post Jan 4th 2008, 7:05 PM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Season 4, Episode 11 - Be All My Sins Remember'd
Air date: January 4, 2008

After being armed with the means to track Replicator ships throughout the Pegasus Galaxy, the Atlantis team works toward eliminating the Replicators.

Episode Guide | Spoilers | Teaser

(This topic is for people who have seen the episode to discuss it. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read this topic.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Protoziggy90
post Jan 4th 2008, 11:04 PM
Post #2

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,304

Okay, I thought this was a great episode. I liked almost everything about it. The one thing I hated was the ending. I can't believe the rediculousness of that scene with Weir on the ship in the debris field.

Ending aside, it really was very good. I liked the having two ships with the Asgard beam weapons, the alliance with the Wraith and the return of our good friend who kidnapped John. I liked the scenes with Rodney and Zelenka, the making of the human form replicator, and the plan they executed to eliminate the planet and everything on it. It was really a fantastic episode in my book.
+Quote Post
Airkat
post Jan 4th 2008, 11:10 PM
Post #3

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,591

This feel rushed to anyone else? Should've been a 2-parter or even a little movie.
+Quote Post
NewbieSGfan
post Jan 5th 2008, 2:04 AM
Post #4

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,631

Yes, I can easily see this episode being stretched into a two-parter, but frankly I hate waiting. I enjoyed the episode, sans the ending. Cheese, anyone (it was a cheesy ending)?

Yay unexpected alliances battling a common enemy. Camelot all over again. Okay, so maybe the alliances in Camelot weren't all unexpected, but we did have some cool ships from various sources fighting on the same side. What can I say? I enjoy big space battles. smile.gif

EDIT:

As an afterthought, was anyone else pessimistic? I was waiting for Rodney's replicator to turn on the team or something. It just surprised me that one of their a "risky" plans actually worked (sort of, if you ignore the whole black out thing). At least it made things suspenseful, for me anyway. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by NewbieSGfan: Jan 5th 2008, 2:06 AM
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jan 5th 2008, 2:12 AM
Post #5

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

I thought this episode was great. It was funny and exciting and suspenseful. The ending was a little irritating. I didn't think this ep felt rushed. I actually found my self having to look up at the clock because it seemed to be very long. The Wier or repliWier at the end owas very irritating. They just established last week that she was dead, and now it's all twisted. More to follow.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jan 5th 2008, 3:20 AM
Post #6

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

I watched this with my husband and we were both pleasantly surprised. It was a good episode.

Once again, Rodney in his arrogance, almost cost them everything. I did like that Sam spoke up and suggested something and Rodney commented about it, "we are two geniuses." I was so expecting the replicator/woman to turn on them, but she didn't.

The scenes between Rodney and Zelenka were spot on. I did like them a lot.

Teyla finally told that she is pregnant and it was from the Athosian, Kanan. Shep actually did the correct thing, sidelining her. As soon as she was stunned I immediately thought about her pregnance. They have no idea what that can do to her and the baby.

I also agree that the thing at the end with Weir was cheesy and irritating. So is this ANOTHER replicator Weir? Just how many were made? What are her plans? I must admit I knew something would happen. I knew it was too pat that they would succeed. In fact at first I thought the gate address would pop up on the screen again. Then they showed all the debris and I thought there would be a few replicator cells. Weir was a surprise, but at the same time a very cheesy moment.

Oh and I loved Sam letting the colonel have it for talking to Mckay the way he did. That was something that needed to happen.

On a funny note, I did like the opening, "colonel, colonel, colonel, colonel, colonels, colonels," Rodney, you are kidding me right? That was a very funny scene.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jan 5th 2008, 3:42 AM
Post #7

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

Yeah, the Colonel thing was great. I also thought it was funny when Shep was trying to "Ask for her number" at the end there.

