JTMAG1
post Feb 18th 2008, 11:41 PM
Post #49

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Feb 18th 2008, 9:02 PM) *

There was a deleted scene where she basically says she's with Jack back home. Here:
Joe Mallozzi posted it on his blog after Trio premiered. The reason for its removal was time.

That is such a cop out. They removed this because of time? That is like a 15 second conversation, and with all of the "who would you do" conversations.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Revan
post Feb 19th 2008, 1:00 AM
Post #50

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

They couldn't have removed something else?

Well Keller is right... Ronon is rather difficult to read. With all the suspense that has built up around Carter and O'Neill, I don't know how they could really do it justice for a lot of people.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Feb 19th 2008, 2:14 AM
Post #51

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Feb 18th 2008, 11:41 PM) *

That is such a cop out. They removed this because of time? That is like a 15 second conversation, and with all of the "who would you do" conversations.

I agree that is so lame. That is like a 15 second thing that they could have put in. But we're talking about Malozzi here, he'll keep the fans guessing and wanting forever.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Feb 19th 2008, 8:23 AM
Post #52

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

I remember him also saying on the blog:
QUOTE(http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/)
But, sometimes, the script is running long and cuts need to be made. In the case of Trio, and despite a desire to keep the reference, it came out fairly easily without disrupting the flow of the scene or detracting from the story.

So that's basically why, but they still do look over everything and think what needs to be in and doesn't, but that is still down to their interpretation especially in a dialogue/character driven episode like this one. The 'who would you' stuff may have been talked over during something pivotal in the scene and therefore they may have been forced to keep it in (I don't remember if they were talking about it over something significant) but then again they may have just thought it was more relevant/funny then the O'Neill line proved plot interesting. I don't know.

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Feb 19th 2008, 8:24 AM
+Quote Post
AtheneBelle
post Feb 19th 2008, 8:39 AM
Post #53

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,548

QUOTE(Revan @ Feb 18th 2008, 7:48 PM) *

No, I am quite sure there are no lyrics. I have the previous season on DVD, and can tell you with nearly 100% certainty that there are no lyrics.

In that, I believe, you are wrong. Sam Carter was and is all about the job, so it isn't surprising that her romantic life has taken a hit. I don't think it is unreasonable for her to be holding out hope that she and O'Neill will get together eventually.

I just listened to a download that I have of 4x11. At approximately 2:34 the opening credits start. At approximately 3:06 (the fadeout between Teyla and the Deadalus in a wraith firefight) the singing begins but I still can't make out the words. I almost get the feeling we're not supposed to understand it. Also listened to 3x08 ("McKay and Mrs. Miller) and the same thing happens (although I wasn't paying attention to the time on that one). A key indicator that the singing is beginning is to listen for the Bflat flute trill. I used to play flute and sing so I guess I'm tuned into to that sort of stuff. *shrug*.

As for our opinions about Carter I believe we have to agree to disagree on this one. I guess it's a matter of personal takes on a character and how personal experiences inform a persons take on a character. Ex. McKay dating and making the decision to take the big plunge with Katie despite a long-term interest in Carter. What I would like to see from Sam is a variation on this (not with McKay because I recognize this McKay is not the type for her personality).

This post has been edited by AtheneBelle: Feb 19th 2008, 8:58 AM
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Feb 19th 2008, 8:44 AM
Post #54

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(AtheneBelle @ Feb 19th 2008, 1:39 PM) *

I Just listened to a download that I have of 4x11. At approximately 2:34 the opening credits start. At approximately 3:06 (the fadeout between Teyla and the Deadalus in a wraith firefight) the singing begins but I still can't make out the words. I almost get the feeling we're not supposed to understand it.

It's probably a bad download wink.gif

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Feb 19th 2008, 8:45 AM
+Quote Post
Revan
post Feb 19th 2008, 9:10 AM
Post #55

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Feb 19th 2008, 8:23 AM) *

I remember him also saying on the blog:

So that's basically why, but they still do look over everything and think what needs to be in and doesn't, but that is still down to their interpretation especially in a dialogue/character driven episode like this one. The 'who would you' stuff may have been talked over during something pivotal in the scene and therefore they may have been forced to keep it in (I don't remember if they were talking about it over something significant) but then again they may have just thought it was more relevant/funny then the O'Neill line proved plot interesting. I don't know.

It was like: "Would you rather do Brad Pitt or Harrison Ford?" kinda stuff... It wasn't important to anything, just funny. It, to me, seemed to be a way to fill dead air. I would have preferred an important (if very short) discussion of the heart.

I watch on tv. How are those itunes downloads anyways? Because we do not discuss any other methods of obtaining recently aired video, so you must have gotten it off of itunes.

