Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate Atlantis: Spoilers & Speculation

This area is for Atlantis spoilers. There are separate categories for SG-1 Spoilers and Universe Spoilers. Complete forum rules are available here.

Atlantis Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> And the new cast details are in...
Invisible Painting
post Feb 7th 2008, 2:58 PM
Post #25

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(seymour @ Feb 7th 2008, 6:01 PM) *

DEX: I had you wrong. When you first came here, I thought you were weak – that you didn't belong.
KELLER: It's the story of my life. Growing up, I skipped through grades and graduated at fifteen. Got my Bachelor's Degree before I was even old enough to vote. I missed out on a lot of things – any kind of social event, you know, parties and dances. I don't ever remember a time in my life where I belonged.

Ronon regrets the loss of his lover and death of the majority of his race, he was a Runner from the Wraith for years.
Keller counters with her pain about missing her high school dances.
This pairing is convincing.....HOW?

Both lost in a scenereo where they find it difficult to talk to anyone about. I'd say that smile.gif It is a bit of an odd pariring but I don't mind it, I was wanting them to kiss when the signs started showing.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wonderland
post Feb 7th 2008, 8:49 PM
Post #26

Major General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,411

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Feb 7th 2008, 12:28 AM) *

Sadly, I gave it this year, even though I was so upset about the killing of Beckett. I watched, due to loyalty and my like of Sam. I believe I made a mistake.
Yes Wonder was ahead of us all. I believe I'll be joining her next year. For me, Keller is no substitute for Beckett. The fact that they will be turning her into a regular next season, pretty much cinches it for me. I'll be watching Las Vegas.

They broke my heart when they killed Beckett, for absolutely no reason other than they could. I watched a few eps this season, I was certainly willing to give AT a chance. But Sam in command just never clicked for me and don't even get me started on Keller as a doctor. I'm not going down that road again.

I wanted to like Atlantis, I really did. I 'watched at it' when it was between SG-1 and BSG and I couldn't get past the fact that most of the eps were SG-1 rehashed stories. When it came down to watching this cast do that or popping in a disc and watching the originals, I'm afraid Atlantis came in a very poor second.

I'm sure I'll tune in to see whatever episodes Shanks guests on, but other than that? I don't think so.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Feb 7th 2008, 9:29 PM
Post #27

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(wonderland @ Feb 7th 2008, 8:49 PM) *

They broke my heart when they killed Beckett, for absolutely no reason other than they could. I watched a few eps this season, I was certainly willing to give AT a chance. But Sam in command just never clicked for me and don't even get me started on Keller as a doctor. I'm not going down that road again.

I wanted to like Atlantis, I really did. I 'watched at it' when it was between SG-1 and BSG and I couldn't get past the fact that most of the eps were SG-1 rehashed stories. When it came down to watching this cast do that or popping in a disc and watching the originals, I'm afraid Atlantis came in a very poor second.

I'm sure I'll tune in to see whatever episodes Shanks guests on, but other than that? I don't think so.

I figure because I love Sam, Daniel, Teal'c and Beckett, I'll look for and watch those, but not the rest.
+Quote Post
seymour
post Feb 8th 2008, 5:50 PM
Post #28

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,394

QUOTE(wonderland @ Feb 7th 2008, 8:49 PM) *
I wanted to like Atlantis, I really did. I 'watched at it' when it was between SG-1 and BSG and I couldn't get past the fact that most of the eps were SG-1 rehashed stories. When it came down to watching this cast do that or popping in a disc and watching the originals, I'm afraid Atlantis came in a very poor second....

Thank goodness we have S4 of BSG to look forward to! The best Sci-Fi on TV.
+Quote Post
wonderland
post Feb 8th 2008, 7:41 PM
Post #29

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE(seymour @ Feb 8th 2008, 5:50 PM) *

Thank goodness we have S4 of BSG to look forward to! The best Sci-Fi on TV.

My only complaint with BSG is that they have waited so long between seasons, it's easy to lose interest.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Feb 8th 2008, 8:02 PM
Post #30

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(wonderland @ Feb 8th 2008, 7:41 PM) *

My only complaint with BSG is that they have waited so long between seasons, it's easy to lose interest.