Col Emmerson has bothered me from day one. Now that Sam has finally had some decent screen time, I expect some perceptions of her role as the Leader to change. She got to asset herself as the boss, and she used her scientific background to come up with a solution. I also liked that she was doing stuff at the controls on the ship, seeing as though she knows it better than anyone else.
+Quote Post
star1
post Jan 5th 2008, 4:13 AM
Post #8

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13,749

they could have save the planet
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Jan 5th 2008, 4:45 AM
Post #9

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,443

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Jan 5th 2008, 9:20 AM) *

Teyla finally told that she is pregnant and it was from the Athosian, Kanan. Shep actually did the correct thing, sidelining her. As soon as she was stunned I immediately thought about her pregnance. They have no idea what that can do to her and the baby.

i suppose the wraith stunners wouldn't effect a pregnancy because the wraith would probably let a pregnant woman go so that they'd later have two people to feed on or wait until the woman had the baby and bring the child up as a wraith worshipper after all they do want to let the species grow so that they can eat us.
sort of like when your growing a crop and you let some of the crop go to seed so you can grow that crop next year without having to buy seed.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Jan 5th 2008, 5:36 AM
Post #10

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

I see everyone hated the ending... but I thought it was awesome. It brings a lot of questions: If the original Weir was killed, than this would be a replicator, and the question would be "How many of them are there?"; If the original wasn't killed, than this could be the original, and somehow she was brainwashed into doing this. So, will she really consider Atlantis as an enemy?

The episode was the best one of Atlantis ever made. The effects, and the way the alliance worked was better than Camelot. The idea behind the destruction of the Replicator homeworld was ingenious. Everyone was given a great part in the episode: Ellis showed some interesting dispute with Rodney, Zelenka and Rodney moments were great work and Rodney was awesome.

Also, to mention the way Sam replied to Ellis. I certainly wouldn't have seen Weir take that attitude, and even if she did, Sam would have still been much better at it.

Teyla's pregnancy was finally revealed to the entire Atlantis base. Seriously, I don't know how she hid it. Of course, she wanted to continue being a valuable asset to the expedition, but seriously, she needs to think about her and the new life she caries once in a while. Ronon and Sheppard were great at that scene.

Heh, Ronon was stunned several times. That was to be expected. 1.gif

Lol, the Wraith warning McKay that he would propose feeding on him if he doesn't finish the program in time. And Rodney's reaction, priceless. biggrin.gif

A great episode, with a lot of time and resources invested in it perhaps. I hope they still had some budget for the rest of the season. wink.gif
+Quote Post
Reignfire
post Jan 5th 2008, 7:22 AM
Post #11

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,640

Things I didn't like:
-Like with most of you, I didn't care for RepliCarterWeir at the end. The idea felt too much of a reuse.
-I thought the Travelers joined the fight too easily for the limited number of resources they have. I was expecting that Sheppard or Carter would have to make their case in front of the Council personally.
-Considering Asuran tech is the same as the Ancients', why didn't their ships have shields? And wouldn't those shields > Asgard weapons?

I loved seeing the mixed fleet join up and the following space battle. It reminded me a bit of the space battle at the beginning of Star Wars Ep III.

I found it a little disturbing how friendly Rodney's Replicator was at the end when she said 'hello' to the Asurans then proceeded to help destroy them. When they were discussing the possibility of one giant Replicator, I was thinking, 'Oh know, a giant Oberoth!'. It's too bad that actor couldn't had made an appearance, even if it was just in the shot was Rodney's Replicator said 'hello'.

This post has been edited by Reignfire: Jan 5th 2008, 7:24 AM
+Quote Post
deadulus101
post Jan 5th 2008, 8:55 AM
Post #12

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,157

Well an earth ship actually blew the crap out of a freaking ancient ship. That was a first we finally destroyed a ship with weapons and not nukes for the first time in four years. I was so glad that both ships were outfitted with asgard weapons.

When mackay deleted the address i knew something was going to happen but not the thing with weir. But if they do it right they could have a good plot with her for a while.

Also the colonel colonel colonel thing was pretty funny and I thought Fran would definitely turn on the team but she actually came through.

Overall pretty darn good episode.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Jan 5th 2008, 9:49 AM
Post #13

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

Hell yeah!

Excellent episode. Loved every minute of it.

Great action sequences with the battle... just the sort of large-scale action I want to see. The starship explosions were pretty great, as was the Replicator blob on the planet, and the planet's destruction.

