Revan
post Mar 8th 2008, 8:56 PM
Post #25

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(Wisdonplusone @ Mar 8th 2008, 7:17 PM) *

It felt more like a series ending (I know it has been renewed) because it was so tidy, clearing up all the loose ends - if it was a series ending, would you have felt cheated or would you have felt a sense of closure now that almost all had been revealed? As for who makes it out of the wreckage - I think all do.

If Woolsey comes on board, I would expect/hope that his character would grow exponentially in humanity, he did show potential when he went to General Hammon and later to the President with information on Senator Kinsey - may he look less at the bottom line on Atlantis.

But really it didn't clean up any loose ends. The flashbacks were what happened, but when Shep came back that was all nullified. Given the number of variables, I don't think we can know what will happen now... It's all still up in the air. I would have felt that we saw some possibilities, but that there was no real closure.

Go Rodney on tripping that booby-trap, too... laugh.gif

That was integrity... He was doing his job without pandering to anybody. If he feels it is the right thing to do, he might just slash their budget.

QUOTE(Rogue Ashrak @ Mar 8th 2008, 8:12 PM) *

Interesting story and an interesting way of telling it too. I was a tad annoyed that despite the fact that they mined 1969 for a story element they might have remembered the solution to that ep (Cassandra's auto-dialer thingy) rather than the convoluted Naqueda generator & friends plan. Meh I guess they're restricting the amount of SG-1 crossover.

One question I have though regarding Michael's motivation in wiping out the Humans....why?! I understand why he would want to kill the Wraith; their feeding habits make them a threat. But the Humans? The Hybrids donít need to hurt the Humans to live and vice-versa, why canít the hybrids just replace the Wraith and then everyone can just all get along? smile.gif [/naivete]
I guess the answer is that Michael is just an angry jerk who hates everyone, and the Humans in Pegasus would probably be xenophobic gits. I just wish the answer was more complex than that though.

I must admit the form of the cliffhanger at the end was a bit off-putting. I expected something similar to the end of Politics, maybe Sheppard saying "we are all in big trouble" or something along those lines, as he prepares to inform them of potential future events. The explosion...seemed a little, I don't know, dodgy for an end of season cliffhanger. It's like something you'd see on a trashy TV soap. For something like Atlantis, such a scenario should be regulated to a "commercial break" cliffhanger.

I'm not sure if I like the Rodney/Keller thing or not. It was kinda sweet in that context I guess but whether it would work in the environment of the altered timeline I have no idea. At the very least it will silence all those doubters from Trio who just assumed that the drinks thing at the end of that ep was just a friends thing...It's fairly obvious from this ep there was probably something more behind it. But still what about Ronon? Oh the soapy angst yet to come! ohmy.gif (Seriously I hope Atlantis doesnít descend to this level).

Overall this season has been incredible. A bunch of interesting arcs opened and/or expanded on, and they've intersected quite often too. Some actual character to the Wraith now, who aren't anywhere near as one-dimensional as they were during the first couple of seasons.

Oh and BTW, Revan: Shut up. No-one cares.

Yeah but Cassandra was an old woman in that, and obviously Earth at that time had highly advanced interstellar technology. I don't know that they would have advanced to that point (1) and , (2) why would TPTB unoriginally copy the same solution (even though it wasn't necessarily plausible from an in-universe perspective)? Also, what was convoluted about McKay's solution? It seemed pretty straightforward.

Actually we don't know explicitly if the Wraith could feed on Michael's hybrids. They are closer to being Wraith so logically they would be easier to feed upon, but we don't know what sort of genetic safeguards Michael has put in place to prevent that happening. Maybe the answer is more complex. I do not think it a failing on TPTB's part that you are unable to imagine anything more complex than that.

It isn't suspenseful? I thought a huge explosion with a building dropping on the team's heads was pretty good. I found myself wondering who got seriously injured and how they are going to drag themselves out of a trap Michael probably meant to finish off the ones tampering with his toys.

Silenced? At that time, perhaps they were only friends. Actually, as it stands now, they may still only be friends, and end up never being anything besides friends. They spent three weeks together with only each other for company on the Daedalus. Plus, Shep and Carter were gone, and Ronon managed to get himself blown up in the alternate timeline, so that probably impacted the situation in some way, though I don't explicitly remember the timeline as the Rodney-gram explained it.

