Rating  5
KillerMarv
post Jan 22nd 2008, 11:40 AM
Post #97

Major General
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,622

No, there wouldn't be any electricity as a by product. The nanite field will temporarily introduce electrons into the atom structure, until it passes through. Than, the unbalanced system of atoms will regain stability. No electrons will be lost, no electrons will be gained.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ogre6br
post Apr 27th 2008, 12:45 AM
Post #98

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 18,977

Newbie Questions here

Why didn't they score more ZPM's- the wraith thought of it- why couldn't we??

Why weren't there teams ready to beam over to the Aur class ships??

The travelors need more ships- SGA needs more drones and more ZPM's
and the aim was to destroy the only things capable of making either/both all at this point in time.

My Mrs who was watching the episode with me and who has Zero military or tactical training or initiative said
I hope they steal more ZPM's before they blow up the planet- just after DrMC says " destroying the planet......"

perfect op to get more ships and ZPM's and they blew it

can someone please explain the thinking behind this- was it an oversite or deliberate by TPTB??

Also how is the RepliWeir thing supposed to play out now since the latest I have heard is the TH has declined as season 5 contract with SGA.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Apr 27th 2008, 1:23 AM
Post #99

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(ogre6br @ Apr 27th 2008, 8:45 AM) *

Also how is the RepliWeir thing supposed to play out now since the latest I have heard is the TH has declined as season 5 contract with SGA.

Well, that is a big time screw up on the part of TPTB. She simply refused what they had in mind for her character. Not good to talk about Season 5 in this thread, but I can say that we'll be having yet another story arc forgotten about. sad.gif

The rest of your post is too hard to understand. You should try to make your sentences more clear. unsure.gif
+Quote Post
Dave312
post Apr 27th 2008, 2:30 AM
Post #100

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,343

QUOTE(ogre6br @ Apr 27th 2008, 3:45 PM) *

Newbie Questions here

Why didn't they score more ZPM's- the wraith thought of it- why couldn't we??

Why weren't there teams ready to beam over to the Aur class ships??

The travelors need more ships- SGA needs more drones and more ZPM's
and the aim was to destroy the only things capable of making either/both all at this point in time.

My Mrs who was watching the episode with me and who has Zero military or tactical training or initiative said
I hope they steal more ZPM's before they blow up the planet- just after DrMC says " destroying the planet......"

Remember that originally they were going to overload the ZPM's, with their explosion helping to destroy the Replicator Mass. But of course with the mass destroying the power grid this was not possible and probably too late to attempt to steal some ZPM's.

Whether or not Todd's plan to steal ZPM's would have any effect on McKay's plan to overload ZPMs is unknown. Any ideas anyone?

There are threads open that contain spoilers for Atlantis Season 5. I suggest you either find these threads (under the Atlantis Spoilers and Speculation section) or visit Gateworld.com as they have information about these future episodes.

This post has been edited by Dave312: Apr 27th 2008, 2:31 AM
+Quote Post
ogre6br
post Apr 27th 2008, 2:54 AM
Post #101

Civilian
Group Icon

In S1 first episode RMc says they can scan for more ZPM's.

Col Somner says arnt there any more and RMc replies we would be able to sense them.

So why can they not sense other ZPM's in a city built to duplicate A by the REP?

There would be 3 in the ZPM room of the rebuilt A city at the REP home world for a start.

Also the battle ships are powered by a ZPM- even if you dont steal the ships - steal the ZPM from the ships in orbit.

does anyone know if it was deliberate by TPTB that no fresh ZPM's or battleships were liberated before the planet blew up?

Is it my English or my sentence structure you cannot follow??

later
P
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Apr 27th 2008, 3:25 AM
Post #102

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(ogre6br @ Apr 27th 2008, 6:45 AM) *
The ships aren't powered by ZPMs but they have the ability to be supplemented by a ZPM. There is no evidence that the Asuran ships had ZPMs aboard.

can someone please explain the thinking behind this- was it an oversite or deliberate by TPTB??
» Click to Show Spoiler «

QUOTE(ogre6br @ Apr 27th 2008, 8:54 AM) *
Also the battle ships are powered by a ZPM- even if you dont steal the ships - steal the ZPM from the ships in orbit.
As I said, the ships have ability to be supllemented by a ZPM but that doesn't necessarily mean they are powered by one. We have only ever seen one ship, the Tria, powered by a ZPM.
TPTB never give the team a huge advantage. If they got as many ZPMs as they wanted, Atlantis and the Earth ships would be able to stand against anything in Pegasus and the show would become boring. TPTB deliberately stop the team from getting everything they want.
+Quote Post
ogre6br
post Apr 27th 2008, 3:43 AM
Post #103

Civilian
Group Icon

oh- right- gotcha ( to the contents of the spoiler warning)- interesting concept

Why not score some ZPM and then find out they are half depleted or something- hopes up then crushed-
not a huge advantage but getting a bit on top of things-
it's coming upto S5- some progress should be being made.

