Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate Atlantis: Spoilers & Speculation

This area is for Atlantis spoilers. There are separate categories for SG-1 Spoilers and Universe Spoilers. Complete forum rules are available here.

Atlantis Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> About a wraith's feeding abilities., MAY CONTAIN A SPOILER FOR SOME PEOPLE
jacksworld
post Dec 15th 2007, 1:49 PM
Post #1

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,030

As we have witnessed in the episodes "Common Ground", and "Travelers" the wraith can actually give back the life they suck out of a human and that human is themself again. Now, it occured to me that if the wraith could do that could it be possible for them to take the life of a human, then take another human who is not fed on and perfectyly healthy and give the lifeforce of the other to this individual and make this person younger perhaps? I know it may seem a bit far fecthed but hey, its SCI-FI..Besides feeding and returning it is kinda out there too anyways. I may lead to some interesting episodes if they could do this.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Harlan
post Dec 15th 2007, 3:10 PM
Post #2

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,172

QUOTE(jacksworld @ Dec 15th 2007, 7:49 PM) *

As we have witnessed in the episodes "Common Ground", and "Travelers" the wraith can actually give back the life they suck out of a human and that human is themself again. Now, it occured to me that if the wraith could do that could it be possible for them to take the life of a human, then take another human who is not fed on and perfectyly healthy and give the lifeforce of the other to this individual and make this person younger perhaps? I know it may seem a bit far fecthed but hey, its SCI-FI..Besides feeding and returning it is kinda out there too anyways. I may lead to some interesting episodes if they could do this.

Yeah, I agree with you. If you could get a wraith to do it of course biggrin.gif .

The only problems I could possibly find with it would be if people's life was only compatible with the person it came from; or what would actually happen when extra life was given to someone, would they get younger or would they stay the same hour for the amout of extra life given to them.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Dec 15th 2007, 3:38 PM
Post #3

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

Tbh I don't think a Wraith would need to immediately feed to be able to give someone life, just in this case they've done it both times but there were reasons for that. They could make someone younger though yes, if they can restore someone there's no reason they need to have just been fed on for something to happen.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Dec 15th 2007, 4:01 PM
Post #4

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

As we have seen, those Humans who worship the Wraith are given eternal life by the Wraith. It would be impossible for the Wraith to make a fully grown adult physically younger i.e. making him/her a child again, but the Wraith can restore lifespan to any Human.
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Dec 17th 2007, 7:27 AM
Post #5

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,443

while it wouldn't be possible to make them children they can restore more life than has been taken in common ground mckay commented on how sheppard was younger than he was before.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Dec 17th 2007, 1:45 PM
Post #6

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

The Wraith had fed on the Genii soldiersby then though so he was able to restore more of Sheppard's life that he originally took.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Dec 17th 2007, 2:35 PM
Post #7

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Dec 17th 2007, 6:45 PM) *

The Wraith had fed on the Genii soldiersby then though so he was able to restore more of Sheppard's life that he originally took.

We don't know how it works fully, we don't know if the Wraith needs to have recently fed, we don't know how much of the life force they can give back (I'm guessing they can reduce your traits to being very young and healthy, but things like shrinking bones to make them look like kids is obviously a no no) Sheppards skin could be younger though but his person would not have changed much.

We don't know much about it, but hopefully will get some more answers with this stuff over time.
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Dec 18th 2007, 8:44 AM
Post #8

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

actually i want to know if the wraith have ever tried an artificial feeding process where they don't need to kill humans.it'd make an interesting
story sometime maybe if the wraith who was experimenting died
in a lab accident with just one working prototype and we found it!
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Dec 18th 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #9

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ Dec 18th 2007, 1:44 PM) *

actually i want to know if the wraith have ever tried an artificial feeding process where they don't need to kill humans.it'd make an interesting
story sometime maybe if the wraith who was experimenting died
in a lab accident with just one working prototype and we found it!

Nah it would be too easy a solution to the problem, they wouldn't really become an enemy then. If that's how they resolve the Wraith issue I'd be dissapointed.

I'm sure the Wraith have tried other processes though, they wouldn't need to hybernate if there was enough food, I'm sure they looked for other solutions to it.
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Dec 19th 2007, 5:24 AM
Post #10

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Dec 18th 2007, 6:17 PM) *

Nah it would be too easy a solution to the problem, they wouldn't really become an enemy then. If that's how they resolve the Wraith issue I'd be dissapointed.

I'm sure the Wraith have tried other processes though, they wouldn't need to hybernate if there was enough food, I'm sure they looked for other solutions to it.

well it'd be nice to find the lab where they did the research into it (if they did or are doing)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 2nd 2014 - 3:35 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.