And Athene, there are no lyrics. Check you speakers for damage.
+Quote Post
AtheneBelle
post Feb 19th 2008, 12:02 PM
Post #56

Airman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Feb 19th 2008, 9:10 AM) *

I watch on tv. How are those itunes downloads anyways? Because we do not discuss any other methods of obtaining recently aired video, so you must have gotten it off of itunes.

And Athene, there are no lyrics. Check you speakers for damage.

Yeah, I get them off of ITunes. They're pretty good most of the time. I also watch on TV, but don't usually remember if it has sung music on it off the top of my head, haven't seen a recent ep to check it out. As for my speakers being damaged I've listened to it on my husband's file server where he has our surround sound hooked in as well as fed through to my TV with the not quite as good speakers as well as my own laptop and hear it each and every time.

As for lyrics..there may or may not be words but there is definitely singing. There's a difference.

This post has been edited by AtheneBelle: Feb 19th 2008, 12:07 PM
+Quote Post
hobo_joe20
post Feb 19th 2008, 12:28 PM
Post #57

Brigadier General
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,055

QUOTE(AtheneBelle @ Feb 19th 2008, 12:02 PM) *

As for lyrics..there may or may not be words but there is definitely singing. There's a difference.

There are no words. It is simple vocal harmonics (like those used in many video game soundtracks), and as such there are no lyrics. Unless you consider piano music to be lyrics as well.
+Quote Post
BigusDickus
post Feb 19th 2008, 2:20 PM
Post #58

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,661

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...04083822AA6O4ch

Think that sums that up.
+Quote Post
droid327
post Feb 20th 2008, 12:12 AM
Post #59

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,306

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Feb 12th 2008, 5:15 PM) *

I quite enjoyed this episode. The beginning was a huge nitpick for me, Carter says to spread their weight out yet they cram next to each other at the edge of the hole to see if McKay is ok. I still don't understand why the minimum "check in" time is around 6 hours. Given how many situations a team has been in when survival depends on how fast Atlantis realises they are past checking in, I don't know why they still wait for ages to call in.

Well since you brought up nitpicks....if, as they established, the problem was that they added the additional 500 or 600 lbs or whatever in their combined weights, which made the room unstable, why not just toss all the useless junk (ballast) that was lying around the room into the chasm to compensate, instead of trying to make various erstwhile ladders out of it? Keller was shown scooping the dirt out, so the idea should have passed through their heads.

From the exertion they showed lifting those crates, they had to have weighed at least 40 or 50 lbs each, and there were how many of them? Plus all those large various metal tools, pipes and things lying around, there had to have been enough to make up for it.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Feb 20th 2008, 3:54 AM
Post #60

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

I think that our team was unwilling to sit around waiting to die or be rescued. They wanted to to be active instead of passive, so they needed some of the extra junk that way laying around (especially the rope).
+Quote Post
Elke
post Feb 20th 2008, 4:27 PM
Post #61

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 17,279

QUOTE(Airkat @ Feb 10th 2008, 12:47 PM) *

I know the gas line SORTA came in handy in the grand scheme of things, but did anyone else find it dumb of Carter to allow Rodney to keep trying? #1 they were low on time and #2 he had nearly taken her head off the first time.

I would've stepped in and said we don't have time for this, let's go.

I have to admit I agree with you on that. I too woul've stepped in & said give it over, we have more important things to do. like you said esp after nearly taking her heas off. Elke ohmy.gif

QUOTE(droid327 @ Feb 20th 2008, 12:12 AM) *

Well since you brought up nitpicks....if, as they established, the problem was that they added the additional 500 or 600 lbs or whatever in their combined weights, which made the room unstable, why not just toss all the useless junk (ballast) that was lying around the room into the chasm to compensate, instead of trying to make various erstwhile ladders out of it? Keller was shown scooping the dirt out, so the idea should have passed through their heads.

From the exertion they showed lifting those crates, they had to have weighed at least 40 or 50 lbs each, and there were how many of them? Plus all those large various metal tools, pipes and things lying around, there had to have been enough to make up for it.

good points but then the episode woukd've finished & what would the writers have to say then? Well I guess every now & then you have to have airhead writings, so that the common people can be drawn in as well, I guess, or not. Elke

+Quote Post
AtheneBelle
post Feb 23rd 2008, 7:25 PM
Post #62

Airman
Group Icon

In regards to this episode there were definitely some things that they should have done that the characters didn't do. Since they found the rope one of the first things they should have done in my mind was to check that pit and see if there was some other way. Perhaps this is just the caver in me but I would have thought that it would have been one of the first things Sam would have done.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 24th 2014 - 2:42 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.