something along the lines of what happened in The Return, where they just find some living ones. Of course bringing an ancient on the show is just a bad idea imo as there really would be no point in it... But that's just my opinion biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Mar 15th 2008, 6:34 AM
+Quote Post
Wraith Waxer
post Mar 15th 2008, 6:37 AM
Post #80

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 17,987

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Mar 15th 2008, 6:33 AM) *

Ok why does it need to be a time travelling ancient? Why can't they just either use a decended one or even something along the lines of what happened in The Return, where they just find some living ones. Of course bringing an ancient on the show is just a bad idea imo as there really would be no point in it... But that's just my opinion biggrin.gif

Well they could just bring one for an episode or two that could be good because they could learn something new but not too much.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 15th 2008, 12:54 PM
Post #81

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ Mar 15th 2008, 6:18 AM) *

i quite agree.i think they should also bring brandy ledford back as a permanent character only as a relative of the scientist girl who died in vengance say a sister who was married to someone on another world.

If she was the sister, wouldn't she have been in the settlement?

They can just hire Ledford, they don't need to address the fact that she played another character.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Mar 15th 2008, 4:12 PM
Post #82

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

Why would you want Ledford as a main character? She was only hired because she is vaguely good looking, she can't act to save her life.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 15th 2008, 6:14 PM
Post #83

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Mar 15th 2008, 5:54 PM) *

They can just hire Ledford, they don't need to address the fact that she played another character.

Yeah they never do any other time whistling.gif I remember in season 1 of Atlantis where each episode was basically a 'spot the SG-1 actor' game, at least they're doing it a little less now smile.gif

And agree the woman from Inferno didn't really impress me, she is only ok looking but acting wise (which for an actor is what I look for first btw) she didn't stand out.

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Mar 15th 2008, 6:14 PM
+Quote Post
Dave312
post Mar 15th 2008, 6:29 PM
Post #84

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,343

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Mar 16th 2008, 10:14 AM) *

Yeah they never do any other time whistling.gif I remember in season 1 of Atlantis where each episode was basically a 'spot the SG-1 actor' game, at least they're doing it a little less now smile.gif

Well its a little hard since SG-1 ain't on anymore. Randomly I was watching Two and a Half Men the other day and who do I see? The actor that plays Lucius Lavin. That guy is an ass no matter what character he plays.

And agree the woman from Inferno didn't really impress me, she is only ok looking but acting wise (which for an actor is what I look for first btw) she didn't stand out.

And what would be the point of bringing her back anyway?
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 15th 2008, 6:44 PM
Post #85

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Mar 15th 2008, 5:12 PM) *

Why would you want Ledford as a main character? She was only hired because she is vaguely good looking, she can't act to save her life.

I never said she would be useful to the show as a recurring... I was just stating a fact. smile.gif
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Mar 15th 2008, 6:48 PM
Post #86

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(Dave312 @ Mar 16th 2008, 1:29 AM) *

Well its a little hard since SG-1 ain't on anymore. Randomly I was watching Two and a Half Men the other day and who do I see? The actor that plays Lucius Lavin. That guy is an ass no matter what character he plays.

I certainly enjoy that show quite a lot. We didn't get too much of it here, but still enough and Charlie Sheen is a fun guy to watch no matter what. As for the guy playing Lucius, I can say that whenever he appears on a show they should post a warning message just before the episode starts so that the audience can properly prepare for what's to come. laugh.gif

BTW, are they at Season 5 with the show? 1.gif
+Quote Post
Dave312
post Mar 15th 2008, 7:09 PM
Post #87

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,343

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Mar 16th 2008, 10:48 AM) *

BTW, are they at Season 5 with the show? 1.gif

Yeah and surprisingly thats what they are showing in Australia too.
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Mar 16th 2008, 4:19 AM
Post #88

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Mar 15th 2008, 5:54 PM) *

not neccesarily on this planet people marry people and live in other countries even if they have family
in another country for instance i live in ireland but my dad lives in england.with gate travel it wouldn't be too hard for people to gate to other planets to visit family!

true they can just do what they did with the woman who played the captain of the tria who on sg1 was also lenea(younger version)
in sg1.the problem with doing something like that is it becomes obvious that that person was onother character.so it would be better to put in a story about why they look so much alike by saying they were related and it wouldn't have to be sisters it could be cousins
but sisters makes more sense.