I agree. I love the complexity that has been growing with the show for awhile now... That is the sort of storytelling I want to see, especially from something that could be as broad and interesting as Stargate.

Given the comment was meant constructively for Invisible Painting alone, I will kindly ask you to take your instrusive bullsh*t and shove it up your ass.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MrCooper
post Mar 8th 2008, 9:18 PM
Post #26

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 18,142

I have seen every episode but is it possible I missed something? Wasn't Rodney getting serious with that redhead? How does he go from being serious with her to serious with Keller?

Also they don't need to find new gates for the gate bridge. The two gates that were on the midway space station should still be floating around in space. That explosion wasn't big enough to destroy the gates.

And Shepard doesn't have to worry about telling each person what happened. The info from the future that holograph Mckay told him was based off the fact that Shepard was missing. The fact that Shepard has returned already altered the timeline.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 8th 2008, 9:24 PM
Post #27

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(MrCooper @ Mar 8th 2008, 9:18 PM) *

I have seen every episode but is it possible I missed something? Wasn't Rodney getting serious with that redhead? How does he go from being serious with her to serious with Keller?

Also they don't need to find new gates for the gate bridge. The two gates that were on the midway space station should still be floating around in space. That explosion wasn't big enough to destroy the gates.

And Shepard doesn't have to worry about telling each person what happened. The info from the future that holograph Mckay told him was based off the fact that Shepard was missing. The fact that Shepard has returned already altered the timeline.

Watch Quarantine again. Rodney is going to propose, but in the end, they break up. He further explains this in Trio. At the end of Trio Keller and McKay have a drink, but that may or may not have been as friends. Either way, a relationship was forming. A lot happens between the beginning of the episode where they are on another planet looking for Teyla, and the weeks and months it takes for Woolsey to piss off everybody enough to make them leave. Shep was only gone for a week, so we don't really know what will happen now. Oh, the redhead was Dr. Katie Brown.

I was wondering why they don't just rebuild the station, unless they are worried about it getting destroyed again. And it took a long time to construct and fine-tune.

Sheppard actually brought back a crystal with all of the relevant knowledge and information on it. We don't know how personal it gets. Course, McKay asked Shep if he went bald or not... laugh.gif Correct. Teyla hadn't even been brought to that lab yet, as we saw.
+Quote Post
Rogue Ashrak
post Mar 8th 2008, 9:47 PM
Post #28

Hero of Time
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 7,502

» Click to Show Spoiler «

Yeah but Cassandra was an old woman in that, and obviously Earth at that time had highly advanced interstellar technology. I don't know that they would have advanced to that point (1) and , (2) why would TPTB unoriginally copy the same solution (even though it wasn't necessarily plausible from an in-universe perspective)? Also, what was convoluted about McKay's solution? It seemed pretty straightforward.

They had what was it...48,000 years? That tech would have become available to them some time during the next hundred...if it wasn't available in Rodney's lifetime he could have left it for a future generation to follow......although given that Rodney is generally disinclined to rely on others I can see why that probably wouldn't be an option for him. Just thought that it would have been easier to leave a simple one shot gadget rather than a whole bunch of different components...guess it doesn't matter either way.

Actually we don't know explicitly if the Wraith could feed on Michael's hybrids. They are closer to being Wraith so logically they would be easier to feed upon, but we don't know what sort of genetic safeguards Michael has put in place to prevent that happening. Maybe the answer is more complex. I do not think it a failing on TPTB's part that you are unable to imagine anything more complex than that.

Ok lets assume that the Wraith can't feed upon the hybrids either. Then the Wraith are no real threat, just like the humans. So what other explanation is there for them fighting each other? Sure the Hybrids are killing humans too, which threatens the Wraith's food supply, but that brings us back to the question of why are they killing the humans/do they want to hurt the Wraith? At the moment it just boils down to "We want this galaxy for ourselves, because we're greedy and don't want to share.". Not a brilliant motivation in my book .
And that explanation is all we have at the moment. TPTB have not seen fit to provide us with an alternate explanation at this stage, or even the base facts to construct a plausible alternate explanation. So yes that IS a failing of theirs untill they see fit to fill in the gaps. It's their job to tell us the story, not ours to imagine it from nothing. So please do not condescend to me about my percieved "lack of imagination", especially when you haven't shared any more potential complex reasons with us either.

