IndyJan
post Feb 24th 2008, 12:35 PM
Post #25

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Feb 24th 2008, 2:24 AM) *

I like it too. It adds a dynamic to his character. He is more comfortable in his new home.
I think I first noticed during the funeral scene when he asked if the food was free, and then he told John that there was food.

Yes we did see it in the funeral for John's father. I remember that line, "is this food free?" Then just piling the food on his plate. Since he has no one, Ronon was more or less forced to accept his "new" home, his "new" friends and the whole situation. It's just another way of showing that he is growing.

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Feb 24th 2008, 8:14 AM) *

Let's face it there is something about the baby specifically that Michael is interested in, not just any baby but that one.

I have said that I believe Michael wants this child because it gets Wraith DNA from both Teyla and Kanaan. Teyla told us that kanaan has it as well as herself. We have not seen a Wraith baby. This might be Michael's way of having a human/wraith/hybrid child that he can take charge of.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mad
post Feb 24th 2008, 8:46 PM
Post #26

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,678

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Feb 23rd 2008, 11:47 AM) *

As for the episode, a good one, it felt like it was bringing all the arcs back, and quite well as well. But I'm glad to see Teyla's people thing revisited, as well as the baby. I was worried that once she had the baby the show would take a similar direction to most shows and just have them take a backrole to the story and not really come into it again. But Michael saying he had plans for it hopefully indicates that it will serve more of a purpose then just as Teylas own personal character story.

I hope they don't have Michael taking the baby away. It would be cool to show Teyla would coping being a mum and being on the team in the foreground still after Sheppard's talk about his single-mum cop friend in Quarantine.
Hope it doesn't turn out to be a wraith-baby, that would suck sad.gif

Just saw the teaser for the second part. It gives a LOT away, so don't watch it if you want anything left to surprise you.

Poor ole Carson, real or not, he's in quite a pickle.

Like someone else said, loving Rodney's Physics recordings. After all, it's the thought that counts and it was very sweet if a bit pompous laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Mad: Feb 24th 2008, 8:48 PM
+Quote Post
ancient01
post Feb 25th 2008, 6:47 AM
Post #27

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,239

I can't wait to see the second part. I love the Michael storyline. The idea of having the good guys screw up and create a new enemy like that is a great plot twist that still holds up several seasons later. I wonder if Michael will actually get to keep the baby? That could make Teyla into a real character for a change...

As far as Carson goes, I've been assuming that the one we saw die was actually the Clone. Now he has to go home to somehow convince his family that he's not actually dead?? Drama in Sci-Fi... Gotta love it!
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Feb 25th 2008, 7:47 AM
Post #28

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(ancient01 @ Feb 25th 2008, 11:47 AM) *

As far as Carson goes, I've been assuming that the one we saw die was actually the Clone. Now he has to go home to somehow convince his family that he's not actually dead?? Drama in Sci-Fi... Gotta love it!

Well I think as soon as he walks in the room and says "Hi mum!" they'll probably be convinced he's alive smile.gif

Would be hard though he had a really close relationship to his mum it would be weird how he approaches it.

Spoiler but mostly speculation about Carsons return:
» Click to Show Spoiler «

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Feb 25th 2008, 7:48 AM
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Feb 25th 2008, 11:50 PM
Post #29

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Feb 25th 2008, 7:47 AM) *

Well I think as soon as he walks in the room and says "Hi mum!" they'll probably be convinced he's alive smile.gif

Would be hard though he had a really close relationship to his mum it would be weird how he approaches it.

Spoiler but mostly speculation about Carsons return:

IP, I do like your theory/idea regarding Carson
Needless to say, I'm still upset about the whole killing off of Carson, just because they wanted to do it. mad.gif

This post has been edited by IndyJan: Feb 25th 2008, 11:51 PM
+Quote Post
NRJ
post Feb 25th 2008, 11:51 PM
Post #30

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,428

I really loved Carson's face at the end, his expression on his face.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Feb 26th 2008, 8:56 AM
Post #31

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Feb 26th 2008, 4:50 AM) *

IP, I do like your theory/idea regarding Carson
Needless to say, I'm still upset about the whole killing off of Carson, just because they wanted to do it. mad.gif

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Feb 26th 2008, 8:57 AM
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Feb 26th 2008, 4:14 PM
Post #32

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,565

I loved this episode. Though, I am some what lost as I must have missed an episode because I do not know when Teyla got pregnant. I realized they have been talking about it over the last few episodes but I missed something somewhere. Oh well that is what re runs are for. Though if anyone can tell me the episode name I will try and look out for it.