This post has been edited by lancelot2: Mar 16th 2008, 4:22 AM
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Mar 16th 2008, 5:07 AM
Post #89

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ Mar 16th 2008, 11:19 AM) *

not neccesarily on this planet people marry people and live in other countries even if they have family
in another country for instance i live in ireland but my dad lives in england.with gate travel it wouldn't be too hard for people to gate to other planets to visit family!

true they can just do what they did with the woman who played the captain of the tria who on sg1 was also lenea(younger version)
in sg1.the problem with doing something like that is it becomes obvious that that person was onother character.so it would be better to put in a story about why they look so much alike by saying they were related and it wouldn't have to be sisters it could be cousins

It's all the same everywhere. The most important element in judging how far one lives away from his/her family is how close the family bond is between them. For instance, I doubt you will ever see me live in different country than my parents any time soon. 1.gif

Off topic, did you say you live in Ireland? Even if it's a bilingual country, English is the most spoken language there. It is kind of odd that your posts usually contain so many spelling and punctuation mistakes. Are you bad at English or are you just lazy? whistling.gif
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 16th 2008, 11:24 AM
Post #90

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ Mar 16th 2008, 5:19 AM) *

True. The word "immigration" comes to mind. My point was that Michael has been killing people off. It is unlikely that there is a twin running around somewhere, because, not only have we never heard of her, but if she did exist, she probably would have lived on Tyranus.

"Linea" is the correct spelling. They reused actors on SG-1 as well, and do it on SGA. Next season on SGA:
» Click to Show Spoiler «

So far, Ledford has shown herself to be eye candy. She isn't a bad actor, but I don't think she could carry a character all by herself. Why would they want to make a new character for her? It isn't like TPTB have any ability when it comes to writing for women, so why would they create another female character to butcher? Ledford would have to make the character, because TPTB aren't able to do so. I don't think she is an amazing enough actor for that.

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Mar 16th 2008, 6:07 AM) *

It's all the same everywhere. The most important element in judging how far one lives away from his/her family is how close the family bond is between them. For instance, I doubt you will ever see me live in different country than my parents any time soon. 1.gif

Off topic, did you say you live in Ireland? Even if it's a bilingual country, English is the most spoken language there. It is kind of odd that your posts usually contain so many spelling and punctuation mistakes. Are you bad at English or are you just lazy? whistling.gif

I dunno about that. You could be very close, but still live somewhere far away. The lead actor on New Amsterdam is Dutch, and his family (including two children) live back there. He video conferences with them everyday, but still... He doesn't get to be with them, and they are still close.

I always wondered about that as well... Off topic, of course. smile.gif

EDIT: OMFG I corrected a spelling error!!! ohmy.gif
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 16th 2008, 1:13 PM
Post #91

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Mar 16th 2008, 4:24 PM) *
Why would they want to make a new character for her? It isn't like TPTB have any ability when it comes to writing for women, so why would they create another female character to butcher?

I highly doubt the writers think they can't write for women...and even if they do they're not going to think 'shall we introduce a new woman? Nah, we can't write for them...' They can't not write for women, just sometimes they lack the details or maybe approach something from a wrong angle. But I've seen a lot more shows just either not have women or just write them there as stereotypes.

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Mar 16th 2008, 1:14 PM
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 16th 2008, 1:16 PM
Post #92

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Mar 16th 2008, 2:13 PM) *

I highly doubt the writers think they can't write for women...and even if they do they're not going to think 'shall we introduce a new woman? Nah, we can't write for them...' They can't not write for women, just sometimes they lack the details or maybe approach something from a wrong angle. But I've seen a lot more shows just either not have women or just write them there as stereotypes.

I would like to think we hold Stargate and TPTB to a higher standard than that, even if we actually don't. whistling.gif

I think they know though, given the joke at the end of 200.
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Mar 17th 2008, 8:21 AM
Post #93

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Mar 16th 2008, 10:07 AM) *

yes i do live in ireland.But i'm welsh English is my second language.I didn't learn english till i was 11.
your probably right though i am just lazy personally i can't be bothered.
+Quote Post
droid327
post Mar 23rd 2008, 4:43 AM
Post #94

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,306

Anyone wonder if Teal'c and Sheppard are going to have a little couer a coeur over lunch about the burden of knowing the future of their friends and not being able to share it? smile.gif

Seems that's been Teal'c's modus operandi of late....Teal'c sharing battle with Ronon,
(Ark of Truth)

Mod EDIT: Edited for spoilers

This post has been edited by Revan: Mar 23rd 2008, 11:40 AM
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 23rd 2008, 11:39 AM
Post #95

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(droid327 @ Mar 23rd 2008, 5:43 AM) *

Ark of Truth spoiler:
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 18th 2014 - 12:44 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.