It isn't suspenseful? I thought a huge explosion with a building dropping on the team's heads was pretty good. I found myself wondering who got seriously injured and how they are going to drag themselves out of a trap Michael probably meant to finish off the ones tampering with his toys.

I'm saying that a bomb is cliched is all. There's no thought that went into it. Yes it's suspenseful, but I thought they could have come up with something a little bit more interesting than just a plain old bomb.

Silenced? At that time, perhaps they were only friends. Actually, as it stands now, they may still only be friends, and end up never being anything besides friends. They spent three weeks together with only each other for company on the Daedalus. Plus, Shep and Carter were gone, and Ronon managed to get himself blown up in the alternate timeline, so that probably impacted the situation in some way, though I don't explicitly remember the timeline as the Rodney-gram explained it.

Maybe, although I would assume that there is a spark of attraction that's always been there, which both the drinks offer and the alternate timeline scenario came from. Granted the dynamics of the "true" timeline will probably mean that nothing comes of it, but I still think it's there in some form.

Given the comment was meant constructively for Invisible Painting alone, I will kindly ask you to take your instrusive bullsh*t and shove it up your ass.

Then maybe you should have sent your criticism in a PM rather than point it out here for the whole world to see. Of course that would mean you wouldn't be able to flaunt how brilliant a speller you are in front of evryone would it? dry.gif

People make mistakes. As long as it doesn't have a severe impact on the quality or legibility of the post then you should just let it go. Did it ever occur to you that people may see your constant pointless corrections as obnoxious? Because it is.

This post has been edited by Rogue Ashrak: Mar 8th 2008, 9:51 PM
+Quote Post
Reignfire
post Mar 8th 2008, 9:50 PM
Post #29

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,640

QUOTE(Revan @ Mar 8th 2008, 7:56 PM) *

The Rodney hologram said that Michael was selecting the strongest out of those who survived the Hoffan drug to become hybrids. While those hybrids would be safe from the Wraith, they were created in the alternate timeline's future. We don't know if his current hybrids are immune.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 8th 2008, 10:16 PM
Post #30

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rogue Ashrak @ Mar 8th 2008, 9:47 PM) *

They had what was it...48,000 years? That tech would have become available to them some time during the next hundred...if it wasn't available in Rodney's lifetime he could have left it for a future generation to follow......although given that Rodney is generally disinclined to rely on others I can see why that probably wouldn't be an option for him. Just thought that it would have been easier to leave a simple one shot gadget rather than a whole bunch of different components...guess it doesn't matter either way.

Ok lets assume that the Wraith can't feed upon the hybrids either. Then the Wraith are no real threat, just like the humans. So what other explanation is there for them fighting each other? Sure the Hybrids are killing humans too, which threatens the Wraith's food supply, but that brings us back to the question of why are they killing the humans/do they want to hurt the Wraith? At the moment it just boils down to "We want this galaxy for ourselves, because we're greedy and don't want to share.". Not a brilliant motivation in my book .

And that explanation is all we have at the moment. TPTB have not seen fit to provide us with an alternate explanation at this stage, or even the base facts to construct a plausible alternate explanation. So yes that IS a failing of theirs untill they see fit to fill in the gaps. It's their job to tell us the story, not ours to imagine it from nothing. So please do not condescend to me about my percieved "lack of imagination", especially when you haven't shared any more potential complex reasons with us either.

I'm saying that a bomb is cliched is all. There's no thought that went into it. Yes it's suspenseful, but I thought they could have come up with something a little bit more interesting than just a plain old bomb.

Maybe, although I would assume that there is a spark of attraction that's always been there, which both the drinks offer and the alternate timeline scenario came from. Granted the dynamics of the "true" timeline will probably mean that nothing comes of it, but I still think it's there in some form.

Then maybe you should have sent your criticism in a PM rather than point it out here for the whole world to see. Of course that would mean you wouldn't be able to flaunt how brilliant a speller you are in front of evryone would it? dry.gif

People make mistakes. As long as it doesn't have a severe impact on the quality or legibility of the post then you should just let it go. Did it ever occur to you that people may see your constant pointless corrections as obnoxious? Because it is.

Response to S5 spoil statement thingy:

You mean that they should have noted his absence? Well we learned that something was going on in the MW. It is possible that something destroys the human race in that alternate timeline, even if we don't know what it is. Well it was all about Rodney, so TPTB would have wanted to come up with a solution Rodney would come up with, and for his reasons. I thought it felt true, even if it wasn't the simplest explanation. I would think, using a team opf some sort, they would have come up with a more elegant and/or broader solution.