I agree with you. They were supposed to return in January, but the sci-fi channel changed things up. They moved SGA up to January, instead of the normal march. While I liked that they didn't wait 5 months between the first and second half of the season, I was disappointed about BSG. They could have had them on at the same time, but they elected not to.
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Feb 9th 2008, 7:22 AM
Post #31

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,443

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Feb 9th 2008, 2:02 AM) *

I agree with you. They were supposed to return in January, but the sci-fi channel changed things up. They moved SGA up to January, instead of the normal march. While I liked that they didn't wait 5 months between the first and second half of the season, I was disappointed about BSG. They could have had them on at the same time, but they elected not to.

could it have had something to do with the writers strike?
+Quote Post
wonderland
post Feb 9th 2008, 7:42 AM
Post #32

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ Feb 9th 2008, 7:22 AM) *

could it have had something to do with the writers strike?

BSG is filmed in Vancouver, Canada and since the strike is the Writers Guild of America, I think not. Same reason Atlantis wasn't affected, only shows written and produced in America.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Feb 9th 2008, 9:26 AM
Post #33

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(wonderland @ Feb 9th 2008, 12:42 PM) *

BSG is filmed in Vancouver, Canada and since the strike is the Writers Guild of America, I think not. Same reason Atlantis wasn't affected, only shows written and produced in America.

Nope, BSG is affected. SGA has Canadian writers, BSG has largely American writers, it doesn't matter where it's made. RDM is American and BSG IS affected.

And one thing I'm REALLY disappointed about season 5 cast wise [New] (From Joe M's blog)
» Click to Show Spoiler «

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Feb 9th 2008, 9:35 AM
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Feb 9th 2008, 10:50 AM
Post #34

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

Was it Tori's decision to appear in four episode in season 4 or did TPTB cut her role?
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Feb 9th 2008, 11:26 AM
Post #35

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Feb 9th 2008, 3:50 PM) *

Was it Tori's decision to appear in four episode in season 4 or did TPTB cut her role?

Yeah it was the producers decision. Joe Mallozzi said in his blog:
Still - while Brad was running Atlantis, he was very supportive and protective of the character, working hard to make sure she got her fair share of stories, and to suggest otherwise is not only disingenuous, but a slap in the face to a guy who was the driving force behind episodes like Before I Sleep, The Real World, and The Long Goodbye. The decision to make the change came at the end of season three simply because that’s when we started making plans for season four."

Or in other words, when Joe Mallozzi took over from running the show from Brad Wright, one of the first things he did was to write out Weir. That's real great of him isn't it dry.gif

Torri also has said in an interview:
The very last day of filming Season Three, as I finished filming the last scene on the last day, I was called up to the office and was told that my character was going to become recurring if I chose to be. So, I thought that was not a very dignified way to deal with it, and I was a bit surprised. So my reaction was -- I was a little bit surprised. I was a little bit upset by how it was dealt with."

+Quote Post
seymour
post Feb 9th 2008, 12:27 PM
Post #36

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Feb 9th 2008, 9:26 AM) *

....And one thing I'm REALLY disappointed about season 5 cast wise [New] (From Joe M's blog)

More eye candy for season 5.
More focus on the 18- 24 male demographic.

QUOTE(wonderland @ Feb 8th 2008, 7:41 PM) *

BSG Razor!

This post has been edited by seymour: Feb 9th 2008, 12:33 PM
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Feb 9th 2008, 1:02 PM
Post #37

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(seymour @ Feb 9th 2008, 5:27 PM) *

BSG Razor!

Oh yeah because that clip show really helped keep interest. It was an hour and a half "movie" dealing with (largely) plots you know you'd never hear from again and didn't advance any real storyline. It wouldn't really raise interest that much.