I love not doing spoilers, though I have not had the opportunity of late to be online to be spoiled so when Dr Beckett showed up in the end of the episode I screamed the roof of my house off. LOL. I hope that is really him. I have missed him terribly. When I watch old episode with him in it I get upset knowing he will die later on.

Since SG-1 has gone off the air, Atlantis has gotten much better. More depth. I like it now. Hope it continues.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Feb 26th 2008, 4:28 PM
Post #33

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

This was a very poor episode. There was around 5 minutes of plot in 40 minutes. Michael was the only good thing about this episode. TPTB waited way too long to reintroduce him.
+Quote Post
ferretlady
post Feb 26th 2008, 5:12 PM
Post #34

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 17,740

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Feb 23rd 2008, 8:57 AM) *

I did enjoy seeing Lorne on this one. I do love that man.

We know that the "real" Beckett is dead. So of course this is a clone, replicator, or asuran. The only thing not known is whether he is evil or not. I'll be really ticked off if they only brought Beckett back to turn him evil. mad.gif

I did rather enjoy Rodney giving the baby gift to Teyla and his explanation for it. Then he noticed she was rather upset and asked why. He immediately sat down to listen. Good job, Rodney. smile.gif

I was pleased to see Lorne too, he is a nice guy.
I was glad to see Beckett back, but the idea that they could turn him evil hadn't acured to me.
And yes Rodney taking an interest in someone else was rather surprising. First with the gift for Teyla's baby, which was thoughtfull in itself & then by listening to her I thought was good going on his part.
+Quote Post
JC1
post Feb 26th 2008, 6:05 PM
Post #35

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 342

I thought this was an average episode. Bit slow in the begining, but it picked up towards the end. Hopefully, it's set things up for a good part 2 of the episode.

Nice too see Lorne, Caldwell, Todd and Micheal back. I'll wait until I see nexts episode to see if having Beckett back is a good thing or not.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Feb 26th 2008, 8:15 PM
Post #36

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Feb 26th 2008, 4:14 PM) *

I loved this episode. Though, I am some what lost as I must have missed an episode because I do not know when Teyla got pregnant. I realized they have been talking about it over the last few episodes but I missed something somewhere. Oh well that is what re runs are for. Though if anyone can tell me the episode name I will try and look out for it.

We found out she was pregnant quite awhile ago... And the character had been pregnant a long time.

We first discover the truth in Missing/The Seer... episodes seven and eight, respectively.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Feb 27th 2008, 2:27 AM
Post #37

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Feb 26th 2008, 4:14 PM) *

I love not doing spoilers, though I have not had the opportunity of late to be online to be spoiled so when Dr Beckett showed up in the end of the episode I screamed the roof of my house off. LOL. I hope that is really him. I have missed him terribly. When I watch old episode with him in it I get upset knowing he will die later on.

Since SG-1 has gone off the air, Atlantis has gotten much better. More depth. I like it now. Hope it continues.

Hey Em, yes Revan answered about Missing/Seer as the episodes we find out about her being pregnant. What's funny is that TPTB did their best to try and hide her pregnancy. Then once it was revealed, she was out to there, LOL!

Well I knew about Beckett simply because the sci-fi channel showed the teaser immediately after Midway, and had been showing it all week before the episode.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Feb 27th 2008, 4:15 AM
Post #38

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Feb 27th 2008, 2:27 AM) *

Hey Em, yes Revan answered about Missing/Seer as the episodes we find out about her being pregnant. What's funny is that TPTB did their best to try and hide her pregnancy. Then once it was revealed, she was out to there, LOL!

Well I knew about Beckett simply because the sci-fi channel showed the teaser immediately after Midway, and had been showing it all week before the episode.

It was always obvious that Rachel L was pregnant, regardless of how much they tried to hide it behind her gun.

A lot of people knew about it long before that because of... JM's blog, I think? Or maybe an interview?
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Feb 27th 2008, 6:47 AM
Post #39

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Feb 26th 2008, 9:14 PM) *

Everyone who didn't know about Beckett has given the best reaction to it, must admit it kinda makes me want to have not known now. I knew he would be in the episode, but didn't know how, when ect. But I can see a similar reaction like that from my mum and sister as they don't know spoilers at all.

QUOTE(IndyJan)

In all fairness I'm GUESSING that Quarantine (the first episode where she jumped a few months in size) was filmed after the summer break they take. So that may be why, but yeah they didn't exactly attempt to meld the two sizes timewise wink.gif

QUOTE(IndyJan)

Why don't you just do what I do with Doctor Who/Torchwood and used to do when they would put a little teaser for Atlantis straight after SG-1 and just be poised with the remote to turn it off when the ep ends? Just have the remote by you, similar if you can for midweek previews.