They can still bomb the sh*t out of Michael and his soldiers. Michael is just really angry, and that seems to be fueling him nicely so far. He is making the human population more manageable. He doesn't have enough people to take on anybody at the moment, so he is poisoning human populations, and forcing whoever is left into submission.

We may never have a long-winded evil villain explanation for Michael's actions. Although, I think he has explained it to more than one person... somethign about being an outcast... I dunno. He will probably explain the whole thing to somebody before he tries to kill them, and fails... Mainly I was feeling confrontational after your comment, so I argued, though, it was a valid argument.

Yeah but what is cliche really (what does it really mean)? Wouldn't Michael have set that sort of booby-trap for anybody trying to hack his files and seize his lab? I thought it made sense.

There would have to be, really. TPTB couldn't have put them together in the way they did if there wasn't any spark, and we saw what happened in Trio. I would think, I would strongly believe, that those events would bring them all much closer together, whatever their arguments may be.

What criticism? I corrected an error that was not typographical, and is not uncommon. People should know how to spell. It isn't a good thing when people cannot properly spell words like "foreshadow." I am not faulting IP or anything, I don't really care that much about spelling or communication, except that I think, since we have this language, maybe, just maybe, we should be able to use it properly. Not everybody is as intelligent as we on The Archive. Not everybody can simply know that he meant "foreshadow," so I think it better to be right in general... Then nobody has to guess. Oh, and if I were flaunting, I would use a word like sesquipedalian, not foreshadow...

Set yourself to a higher standard than that. Oh, and you made an error with your pronouns.

Did it ever occur to you that people may see your constant pointless corrections as obnoxious? Because it is.

Either: "Because they (the posts) are {obnoxious}," or: "Did it ever occur to you that people may see you as obnoxious because of your constant pointless corrections? Because you are."

Oh, and answering your own questions is fairly obnoxious all by itself. whistling.gif

Was that obnoxious enough?

QUOTE(Reignfire @ Mar 8th 2008, 9:50 PM) *

The Rodney hologram said that Michael was selecting the strongest out of those who survived the Hoffan drug to become hybrids. While those hybrids would be safe from the Wraith, they were created in the alternate timeline's future. We don't know if his current hybrids are immune.

Oh that's right. Well done... I forgot about that.

In the AT, Michael's hybrids were pre-made to be immune to the Wraith feeding process. If he is doing the same thing, then they would be.
+Quote Post
Wisdonplusone
post Mar 8th 2008, 10:31 PM
Post #31

Airman Basic

Member No.: 17,414

WOW let the egos fly!!!!

Anyway if someone changed me genetically into the enemy not once but twice, lied to me..I, frankly, would probably plan dire consequences for them and their kind (assuming I had the knowledge Michael had).

Query - is knowledge between the wraith passed on genetically? How did he get so much knowledge so fast? He came (originally) from some backwater planet and now he's affecting the universe?! We know it was a backwater planet because Atlantis is the only really advanced plant in that particular galaxy with that capability. And, no, I do not consider the Hoffman people that advanced, nor the travelers.

As his "own" people (his term) rejected him out-of-hand (sorry) where was he to go? How much must he hate them for their rejection of him?

We know he (Michael) can eat food, he said so and we know some other wraith enjoy the semblance of eating our type of food so by eliminating us for our food and life-sucking wraith for that type of "food" he makes himself and his kind the only ones around with him as the leader.

As his forces are limited (so far) I doubt he would mount a ground assult and assume he would do space attacks, would think that he would go after one of those wraith compounds where they were able to clone so may wraith so fast in order to defeat the ancients. Wouldn't he use those facilities to creat clones of himself or did he not know of their existence?

Frankly, I think the potential for season 6 is great.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 8th 2008, 10:45 PM
Post #32

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Wisdonplusone @ Mar 8th 2008, 10:31 PM) *

WOW let the egos fly!!!!

Anyway if someone changed me genetically into the enemy not once but twice, lied to me..I, frankly, would probably plan dire consequences for them and their kind (assuming I had the knowledge Michael had).