The Sci-Fi channel have stupided up their schedule again, although the fact that the second half of BSG's season hasn't even been written yet means we probably won't see it until about January next year.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Feb 9th 2008, 2:48 PM
Post #38

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(seymour @ Feb 9th 2008, 5:27 PM) *
BSG Razor!
'Razor' was a terrible excuse for a Battlestar movie. Like IP said, it was a clip show that looked at plots which will never resurface. Not only that, the main cast barely featured. The entire movie focused on secondary characters who will never be mentioned again.
+Quote Post
Commander McCoy
post Feb 9th 2008, 5:52 PM
Post #39

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 17,455

i think robert picardo is a bad choice for the leader of the atlantis team, unless he comes back as "the doctor" rather than woolsey. On a different note i think bringing back paul Mcgillon would be sweet. Long live Dr. Beckett!!!
+Quote Post
seymour
post Feb 9th 2008, 6:45 PM
Post #40

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Feb 9th 2008, 2:48 PM) *

'Razor' was a terrible excuse for a Battlestar movie. Like IP said, it was a clip show that looked at plots which will never resurface. Not only that, the main cast barely featured. The entire movie focused on secondary characters who will never be mentioned again.

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Feb 9th 2008, 1:02 PM) *

Oh yeah because that clip show really helped keep interest. It was an hour and a half "movie" dealing with (largely) plots you know you'd never hear from again and didn't advance any real storyline. It wouldn't really raise interest that much.

The Sci-Fi channel have stupided up their schedule again, although the fact that the second half of BSG's season hasn't even been written yet means we probably won't see it until about January next year.

I had real trouble following Razor's multiple flash-backs within flash-backs and it did seem too much effort for a sideline story.
Are Sci-Fi not being honest with its claim that BSG return March 8, 2008?

This post has been edited by seymour: Feb 9th 2008, 6:49 PM
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Feb 9th 2008, 7:04 PM
Post #41

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(seymour @ Feb 9th 2008, 11:45 PM) *
Chances are that there will be a large break between the two halves of the seasons. It depends on when Sci-Fi said that the date of Galactica airing is March 8. They could have said that some months ago, expecting the strike to last only a few weeks.
If what IP said is true and the second half hasn't been filmed yet, I don't see Galactica season 4 airing until around the time season 5 of Atlantis airs.

QUOTE(Commander McCoy @ Feb 9th 2008, 10:52 PM) *
i think robert picardo is a bad choice for the leader of the atlantis team, unless he comes back as "the doctor" rather than woolsey.
Perhaps a little more thought is needed before you post next time.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Feb 9th 2008, 7:36 PM
Post #42

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(seymour @ Feb 9th 2008, 11:45 PM) *

Oh no sorry my bad, the first half will air as normal from March 8, the SECOND half won't air at that time though, and likely will not until 2009. That was even speculated BEFORE the writers strike was going to happen as Sci-Fi could stretch one series out into 'two' then. dry.gif But given they have the first ten episodes finished they will air them as a ten block slot, but I doubt we'd see the back half until at least September but more likely January-March.

QUOTE(Commander McCoy @ Feb 10th 2008, 12:04 AM) *
i think robert picardo is a bad choice for the leader of the atlantis team, unless he comes back as "the doctor" rather than woolsey.

Nah I doubt they'd have him come back as the doctor, Robert Picardo just doesn't seem the type to play the 12th doctor.

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Feb 9th 2008, 7:58 PM
+Quote Post
wonderland
post Feb 9th 2008, 9:22 PM
Post #43

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Feb 9th 2008, 7:36 PM) *

Oh no sorry my bad, the first half will air as normal from March 8, the SECOND half won't air at that time though, and likely will not until 2009. That was even speculated BEFORE the writers strike was going to happen as Sci-Fi could stretch one series out into 'two' then. dry.gif But given they have the first ten episodes finished they will air them as a ten block slot, but I doubt we'd see the back half until at least September but more likely January-March.

Please tell me you're kidding? The second half isn't until 2009? That is not two halves of one season, that's two separate seasons...I really will have lost interest by then. mad.gif
I didn't do any of the razor shows and now I'm glad I didn't.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Feb 10th 2008, 7:11 AM
Post #44

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(wonderland @ Feb 10th 2008, 2:22 AM) *

Please tell me you're kidding? The second half isn't until 2009? That is not two halves of one season, that's two separate seasons...I really will have lost interest by then. mad.gif
I didn't do any of the razor shows and now I'm glad I didn't.