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Feb 27th 2008, 6:53 AM
+Quote Post
ferretlady
post Feb 27th 2008, 3:07 PM
Post #40

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 17,740

QUOTE(NRJ @ Feb 26th 2008, 4:51 AM) *

I really loved Carson's face at the end, his expression on his face.

I totaly agree. He seemes to think that they were clmming for him at last & seemed rather puzzled by their expretions an their faces at seeing him, which only seemed to confuse poor Carson no end. Can't wait till next week to see what happenes next. I'm sure that they somehow explain how they managed to bring Carson back. I'm happy he's back though. I like him. But yeah, the look on his face & on the teams faces, priceless. respectfully Elke
+Quote Post
Raxor
post Feb 28th 2008, 6:17 PM
Post #41

Group Icon

Member No.: 174

A pretty nice episode, like seeing ol mikey again. I will reserve judgement until ive seen part two lets hope it turns out to be interesting.

Im in confusion at the ending scene so dont really know what to think of it...
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Feb 29th 2008, 12:51 AM
Post #42

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Raxor @ Feb 28th 2008, 6:17 PM) *

Im in confusion at the ending scene so dont really know what to think of it...

I kinda felt the same way at the end. I was kidna unsure.
+Quote Post
Wisdonplusone
post Mar 1st 2008, 2:06 PM
Post #43

Airman Basic

Member No.: 17,414

Glad to see more of the "minor" characters coming on strong - Lorne would do well if they ever decide to do a spinoff of the spinoff. Agree that Tayla's size change was way to abrupt - was thinking there may be twins - one with wraith and one without - faternal twins. (A whole new plot twist.) Rodney was truly himself with a recording for Tayla's baby, the man truly loves the sound of his own voice. Todd is coming along and seems to be getting more wraith to follow him - he is an interesting opponent, one you can never trust and yet need to utilize for info. Michael is playing out all the hard feelings that he has against everyone - looks like he intends to take on the universe inorder to make a place for himself. Carson I know he can never come back - what would they do with two doctors? The changing looks on his face as he realized freedom was at hand and yet his friends weren't responding as you'd assume your friends would. Could/would you ever trust a clone?
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 1st 2008, 3:53 PM
Post #44

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Wisdonplusone @ Mar 1st 2008, 2:06 PM) *

Glad to see more of the "minor" characters coming on strong - Lorne would do well if they ever decide to do a spinoff of the spinoff. Agree that Tayla's size change was way to abrupt - was thinking there may be twins - one with wraith and one without - faternal twins. (A whole new plot twist.) Rodney was truly himself with a recording for Tayla's baby, the man truly loves the sound of his own voice. Todd is coming along and seems to be getting more wraith to follow him - he is an interesting opponent, one you can never trust and yet need to utilize for info. Michael is playing out all the hard feelings that he has against everyone - looks like he intends to take on the universe inorder to make a place for himself. Carson I know he can never come back - what would they do with two doctors? The changing looks on his face as he realized freedom was at hand and yet his friends weren't responding as you'd assume your friends would. Could/would you ever trust a clone?

First: That was difficult to understand.

Lorne is still a small character. You could expand any character if you really wanted to do so. Lorne hasn't been as developed as Zelenka, even.

Fraternal you mean? That is a misconception. There are dizygotic and monozygotic twins. You mean dizygotic, though I tend to doubt what you suggest is even possible.

Rodney was correct in that babies can hear, even when in the womb. I don't know if hearing his voice discussing advanced scientific theories would be helpful, though.

That makes Todd an enemy. Just because it is convenient for him to help us, doesn't make him an ally at all.

Michael is just angry. Since he has no place for himself, he is going to force a place into existence. Not a bad idea really, though I object to mass murder.

They have many doctors on Atlantis. We know that Keller was working there the entire time, even if we never saw her.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Mar 1st 2008, 8:44 PM
Post #45

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Mar 1st 2008, 3:53 PM) *

Rodney was correct in that babies can hear, even when in the womb. I don't know if hearing his voice discussing advanced scientific theories would be helpful, though.

Michael is just angry. Since he has no place for himself, he is going to force a place into existence. Not a bad idea really, though I object to mass murder.

I agree babies can hear and respond in the womb. Too many times when the mother and/or father have sung to them or played certain music for them, the baby after birth does respond to that, and the parent's voice.