Query: Is knowledge between the wraith passed on genetically? How did he get so much knowledge so fast? He came (originally) from some backwater planet and now he's affecting the universe?! We know it was a backwater planet because Atlantis is the only really advanced plant in that particular galaxy with that capability. And, no, I do not consider the Hoffan people that advanced, nor the travelers.

As his "own" people (his term) rejected him out-of-hand (sorry) where was he to go? How much must he hate them for their rejection of him?

We know he (Michael) can eat food, he said so and we know some other wraith enjoy the semblance of eating our type of food so by eliminating us for our food and life-sucking wraith for that type of "food" he makes himself and his kind the only ones around with him as the leader.

As his forces are limited (so far) I doubt he would mount a ground assult and assume he would do space attacks, would think that he would go after one of those wraith compounds where they were able to clone so may wraith so fast in order to defeat the ancients. Wouldn't he use those facilities to creat clones of himself or did he not know of their existence?

Frankly, I think the potential for season 6 is great.

I would argue that it was testosterone, but frankly, I wan't all that excited or worked up. laugh.gif I like arguing. From conflict comes growth.

Michael started out as a wraith... He wasn't one of the brutes, he was probably either a scientist or one of those male leader-type wraith, so he would be somewhat more intelligent than your average being. The male wraith all seem to be pretty knowledgeable and intelligent, come to think about it. The Travlers actually are pretty advanced, especially with the Aurora class ship in their fleet. Which also begs the question: What happened to them in the alternate timeline? Wouldn't they help the Earthlings?

They felt he was tainted, and kinda wanted to kill him, so it makes sense he wasn't too pleased with them. He kept getting screwed over and wanted vengeance. Everybody has a breaking point.

Well normal wraith can't eat food for nourishment, and Michael no longer has the ability to absorb energy from humans the way wraith can.

He didn't seem to have a very large fleet yet, even though he did in the AT. He probably knew, but doesn't have a ZPM.

Season 5 wink.gif
+Quote Post
Rogue Ashrak
post Mar 9th 2008, 12:04 AM
Post #33

Hero of Time
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Mar 9th 2008, 2:16 PM) *

Yeah but what is cliche really (what does it really mean)? Wouldn't Michael have set that sort of booby-trap for anybody trying to hack his files and seize his lab? I thought it made sense.
Of course it does. But being the season ender? A little more effort, please.

What criticism? I corrected an error that was not typographical, and is not uncommon. People should know how to spell. It isn't a good thing when people cannot properly spell words like "foreshadow." I am not faulting IP or anything, I don't really care that much about spelling or communication, except that I think, since we have this language, maybe, just maybe, we should be able to use it properly. Not everybody is as intelligent as we on The Archive. Not everybody can simply know that he meant "foreshadow," so I think it better to be right in general... Then nobody has to guess.

Quick show of hands here people. How many of you saw "for-shadowing" and had absolutely no clue what he meant, and had to "guess" at his meaning? Yeah, I thought as much. Given the context he used it in and the utter insignificane of the mistake, it's not hard for anyone of even AVERAGE intelligence to figure out what he meant. Or do you truly think that the majority of people here on the Archive are that stupid that they couldn't have figured it out without your "help"?
Oh, and if I were flaunting, I would use a word like sesquipedalian, not foreshadow...

I do believe I said flaunting your spelling skills, not your vocabulary. Although I see you've managed to cover flaunting that now too, congrats.
Set yourself to a higher standard than that.

My standards are quite high enough, thank you.
Oh, and you made an error with your pronouns.

Either: "Because they (the posts) are {obnoxious}," or: "Did it ever occur to you that people may see you as obnoxious because of your constant pointless corrections? Because you are."

Is that so? MS Word doesn't appear to have a problem with it. (apart from a "fragment" at the end, but I don't care about those.)
Oh, and answering your own questions is fairly obnoxious all by itself. whistling.gif
I think I'm allowed to answer my own rhetorical questions if I'm proving a point. Nice try though.
Was that obnoxious enough?
Yep. By all means keep it up and prove my argument further.

QUOTE(Wisdonplusone @ Mar 9th 2008, 2:31 PM) *
WOW let the egos fly!!!!
QUOTE(Revan @ Mar 9th 2008, 2:45 PM) *

I would argue that it was testosterone, but frankly, I wan't all that excited or worked up. laugh.gif I like arguing. From conflict comes growth.

If only. Unfortunately, some people tend to learn nothing.