Loved the interpersonal moments. Teyla telling John and Ronon about her pregnancy, and John's reaction. Carter yelling at Colonel Abe for talking down to McKay... very nice. I even liked the humor in Larrin and Sheppard's scenes, and the humor in all of the Wraith's scenes. I even liked the unusual Colonel moment at the beginning... talk about an ambiguous chain of command.

I thought the end was interesting. If it was the bio-Weir, does that mean the breakaway sect of Asurans survived, and that they are now going to further their own agenda?
+Quote Post
AJL²
post Jan 5th 2008, 9:56 AM
Post #14

Airman Basic

Member No.: 13,551

Ok... So... Now we have powerfull ships in the galaxy that can actually attack enemy
ships effectively... Ships far more powerfull than Wraith Hive ships... And how many
Wraith hives could there really even be left at this point ?? Not much more than 30
or so... I think we should be able to finish them now pretty easily... biggrin.gif

But are we going to ?? Or are we just going to stand back and let them rebuild new
fleets and develope some new miraculous defence system against our new guns ??

I am guessing the latter dry.gif

And is Weir going to turn out be like another Replicarter... unsure.gif
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Jan 5th 2008, 10:10 AM
Post #15

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE(AJL² @ Jan 5th 2008, 4:56 PM) *

Ok... So... Now we have powerfull ships in the galaxy that can actually attack enemy
ships effectively... Ships far more powerfull than Wraith Hive ships... And how many
Wraith hives could there really even be left at this point ?? Not much more than 30
or so... I think we should be able to finish them now pretty easily... biggrin.gif

But are we going to ?? Or are we just going to stand back and let them rebuild new
fleets and develope some new miraculous defence system against our new guns ??

I am guessing the latter dry.gif

And is Weir going to turn out be like another Replicarter... unsure.gif

Yes, it is interesting that we have such powerful ships now, but the question is not whether we're going to use them, but whether we're going to risk it. There are only two ships we have, and each of them has sustained serious damage during the attack on the Asuran homeworld. So, if we attack now, we risk for nothing. There would have to pass a considerable amount of time for repairs before we restart pursuing the Wraith. And after we manage that, I'm sure the Wraith would know of our weapons, and that they will be prepared to face us (probably in larger numbers). The key element (the element of surprise) that we had in the elimination of the Asuran ships is lost against the Wraith.

This post has been edited by KillerMarv: Jan 5th 2008, 10:11 AM
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jan 5th 2008, 10:55 AM
Post #16

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Jan 5th 2008, 5:36 AM) *

I see everyone hated the ending... but I thought it was awesome. It brings a lot of questions: If the original Weir was killed, than this would be a replicator, and the question would be "How many of them are there?"; If the original wasn't killed, than this could be the original, and somehow she was brainwashed into doing this. So, will she really consider Atlantis as an enemy?

A great episode, with a lot of time and resources invested in it perhaps. I hope they still had some budget for the rest of the season. wink.gif

This is what I said also. Is this another replicater Weir, or is she the real one? Only time will tell of course, except for this, it was a very good episode.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Jan 5th 2008, 11:08 AM
Post #17

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Jan 5th 2008, 10:55 AM) *

This is what I said also. Is this another replicater Weir, or is she the real one? Only time will tell of course, except for this, it was a very good episode.

We don't know if the clones were killed or just captured... and then if they were captured, if they were eventually rescued by the rogue Asurans.
+Quote Post
BigusDickus
post Jan 5th 2008, 12:02 PM
Post #18

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,661

Wow thats gotta be the best episode of the season so far. I must admit i did keep wondering when their plans were gonna fail like Fran turning on them, or the wraith turning on them. I supose thats just how they have done things in the past, made a nice change for one of their plans to work for once.

I did like the weir scene because it has left me wanting to see more. But to be fair, she never said anything too revealing so we dont know if she is going to be a badie or a goodie. Hopefully someone on atlantis' side.