If going by SG-1- we are half way through the story

By not getting any ZPM, makes the humans look dumb as a box of rocks for not getting some, while the mortal enemy the Wraith do.

I was really hoping that they would get some more ZPM
Then RMc could have used to original ZPM almost used up in leaving the home world of A to power the hyper drive jumper.

The hyperdrive jumper also fitted with mini new AsGuard beam weaps and drones would be a powerfull unit.

SGA deserve at least one powerful unit thats theirs all the time- not the DA or APOL spending most of their time in transit between MY and PG.

Does anyone know if X-302's fit through the Sgate or is their wingspan to big?

Thanks
later
P

+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Apr 27th 2008, 7:20 AM
Post #104

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

They already have powerful ships. Depending on what you have seen so far, Earth ships are already outfitted with Asgard weapons and shields and are match for Hives one on one but struggle with multiple targets. Giving the team powerful weapons would mean there would be little threat to them and the only way TPTB could keep the show interesting would be to conjure up another, more powerful enemy.

The 302s can't fit through the Stargate, their wingspan is too large. I believe it was season 7 episode 1 or 2 when Hammond said a 302 was being disassembled and transported through the Stargate.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Apr 27th 2008, 9:18 AM
Post #105

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Apr 27th 2008, 7:23 AM) *

Well, that is a big time screw up on the part of TPTB. She simply refused what they had in mind for her character. Not good to talk about Season 5 in this thread, but I can say that we'll be having yet another story arc forgotten about. sad.gif

The rest of your post is too hard to understand. You should try to make your sentences more clear. unsure.gif

Mallozzi didn't actually contact Torri for season 5 until the script was actually written. They just assumed she would, it was their treatment that got her to say no. It wasn't that she didn't like the direction they were going to take her character, as apparently she hadn't even read the script when she said no. I'm personally really disappointed by the whole thing, but that's not to say I think she made the wrong decision, as she didn't. But it's a shame she won't be in it now, especially as it was such a good set up and I really like her character.

And Daf, that spoiler is quite interesting...not a bad direction they've done there imo. (Although I only read half the spoiler, as I don't like knowing many spoilers biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Apr 27th 2008, 9:18 AM
+Quote Post
ogre6br
post May 4th 2008, 7:54 AM
Post #106

Civilian
Group Icon

over 2 minutes from when the REPs start flowing to the planet till when RMc and RD beam back upto the fleet-

plenty of time to steal enemy ships and ZPM's
bad plot oversite this one

even if just stealing ships to give to the travelors

later
P
+Quote Post
Revan
post May 4th 2008, 1:12 PM
Post #107

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(ogre6br @ May 4th 2008, 8:54 AM) *

over 2 minutes from when the REPs start flowing to the planet till when RMc and RD beam back upto the fleet-

plenty of time to steal enemy ships and ZPM's
bad plot oversite this one

even if just stealing ships to give to the travelors

later
P

I don't know what that means, overall.

REP = ??? something to do with the Asuran nanite blocks?

The team can't be too powerful, so it isn't an oversight, it was done deliberately. Of course I think it is laziness on the part of TPTB. It is easier to create peril when your heroes are outmatched by their enemies.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post May 4th 2008, 2:32 PM
Post #108

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(Revan @ May 4th 2008, 7:12 PM) *

I don't know what that means, overall.

REP = ??? something to do with the Asuran nanite blocks?

REP's = REPlicators I'm guessing smile.gif

QUOTE(Revan @ May 4th 2008, 7:12 PM) *
The team can't be too powerful, so it isn't an oversight, it was done deliberately. Of course I think it is laziness on the part of TPTB. It is easier to create peril when your heroes are outmatched by their enemies.

Sure, they already have 3 super uber powerful ships with weapons capable of destroying any ships in the galaxy easily, a city full of Ancient technology, and pretty much every advantage they could possibly hope for atm apart from numbers. But yeah the team isn't 'too powerful'.

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: May 4th 2008, 2:33 PM
+Quote Post
Revan
post May 4th 2008, 3:05 PM
Post #109

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ May 4th 2008, 3:32 PM) *

REP's = REPlicators I'm guessing smile.gif

Sure, they already have 3 super uber powerful ships with weapons capable of destroying any ships in the galaxy easily, a city full of Ancient technology, and pretty much every advantage they could possibly hope for atm apart from numbers. But yeah the team isn't 'too powerful'.

He had the whole acronym thing going there, so I wasn't sure. I was considering it from the acronym perspective, so it's not my fault.

laugh.gif It depends on what you mean by "too powerful." Our guys have Atlantis, even though it has very little power, and probably can't raise its shield, and they have Daedalus class ships with beam weapons that are pretty effective against both Wraith and Replicator ships, though, as we saw in 420,
» Click to Show Spoiler «

The good guys are incapable of wiping their enemies from the face of the galaxy, so that means they aren't "too powerful." It makes sense though, since a lot of this technology is waaay over their heads.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 24th 2014 - 11:10 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.