The way I see it, either Revan stops fuelling his own sense of superiority with pointless corrections, or we potentially lose members/potential posts due to the unwillingness to run afoul of the langauge Nazi mod.

I have nothing more to say on this.

+Quote Post
magnumopus
post Mar 9th 2008, 12:50 AM
Post #34

Airman Basic

Member No.: 11,734

cool episode
rlly liked how ronon was about to kill todd and todd was bout to stab ronon
rlly enjoyed how the story progrssed
thot that in 48000 years, the writers were gonna do something with beckett. ionno bring him bak or something to help out shepard
overall awesome episode
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Mar 9th 2008, 2:52 AM
Post #35

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

Corrections aren't pointless. If there's an error, it can be pointed out. Not everyone knows when they're wrong, and it takes someone to tell them for them to learn.

I didn't even think about Carson. That could have used it as an interesting way to have him in another episode, but perhaps that's asking too much.

At this point, they've already dramatically changed the future, I don't think Shep should give out too much info.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 9th 2008, 3:00 AM
Post #36

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(Revan @ Mar 9th 2008, 12:03 AM) *

It was a cliffhanger episode... We know there is a next season, so how could it have felt like a series ender, especially since time rolled back when John returned to Atlantis?

This episode was written AND FILMED when they didn't know if they were getting a season 5 or not. They felt about 50/50 near the time if they'd get renewed or not.

QUOTE(MrCooper @ Mar 9th 2008, 2:18 AM) *

The timeline will be EXACTLY the same unless Sheppard specifically changes it, it's only different based on what he's done. What has changed is the fact that Teyla won't give birth on that planet and Michael won't take her there, if that ends up being crucial then things will be changed. But if the Atlantis people don't find Teyla in time, pretty much everything that happened in the alternate timeline will end up happening, including the IOAs reaction and McKay/Kellers too.

QUOTE(Revan @ Mar 9th 2008, 2:24 AM) *

I was wondering why they don't just rebuild the station, unless they are worried about it getting destroyed again. And it took a long time to construct and fine-tune.

The main reason they blew up the midway station is because they couldn't afford to build a set laugh.gif They just used the SGC and Daedalus sets and green screened certain parts. But plot wise I suppose they might worry it would be hacked again.

QUOTE(Revan @ Mar 9th 2008, 3:16 AM) *

We may never have a long-winded evil villain explanation for Michael's actions. Although, I think he has explained it to more than one person... somethign about being an outcast... I dunno.

That is equivalent to a bad guy saying "I only tortured those people because the kids at school always ignored me". We do need a slightly deeper reason then that.

Not everybody can simply know that he meant "foreshadow," so I think it better to be right in general...

Yeah, I'm sure when I wrote 'for-shadowing' that people thought I meant 'table'.

From conflict comes growth.

Yeah you carry on believing that.

QUOTE(Rogue Ashrak @ Mar 9th 2008, 5:04 AM) *

Of course it does. But being the season ender? A little more effort, please.

I've got to say that for what I'd heard was a 'huge cliff-hanger ending' by the producers, I expected something that could not be solved by the team simply 'beaming out of there'. They could have gone bigger, but I suppose that's the down side of introducing all this advanced technology on the show....

*This post was edited for spelling mistakes*

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Mar 9th 2008, 3:04 AM
+Quote Post
Wisdonplusone
post Mar 9th 2008, 3:22 AM
Post #37

Airman Basic

whistling.gif This is like the 13th time I've ever done this in my life so please explain "ARCHIVE" what/who is it and what exactly (in idiot terms please) do they do? Since spelling seems to be dreadfullly important how do I access the spell check, usually I go under file but nada. Thanks
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Mar 9th 2008, 3:26 AM
Post #38

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Mar 9th 2008, 2:52 AM) *

Corrections aren't pointless. If there's an error, it can be pointed out. Not everyone knows when they're wrong, and it takes someone to tell them for them to learn.

I didn't even think about Carson. That could have used it as an interesting way to have him in another episode, but perhaps that's asking too much.

At this point, they've already dramatically changed the future, I don't think Shep should give out too much info.