Colonels scene reminded me of that scene on Frozen when all the doctors are adressing each other and O'neil gets confused.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Jan 5th 2008, 12:27 PM
Post #19

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(NewbieSGfan @ Jan 5th 2008, 7:04 AM) *

Yes, I can easily see this episode being stretched into a two-parter, but frankly I hate waiting. I enjoyed the episode, sans the ending. Cheese, anyone (it was a cheesy ending)?

Just because the plot could be stretched out into a two-parter, doesn't mean it needs to be. This episode was paced very well and the action, tension and pace was held very well. It didn't need two episodes, as long as the plot doesn't feel rushed then they only need the episodes they gave it.

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ Jan 5th 2008, 9:45 AM) *

i suppose the wraith stunners wouldn't effect a pregnancy because the wraith would probably let a pregnant woman go so that they'd later have two people to feed on or wait until the woman had the baby and bring the child up as a wraith worshipper after all they do want to let the species grow so that they can eat us.
sort of like when your growing a crop and you let some of the crop go to seed so you can grow that crop next year without having to buy seed.

Honestly there are tons of quicker ways to get one more human to feed on, they wouldn't wait 9 months for someone to give birth and then take it. They'd just take the next person.

As for my thoughts, a VERY good episode, 9-10/10 for me. Very good, the pace was held very well as mentioned. Every scene was relevant and added something, there was action, character moments/development (LOVED Sheppards reaction to Teylas pregnancy, and Ronans too.) and plot. This is how a big episode should be, very engaging and non relenting, but in a good way. The effects were pretty cool too, they seemed more 3-D then normal...

As for Weir at the end, I LOVED it, I didn't see it coming at all and thought it was an awesome twist. Raises loads of questions but I like that. Plus it means we'll see more of her in the future biggrin.gif Does make you wonder what part they played in the destruction of the replicators though, could the plan to get all the replicators together by giving Atlantis the tracking device be part of the plan all along?

But very good episode, I liked/loved pretty much everything about it.
+Quote Post
Natoma
post Jan 5th 2008, 12:52 PM
Post #20

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,888

This was a great episode from start to finish. It had me at colonel colonel colonel colonel. smile.gif

And I thought the ending was absolutely positively phenomenal. From start to finish, one of the best episodes Atlantis has EVER had.

Kudos!
+Quote Post
Airkat
post Jan 5th 2008, 1:55 PM
Post #21

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,591

Further thoughts:

--Have we seen the end of the replicators? Anyone think that giant robot thing chasing a ship in the opening credits could be foreshadowing a giant replicator?
--What exactly happened when they were stunned? No one thought to check for tracking devices or anything suspicious afterwards?
+Quote Post
BigusDickus
post Jan 5th 2008, 2:35 PM
Post #22

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,661

What giant robot thing? The only thing that looks like a robot is the centre spire of atlantis in one scene but it looks like a transformer to me lol
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Jan 5th 2008, 3:40 PM
Post #23

Major General
Group Icon

Airkat, what are you talking about? The only scene in the opening credits that fits would be the scene previous to showing Ronon, and there is no giant robot chasing a ship there. That is a scene from The Siege, and as BigusDickus pointed out, that is the center spire of Atlantis.
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Jan 5th 2008, 4:09 PM
Post #24

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 745

One of their better ones this year, definitely.

Loved all the Rodney and Wraith moments, hilarious. Especially the wraith rolling his eyes at Rodney's stories. The "colonels" bit was also fnuny, as were the Rodney and Zelenka.
Also the wraith telling Sheppard he thought it's better to wake him up before Ronon. Classic.
I lvoe this Wraith! Here's to making him a permenant character on SGA!
Larrin is still pointless but she was a footnote in the episode, more or less so it wasn't as bad as Travellers. Got the feeling the Travellers ships destroyed the Wraith ones, and that's why they didn't show up to the rendez-vous.
Definitely surprise the plan worked, I expected Fran to turn on them/ the plan to fail. Does this mean the replicators are dead? I dare not raise my hoeps, sigh.

The bit with Weir int he end is, erm, I shan't comment. I think it was supposed to be in the Seer originally?
Sob.
I want proper Weir back.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 18th 2014 - 12:22 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.