Nope, but in all fairness the writers strike still contributes a little to that, but the fact is that this is Sci-Fi and I remember reading an interview with Jamie Bamber before the writers strike saying Sci-Fi were considering it, and how he felt that Sci-Fi don't know how to treat a hit once they get it. But yeah I don't see Sci-Fi airing the back half of the season in September after a 3 month break, do you?
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Feb 10th 2008, 1:22 PM
Post #45

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,443

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Feb 9th 2008, 5:26 PM) *

Or in other words, when Joe Mallozzi took over from running the show from Brad Wright, one of the first things he did was to write out Weir. That's real great of him isn't it dry.gif

mallozi should be sacked just for that, weir was and still is one of my favourite characters, not only was she really good eye candy but she could act as well! personally i think that sga has changed too much with mallozi in charge instead of wright.
+Quote Post
seymour
post Feb 10th 2008, 3:01 PM
Post #46

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Feb 9th 2008, 11:26 AM) *

JB's blog shows he is one arrogant, self-serving SOB. I'm glad TH told him where he could put his part. An entire script was written assuming TH would be at his beck and call- didn't he think to show her the storyline/plot outline FIRST? That shows pretty poor management skills.

It is interesting to hear TH's take on how TPTB treated her, and on how AT has been "filling an episode"
http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/165589.html
QUESTION: How did Torri find out, and react, to finding out Elizabeth Weir was being written out of Stargate Atlantis? “Honestly? I found that quite shitty, to be honest. Oops. But I found out, because I kept going to them, I kept going up to them saying ‘I have a feeling my character, you’re not doing anything with me, and you guys have me for six years and I don’t want to, you know, be here not doing anything. Let me know what’s going on.’ And they kept saying “no, no, no, it’s great. We love you. We love you. Things can be great.’ And I said ‘well, if that’s the case, can we do something with her’ and they kept reassuring me that nothing - and the very last day of filming season three, as I finished filming the last scene on the last day I was called up to the office and was told that my character was going to become recurring if I chose to be. So, I thought that was not very, um, dignified, way to deal with it, and I was a bit surprised. So I was—so my reaction was one of yeah, I was a little bit surprised. I was a little bit upset by how it was dealt with. But I wasn’t upset at the decision because I understood it. I kept going to them saying ‘I get, I get what’s going to happen, just give me some notice so I can pack my apartment and move back to L.A. Really. So I wasn’t upset with the decision. I was upset with how it was handled.”

Question: And now Amanda Tapping seems to be doing exactly the same… just filling an episode. Torri said “Well, no. I understand that it’s a club, and you know, some people.. .you know. I think they didn’t like me constantly rapping on the doors saying ‘excuse me, why aren’t there any women writers or any women producers on the show?’ I think it bothered them. And so, Amanda, bless her, just had a kid so... bless her, man, she needs that gig more than [me]… you know what I mean? So I have no issues with any of them. I understand how it works. It is a bit of a political game and… I’m not very good at politics. I’m like Weir. I just want to act.”

Weir returned at the finale of “Be All My Sins Remember’d” – what can fans expect for the remainder of season 4? She said the interviewer probably had a better idea than she did and “you will probably know before I do, so drop me an email when you get a hint, because I really have no idea,” she laughed. She went to them, asking if Weir would evil, or what, but they didn’t know. “I don’t think they know even if they’re going to ask me back or not. Nothing has been decided.” Torri kept saying “You’re not going to make this fantastic leather jacket for just one two-second scene. That would be crazy! So if that’s the case, can I have the jacket?”

+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Feb 11th 2008, 1:43 AM
Post #47

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Feb 9th 2008, 11:26 AM) *

I'm not surprised by this at all. I posted early last year as soon as I heard that M & M were going to have the responsibility for SGA, that that would probably be the end of SGA.

QUOTE(seymour @ Feb 9th 2008, 12:27 PM) *

More eye candy for season 5.
More focus on the 18- 24 male demographic.
BSG Razor!

I have no idea about who this is. blink.gif
+Quote Post
seymour
post Feb 11th 2008, 9:35 AM
Post #48

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Feb 11th 2008, 1:43 AM) *

I have no idea about who this is. blink.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 2nd 2014 - 1:42 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.