I don't know that the future has been dramatically changed. I will agree that it has changed simply because Shep returned. It should change because it appears that Teyla will not give birth on that planet that McKay told John about. I think we can assume that for every small change there will be a change, but how small or how large, we don't know.
+Quote Post
Wisdonplusone
post Mar 9th 2008, 3:27 AM
Post #39

Airman Basic

whistling.gif This is like the 13th time I've ever done this in my life so please explain "ARCHIVE" what/who is it and what exactly (in idiot terms please) do they do? Since spelling seems to be dreadfullly important how do I access the spell check, usually I go under file but nada. Thanks
+Quote Post
Rogue Ashrak
post Mar 9th 2008, 3:39 AM
Post #40

Hero of Time
Group Icon

QUOTE(Wisdonplusone @ Mar 9th 2008, 7:27 PM) *

This entire site is "The Archive", it's just short for Stargate Information Archive (look at that little title bar thingy up the top wink.gif )

And no spelling is not of absolute paramount importance despite what the pedants will have you believe. (Not in an informal setting such as this site anyway) . As far as I'm concernered, as long as you post your thoughts clearly, and in such a way that they can be easily read and understood, minor spelling mistakes are immaterial.

As for the spell check...there is none unless you have one built into your browser. Or you could just copy/paste into word and do it there. Like I said though, it isn't the big deal some people seem to think it is. wink.gif
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Mar 9th 2008, 10:01 AM
Post #41

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

Time for my reaction to this episode:

I do see an interesting season opening up. Mainly because, although they tried, they have not solved anything during all three recent episodes: Teyla is still missing, Michael is still conducting research, etc. The alternate timeline had some plausible events presented, and the Ronon/Todd part was really exciting and funny. They also did a fine job with the old McKay. If only he would have also tried to have an "older" voice as well, I could have given the whole situation an A. 1.gif

A poor job with Sheppard's return. Once again, the writers omitted to give us all the details on a trouble situation. They said that Sheppard would be in trouble when he comes out of stasis, but after he went into stasis, they skipped to him coming through the gate. sad.gif

The ending was not that shocking as well. Sure, it was unexpected that the facility would blow up, but I expected the writers to spawn the "How will they get out of this one?" question into my mind. biggrin.gif

And now for some neutral advice:

Revan, pointing out the smallest mistakes does not make you the almighty Spelling God (this is just a kind advice). Sure, sometimes it is necessary to point out when a mistake was made, but only when you are sure that the person either doesn't know how to spell a word, or when the post content is distorted due to that mistake. And it is only when you are sure that a post cannot be understood correctly that you must post your correction, otherwise you should use the PM feature. smile.gif
+Quote Post
JinxyKatte
post Mar 9th 2008, 10:35 AM
Post #42

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,942

I loved the ep all through although at 1st i was kinda like oh another isolated, trapped, all alone kinda ep, but i them anyway.

everything about this ep was good, but i agree sam was way too reluctant to believe john.

i do have a problem with how sam went out really, it was a good scene, it was very sad, touching and moving, but it just seemed they took her down too easily with no where near enough ships,

this was a new ship made with asguard tech from the get go, the original one of these was taking down ori ships and i doubt a whole fleet of wraith could take down even one ori ship, so how did 3 manage to take down the phoenix?? i have a real issue with that i think maybe a 20 ship ambush with sam taking down maybe 10 - 15 and taking out the last few with the ram! anyone agree?
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 9th 2008, 10:46 AM
Post #43

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(JinxyKatte @ Mar 9th 2008, 3:35 PM) *

I loved the ep all through although at 1st i was kinda like oh another isolated, trapped, all alone kinda ep, but i them anyway.

everything about this ep was good, but i agree sam was way too reluctant to believe john.

i do have a problem with how sam went out really, it was a good scene, it was very sad, touching and moving, but it just seemed they took her down too easily with no where near enough ships,

this was a new ship made with asguard tech from the get go, the original one of these was taking down ori ships and i doubt a whole fleet of wraith could take down even one ori ship, so how did 3 manage to take down the phoenix?? i have a real issue with that i think maybe a 20 ship ambush with sam taking down maybe 10 - 15 and taking out the last few with the ram! anyone agree?

Well they did say the ship wasn't finished, it was in working condition but Sams reluctance earlier in the episode shows they still weren't 100% confident with it. If they had fired the weapons first rather then tried to avoid things may have gone differently, but I agree there probably should have been more hives I think, as I'm not sure Michael would believe in reality that 3 ships would be enough. (Even if it did prove enough, but shut up.)

