Rating  4
Wisdonplusone
post Mar 8th 2008, 8:08 PM
Post #49

Airman Basic

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,414

QUOTE(Revan @ Mar 4th 2008, 8:04 PM) *

What does Teyla finding her people held prisoner by a maniac to use as lab rats have to do with the Nazis? The Nazis were for the supreme pure race and all that garbage, and that it was wrong to pollute the gene pool, but I don't think they did any genetic manipulation... Unless I missed that part of history class.

What Ronon and Beckett said when?

You from Cali?

Her people held as lab rats? Torture? Yeah, think Nazis, they also did their own form of genetic manipulation in having women carrying babies from "pure" stock. Not as sophisticated as Michael but effective never the less.

When Beckett was saying goodby to everyone, they (Rhonin and Beckett) embraced briefly and seemed to talk, the only goodby we were't able to hear.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 8th 2008, 8:40 PM
Post #50

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(Wisdonplusone @ Mar 8th 2008, 8:08 PM) *

Her people held as lab rats? Torture? Yeah, think Nazis, they also did their own form of genetic manipulation in having women carrying babies from "pure" stock. Not as sophisticated as Michael but effective never the less.

When Beckett was saying goodby to everyone, they (Rhonin and Beckett) embraced briefly and seemed to talk, the only goodby we were't able to hear.

I am in absolutely in no way defending the Nazis, but I've gotta say, torture and horrible forced labor and unjust imprisonment are not exclusive to that regime.

The Russians killed a hell of a lot more people (the Slavs, I believe) than the Nazis killed Jews.

I don't recall that. *shrug*
+Quote Post
Wisdonplusone
post Mar 8th 2008, 9:04 PM
Post #51

Airman Basic

Member No.: 17,414

QUOTE(Revan @ Mar 8th 2008, 8:40 PM) *

I am in absolutely in no way defending the Nazis, but I've gotta say, torture and horrible forced labor and unjust imprisonment are not exclusive to that regime.

The Russians killed a hell of a lot more people (the Slavs, I believe) than the Nazis killed Jews.

I don't recall that. *shrug*

No the Nazis weren't the first, last, or only ones to utilize torture but it was the first thing that came to my mind while I was watching it, probably because of Michael's appearance (blond hair), his uniform, the scene set-up, Hollings shaved head, torture, etc., I still feel that this is the image they were trying to promote. I refuse to debate which regime is more morally degenerate.

You may not remember the goodby, doesn't mean it didn't happen...
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 8th 2008, 9:08 PM
Post #52

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Wisdonplusone @ Mar 8th 2008, 9:04 PM) *

No the Nazis weren't the first, last, or only ones to utilize torture but it was the first thing that came to my mind while I was watching it, probably because of Michael's appearance (blond hair), his uniform, the scene set-up, Hollings shaved head, torture, etc., I still feel that this is the image they were trying to promote. I refuse to debate which regime is more morally degenerate.

You may not remember the goodby, doesn't mean it didn't happen...

My bad. You are right. I would say that is the sort of message they were sending. I do think TPTB were going for the whole "master race" thing with superiority at any cost. I don't think that is a debate that could be had, or that would have any constructive or positive result, beyond raising awareness.

No I mean I remember the farewell, just not the hushed secretive part. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 9th 2008, 3:14 AM
Post #53

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(Wisdonplusone @ Mar 9th 2008, 2:04 AM) *
Hollings shaved head

That was probably only because he was playing Todd all the damn time biggrin.gif I wouldn't link that to the Nazi's though, given the other characters seemed to have longer hair I think it may have just been how he was before he got kidnapped. Who knows.

There are certain links to the Nazi's though I guess, but you will find links with the Nazis to most bad guy schemes on the show if you look deep enough.
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Mar 9th 2008, 12:57 PM
Post #54

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,443

QUOTE(Revan @ Mar 9th 2008, 1:40 AM) *

your quite right there revan.even the russians weren't the first.the first people too come up with the concept for a concentration camp (that is known about anyway) is the British! in south africa during the boar war.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Mar 9th 2008, 3:43 PM
Post #55

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ Mar 9th 2008, 12:57 PM) *

your quite right there revan.even the russians weren't the first.the first people too come up with the concept for a concentration camp (that is known about anyway) is the British! in south africa during the boar war.

lol, the British did not invent concentration camps. Things like that have been going on for thousands of years.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 9th 2008, 3:47 PM
Post #56

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Mar 9th 2008, 4:43 PM) *

lol, the British did not invent concentration camps. Things like that have been going on for thousands of years.

Concentration camps have existed since semi-sentient bipedal organisms formed groups. Course, back then, they would only be held until they were eaten for nourishment to combat the cold winters. sick.gif
+Quote Post
dr lee
post Apr 29th 2008, 11:41 AM
Post #57

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,109

Ok.. it's been a long while since i saw this episode, and i'm in need of some assistance.

Does anyone know where i can find a transcript of this episode... specifically the DNA strand thing that Keller showed as proof that Carson was a clone....please?

I've gone looking aobut the SG sites i know of for transcripts but i can only find SG-1 scripts.

Thanks in advance for any help cool.gif
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Apr 29th 2008, 11:48 AM
Post #58

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(dr lee @ Apr 29th 2008, 7:41 PM) *

Ok.. it's been a long while since i saw this episode, and i'm in need of some assistance.

Does anyone know where i can find a transcript of this episode... specifically the DNA strand thing that Keller showed as proof that Carson was a clone....please?

I've gone looking aobut the SG sites i know of for transcripts but i can only find SG-1 scripts.

Thanks in advance for any help cool.gif

Well, Doc Lee, you always seem to find spoilers of episodes, so I am surprised you would be in trouble for a transcript. I'm glad to help. I found a transcript on ye olde Gateworld, and I provide you with this link in the hopes that you will find what you need:

Gateworld Transcript by Callie Sullivan

This post has been edited by KillerMarv: Apr 29th 2008, 11:48 AM
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 28th 2014 - 5:19 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.