Michael is extremely angry. The Wraith would not accept him. He never reverted back to total Wraith. The humans are afraid of him because they don't know what to expect. He will do whatever he has to in order to create somewhere for him to exist. But I agree, I do not like the mass murder, which he seems to be doing a lot of.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 2nd 2008, 10:08 AM
Post #46

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Mar 2nd 2008, 1:44 AM) *

Michael is extremely angry. The Wraith would not accept him. He never reverted back to total Wraith.

Actually I'm starting to think that he didn't revert back to total Wraith because he didn't want to. We all know that the drug should have reverted Michael back to a Wraith once it was stopped being taken. It never made sense to me that Michael stayed part way human in Vengeance as Beckett said the drug needs to be continually taken, and he reverted back the first time fully. My guess was that he was the way he was in Vengeance because he was manipulating his own DNA by that point to get to the point he is now.

I think that all the other Wraith before that though just treated him like the Queen in No Mans Land did and didn't trust him, and that's why he ran.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Mar 3rd 2008, 12:14 AM
Post #47

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Mar 2nd 2008, 10:08 AM) *

Actually I'm starting to think that he didn't revert back to total Wraith because he didn't want to. We all know that the drug should have reverted Michael back to a Wraith once it was stopped being taken. It never made sense to me that Michael stayed part way human in Vengeance as Beckett said the drug needs to be continually taken, and he reverted back the first time fully. My guess was that he was the way he was in Vengeance because he was manipulating his own DNA by that point to get to the point he is now.

I think that all the other Wraith before that though just treated him like the Queen in No Mans Land did and didn't trust him, and that's why he ran.

You could be right that Michael was his own experiment first. I believe that he liked being human and not having to feed, but once a partial Wraith he remembered what Wraith are and do. He may have just decided that he would be his own species.
+Quote Post
Wisdonplusone
post Mar 4th 2008, 7:47 PM
Post #48

Airman Basic

Member No.: 17,414

bow.gif Ouch got fingers burned on that last blog...Fraternal twins - of course Tayla could have twins one of which would have wraith characteristics and one without - two eggs, different genetic material being passed on. How else could there be boy/girl sets of twins? Anyway they didn't go in that direction.

Todd - I like him for an alliance - wait, hear me out - How many times have our "friends" sold us out? How many times have we been betrayed? No, I don't believe the enemy of my enemy is my friend, they are just someone else we can't trust. A betrayer of one can/will betray again. I believe we can always rely on Todd to do what is in his best interest so we know what to expect and can preempt him as we have done before. With a "friend" you never know and would trust them, possibly at the wrong time. Todd has come through for us with good intelligence so I have more faith in him then some others we have run across.

Missed where Dr. Keller has been there since day one and was promoted from within, my point was that Dr. Beckett can't return as then there would be two Chief Medical Officers.

Michael could not change his genetic material (didn't know he was altered in the beginning) until he started to revert back to a wraith and Dr Beckett's drug should have stopped working. As for changing genetics by force of will - not likely - sooo how about when he returned to the hive the bug boys tried to enhance the human stuff out of curosity and now we have ultra-Michael. Now if he mated with a "regular" wraith would his enhanced characteristics be passed on? Or would he have to create an ultra-wraith-mate? wink.gif

bow.gif Ouch got fingers burned on that last blog...Fraternal twins - of course Tayla could have twins one of which would have wraith characteristics and one without - two eggs, different genetic material being passed on. How else could there be boy/girl sets of twins? Anyway they didn't go in that direction.

Todd - I like him for an alliance - wait, hear me out - How many times have our "friends" sold us out? How many times have we been betrayed? No, I don't believe the enemy of my enemy is my friend, they are just someone else we can't trust. A betrayer of one can/will betray again. I believe we can always rely on Todd to do what is in his best interest so we know what to expect and can preempt him as we have done before. With a "friend" you never know and would trust them, possibly at the wrong time. Todd has come through for us with good intelligence so I have more faith in him then some others we have run across.

Missed where Dr. Keller has been there since day one and was promoted from within, my point was that Dr. Beckett can't return as then there would be two Chief Medical Officers.

Michael could not change his genetic material (didn't know he was altered in the beginning) until he started to revert back to a wraith and Dr Beckett's drug should have stopped working. As for changing genetics by force of will - not likely - sooo how about when he returned to the hive the bug boys tried to enhance the human stuff out of curosity and now we have ultra-Michael. Now if he mated with a "regular" wraith would his enhanced characteristics be passed on? Or would he have to create an ultra-wraith-mate? wink.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 30th 2014 - 1:30 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.