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Mar 9th 2008, 10:46 AM
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Mar 9th 2008, 3:40 PM
Post #44

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Mar 9th 2008, 10:01 AM) *

A poor job with Sheppard's return. Once again, the writers omitted to give us all the details on a trouble situation. They said that Sheppard would be in trouble when he comes out of stasis, but after he went into stasis, they skipped to him coming through the gate. sad.gif

Thats a great point. I recorded this ep with my DVR, and I thought I had missed something, but I went back and the time was continuous. I was dispointed in that. They went through the trouble of dicussing the problem, only to just skip past it.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 9th 2008, 3:44 PM
Post #45

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Mar 9th 2008, 4:40 PM) *

Thats a great point. I recorded this ep with my DVR, and I thought I had missed something, but I went back and the time was continuous. I was dispointed in that. They went through the trouble of dicussing the problem, only to just skip past it.

It is possible the episode ran too long and TPTB had to pick and choose what they thought was important to the overall story. We already saw Sheppard in danger earlier in the episode, and he was hungry the whole time. There just wasn't time to have him make his way back to the gate.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Mar 9th 2008, 3:54 PM
Post #46

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(JinxyKatte @ Mar 9th 2008, 5:35 PM) *

Well, they helped explain the reason why the ship was taken down. It was an ambush, as the Hybrid ships covered all escape routes and started pounding the Phoenix. Before being able to power up weapons, they already took out the Asgard weapon system, and soon after that the hyperdrive. Also, we cannot know for sure if Michael improved the Wraith weapons as well. 1.gif

Although I may have not be sure to how they were able to take out Asgard weapons... whistling.gif

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Mar 9th 2008, 10:40 PM) *

If you ask me, the part could have been cut out to shorten the episode. But if that is true, why cut out something essential to the action of the episode, or rather, why not make just one friggin episode longer to make all the action fit? 1.gif
+Quote Post
Dave312
post Mar 9th 2008, 9:24 PM
Post #47

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,343

I rather enjoyed this episode. It really showed how everything could just go terribly wrong for the Atlantis team.

I do have one major point to make, how could Teyla's baby turn the tide of war so much? From what we have seen these Hybrids don't seem to be all that strong. They are basically just Humans with a little Wraith DNA that are open to Micheal's 'influence'. We seem to be able to kill them as easily as any other Human. They don't appear to have any regenerating abilities either.

The whole AT was based on upon Micheal being able to perfect his hybrids. Yet he only really managed to destroy the Wraith by poisoning their food supply. How are these two things related? He was already infecting people with the Hoffan drug before he had Teyla's baby. So if they managed to rescue Teyla and her baby, how are things going to turn out much different? He can still use the same method to destroy the Wraith and Human worlds as he did in the AT.

This has been a rather good season. It has held a very high average episode quality and hopefully this standard will continue into the next season.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 9th 2008, 9:53 PM
Post #48

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dave312 @ Mar 10th 2008, 2:24 AM) *

I rather enjoyed this episode. It really showed how everything could just go terribly wrong for the Atlantis team.

I do have one major point to make, how could Teyla's baby turn the tide of war so much? From what we have seen these Hybrids don't seem to be all that strong. They are basically just Humans with a little Wraith DNA that are open to Micheal's 'influence'. We seem to be able to kill them as easily as any other Human. They don't appear to have any regenerating abilities either.

The whole AT was based on upon Micheal being able to perfect his hybrids. Yet he only really managed to destroy the Wraith by poisoning their food supply. How are these two things related? He was already infecting people with the Hoffan drug before he had Teyla's baby. So if they managed to rescue Teyla and her baby, how are things going to turn out much different? He can still use the same method to destroy the Wraith and Human worlds as he did in the AT.

This has been a rather good season. It has held a very high average episode quality and hopefully this standard will continue into the next season.

Well, I don't think he was as willing to take on the rest of the Wraith without the perfected hybrids, but remember that McKay said that after the drug was administered to human populations Michael would take the strong survivors and convert them into hybrids too. But it was once he had the hybrids that he started to attack Wraith colonies as he had the warriors, based on the episode we know he started getting his hands on Hive ships, something that he has been evident without so far. He probably built up his forces and ships and took over the galaxy, but I don't think he could really do that if the hybrids weren't perfected. Which based on the fact that Kanaan nearly helped Teyla out in Kindred II, they still have a way to go. And Teylas baby allowed him to do.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 21st 2014 - 4:37 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.